Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #2

sara - sorry to hear your sad news,sending you a big hug , why does life have to be so hard.
    sandra - how are you doing, sending you a big hug.

me - not much happening Still no AF were is she ? Because my new husband does not have children i really want to have one or two children , fingers crossed.

Sandy1171 Guest

hi Bettyboop

Thanks for the warm wishes. I am doing ok I guess. The worst is facing people. I went to work for half a day yesterday and almost turned around half way there. It was very hard to sit there, I didn't make eye contact with anyone and only spoke to people if they spoke to me. I still have my moments when I just sit and cry. I still have a little bit of pain and sickness but I'm sure it will go away eventually. Also I am faced with my sister in law who is also pregnant, so its very hard to listen to her rave on ( I know that sounds selfish, but its hard).

I wish you all the best with your situation, I hope it all turns out the way you want it to. Big hugs to you.

Finally to Sara - hope you're coping. Big hugs and kind wishes for you.

Cheers

Sandra

trinya Guest

I have stumbled across this thread today after quite the scare yesterday. Even though my LMP says I am 12 weeks, my ultrasound last week would have me at 13 weeks today. Yesterday after getting out of my friends car, I went inside to go to the bathroom because I felt wet. I was saturated and flowing a lot. I called my friend who came back and got me to take me to my doctors. When they checked me they said the flow was like a heavy period and there were clots. After doing an internal exam I was told that my cervix was closed, which was good. When she put the doppler on my to try to detect the heartbeat, she told me she was quite surprised to find one after seeing how badly I was bleeding. I was sent to ultrasound where the baby was moving all over the place and was told by the person doing the ultrasound that everything looked good. I am now home for a couple of days on a wait and see type of situation and go back to the doctor again today. I am hopeful after reading some of the stories here that all will turn out ok. I hate the wait and see thing though. This will be my second if all goes well.

sara0901 Guest

Default hello all

hello all, went back for my 2nd scan 2day to make sure everything had gone, thankfully it has, i dont know how cos i havent bleed since the last scan but at least i dont have to have a d & c now, i hope u all have a merry christmas and a happy new yr
    all my love sara

Question

Hi,
    Thank you to everyone who has shared their stories here. It is really reassuring to know that bleeding in pregnancy can have a happy outcome.
    I am 10 weeks and have been bleeding quite heavily for about 24 hours. (Like a period) I work in a hospital, so phoned one of the gynae doctors, who was really nice to me, but could not book me in for a scan until Friday (now 3 days away). It is really horrible not knowing what is going on. If I have had a miscarriage, then I want to get it all over with, put it behind me and move on. We have only just let our friends and family know that I am pregnant and it is going to be really hard telling them what has happened. Last night, we went out for New Year's eve, and I had endless conversations about being pregnant and having a baby. It was a bit weird, as I was bleeding at the time, but the bleeding has not got any heavier.
    For now we are just watching and waiting. I'll let you know what happens on Friday..
    C

sorry to hear what you are going through, finger crossed all will be ok, hope you are resting lots, let us know how you go on friday. send you a big hug.

Thumbs down

Thanks for your message, Betty Boop. It was really nice of you.
    It turns out that I didnt need to wait until Friday after all. I went to work today, and even though they are very busy as it is the first day back after the holidays, the early preganancy unit managed to squeeze me in for a scan. Unfortunately it was sad news, and as I was expecting, I have had a miscarriage. The sonographer and nurse were both really kind and supportive, and although it has not been a nice experience, they have made it a little bit easier. My boss was lovely too, and sent me off home for a couple of days. I'm pleased that she did, as I'm not sure that I would have been able to concentrate at work.

The hardest part is going to be telling everybody. I have a friend who is about 30 weeks now, and I dont want to make her feel sad about anything to do with preganacy. Does anybody have any thoughts on whether my news might upset her? (I know that depends entirely on her, but as I have never been that many weeks pregnant, I have no idea how she may take the news). It may be possible to avoid telling her for a while.
    Good Luck to everyone with bleeding problems, remember that it is not always bad news,
    C x.

canary, sorry to hear of your loss, was good of your boss to give you time off. I would tell your friend,i am sure she would rather know than not know. Take care of yourself , sending u a big hug

Sandy1171 Guest

HI Canary,

I would tell your friend, I'm sure she will be very understanding. I kind of went through the same thing when I miscarried as my sister in law is pregnant. I was so worried she would rub things in my face and she can be that type of person, but she actually said something to my husband (her brother) and was worried about upsetting me when she talked about her pregnancy. I told her it was ok, even though I kind of avoided her for a couple of days. I'm sure your friend will be sad for you, but I'm sure she's not going to make you feel bad.

Cheers

Sandra

sara0901 Guest

Default hi canary

i went through exactly the same as u b4 christmas,my best friend who is pregnant came with me to my scan and was very upset, she didnt show it infront of me, she did avoid me for a few days tho, cos she thought her being pregnant would upset me,bless her! its best to tell ur friend, she will want to be there for you.
    sara0901 xx

Thanks everyone,
    Your advice has helped loads, and I will tell her. It has been really helpful for me to read this forum and know that there are other people going through the same thing as me. Good luck to everyone reading this, and thank you again for your advice,
    Canary

Hi Girls
    Good to hear all your stories, some happy and some sad.
    I have been bleeding for my whole pregnancy...now 6 weeks. At the start it was light and I thought it was a light period which I often get. However for the week it has been real bleeding that drips out when I go to the loo etc. I rang my OB and they tlold me to come in for 48 blood tests. I was expecting the worst but was 3500 for the first and over 7000 for the second which I did yesterday (Thursday). So now a little confused as my blood tests were good, but I have bleeding! I dont have any preg symptoms this time around and also no pain...hmmmm. wish I at least felt pregnant.
    So after preparing myself for the worst yesterday where I expected my hcg levels to have decreased, I now feel a 'little' ray of hope. I have a scan at 8am on Monday morning, so will know by then I guess! NERVOUS. Def dont want a second miscarriage in 3 months!
    B

Good Luck Bliss!
    I hope all goes well for you!

...Laura

Hi! Just thought I would share my stories - hope you don't mind!!

1st preg - slight bleeding weeks 6-8, all OK, healthy baby girl @ 42wks!
    2nd Preg - heavy bleeding 5 wks, was at work (in hosp) went down to ED, told that since I was very early preg, was prob miscarrying and to come back for U'S in morning. When i went back for u/s, they could see a sac, no heartbeat, but lots of blood around baby. Was told I had a 30% chance of carrying baby any further. Continued to bleed off and on, went back for u/s 2 weeks later and all was good!!!! Healthy baby girl @41 wks!
    3rd preg - had bleeding, thought was AF, but felt preg, so went for blood test. Came back neg, was really sick and was on ab's for severe chest infection. ALso had chest x-ray. Still felt preg, so did home preg test, came pack positive! Was an emotional wreck cause I had had the chest x-ray and heavy duty antibiotiucs, started bleeding quite heavy, went to Dr who said I was prob miscarrying from having the x-ray/radiation. Was devastated, went to anothe Dr who sent me for emergency U/S. According to my dates I should have been 5-6wks. Had u/s, was told during examination that I had had a compete miscarriage cause there was nothing in my uterus. Also had bloods to check my hcg. I was so devastated cause had been ttc for 6mths, I cried for days and we went away camping to get away from it all. Anyways, I kept bleeding and had to have more blood tests to make sure my hcg was dropping. Well it didn't, it was rising, so was told I most likely had an ectopic preg and rushed away for another emergency u/s. Well low and behold they found a baby!! In the right spot, hiding!! I was so amazed., along with the dr's and sonographer, I cried some mre!!!! But I was also angry at all I had been through, cause at my first u/s when they said I had had a complete loss, I felt rushed and she was quite rude cause they had to fit me in. But anyway, I had a beautiful baby boy at 38wks!!!

So, just goes to show, sometimes it ends good!

I am really sorry to read about all the losses in here though, my heart breaks for you, and I wish you all the luck in getting those bubbas to stick.

Sandy1171 Guest

Hi Bliss

I'm just wishing you all the best. I hope everything turns out ok for you.

cheers

Sandra

Bliss - praying for you sweetie , hope all is ok.

Hi Bliss,
    Good luck for your scan, I hope it all goes OK.

hi im not sure where to put this but i figured here is the best place,

my gf had just had her normal pill period about 15 days ago, and only now, eg last nite, she had noticed a bit of brownish blood discharge? i was wondering what that was, and thinking about the whole implantation bleeding and pregnancy it has got me concerned. any idea on what that represents. should b noted that she takes her pill everyday, always around the same time, However, lately she had been taking it 15 mins later for a week and on saturday about an hour earlier? would that make her have a slight breakthrough bleed?

we use condoms during sex, however every now and then, prob only a handful of times we dont start out using a condom, but end up putting one on during climax. She has continued her bleeding today, and it is again very light and faint, last nite it was a brown colour and was very light. She isnt in pain from what im aware and she has not skipped a pill since and always takes it within and around her regular time. She has been on the pill since june of 2007, and even before then she has been on it for the last 3 years with a 1 or 2 month break per year.

its just really worrying as its been 15 days since her period, or sugar pill withdrawal, and this has come out of nowhere. i heard implantation bleeding is very light, and either brownish or pinkish, this is light and brown, however from my understanding if you get your withdrawal period on the pill and you bleed it is highly unlikely , very unlikely to be pregnant as that is a sign of not being pregnant? is that correct.

Sorry for the long post

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast