... 7891011

thread: How many times have you been pregnant? *Sensitive topic*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Dec 2008
    Melbourne, VIC
    4,637

    Two pg, one was a late loss at 21 weeks, DS1, and the other an earth side bub, DS2.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Add JennaJayen on Facebook

    Oct 2008
    Kallangur, QLD
    1,390

    9 pregnancies...

    I've lost 7 but I'm blessed to have 2 earthside bubs.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Feb 2008
    Country Victoria
    5,945

    2 Pregnancies and 2 baby girls.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    May 2008
    Fraser Coast, Qld
    336

    2pregnancies and two little girls


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Nov 2004
    WA
    414

    7 pregnancies - 2 children. 4 miscarriages and one still born. I have a tattoo on my wrist that represents them all <3

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Add Beatrix on Facebook

    May 2007
    within a puff of pink
    3,315

    3 pregnancies and 3 beautiful children.

    I know I'm lucky.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7

    Jun 2010
    District Twelve
    8,425

    Three pregnancies. One beautiful daughter.

    Then there are the six fertilised embryos that I have had transferred into me this year that DP and I created out of love and an overwhelmingly huge desire to have a child together. I guess they don't really count to anyone else but they do to me.

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Sep 2007
    Brisbane
    5,729

    Three pregnancies. One beautiful daughter.

    Then there are the six fertilised embryos that I have had transferred into me this year that DP and I created out of love and an overwhelmingly huge desire to have a child together. I guess they don't really count to anyone else but they do to me.
    Yes N2L, they count .

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Nov 2009
    Vic
    1,292

    Three pregnancies. One beautiful daughter.

    Then there are the six fertilised embryos that I have had transferred into me this year that DP and I created out of love and an overwhelmingly huge desire to have a child together. I guess they don't really count to anyone else but they do to me.
    They definitely do count

  10. #10
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise
    15,272


    Then there are the six fertilised embryos that I have had transferred into me this year that DP and I created out of love and an overwhelmingly huge desire to have a child together. I guess they don't really count to anyone else but they do to me.
    They will always count to you hun - and that's what matters. don't let anyone else tell you if they should or shouldn't count - what you feel in your heart is all that matters.

    i don't count our unsuccessful embryo's when discussing pregnancy and loss - but i very much count them for me. when i get the ink on my back updated for our angel babies, there will be something symbolic (probably small stars) for the four embryo's that didn't take

  11. #11
    Registered User

    Aug 2007
    3,526

    4 pregnancies and 2 beautiful baby girls

  12. #12
    Registered User

    Nov 2011
    Radelaide
    910

    I wonder how the loss of an early twin gets 'counted' when the pregnancy continues to a live birth of the other twin. If it gets 'counted' at all.
    It gets counted. My mum lost my twin at 10-12 weeks. She had lost another baby 12 months before at the same gestation so she rushed to the hospital to see if anything could be done. It was then that they did a u/s & found me waving. And yes it was a definite loss as my mum remembers holding my twin in her hands after it was lost.

    She had 6 babies out of 7 pregnancies but at least 2 of the pregnancies were twins. Some were lost due to the Rhesus factor.

    Myself I've had 3 babies out of 4 pregnancies, #3 was prem. The last was an early mc & I'm pretty sure it was twins. (they run in my family).
    Last edited by Chrispe; November 16th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.

  13. #13
    Registered User

    Nov 2011
    Radelaide
    910

    Y'know, I'm sorry, I have tried to let it go, but I'm really offended. I have NOTHING to remember my babies by. Most people don't even consider them babies because they were only 6 weeks old (as further evidenced by this thread). I never got to hold them, to see what they looked like, I don't even know if they were boys or girls. Sometimes I feel stupid for having given them unisex names, I feel like I'm making too much out of nothing. But y'know what? They were and ARE my babies, and I bet that my heart aches just as much as anyones

    I don't think it's helpful to anyone to say that one loss is worse than another - ALL loss is fricken' painful and should never happen.
    Keike it's ok. The loss of a baby is still a loss no matter when it happens.

    I have friends who have had early loss, late loss, stillborn, SIDS, the list goes on..... Those little ones were your babies you loved & wanted them.

    I recently (sep/oct) lost twins very early on & I do feel it although I haven't told many people as some just don't understand. Some would even question how I knew that it was twins (as it was too early to u/s) but having had 3 babies previously I knew, & I felt like I knew my twins too.

    My Mum was the one that taught me that early miscarriage is still loss and we are allowed to grieve for those loved ones. Whenever my Mum would hear that a friend had lost a baby she would head straight over just to be there so that the mum could talk with someone who understood.

  14. #14
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Brisbane
    5,039

    6 pregnancies
    4 beautiful children
    1 ruptured ectopic 9weeks3days
    1 mc 12weeks

    A loss is a loss I would never judge someone on their pain but whilst I didn't think I could survive the pain of my first loss. I just know I don't have the strength to birth a child, hold my baby and walk away empty handed.

    *****hugest apologies for commenting on something I really have no idea about*******


    The pain in this thread, I feel physically sick. So sad

    My mum had 8 pregnancies for two children. One loss was 23 weeks.

    My MIL had three live children(twins) one stillborn, one 25weeks and a few mc. How horrid.

  15. #15
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jun 2008
    In snuggle land
    4,499

    I just know I don't have the strength to birth a child, hold my baby and walk away empty handed.
    How do you know? How does anyone know until that's what happens? Who says it's strength that keeps you going anyway?

    Btw, I'm not having a go, I'm just in a very bad space atm and the whole "strength" thing gets to me. Like I must be strong to survive this. Normal women wouldnt. Therefore I mustn't be normal or something. Maybe I dont love my babies enough or why else can I get up each day and keep going. I've had people say to my face, I couldnt survive what you've been through. Why not? How do they know? What makes me so frigging special that I have to be "strong"? Is that why my babies died? Because I'm strong and therefore can cope better than a "weaker" woman?

    What if I'm not strong enough today? Surely I should be "better" by now. If I'm not strong enough there must be something wrong with me. Please be strong and hide the pain, we dont want to see it, hear it. Be strong because we feel helpless.

    It's not like any of us whose children die are given a choice when it comes to surviving. Or at least not a choice I'm prepared to take.

    The love and pride of those beautiful babies sustain me when I have no strength left. Friends and family prop me up when I can't stand. Hope and love keep me going when I'd rather just stop breathing. The pain never, ever ends.

    Neither does the love and that's what I'm desperately clinging to. Is that strength? Or just sheer bloody mindedness that this will not break me, no matter how brittle I feel?What happens if I do break? Is that because I'm not strong enough?

    Sorry for the OTT rant. The whole idea just really gets to me.

  16. #16
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Sydney
    2,350

    Twice! One out and one currently baking!

  17. #17
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Brisbane
    5,039

    Holy f&@k......

    And I guess that's why one shouldn't say a thing when one does not have a bloody clue what they are talking about.

    I appreciate the raw honesty of your post and would delete my comments but then no one would understand where your post came from.

    I'd say more but that would be making it about 'me'.

    My most humblest apologies for saying anything that upset you tash.

  18. #18
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Brisbane
    5,039

    Double post

... 7891011