Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - October, '05

thanks Shell,
    i sure will drink loads more i usually drink about 2 and a half litres a day but i am sure i can up that some more till my eye balls are floating

Tiff - Thats wonderful news about your scan. I hope you start to feel a little better about things soon.

Shazz- You poor thing, at least the antibiotics will soon kick in and do their job, and I repeat what others say drink LOTS of water and i believe cranberry juice has some kind of magic power in keeping UTI away.

Gab - Woohoo on a day left \/ Yikes at having a 10+lb-er, although the u/s sizing isn't that accurate as others have said.

Hayseed - Grrr at your ankle in plaster. Was Thomas in a sling or were you carrying him? Do you think the time has just flown by?

Sush - Have you tried out the doppler yet?

Hope all is well with everyone.

I was wondering if you ladies could give details of how you fell pg this time around - ie. FET, natural, Clomid, etc. ? Just thought would be good to let the LT TTCers know about some real life examples of success.

Sal Guest

Hi Keen, well for me I was on an IVF break (had previously done one full stim cycle and one FET), I actually fell pg the month before I was going to start stimming again. I have PCOS so begged the IVF doc to prescribe me Metformin and Clomid so that I felt like I was still TTC even on the break. I took Clomid for two cycles but the depression side-effect was too much (and had done Clomid before without success) so just kept on with the Metformin (which can normalise insulin response in PCOS women). I was absolutely not TTC the month I fell pg, I stopped taking my folic acid, went on a major diet and exercise regime to get me in tip-top shape for the next IVF, and did not do any timed BDing. I am just extremely lucky, after TTC for 3.5 years there was no doubt that there was something wrong with my fertility, but somehow I managed to produce a good eggy that stuck.

Keen - I was pretty easy. It was a natural FET (with our last two remaining embies) no drug support prior or after.

Tonight is the first night Jack is sleeping in his "big boys car bed" wish us luck, while he is very excited to be in there, he has been out a couple of times already hehe.

Thanks guys... I know at the time you each announced I knew what had been going on with you, but damn if I can remember #-o !

Jo - Have got to love a car bed!! Jack is a very lucky boy \/ Hope he stays there for you.

Hi Lovelies,

Just a quick post because I'm still working on something.

Tiff - wonderful news about the babies' ultrasound. Hope it helps a little to put your mind at ease. I can also understand though how it must have stirred up some of those feelings you have about William. Thinking of you.

Hay - I'm glad that Thomas is okay but that's a bugger about your ankle. What a horrid experience. Hope you are recovering well.

Jo - I can't imagine why Jack WOULDN'T want to sleep in a bed like that. That's a dream come true! He must be feeling very grown up these days.

Hope you other ladies are all doing well. Time is ticking by for us quite rapidly it seems.

Keen - lovely to see you back around. I was going to ask if you wanted the posting about how I conceived in this forum or in the success stories forum in Long Term TTC?

Got another busy week coming up but hopefully it will all be over soon and I can get started on this place.

Hope you all have a lovely week.

Mel

Well Jack didn't stay in his car bed, he was put back into his cot when he was opening the back door. Two reasons why this is not good is that we have a dam and also he will let the cats out. Tomorrow i'm calling the builder to come and child proof these idiot doors we have. Tonight he lasted all of 10 minutes in his car bed and then started getting out and running about, he is now back in his cot......I think it's going to be a slow process hehe!

Today (spur of the moment) we went to the races, I have never been to horse racing before, have no idea of how to bet and won three out of the five races I bet on \/ DH won NOTHING! It was a really nice day apart from all of the ignorant people there. You can see quite clearly that I'm pregnant, especially with the floaty top I was wearing and so many people just walked right through me, it was making me cross, why do people walk around with their heads up their arses????

Then I fell over on the grass and do you think anyone came over to lend a hand?? Nope! I was wearing semi heels and the grass bit isn't even and just turned my bad ankle over (NO I WASN'T DRINKING LOL) and down I went like a sack of ****.

Hope everyone else had a lovely w/end!

Good morning ladies

Keen for me it was a natural FET, 2nd go, drugs prior or after transfer.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning all,

Keen, mine was my 5th IVF stim cycle, first time using a blast transfer. 4 previous stims and 3 prev FETs were all BFNs. This last go I was on 3 pessaries a day, like all my previous stim cycles. HTH.

Jo, I was really feeling for you re Jack and his new bed. I hope you manage to get him to settle in it soon.

And re people walking through you, isn't it amazing how rude people can be? I am shocked by the amount of people who plough into DH and me all the time, and it's a bit crazy when you think he's just over 6ft 3inches and would NOT be the one to be knocked over.

As for me, had a miserable weekend. DH was watching me trying to use the doppler. I couldn't find the heartbeat , so was pressing down quite firmly and moving it around. He panicked and told me to stop and then WW3 ensued where he said that he worried that I was hurting the baby, that I was untrained to use this sort of equipment and that u/s should be used for medical pursposes only and not to appease the concerns of the parents.

It went on damn near all weekend, and in the end, I could not convince him otherwise. Not only have I not found the heartbeat, I am now banned from using the doppler. Lucky the little'un was kicking furiously last night, so I could tell DH that at least the little'un seemed none the worse for wear, and if anything, this will be my reassurance for the weeks leading up to my next u/s.

Tiff, I couldn't have hurt the little'un, could I?

love
    sushee

PS doesn't help that the little'un has now been quiet all morning!

tiggy Guest

Oh Sush,
    Hugs honey, no your little baby is tucked up safe in a big bag of fluid and placenta and all that good stuff. You could not hurt him/her...only yourself.
    If I lived closer I'd come and find the hb for you.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Thanks Tiff for saying all the right things to make me feel better. You're an angel.

I guess I knew that I hadn't hurt the little'un, and I think I was offended by him thinking I'd do anything to harm our precious baby, but after a whole weekend of his ranting, I was starting to doubt myself.

But on the plus side, I just had some Ribena so the little'un has started his/her aroebics again \/

love
    sushee

Jo, what stuck-ups, where were their manners. Hope ur ankle is ok & not in plaster like Hayseed. I was helpin DH move some of the lighter furniture 3wkends ago & was a bit high, so had to stand on toes (I was walking backwards, DH forwards) & didn't actually roll my ankle, but hurt it none the less, although was just bit sore for few wks luckily no injury.
    Hope Jack get's used to his new bed shortly.

Sush, sorry to hear u were unsuccessful in finding ur littlen's hbeat. Guess it depends on placement of placenta & all that & which way bubs is facing. Hope u can find it soon, to at least get ur money's worth & for piece of mind... :-)

Tiff & Shazz, hope ur feelin better.

Keen, here's a summary for me, hope to be reading ur's shortly too... :-)
    TTC#1=24 cycles (5 off), Clomid x 5, AIH/IUI x 1, surgery 31/5, chiro, naturopathy, multivits, cin2 surgery narrowing/scarring, endo, anovulation (3 cervical operations). My successful mth was my 2nd mth after surgery using Clomid, AIH & pregnyl trigger (2/4 viable follies).

Well had my 30th b'day dinner on Sat night, only 6 couples out of 14 turned up, so was bit ticked off, but in the end it was my immediate family (well those that live close) & my 2 closest friends that turned up, so was all good. 1 friend, whom has 7wk old bubby has lent me her "AngelSounds" doppler from fertilitynaturopath, the same company we bought our reliable OPK's from. Took bout 10-15mins to find h'beat, gave DH a listen, then the bugger moved, took another 10-15mins to find it, then bugger moved again & couldn't find it. Sun morning, tried for 20mins, couldn't find it, so got up & walked round a bit, then tried again 5mins later, bubby had moved into position so was able to find hb again, after bout another 10mins. Then 22wk pg girlfriend came over so we used it on her, only took few mins to find, I tried again, couldn't find it, tried again in 15mins, nearly gave up then found it but was very faint, then bugger moved again. Had to use a bit of pressure, bit less than what the sonographer used for my last u/sound. Have to give it back shortly as another girl wants to borrow it. Might price them for myself. Hb same as my 12.5wk u/s = 152bpm.

Sush - Bugger about the hb. Next time you have a dr appt, take it with you and get them to give you a lesson. I'm pretty sure that my dr pressed down fairly hard on my belly to find it as well so tell DH to stop being so woosy about it

Shell - Nah, no plaster, wouldn't be able to live if there was, would have to hacksaw it off lol! Just sprained it or something quite badly a nuymber of years back and it is a lot weaker and i always turn it and fall whenever I wear even a little heel.

Keen - Forgot, it was my 4th attempt, 1 fet (nogo) 2 babck to back stims (nogo) 1 FET (YAY)

tiggy Guest

So, do I feel like the biggest **** head or what? #-o
    I went to do some food shopping cos the midwife was coming for dinner. My friend asked me if I was feeling ok before I left, that I looked pale, the lady at the post office said I looked pale but I thought I felt ok. Anyway, did the shopping but passed out at the checkout! Found myself on my back, on the floor with lots of Woollies people hovering around me.
    They called an ambulance and I cancelled it, said I was ok and made my way home (slowly). Phoned Dave who phoned the midwife who phoned the good doctor, who phoned me and told me to get my backside into hospital and stop being so stubborn and stop acting like a midwife! Got the kids organised, waited for Dave to come home and then went in, by then I felt fine. Alittle sore in the head and a little pain in the back and front but otherwise good.
    Hospital was fine, I was fine, Ivy and Noah were fine, got a rap on the knuckles for not going in earlier and allowed to go home, so long as I promised to go back in if anything changed. So, that is my day in a nutshell, crazy, huh?

tiggy Guest

PS My fundal height has grown 4cm in a week! Do you think that is why I am getting so much pain down there?

OH Tiff ~ i am so glad your feeling better now and everythign is alright with the bundles of love i hope today is so much better for you maybe you should stay home with your feet up all day take care sweety

OMG Tiff. That is one crazy day!!!!! Is everything ok now???
    What is your fundal measurement?? Last Friday I measured 33cm at 25wks. OB explained to me that's why I am getting a lot more back pain.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast