Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #2

hi there i am 5weeks today , levels came back at 7000 today now i have started bleeding?

Omg! Didn't know there was such a thread. What a great idea!

Well this is my story and I am worried about my current pregnancy as I never seem to ever have an easy ride!

1st pregnancy - twin pregnancy - bled brown from 4 weeks 2days until 7 weeks - ended in m/c
    2nd pregnancy - single (my son Lachlan) - bled brown and red from 5-8 weeks then at 11weeks I woke in pool of red blood and passed a clot the size of my palm and and as thick as my thumb. Was put on best red and continued to discharge brown till 15 weeks and then all was fine.
    3rd pregnancy - twin pregnancy - no discharge until nearly 9 weeks, where I had a stab in my gut that lasted for all of 5 seconds and took my breathe away and I immediately started only slightly discharging - ended in m/c
    4th pregnancy - not sure on single or double hanging out for a scan next week 8th Nov 2007 - been discharging only slight from 4 weeks 5 days and still discharging slight at 5 weeks 1 day.

So I guess I have proven all odds and had a successful single pregnancy with my son Lachlan and his was the worse bleeding by far. But in saying that whenever I discharge my heart still drops and I think the worst. I think blood for me can mean good and bad and you never ever really know which way it is going to swing.

fingers crossed and not long till your scan now.

Lucie Guest

Default 6 weeks 3 days pregnant?

Hey there. Itīs so nice to find this site because I have felt so alone and really need some support and comfort. I had my last period of the 24th of September and have taken two pregnancy tests, both of which were positive. Acording to my last period, I should be 6 weeks and 3 days pregant...hopefully. Iīm a little young but my boyfriend and I have been nothing but excited and happy since I got the positive pregnancy test results. Everything happend so fast and I had been planning to go on a weekend trip that week with a friend of mine. We found out I was pregnant on the Wednesday and I left the next day to travel so we thought we would see a doctor as soon as I got back and until then just keep healthy. I did a lot of research on diet and pregnancy so I tried to keep myself in the healthiest state possible. My boyfriend and I were on a high of happiness...iīve never felt so happy before in my life and thatīs when I realized that I want a baby more than ever. We were planning to get married and start a family soon anyway so itīs not like this pregnancy was a problem for us.

Anyway, for about a week before I found out I was pregnat until now iīve been having bad lower back pain and slight cramping here and there but I wasnīt worried because I read that this was normal. But on the Saturday, the worst happened. The cramps started getting really bad and late that night I went to the bathroom and saw that I was bleeding. It wasnīt very heavy but I could see that it was red with brown. The cramps were pretty painful that night but not too painful as some women describe and the cramps carried out until the morning until they finally stopped later on that day. The bleeding continued however but never in huge amounts, kind of like a period, maybe a little lighter than most periods but there was some small clots that passed for about a day or so.

Today (the Wednesday after, a week since I found out I was pregnant) I am still bleeding but it is only spotting and has been for the last couple days with no clots. I have no more cramps but still have that darn backpain. When I found out I was pregnant my boobs for some reason felt huge and now they are pathetic sagging litle things. Does all this mean I misscarried? I went to the doctor yesterday and he did a pelvic exam but didnīt tell me much and as I am in a different country, I didnīt really feel comfortable with him or ask him much. He was such a horrible little man. He said that he thinks I had a misscarriage but we had to do blood work and an ultrasound to confirm. I had blood taken that day and have an ultrasound and will find out the blood results tomorrow. Iīm hoping for the best. This is my first pregnancy so iīm not sure what to expect from the results. What should good blood results look like? If I was still pregnant, would they be able to hear the heart beat? What are my chances that iīm still pregnant? Has anyone ever had a similar experience and what was the outcome?

Any response is greatly appreciated as I am alone in a foreign contry and only have my boyfriend to confide in. Itīs great to read and see that iīm not alone. Thanks a bunch and good luck to all of you! God bless!

Lucie

Mommyto1.5 Guest

hi there, well here goes i'm now 26 weeks prego and during my 1st trimester i bled. the 1st time i noticed i was going to the washroom. i ran outside found a neighbour and cryingly asked him to go to the bus stop to get my hubby. i almost thought he wouldn't but i couldn't leave home bc i had my 4yr old still sleeping. anyways my hubby ran home in like minute bolted up the stairs and burst into the bathroom. off to the hospital we went speeding all the way. got a bed side u/s and an internal. doc said he could see the little heart beating and the cervix was still closed. i was told no sex for a week and i couldn't pick up my daughter anymore (so sad) or anything else. the bleeding stopped then a week later brown blood appeared on my undies, off to the doc again all he did was feel my stomach and told me it was old blood and that the urine test come back okay. later that evening i was laying down with the hubby and a big whoosh of blood (bright red) came out after i had a pain. so off to the emerg again at like 11pm. this time i was realy scared bc it was differ from the first 2 times. i called my mom and started crying and she talked to me untill we got to the hospital. (she even tried to sleep on the couch so she could be by the phone but just stayed up till 2am poor thing). they did an u/s, blood test, urine test and internal. once again heart beat was there, movement was there and everything came back ok. they made an appt for me at an early prego assesment clinic. had another u/s (@ 10 weeks) and they said i looked good that the baby was just burrowing the plasencta into the uterin wall and that my lil bambino kept hitting blood vessels. now i'm 26 weeks, and feel the baby moving and my hubby can hear the heart beat through my tummy once in a while and feeling okay.

thanks for letting me share

Lucie Guest

Default I miscarried...

Hey, just wanted to follow up incase it might help anyone. It turned out I did miscarry. I am so devistated. I had an ultrasound and blood test done yesterday and my hormones went way down and the ultrasound showed nothing. Itīs so strage because I am a very healthy active individual and I always ignored what I read about miscarriges etc because I always figured it wouldnīt happen to me. And now my first pregnancy it happened. I just keep thinking that everything happens for a reason and God has a plan. This wasnīt the right time to have a baby even though I really wanted one. It would have been really hard to tell our parents as weīre not married and are young. So itīll be great the next time I get pregnant when weīre married and our families can be happy for us. I really think everything happens for a reason. But itīs just horrible because I know the next time I get pregnant iīll be freaking out and stressed every day of my pregnancy for fear of having another miscarriage. Is having a miscarriage your first pregnancy common? Is it pretty likely that your second pregnancy wonīt end in miscarriage?

I hate that my next pregnancy will bring all these bad memories back. Like getting the ultrasound. I always thought that in my first ultrasound I would be able to see my baby. Itīs a shame that after a miscarriage being pregnant will never be the same. How did you ladies get over having a miscarriage? Anyone? I need ideas. This whole week I found myself reading pregnancy calendars to see what stage of development my baby would be at if it were alive and looking at my friends pregnancy photos millions of times. I just canīt get having a baby out of my mind now. Before I got pregant, having a baby was far away in my mind, but now I want a baby more than ever. I want so much to replace this lots baby. What can you do to to get over this? I really need help moving on.

Lucie

Mommyto1.5 Guest

hey lucie i'm so sorry to hear about the loss just give it time you'll never get over it, i don't think but it' will get easier. it's just like anything else it takes time, time to grieve, get angry, accept and all the unpleasantness of the whole situation. just remember rather than take it out on your hubby to be to turn to him for support, maybe the 2 of you should take some time off work (if you can) and just focus on the 2 of you and spend some quality time together. i don't know if i've helped if not you can smack me. just remember we're all here for you!!!

Marie
    Last edited by Mommyto1.5; November 18th, 2007 at 02:07 PM.

Oh Lucie, sorry to hear of your loss. It cant be easy. There are miscarriage threads in BB that might be of some help, ppl in similar situations, hope this helps. Hang in there.

Chelsea75 Guest

Default 13 weeks

Thank you ladies SO much for sharing your stories. This is the first place that I have seen so many women share "bleeding" stories that did not end in an angel being sent to heaven.
    With my daughter, who is 4, I never had so much as a pinkish tinge on the TP. But in July, we lost a baby at 8w. We are now pregnant again and at 13w1d. Yesterday, I began to spot. Nothing on the pad, just when I wiped. It immediately began to turn brownish which has given me great relief.
    All that to say, I still needed encouragement and I found it here.... THANK YOU!!

sara0901 Guest

hi all great thread, i am 10 weeks pregnant tomorrow, but yesterday i started bleeding quite heavy, i am still bleeding now as heavy as i would on a normal period (which is quite heavy), i went to 2 hospitals yesterday and got sent home and told to rest, which is hard with 2 littlens running around lol, they said to go back if i got pains or clotting, when i go to the loo there is quite a lot of blood and little clots a bit bigger than a pin head size, i'm not sure if i should be worried or not
    i have got like a dull stomach ache but no cramps or bad pains
    they arranged a scan for me but its not until thursday, which seems so far away when i dont know wots going in side, i just want to know everything is ok
    on my other 2 previous pregnancies, i did have a slight bleed but nothing compared to this and they were both much earlier than this aswell

i just dont know wot to do with myself, how can i rest when i dont know wots going on, its driving me mad and i cant sleep!!!!

lucie- sorry to here of your loss, sending you a big hug , i will pray for you.
    sara- sorry to here what you are going through, hope you get some ansewer soon .big hug for you to.

sara0901 Guest

Default thank you

i went back to the hospital on sunday they took blood and done a pregnancy test and a few other tests, they say there's no obvious sign im having a miscariage, and think its some sort of infection, i'd just like to ask, has n e 1 else on here used sainsburys own pregnancycare tablets?? they r folic acid and vitamins all in 1 tablet xx

Sandy1171 Guest

Default Hi everyone

Hello everyone. I am very new to this website, I think its fanstastic and I have read about everyones highs and lows. I too need to share cause if I don't, I think I will go crazy. I am 36 yrs old and found out 3 weeks ago I was pregnant. Hubby and I were so happy as it has been very hard to fall. It took us 4 yrs to fall the first time and its virtually taken the same amount of time this time round. We have a gorgeous girl who is 6 and is very excited about becoming a big sister. Since the weekend I have notice slight bleeding. I went to the doctor yesterday, had a u/s which showed nothing to suggest there is something wrong, or whether everything is ok. As it is my 2nd scan, the size had increased. I am approx 6 and a half weeks along. i woke up this morning and have a full on period. I usually do get heavy periods and so i just don't know what to think. I had a blood test but don't get results till tomorrow. It has been very assuring reading everyones unique situations. I guess all I can do it just hope. Its nice to know that there are websites like this one for people to turn to.

Cheers

sandy- fingers crossed all is ok, sending you a big hug, when are you seeing the doc next?

Sandy1171 Guest

Unfortunately the day went from bad to worse yesterday. I started losing very big clots from about 2 pm. Hubby and I went to the hospital and unfortunately throughout the following hours, I miscarried. It's been very hard but we are thankful that it happened now and not later. The hardest part I think is telling everyone. The phone hasn't stopped ringing this morning. Thankyou for your kind wishes. I hope everyone who experiences difficulties just please be aware you're not alone and everything happens for a reason. Just think of all the fun we'll have 'practicing' again lol.

cheers

sandy - sorry to hear your sad news, we are all here for you, sending you a big hug, yes practicing again lol.

sara0901 Guest

Thumbs down hello every1

hello had my scan today, unfortunatly the baby is gone!!!
    there is still a lot of blood,clots and the sac in there, so got to wait for them to pass through, got to go back next friday for another scan to make sure its gone so i dont get an infection. can't really believe it, its still sinking in, just want it to all be over now, not having n e more kids now, this has really put me off, dont want n e more heartache, just concerntrate on the 2 i've already got. thank you for all ur support and kind words xx

Sandy1171 Guest

Hi Sara

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am having exactly the same feelings you are having. I think the hardest thing is actually facing everyone and for me its been hard to try and explain the feeling. Hubby and I are also unsure about having another go and like you, just be thankful for the one that we do have.

I wish you all the best in the future,

Cheers

Sandra

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast