Thank godness for this thread!

I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago, doctor estimated me for around 5 weeks upon discovery which would have made me 8 weeks this Thursday. It wasn't planned and I had only just gotten off the implanon 12/09/08 but was very welcomed and my partner and I were stoked.

Everything has progressed along well, went for a dating scan last week in which everything looked normal but the radiographer put me back to being only 5-6 weeks. He told me to come back in 2 weeks and have another scan so I could get a determined due date. So I'm around 6 weeks and 2 days today! However on Saturday afternoon after having lunch with my friends, I went to the loo and had a little bit of brown discharge - really dark brown. About the size of a ten cent piece.

Well I panicked. Cried my eyes out, called my mum and calmed myself down before telling my partner who was also pretty worried. Thought I'd stick it out and see how I went. The discharge was there a little at night and when I wiped, had gone by Sunday morning but by Sunday afternoon I had another ten cent piece worth there. Again, really dark brown and not like blood but just like a mucus or something.

Monday was the same, had a little discharge at work and a little in the afternoon...and again today, none in the morning but a little this afternoon. Boobs are still really tender, I haven't been suffering a lot of morning sickness, just a bit of dry retching and feeling ill in my stomach which has continued. However I learnt that if I constantly snacked then I could avoid feeling sick so I've been snacking all today and have only felt ill a few times.

I called my doctor's office and they told me that he was going on holidays and fully booked out, next available appointment being in December. I explained to the receptionist that I needed to be referred for a scan and that I needed to see my doctor urgently so she's booked me in for an emergency consultation this afternoon. So will see what he says then...here's to hoping that everything is good and I have a sticky bub in there. Not sure if he'll send me for an U/S or whatever but fingers crossed and reading the stories on here have given me hope!