Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss Feb 2007

Another hideously hot day here (yesterday was 40 but felt hotter and the overnight minimum was 24 so we're expecting 43 today). Just don't feel like doing anything. Made the most of an empty house this morning and tested - of course, a BFN as it's too early. I'll try to sneak another test in while I'm away, lol.

Sarah, sorry you're tooth is still bothering you. It's always worse when one lies down, isn't it. I lost a back molar and had a root canal treatment on the one next to it to save it about 8 years ago and now the one that had the root canal treatment is playing up. Can't afford to lose it as I wouldn't have any molars left on my upper right side! So I'm paying the $2000 to get it cleaned out, refilled and crowned again. It's so expensive, even with private health cover.

Bekz, you poor thing! Hope your mood improves! Shame we can't take St John's wort while we're TTCing, because it's great for mood stabilizing. *hugs*

Saltprincess, hope the wedding is better than you expect and that you get a few laughs. And that you can stay clear of your newly pg acquaintance.

Belinda, I have a feeling we'll be belly buddies again too And this time we'll both be holding our own bubs at the end!

Back to tidying!!

Hi guys it was really cool here today i had friends around for lunch so that was nice a cute little 3 week old and some older ones busy busy busy..................

Finding it hard though my friends just dont understand... On of my friends who fell pg both times by looking at her husband made the comment "i think it happened for us because we were just letting it happen when it happened no pressure" with the tone plus she has said it b4 is that i put to much stress into trying and if i relaxed it would happen WTF!!!!!! We did the let it happen when it happens for 5 mths and it didnt happen we temped for a month and fell then lost our angel baby as if im not going to find the whole thing hard to deal with....... I bet you a million bucks if it took her time to fall pg she would be stressed and worried its just that it was easy for her......

Period is shocking bleeding really heavy wearing huge pads which i never usually ever need even on my heavy days for the last two days and doesnt seem to be slowing up every time i laughed today i felt it come out YUCK sorry TMI...

Oh Jane. :hugs: Thinking of you.

Hugs Jane - People who have never been through any hardship are speaking from ignorance, so don't worry about her comments because she does not have the experience behind her to be sympathetic. Sorry that AF is so horrible for you.

I had another spotting session today. I don't know if I should count this as AF or not. I have all pre AF symptoms and (TMI warning)I filled 1/2 big panty liner on Friday and a full one today. My D and C was 12 days ago, so not sure if it is just operation stuff or AF.Anyone got any comments. BTW it is my "normal' time of the month for AF. I wonder if you can have a phantom AF.

Went to a Body Shop party today and there was a 3month old baby boy there and he picked me as his favourite for the arvo. Of all the other ladies in the house he wanted to smile and coo at me. Strangley enough I did not get upset but it re-enforced that I want another bubba sooner rather than later.

Thats nice Bekz i spent the day nursing 2 babies a 5 mth old and a 3 week old it doesnt upset at the time but then when my bf commented that i look so natural holding and settling a baby it pulled at my heart strings....

Um on the bleed not sure maybe put it as a bleed with ff as a light one, if you filled a liner then its more then a spot when i was spotting it was just that a spot or two for the day over 2 weeks then stopped and started again a week later........ Its a good thing though cos your body is getting back into gear you will have that BFP b4 you know it..

Hi Jane - If I put the bleed in FF as light it starts a new cycle, and I am not sure if it is a new cycle. I guess my temps will draw a picture over the next week or so. Thanks for input, I hope this is AF.

Some times ppl can say the smallest things to you and it cuts the deapest, especially if they are telling you what a wonderful mum you would be and it just hasn't happened for you. I really have everything crossed for you this month.

missbelinda77 I sent you an email, hope you got it and I hope to see back TTC in the not too distant future.
    mako that is terrible that your computer got stolen, and :hugs: to you, it must be hard coming when the anniversary of an angel comes up.
    janeo sorry to hear that AF arrived for you just hope she doesn't hang around for too long. As for your friend who made that comment to you about 'not stressing' she needs to be put in her place, and told to get her facts straight before she opens her mouth. Hope your bleeding eases up soon.
    kbowman I haven't been able to drink more than 1 glass of alcohol for years now, it only takes one to get me tipsy, my dh likes to call me a cheap drunk LOL I hope you manage to cope without BB next week and not being able to temp, well that would drive me nuts.
    BekZ I think I remember the nurses telling me I could get light bleeding for 2 weeks (maybe longer, wasn't really something I wanted to listen to lol) on and off, so maybe that is what it is. Do you take the vitex tablets? I have my liquid waiting, but I am going to see if I get pg without it 1st cycle, if not will start for 2nd cycle and see if that works as that was one of the things I started taking when I fell pg in december. I love body shop products, but have also started going to Lush, and I am in love with some of their products. It was great that you got to nurse a little a baby it would have been lovely.

Had a nice day today, went to Darling Harbour for lunch with DH, our 2 DS and our eldests gf, DH leaves for melbourne tomorrow for a week, I hate it when he goes away.

Well there is a huge storm raging outside atm so I think I should sign off before the power goes out.
    sarah I hope your tooth stops hurting soon, I can handle most pains, but not toothache.
    saltprincess hope the wedding went OK, despite having to see the woman who announced her pgncy, I hope you didn't really have to have much to do with her.

Hmmm. Temperature still up but BFN this morning. Maybe Wednesday...

Sounds like you had a lovely day out at Darling Harbour, Sharon! Hope the storm wasn't as destructive as the last lot that went though Sydney. Any hail?

Bekz, I didn't have a D&C but I had what felt like a normal AF at CD 17 and 12 days after the bleeding had stopped. Had a 5 day AF with a late O at CD27 on a 39 day cycle for the next one. I'll attach it to my ticker.

Jane, I know how you feel about holding babies, it feels so right too. Let it be us soon.

kbowman your chart is looking good, good luck and for your next test. The storm wasn't too destructive, a lot of rain (which is fantastic) and tons of lightning and 'house shaking' thunder, it was so cool

My temp has dipped this morning and I have ECM, so I am assuming that today is O day, which would be great since it will mean that with a bit of luck this cycle is going to be a 'normal' length for me so then I can start ttc on my next cycle.

Bekz might be a case that it is the start of a new cycle for you so maybe make sure you have noted the date on your calendar and watch your temps might be worth just putting it in... Up to you though........

Kerry too early honey im sure it will show up soon give it a few more days and it will come up chart looking really good fingers and toes are crossed for you........

Have fun tonight Sharon i hope you catch that little egg...........

Janeo dh and I won't be bd'ing tonight, 1. because he's in Melbourne for the week and 2. because my ob told us to wait until my next period before ttc again, it is just kind of nice to see me O on the same day that I have for the last 2 cycles so it gives a rough idea of when to expect AF.

Sharon - I have started to take Vitex with the Blackmores preg gold tabs. Vitex helps to regulate hormones and I am guessing mine need regulating, judging by the PMT I have atm. Good to hear your cycles maybe back to normal, this really hepls with 'planning" bding doesn't it.

Kerry - Your temps look great, but I think it may be too early as well. I would test on Wed and Friday. Good luck fingers crossed.

Jane - I am putting down spotting in FF so that the cycle continues, but I am making notes and over the next 2 wks I will have a look at my temps and see how they are behaving.

SP and Bun - How did your apointments go?

Hi everyone else.

Not much changing with me atm, just pmt, headaches, cramps and sore boobs. aarrrgh

Tomorrow is 2wks since my D and C and it seems like it happened an eternity ago.

Tonners Guest

Question

Hi all,
    I am new to this site. I lost a baby at 12 weeks on 9th Feb and am having a dilemma about ttc. I have 2 DDs already. I had a complication during the miscarriage and ended up losing 2 litres of blood so I am still quite anaemic and my GP has said to wait at least 3 months. This seems like such a long time to me though. I really feel like i am wasting precious time, and not getting any younger! What have your experiences been? I have already done the bd once without contraception but felt very nervous. I still feel quite fragile physically but emotionally I have come to terms with the miscarriage. I haven't had my AF yet and have absolutely no idea where I am in my cycle. Any advice???

Tonners

So sorry for your loss Tonners, it is a very hard time, it too lost alot of blood after my d & c and took at least 3 weeks to fill normal again... I have just had my first af since my d & c 10 weeks ago.. I got told to wait for one af then try and also was told wait 3 mths. See what your body does it will tell you.. Maybe just wait for your af and then see what happens you will fall pg when your body is ready.. I hope that helps..

Morning girls,

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

SP - how did your counselling session go? I hope you had a good time at the wedding. I also had a lot of negative stuff coming out at my counselling session and she is trying to teach me ways of dealing with the negative thoughts. It is good to be able to talk to someone impartial who understands and is there to help you. I also had a lot of stuff to say that I would feel bad admitting to a lot of people, so it was good to let it out; I hope you found it helpful too.

Tonners - welcome, sorry to hear of your loss. My experience after my m/c was everyone told me to wait different amounts of time, from not waiting to waiting 3 months, so I am not really sure what is best. I don't know if maybe the blood loss makes it more complicated - maybe they can check your iron levels until back to normal and start again then? All the best.

Jane - so sorry for your friends reaction. A lot of people just don't seem to understand and can say the most insensitive things sometimes.

Hello to everyone else, I hope you are all doing well.

Well, my counselling session on the weekend went well, hopefully it is helping. My RE appointment is on Thurs, so I am just hanging out til then to find out if anything is wrong or not. I am on CD17 today and of course haven't O'ed yet, so frustrating!!

Hi All,

Welcome Tonners and I am sorry for your loss. I have a DandC on Feb 22, and fortunately I did not loss much blood at all. Most Docs have told me to wait until AF has arrived and then TTC. You will get varrying opinions, for eg my Natural Therapist told me to go and TTC right away. If you have probs with your iron levels I would definately get this checked first, because growing babies take so much of it from you that you may end up with other problems latter on. Have you been recommended an iron supplement? I find Docs are great at telling you what is wrong but hopeless at telling you what supplements you need etc. I think once you feel better physically then I would just go for it, Good luck

Bun- Glad to hear your councelling sessions went well. Hang in there hon.

Tonners Guest

Thanks Janeo, Bun and BekZ,

I suppose the right thing to do is wait until after my first AF at least. I think I probably knew that but it's good to hear it from people who have had similar experiences. The low iron levels are definitely an issue at the moment, realistically I do need to give myself some time to recover but you know the way you just panic and think you might never get pregnant again. I was really taken by surprise by the M/C having had 2 pregnancies with no problems. I am taking iron supplements Bekz. I agree with you about doctors not always being great with telling you about supplements. I ended up in A & E with the blood loss and when I was discharged from the hospital they just told me I'd feel better in a few weeks. When I didn't I went to my GP who is great and she gave me a serious talking to about resting and taking the iron properly, apparently you need to take it half an hour before eating and take vit C with it. I started doing that last week and feel much better already. Anyway girls thanks again, I'm off for some rest!

Tonners

Tonners, I know what you mean about being taken by surprise. My first pregnancy was a breeze, we got pregnant first try (much to DH's dismay) and the pregnancy and labour were trouble free (no drugs even). Now I am facing having my second m/c. The first I did not know I was pregnant until I was miscarrying and DD was only 6months old, so we really were not prepared for it. At the time everyone told me it happened because it was too soon after having DD and I agreed. Now after TTC for 4 months and having m/c number 2 I am very apprehensive.

Like you I am keen to TTC again but my reason is a bit silly. I had a dream, in which I was told that my next healthy baby would be born on Dec 18 2007. Now for that to happen I have to conceive in March. I had this dream whilst still pregnant but I was having problems at the time and I think my subconsciene sent me this message to ease my pain. On the other hand (my practicle side) I think it might be wise to wait until AF arrives or even a couple of months. It is so hard to know what to do. Sorry to ramble

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast