... 51314151617 ...

thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

Hi all

Neptune, I need to give my notice to work too, and am having the same dilemma.

My ob says recommends women with twins stop working at 28 weeks. That feels SO early to me, but I'm not there yet, so I don't know how I'm going to be coping at that stage. He said twins on average come at 35 weeks, so I was thinking of stopping around 32 weeks and perhaps working the last few weeks from home (I have an office job, so thankfully have that option available to me).

The other complicating factor is that my office is up 3 flights up stairs from the street, and the loo is a further two flights up, and we have no elevator. I'm already getting puffed doing that walk countless times each day!

Then there's the money to consider. All so difficult! But I have to make a decision this weekend, so I will let you know what I decide to do!

BG - any news????

Janie - nice to see you again! How is it all going??

Hi to everyone else - have to run, DH is screaming out at me to bring him a towel... men!

Jen

Oct 2008
    brisbane australia

grub17- dont stress about the preg belly im 6 months pregnant and bub is a week and a half bigger in size on top of that and i still wear my normal clothes, ppl have no idea! i dont look pregnant at all! so maybe it will be the same for you! im not very tall either and still no show but i feel him under my ribs a bit now so i guess he is running out of room and should grow outwards from now on. It doesnt bother me at all as i havent had to purchase any maternity clothes at all!

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

no news here - just reading and not posting much. had a very uncomfortable appt at Ob the other day and have decided to just lay low until the Gremlin arrives. when she's here i will get someone to post a link in here for you all. in the meantime, i seem to be getting a cold and had migraine yesterday and that "hangover" kind of headache from it today, so really and just going to be hiding out... sorry for no persies - it's just too much for my poor head today...

Oct 2008
    Far north Queensland

Hello all,

it's time for me to pull my head out of the sand and get a few words out. Firstly, about you! You guys are all doing so well I feel like I am running to keep up. All your great scan results...yay Miss Magpie, I was sooooo happy to hear all went well for you and to those awaiting yours (TwoMums), all the best to you too.

To the new girls, who I haven't met yet, hi and welcome. this really is a fantastic source of help and inspiration,throughout every phase and we need those experienced "big sisters" who are more advanced with their pgs than us. I will sooo miss BG and the two Nics, so I hope you keep checking in. It's great to hear from you too Janie, although I don't know you, I love hearing your thoughts and heraing about life on the outside now.

In my own case though, when things get rocky, I have to back off a little and give myself space or otherwise I tend to get too anxious and involved. I have hovered around form time to time reading all your great news and triumphs and watching those amazing tickers tick over. Even my own has surprised me for once.

I have been a bit gloomy I suppose since my nuchal scan result and waiting to have my amnio on Tues. I just want to love this baby, I'm 16 weeks and I just feel like I have this huge heavy weight if I think about it too hard and i upset myself, so I will skim over it, just to let you know I just want to love this baby and keep it at all costs. dunno what I'm doing but I take heart from your words and keep reading yours over BG and Nixon. Anyway, I'm a bit of a mess, like I said, does no good to dwell, but wanted to share.

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

Oh Murph, I have tears in my eyes thinking about you. I'm really sorry to hear that you think you're struggling. I actually think you're really brave. I can't imagine what it must be like and the fact that you're still here, thinking of others, and really able to understand you own emotional reactions is really inspiring.
    Sending you lots of thoughts and wishes and love - we all are.
    Jenx

Nov 2008
    on the verge of greatness!

for you Murph during this anxious time.

We are having our NT scan on june 5 but like you, i doubt i would not keep this precious baby whatever the outcome. Having read up on the scans lately, even the official documents say it's only stats. they aren't actualy testing for downs, just looking at indicators and we all know from our unsuccessful TWWs that "indicators'' can be misleading. ie thinking we're utd with symptoms and it's just the bloody progesterone.

Hang in there. tuesday is nearly here and we are all with you... and we all understand why you would want to lay low. oxoxo

for BG - you poor bugger. go rest that sore head and take care of you. you are just moments in time away from at the finish line and holding bubs in your arms. oxoxo

oh jenc - three flights of stairst to work and no lift... does that even meet disability access standards??? i'm pretty sure they need to provide you easy access, perhaps you should look into it. we've got a flight of stairs up to our toilet and i very gracefully fell up them on Friday... only hurt my leg but DH has now ordered a new 'rule' : one step at a time! brh. good luck with your decisison, it is a tough one.

thanks MHB. that's amazing you aren't showing yet. and very lucky for you in terms of clothing! i did a Big Dub raid and gota top, some soft bras, knickers etc today. DH kept noting that "you look preg'' today lol... my response was "i am". got some mat pants off ebay and they've finally arrived so i'll start wearing one pair that just cut below the tummy.. the others are wayyyyy too big atm.

hi janie good to hear from you.. and jasmine. do you call her jas or jassy or such? i would like to second murphy''s comment that once you fall off the (preg) wagon, you are required to pop in from time to time for a visit and touch base.

hi to all the other lurkers, stalkers, and preggos

Bought my first baby outfit today. it was only a big dub osh koshi or something ... a little 'travel' set but i just was overcome with the urge to purcchase. DH did a big smile when i told him, i think he's getting pretty excited. also got some baby books for the laour and when bubs come home - neither of us have experience with a baby. agh!
    apart from taht, just had a nice long kip and am kicking back. finding work physiclly draining and can't wait till my boss gets back (although he's only back for a week then gone for another week).
    now feeling much more confident and relaxed about the pregnancy...

oxoxo

Jul 2008
    Sydney

Murph - I'm still here checking in to see how you are going. I'll be thinking of you Tuesday. What ever happens you will deal and you will do what ever you need to for you and your baby. We have an enormous capacity to cope with the unexpected. Wishing you the best - let us know how it all goes when you are able.

X

May 2008
    Sydney, Australia

Murph and BG

Nov 2007
    Country Vic - West of Ballarat

Hi Everyone

I've been AWOL for a few weeks now, but have been reading up on how everyone is going.

Nicole: Congrats on the arrival of your precious little boy.
    Neptune: I'm leaving right on 34 weeks, my work is extremely ***l about working into the 6 weeks prior and require so much stuff from my Ob so decided it is just too much crap. Plus I have been getting severe pelvic pain which my doctor advised me will get worse the further along I go and as I work in a call centre, sitting down all day won't help the situation either.

To our newbies: Welcome, it is nice to see some 2010 babies in here already.

Everyone else big hugs to you all.

AFM: Well have had a busy few weeks, one of my beloved cats died on the Saturday before mothers day. She wasn't old (8) and had some kind of seizure and died in the space of a couple of minutes. So a very sad time for us. The following week had a special Ob appt due to the severe pain down low I've been getting, it seems I'm suffering from Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction or SPD. Luckily the baby has now decided to grow out of my pelvic region which has released some of the pressure and I've now popped out. We are just over 18 weeks now and my wonderful inlaws have just bought us our Cot, Change Table and Car Seat. The cot we purchased is one I always liked but was $700, it was on special this week for $469 (including mattress) so we snapped it up. It converts to a toddler bed as well...Yay.....

Having our 2nd trimester scan tomorrow, so hopefully bubs plays nicely and we can find out if we are expecting a blue or pink bundle. I'll make sure to let you all know if I am joining the blue club in here at the moment or going to break the trend..

Mar 2008
    Sydney

GL for your scan tomorrow Kelly.

Murph, thinking of you. Hope the amnio on Tues goes well for you.

Hi to all the other lovely ladies in here at the moment. Hope you've had a great weekend. Had our 4 yr old's birthday party today - she turned 4 mid-week. What a day! I'll sleep well tonight.. Ob appt tomorrow.

May 2008
    Sydney, Australia

Kelly - GL for your scan - I found it an awesome experience and if it doesn't feel 'real' before, it certainly does afterwards! Have fun

I'm up at the crack of dawn today because the little rascal decided to play gymnastics at 4am - I am NOT complaining, as it is the first time I have felt a lot of movement apart form the occasional bump. It feels so cute and bizarre!

Grub - It's fun buying the first stuff for your little bundle. Don't you just keep looking at it and wondering how a tiny little thing is going to be inside that outfit one day soon?

Hi to all,

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Good afternoon girls,

Hope you all had a good weekend

Murph - Have been thinking of you a lot Its understandable to be feeling gloomy under the circumstances. I hope all goes well with your scan tomorrow and your able to find out some more answers. Please take care.

Grub - how exciting buying your first purchase I still feel funny buying things now! My DP's mum bought us 2 bags of things already, hehe She's a SHOCKER! And she was still asking what else do I need. Im not wearing maternity clothes as yet but have bought some bigger/looser tops that my bust and tummy will fit into, haha

Twomums - Hope your 1st OB appointment goes well tomorrow

Kelly - good luck with your scan tomorrow My DP and & have decided we wont be finding out the sex. We want a surprise (well at least I do, lol)

to Kaydee, Jen, Janice, Neptune, Nixon, Kwond, MHB & BG.

AFM, not much happening. Get really bloated of an evening. Have organised Australias Biggest Morning Tea at work today and I think Im about to explode with all the food I have eaten, lol

Take care all,

Tania xx

Nov 2008

good luck murph! thinking of you today.
    oxoxo

Jul 2006
    Brisbane

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to Murph today, thinking of you sweetie xxx

Kelly I hope you have a wonderful time today seeing bub i have heard that the 19 week scan is totally amazing and i cannot wait until we are there!

Our OB appt is at 3.30pm today so will post the details tonight!

Big Hi to eveyone!!!

Oct 2008
    brisbane australia

so much happening at the moment i cant keep up but murph im also thinking of you

and to all the ladies having scans and appointments i hope all goes very well for you

AFM - im sooo over it now! i dont know how BG and the other 3rd trimesters cope, now i know who he is and saw him on the scan at 24 weeks! he was a human being! i want him out!!! he kicks ALL day and night and i want to see him! i was in denial for sooo long well until last week and now its all real to me! i FINALLY put a cot on layby and have a few blue singlets but thats it! im still terrified of having a stillborn has anyone else had this fear? im physically ok besides the vomiting but sooo used to it now im just anxious and will be until he is safe and outside the womb.

Oct 2008
    Far north Queensland

Hello to all you lovely girls,

just wanted to say thank you so much for your thoughts. the support is just a huge lift.

You wouldn't believe it though...the car ferry I need to cross the Daintree River on to get to the hospital in Cairns (2 hours away) got bogged and I couldn't get to the appointment. My meagre buddhist teachings have helped me through the day and I didn't let the single tear that formed fall (you'd be proud of me). So obviously, there is no way I can control anything so I have let go. Lots of deep breathing, meditation and yoga today, while my sister went ballistic, trying to pay for the best medical treatment money could buy. I didn't let her take control though and she has to now learn to meditate too, poor bugger!

Anyway, if you can hang in there hoping the best for next Monday, I'll get my act together and try to catch up with some persies sometime between now and then.

P.S the day wasn't completely wasted, we went to Cairns anyway as I now need preggo pants. I think my tummy has passed the point of no return since the weekend and I have a bump, so on with the sexy stretchy waist pants.

BBL

Nov 2008

oh murph! the joys of FNQ living. I thought they fixed that road so you didn't have to take the barge anymore! big hugs for you and i admire your calm thoughts... hold onto those... like you said, you can't control it so why stress over it. the only thing you can control is your reaction.

I've been really trying to let go and not be such a control freak. it feels great to just accept and go "okay, we'll move on from that now. that's done". big hugs for you and bub! and glad the day wasn't wasted, saved by shopping!

MHB - you are a natural worrier aren't you! lol. I can highly recommend murph's advice - just take it as it comes, accept the joy of the moment that you're in and deal with any catastrophes when and if they happen. no point wasting energy worrying about things you have no say in! i'm sure it'll all be good for you. big hugs. oxox

hi two mums and kaydee, great to hear from you Miss i-love-morning-teas Magpie! ox

hi mumma neptune..... i actually looked at it and thought, holy begesus, something that size is coming out of where???? dh held the little outift up to my stomach, we sort of moved it around a bit trying to figure how it was going to fit in there! lol. but everytime i go to the nursery (no longer spare room, only referred to as babys room or nursery from now on) i get it out and just giggle in delight! is that crazy. But that really has just encapsulated all my pent up excitedness and glee of the whole situation.

kellyD how did your scan go???

Hi to all the other girls on the thread and watching from the sidelines.

afm: went for a swim this morning like a good mumma. still feeling a bit ill but think the first trimester sickness is slowly waning. have more energy although still tired.

oxoxo

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

Murph - no way! You are a remarkably composed and strong woman. An inspiration!
    Kellyd - how was your scan?
    Grub - hope you're continuing to feel better. hopefully all the yuckiness will be over in a couple of weeks
    Twomums - how'd your appt go??
    Hi Tania, MHB, Neptune, Kaydee,BG and everyone else.

AFM, we have our scan tomorrow and I am busting out of my skin to know what colours my little twin beans are. I've been running a book at work And, this might sound bizarre, but does anyone else have tailbone pain? I have had off and on pain for ages and ages. I actually was going to tell my ob about it at our last appt a month ago, but felt too silly. However, I am actually in serious pain. I can barely sit without yelping, and the pain brings tears to my eyes. Sitting in an office chair for 9 or 10 hours a day doesn't help I suppose. But I can't even get on or off my lovely soft bed properly. It's causing me some grief. Just wanted to see if this was normal??? Or if anyone has any advice for how to get relief. I don't another ob appt for a week, so will ask then, but I'd love some coping strategies in the meantime.

Hope you're all well!

Jenx

... 51314151617 ...