Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss March 2007

Morning girls.

Sorry to keep you waiting - only just got a chance to get online! Thanks for your thoughts.

Well, I got a very faint positive this morning but I am not sure if it's going to stick. I would expect the line to be a bit darker by now, and it took the full 5 mins to come up. I think I am 13DPO today, although that could be out by a couple of days as I was not temping, I am only going by what my RE said when he did the scan. With my other pgs, I got faint positives on 11 and 12DPO and on much less senstitive tests than the LC ones, so I am really not feeling very positive at all.

I really don't know what to do now. I don't want to make a dr appointment, because it is so early and I am convinced that I will get AF still, but if I don't make an appointment for tomorrow, I can't go for 2 wks as I am away next weekend and can't get there during the week.

I think I will try to just ignore it and not be surprised if AF arrives. Also, I started getting symptoms on Monday, so if this one was going to make it, surely the HCG would be higher by now and would be showing darker on a test, so I think it will probably be a chemical.

Sorry for such a selfish post guys, I hope you are all doing well.

Bun xx

Louise - Sounds like a congrates is in order!!!!. CONGRATES.

Just wanted to add an extra point on the OPK's discussion. I was told not to use first morning urine and that the best times to test were between 10am and 8pm at night. Also do not test after a coffee or big meal. I always tested at 10am just before my morning tea coffee.

Bun - How you doing?????

Shan - You have heaps of great information to share with us. Thanks v much.

SP- Regarding your OB. Are you happy with him? If so I would go back to him and make sure he is well aware of what happened to you and maybe you should suggest that they make more of an effort in patient care on the administration side (spoken like a true office manager)!!!!.

Herbie - Welcome. Sorry to hear of your loss.

To my surprise FF has told me that I O'd and I have got a coverline, and I thought AF was coming. Good old charting, it helps to solve the mistery of our what our bodies are doing. Here is what I think happened to me so far since my D and C. 2wks after D and C I got AF type symptoms and 3 days of light flow ( which I thought was post op spotting). I recorded this as spotting on FF because I was not sure that I was starting a new cycle or not. Now I am convinced that the spotting was a mild AF, if so that means I have Oed on day 18 which is normal for me and I should expect AF in around 9 days. I thought AF was on her way last weekend because I had some pretty intense cramping (mostly on the left ovary side, which I never get). Now I am thinking that this was O pain.

Sorry to crap on, but I wanted to write this done so some of us could compare notes.

Bun - I understand you apprehension hon. Hang in there and I am sure all will be ok. Don't worry about how strong the line is on the test. With DD I only got a faint line on CD14 and CD15 and she stuck just fine. My SIL only ever gets very faint lines and so far after 2 m/c her next 2 have stuck. I would rec you go to doc and order hCG level tests just to ensure the levels are rising. Maybe wait till Monday so that you can get your head around it.

For now hugs and a very small congrates ( I will give you a big loud congrates when you offically confirm).

Oh Bun...i soooo hope this is it for you. Sometimes it takes a while for your HCG levels to climb. I know of a few girls on here who had really low levels up to at least 7 or 8 weeks, and one of those girls is not far off having her bubba. Take each day as it comes and maybe a few days before you go away, go and see your Dr and see what they say.... sending you tiny tiny congratuations...xxxxxxxx

janeo don't blame you on not wanting to BD for 4 days in a row, 2 days in a row is enough for me and DH
    jenjams i have to have my pap smears yearly because of some "A typical cells" that where found about 8 years ago and I also have an aunt who had cervical cancer and it was found too late so I don't really mind going to the Dr's and 'smiling' nicely My brother is a christmas baby too, 23rd December and I just decided long ago that if I did have a baby born really close to xmas (a week either side) then family would celebrate on their actual birthday but would give them a birthday party with their friends about 3 months later.
    shanthanks for that info i have left it at spotting as I really don't think it was AF, even though I usually have fairly light AF that will last for a maximum of 2-3 days, will just have to keep an eye on my chart I suppose and see what it does next.
    saltprincess I know what you mean about sticking with the same Ob because of your history and you don't have to decide now anyway. Has AF shown up for you yet? I have now stopped spotting.
    missbelinda nice to see you, I too have to have pap smears every year and have got to the stage where they really don't bother me at all anymore.
    Leyla hope your weird symptoms turn out to be something +ve for you.
    kitten2b I would say that you are pregnant love so all you need to do now is go and get it confirmed with your gp, just read on further and congratulations.
    Bun congrats on your 'faint' bfp I have everyting and ing that this is a sticky one.

Hello to anyone I may have forgotten and hope you all have a great day.

As for me, I just have absolutely no idea at what my body is doing, spotting has gone completely, and I have NEVER EVER had mid cycle spotting, so who knows, I obviously got my hopes up thinking that this cycle was going to be a normal cycle, yeah, right, who was I kidding, should have known it wasn't going to be that simple! fell free to check out my chart, my temps are now all fairly low, but still above coverline (just), now i'm rambling so I will just go LOL

I Sharon, were can I look at your chart? I only seem to be able to bring up the FF ticker.

Leyla still np coverline but pretty sure i oed Wed maybe yesterday so in TWW!!!! Ohhh on the symptoms that promising and yes sounds like you might have missed the surge i never got a +ve one and did one the arvo b4 i got a coverline on FF so i dont really trust them but others do....

Louise it also sounds good on your front i get a dry scalp and arms and legs and im getting that way at the moment im pretty sure i got it after i oed last time so prety excited here....

BUN YAY for you too whoa mass +VE tests here.... I have everything crossed for you matey.. And on not being very strong mine was faint when i did a early evening test and even lighter when i did one the next morning with FMU at that was at 15dpo and 16dpo........

And hi to everyone else only had time for a quick read on break and should be doing work hehehe...

As i have said i think i have oed so just waiting for coverline.. I had a restless sleep last night awake alot so cant really trust temp but oh well it went up thats all that matters LOL.. Im pretty sure the month i fell pg i had a restless night either the night i oed or the next so fingers crossed...

GATE CRASHER ALERT!!!!!!

better get in here and start my wagon rolling again.
    Bun- my levels were low but i was 6 week pg, it doesnt matter in the early stages so the doc I saw told me. Ive got my fingers and everyting crossed for you.
    Im coming in here cause, well Jed and I just lost out twins early this week. Willo and Sunni weren't planned but still, doesnt make it easier really does it. We are looking at TTC in October and in the mean time, I would really love to get in tune with my body - eg when I ov etc and try to get pass these feelings of guilt I have of thinking about TTC by october (if that makes sence).
    How have you guys delt with the situations you have been in?
    thanks
    xxmaz

Maz - Nice to have you in here darling. You're definately in the right place. I think everyone deals with it differently. Mine was 3 years ago, and i'm still dealing with it, but i think that stems down to the fact that i haven't had a pg since, and i don't have any other children. In my mind, that could have been my only chance. Part of this is why i'm on a break and losing weight, to see if that is the cause of my 'unexplained infertility'. I have good days and bad days, the only difference now compared to when i had my m/c is that the good days now outweigh the bad days. But as i said, everyone reacts differently and i hear you on feeling guilty....i feel that every single day and i don't think it will stop until i actually can hold a little bubba of my very own in my arms.....xxxxxx

Sharon - Do you think that your spotting could have been implantation? or a breakthrough bleed?....have you done any HPT's to see if you are pg?...i hope so..xxxx

SP - Seems like your cycles are coming back into line. I remember that you were always just ahead of me. If my cycle does what I think it will then AF will be due just about the right time of the month for me. I hope AF turns up for you very very soon.

Next time you go to your OB I would tell him to his face. You don't need to be confrontational, just say in a nice tone some thing like this: I was really happy with your care however I did receive a call after I had lost our baby to remind me of an apt. This really upset me, and could you ask your staff to be more diligent in the future. I would not write a letter, because this is very strong and you may get the staff offside and they may not treat you very well. Especially if you need emergency apts. Also if your OB has an offsider like a nurse I would meantion it to him/her as well. Hope this helps.

Jane - I really hope you Oed and got the eggy.

Maz - so sorry to hear about your loss. Welcome, you will find loads of support here. All the girls are so lovely and supportive!

Bun tentative congrats on the faint line. I hope that your HGC levels continue to rise. Ive heard that with some people the line never really appears dark, even though their levels are good, so I would go and get them checked to put your mind at rest.

Louise Sounds like congratulations are in order! 4 tests giving you a + has to mean good things!

Shan I am getting a line on the OPKs about a hour later, which I know is way too late to call a line. I am a little confused as I have used the OPKs once before and definitely got a line. Maybe my surge is at a different time of day this month? Being obsessive I have been charting temps and taking note of my CM. When I go into FF and took out the OPK results it gave me a cover line. Do you think that I should just disregard the OPK results for this month?

Janeo - I hope that you did O! It would mean that we are pretty much in line. FF is now saying that I O'd on Tuesday? Hope you caught the eggie!

BekZ Congrats on Oing. Any chance that you could be getting a BFP? Or were you playing it safe this month. Anyhow, glad your cycle seems to be getting back to normal.

With the nausea thing, I went to the Dr and she said I might have Gastritis (?) or possibly some sort of peptic ulcer. I have to wait it out for a few more days and see if the vomiting stops. Hopefully all will return to normal soon. I think I am a a little young to be getting ulcers! She knows I am TTC so has been really careful to only give me stuff that is ok to use while pregnant.

Anyhow lovely people, take care! It's a stinnking hot day here in Melbourne, i thought it was supposed to be autumn already!

Leyla
    xxx

here's the link, but if you click on my ticker it should have taken you to my chart???

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/OurTTC3Chart

Thanks for all your kind words, guys. Oh, I hope so very much that this works out. I haven't even told DH about the positive test yet - I really don't see the point. He will just say "Oh well, we'll see what happens" and that will be it.

Maz - welcome and sorry to hear about your loss.

BekZ - yay on Oing!! Charting really is great to let you know what is going on.

Shan - thanks for the tiny tiny congrats!

Kitten2b - definitely sounds positive to me! Congrats and

Janeo - hope you get a coverline soon - don't you love it when that line appears?! It sounds pretty positive. I really hope there will be a BFP for you this month!

Leyla - I hope you feel better soon. You certainly don't want to get an ulcer!

SP - I am still not sure what to do and I can't get through to DH. I am trying to just ignore it for the time being, as it is really really early, and hope for the best. I will keep doing HPTs and maybe wait 2 weeks to see my dr. I still have all the symptoms, but I can't trust that - with both my m/cs, I still had symptoms even after m/cing, the sore boobs hung around for days afterwards, so I really get no warning of what may be happening.

It would be so nice to get a BFP and be happy and excited like most people are, rather than just scared and apprehensive like I have to be now. Oh well, if I am pg, I am only 3w 6d, and that is sooooo early, and I could possibly have O'ed one to days later than I thought, so I could actually be even less pg.

Oh Bun hang in there, I should only be about 4 weeks as well, thus why the lines I think are really faint, with maria I didn't get a great line until 6 weeks. My DH is being very sit on the fence as well, I think he is trying to not me get my hopes up too high, which is his way of not wanting me to get hurt again.

Bun -sweety please dont read too much into the 'colour' of the line - i know its hard not too but remember you could have O'd at any time - so while you think you may be 13dpo - you might only be 10dpo. With this pg - i didnt look into any of that and I declined to have my hcg levels monitored. I just prayed and talked to the 'lil one' to convince it to hang around.

Try not to stress hun,, adn see if you can get an early scan to help put your mind at rest.

sending you heaps and heaps of

Lisa

Hi Maz,

I read your other post in the other thread and my heart went out to you. Welcome and I am sure you'll have heaps of great convos in here, the girls are all very lovely.

I am "getting in tune" at the moment Maz. My first m/c was a surprise and I really did not feel overly upset about losing it becasue I had a newborn and it just wasn't the right time for us, however, I did get really upset about it a few months later. The last m/c was more upsetting because the pregnancy was planned. In saying this as soon as I got pregnant I started to have second thoughts about how I would cope with 2 under 2. Now I feel like I really need to lose some weight (5kgs), do some strength excercise (back and pelvic floor) and just chill from the stress of actively TTC. So now I am temping (I find this so useful even when not TTC), exercising (walking), watching what I eat and just relaxing for the next few months. We will actively ttc in June, but if things happen in the meantime so be it.

Leyla - If you have got a coverline on FF, then i'd go with that, coz you may have missed the surge on the OPK's. See how you go, and i hope you caught that eggie!!!

Bun - my pleasure....and remember too, that a HPT picks up any HCG in your system, NOT the amount, so the darker the line does not necessarily mean a stickier emby. When i got pg, my line came up straight away, dark as dark, and we all know what happened there....best bet would be a b/t....but i know it's a sticky bub anyway...

Leyla - Not much chance of BFP. Not really trying this month, just temping to see what my cycle is doing. Hope you feel better soon or your nausea is a bfp.

Sharon - I think that spotting you had may have been AF. Your chart up until DPO 13 is the same as your other cycles and now your temps are low. Just see what happens in the next week or two. I tried your link and only got your ticker. It could be my computer not bringing up the link properly.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast