Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

Thankyou all so much for the warm welcome it's been lovely.

Kmond I totally understand the "not feeling pregnant" thing, i'm there at the moment... Aside from feeling nauseous for 1 night for a few hours, I haven't had any other symptoms... Before i'd confirmed the Pg i was going to the toilet all the time and eating heaps but even all that has dropped off...
    But so far i've had 3 Blood Tests that are all looking really good, so i'm a little more relaxed now.
    My levels were 7.2, 9DPO (which my doc called a neg), then i got a positive POAS so I got another BT at 13DPO with a 91.3 (different doc very happy) and because I was feeling very paranoid i got another one yesterday at 17DPO with my levels at 558.... That BT made all the difference to me.

So now i'm going to relax and have faith that everything will be ok.

I hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying their pregnancy.

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking in here for a couple of weeks and have just decided to post. I am 6 weeks today!! After TTC for 18months and having success with our first ICSI transfer. I do see some familiar names in here which makes me realise I am in the right place!

Kmond - Helllooo!! Nice to see you in here. I am exactly where you are at! I have had no symptoms at all apart from slightly sore BB's. I noticed on Sunday that they had gone down and were not sore and I had a total meltdown! I cried for about 2 hours thinking that I was going to lose this baby. DH made me take an at HPT which came up with the darkest and quickest positive line ever and made me feel at ease. The sore BB's have returned aswell.

Good luck to everyone who is due very soon!! How exciting.

AFM - I am waiting for my first ultrasound next Tuesday. I have been doing lots of reading about where my baby's development is at and looking at things to buy - I am not going to buy though until I get to 12 weeks. My pants are getting tighter especially at night - though I am not to sure if it is because of the baby or the fact that I can't stop eating!!

Take care
    Mahli

hi ladies

sorry its a me post today!

we are having a HEALTHY HUGE! BABY BOY!!!!

he is measuring a wopping 24 weeks 2 days and i was 23 weeks by my count and will be sticking to my dates as there is NO way he was concieved that long ago as i was charting and even by my LMP its still not that long ago soooo big baby i guess oh and he is VERY long and his head is under my right ribs and his feet are in the birth canal soooo i really hopes he turns, daddy was born breech so i hope its not tradition! plenty of time though to turn around.

we still havent bought A THING! but i think maybe now we are certain there will be a baby this time and perhaps should by something!

I also have a HUGE anterior placenta, i dont look pregnant much either which was even more shocking! i still wear normal pants unbuttoned.

i also had a contraction during the scan! the sonographer saw it too i have a feeling he will come earlier than 40 weeks dont know why but its a feeling i have.

ALSO i asked the man for a pic and he was so unfriendly the whole time and he said oh when u go to the docs in 3 weeks he will have the negatives get one from there! im like ummm ok! also i lay there for about 5 mins he didnt say a word so i said ummm is there a baby in there or what? he goes yes, and im like sooooo is it alive and he goes yeah! he was so cold, i wanted to ask more questions but he wasnt very inviting but said all looks good so i guess nothing to stress over. i wont be convinced til i see my doc.

HI TO THE NEW LADIES!!!

nicole - enjoy your new little one! oh its so exciting! im so jealous!!!

Anyway thats it from me!

take care all!

M=H=B - how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a boy!!! I cannot wait to find out what sexes our twins are. Only a week to go til we know!!! Now you can really go shopping Sonographer sounds like a bit of a pain in the butt though. Gees! Don't stress about his position - there is plenty of time for him to turn around. And there are plenty of things you can do to encourage it as well. I have decided the best policy is not to stress about things until they actually become something that requires your energy. Otherwise you just burn up loads of energy that could be better utilised elsewhere. Besides, what is, is, and you can't change things. Acceptance .... (I'm having one of 'those' days at work today - grrr - and this is the approach that's keeping me somewhat sane!!)

Welcome Mahli, Ella's mum, Kmond and anyone else I've missed.

Well, have a lovely day you lovely ladies!

Jen

jen - Thanks! yeah im sooo not stressed at all! im relieved actually although its unpleasant having constant punches up near the right ribs as he is also diagonal and seems to want to stay this way i guess it gives him more room to stretch. i cant wait to see what you are having also! its very exciting! once you know they have a little identity!

has anyone gotten a 3d scan? im going to book one for 30 weeks, its 200 dollars for 20 minutes viewing, pics and a dvd.

barney Guest

Smile

Hi ladies, I have keeping tabs on everyone but everytime I try and post something my DD needs my attention

Welcome Mahli, Ella's Mum those are great numbers, KMond my first pg I had no symptoms sometimes I had a car sickie feeling but with this pg I have had alot more symptoms. I guess everyone reacts differently but you have some great number whens your scan?

Grub nearly at your 12 week mark

Good luck Nicole, how exciting

MissMagpie arrrh stretchies I have them from my first pg and I used olive oil and creams. I am using cream at them moment but I know I can't stop them as I am obviously prone to have but hopefully I wont get anymore.

Hi Bella 2 more weeks till your 12 week mark whens you next scan?

Hi girls, hope you're all progressing along well.

Nicole, thinking of you. A very exciting time. Can't wait to hear a BA.

Welcome Mahli and Kmond. Best wishes for a H & H pregnancy.

M+H+B, congrats on finding out it's a boy.

How are you travelling BG??

Have a great night all. My DD turns 4 today. So nice to see her growing up but sad because it happens so quickly! She's had an awesome day but it's not finished yet... bring on a special treat dinner.

still here - apparently Gremlin is in no hurry to arrive at all. am over it, but what can i do?

re 4d scan - i had one at 28 weeks (ish) with Gremlin and they are the most amazing pics. was awesome. if you can swing the funds to do it, do it! it's was an amazing bonding experience not only for DH and I but also for my bro's kids - they got to see a baby, not just a growing belly! and we realised that my bro's kids must look more like our side of the family than SIL's as our little girl, in her scan pics, looks HEAPS like my bro's two girls!

oh bg, i know it doesn't help but you are truly on the homestretch. hang in there!

hi Kaydee,, have fun celebrating with your DD.

azzrenae you sound run off your feet.

great news MHB!!! that's so exciting... congratulations. I was smiling from ear to ear for you from your post. and i'm glad to hear you are sounding much more relaxed thesedays.

hi to all the other girls. sorry can't do heaps persies as being paged for dinner....

but wanted to share ... we had our first ob appnt today. VERY happy with our doc and saw our little pinkie... 10w4days and it was wriggingly around and waving at its daddy!!! so exciting. didn't hear the heartbeat and have the nuchal (sp?) scan in a fortnight.

yayayayayay

oxox

Hi girls

Welcome to the newbies, this is a great thread, you will get lots of support.

I am 19 weeks tomorrow and had my scan today. everything is great and we are having a little BOY!!!!!! VEry happy and it's just so wonderful to know, I would be too curious to wait. DH very happy and proud.

I fainted in a restaurant last week, very scary, woke up on the floor, with an ambulance on the way! Took me to the hospital, but really it was just low blood pressure; the doc told me to drink more water and drink through the night, and also have something small to eat before getting out of bed! I have been doing that the last few days and I feel better for it, and now don't hve a headache.

Aaaahhh pregnancy!

Hope everyone is well

Grub, it's exciting to see your little one moving about. GL for your nuchal scan.

Neptune, congrats on your blue bundle! How scary to faint when you're out.. so glad the remedy is simple and you're feeling better.

Thanks soooo much everyone for the warm welcome to this thread and all of the reassurance you sent me. It did really help me relax and think a bit more positively to read your own stories about absence of pregnancy symptoms so thank you!

The good news is we had a scan today at 6w and we have a good strong heartbeat. I still can't believe it and am just so relieved and happy. I was originally not due for a scan until next week but as I was so worried my clinic put my scan forward by a week and said we'll do a scan to check if there's a sac to put your mind at ease a little. They said there might not be a heartbeat just yet but there was and I'm over the moon. Yayyyy!!

I won't go through individually and thank you all for your words of wisdom and good wishes as there were so many and this would turn into an epic post - but THANK YOU everyone.

Nicole - Good luck - looking forward to hearing your news v. soon!

Briggsy's Girl - sending you lots of good wishes too - not long to go now.

grub17 - it's just amazing seeing that little person wriggle and move isn't it - congratulations and good luck with the nuchal.

MHB - so sorry to hear your u/s man was so rubbish but congrats on the news that it's a boy

Neptune - congratulations on the news of your little man - wonderful.

Mahli09 - great to see a familiar name - I am also 6w today and due on 12th Jan. I am sooo hearing you on the disappearing BB's - mine were the same and that's what really made me drop my bundle and think it was all over. But don't panic - as I said I am feeling absolutely no symptoms at all and had a happy little hearbeat staring back at us today. So looking forward to hearing from you after your scan next week. By the way heard any news on Jodz?

Take care all
    x

Hey Everyone

Welcome to the newbies, Kmond, Ella'sMum, Mahli

Nicole - Cant wait to see your birth announcement!

Neptune - Congrats on having a boy!!! Cant wait until we can find out, but we are keeping it a secret form everyone, well we are going to try to!

Grub - They are so cute when they wave their little arms around huh!

BG - Not long to go now hun, hang in there!

Kaydee - I hope you had a great day with your DD on her 4th bday!

MHB - Congrats! A Boy!! Big baby huh? Nice and healthy too i bet!

Smithy - All the best with this FET, fingers and toes crossed for you guys!

Big Hi to everyone else!

Well kim and I are travelling along ok. She still has MS sometimes but not all the time, but the nights she does she has thrown up a couple of times. But overall she is good. Our First OB appt is on Tuesday so we will be one day shy of 12 weeks!! Then the very next week we have our Triple Screen scan... kind of in two minds about it. It will be good because we get to see the baby at 12 weeks 5 days... but also very nerve racking...

Take care everyone!!

Hey girls - I hope everyone is growing well!

I just wanted to know when everyone is finishing up from work? I have planned to stop one month before I am due, but just wondered what you are all thinking of doing?

Thanks for your input!

barney Guest

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/birt...s-arrived.html

just incase anyone hadnt seen this yet..thank you mon.

hi girls,
    neptune, i've been thinking the same thing recently and read up a bit. I was also planning on finishing work a month before my EDD, so 36 weeks.
    but after reading some of the stuff i am considering saying 34 weeks and playing it by ear (just take work as the week comes). My boss is very flexible so i don't think that will be a problem.
    I'm just paranoid that i'll finish thinking i have a whole month to rest up and organise bub's room etc only to have the bub the next day! not worried about finishing too early, i am very good at occupying myself at home all day and loved when we first moved here and i didn't work for 3 months... not bored once! very good time waster and nanna napper here!

I also think it depends on how you are feeling. If you feel huge cumbersome and uncomfortable at work then maybe its worth finishing early if you can afford it. It's a tough call and so individual. I also have scoliosis in two spots on my back so this could cause me some problems.

not much else to report. just wish my tumy would pop properly so i can finally wear maternity clothes... my clothes fit in the morning but don't by the arvo and are uncomfortable. brrhh. it's like being between sizes, how annoying and I'm too tight to buy pants just for a few weeks.
    oxox

ps thanks for the link smithy!
    Last edited by grub17; May 22nd, 2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

Hi All hope you are well and enjoying being pregnant. In a funny way I miss my belly and having that wonderful feeling of my baby growing inside me. Don't get me wrong, it is amazing having Jasmine here, but being pregnant is such a special time.

Anyhow, just wanted to jump in and say to Neptune that I worked up until 38 weeks, and it was only really the last week that I really started to feel like I should have been at home with my feet up. I did keep really fit during my pregnancy which I think helped with work a lot. However, if my work had offered a few more weeks of paid maternity I might have taken a little more time before hand, although I did start to get bored even with only 2 weeks before Jasmine arrived.

Best of luck to you all!

Janie and Jasmine xxx

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast