Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ September 2010

glenglen....i agree. go to the hospital and demand an ultrasound. the only way u will bed able to tell is if u have a scan...i know my ob i had only seen him once and he said never go to emergency to always call him....so i think it depends. u dont want to sit there stressing till ur next app babe. i think u should go and get things checked and let us know...thinking of u.

Possum........well i keep feeling wet and keep checking but no af yet...think im due mond or tue but i think i might have ovulated late as well.....im crossing everything i have at the moment

garfield13......course u can......and welcome....this is my second mth after miscarriage and af is due tom or tue....so im playing the waiting game

forshelby.....yeah i had quiet bad headaches but eventually they went away. I would probably speak to ur ob about anything stronger...but if u really cant stand the headaches its better taking something

Melster - Yeah, it's not that they're so bad.... just wearing me down having one every day. I'll ask my GP at my next visit in a week's time. I suppose you're right it's better to take a couple of pandol every day than to stress out with a headache. Surely that would affect bub more.

starr84 - welcome and i'm so sorry for your loss. it's great on here. it keeps me sane. GL for this month

possummagic - thanks and yes i guess i just have to "wait and see".

garfield - welcome and hope your luck turns around very soon. FX for you.

forshelby - i've decided to call my GP or OB tomorrow (which one should i call??) after i see what happens tonight (it being sunday and all). nothing seems to be happening, no bleeding, no cramping... all very confusing... just that one big clot this morning. i'm thinking maybe it was just a scare (same as last week... hope this doesn't happen every week?!?!) but then i tell myself off for getting my hopes up.... agh so annoying.... i figure i can get a BT or a scan done in the next few days and see what's up. i POAS this arvo and the line was as quick/dark as it was 5 days ago... not sure if that means anything. i really hope everything is ok. FX for my little one.

melster - thanks i think i'll call my OB even though i've never met him. my GP copied him into my recent BT results so at least he'll have them to compare any future BT's to... will let you know how i go and thanks ladies.

forshelby...yeah thats what i have heard before in regards to medicine....and having a headahce everyday would start to get very stressful. my girlfriend gets them everyday for years, ever since she was young. i have seen her in so much pain it get unbearable for her. for her though during pregnancy they get better. yeah just speak to ur dr. i mean no medicine is probably that good for a baby. but there is defiantly ones like panadol that are a bit better.

Glenglen....yeah i would, if he is anything like mine he will help you or advise u what to do.....

Me.........well im sitting here feeling every pain and bump and niggle swearing its af.........i dont know how convincing myself its coming gonna help me..im still going to be gutted....its just i know sometimes u can feel ur af is coming but it never does like with my daughter......i dont have that bloated feeling like with the other pregnancy so maybe im not....

Its horrible enough that we need to go through miscarriages but then not being able to concieve straight away is another heartbreak.....its doin my head in at the mo

Melster - sweetie - big hugs - I so know where you're at right now... hoping it's not AF...

Glen Glen - I am sorry for the bleed/clot. It is just the scariest. Did you call the obs? ( sorry if I missed that post). Big hugs coming your way.

Forshelby - sorry about the headaches sis. I used to get them, real skull crackers at times, but I just made sure I was taking my vitamins, drinking lots of fluid and resting. Even on days where I swear I couldn't see straight, me being a stubborn old mule, wouldn't take a headache tablet. DUH. Not really sure what that was about... you'll do what you think is right. There is no need to go through pain unncessarily but even if you're not preg the labels say check with your Dr if you need to take it longer term - have you thought about accupuncture or essential oils or massage? In addition to oesteo or physio or chiro?

Garfield - I am sorry for your loss and hope that your stay in the TTC thread is brief before you get your BFP.

Starr84 - I am sorry for your tough journey, and hope you don't have to ride the TTC rollercoaster for too long. I don't know much about DVT or clexane ( except that you get some wicked bruising if it's injected and also that heparin can also be used, I can't remember the difference between them although it was explained to me at some stage). It was suspected that I might have a clotting disorder and clexane was the remedy recommended but in the end I didn't need it. There's a book called "To Full Term" about a woman's ( Darci Klein) journey through pregnancy after loss and she had to have clexaine or heparin injections. It's a very inspiring and at times confronting read. I often use it as inspiration.

Mathew's Mum - good luck with your month off - hopefully the other therapies and the break rejuvenate your soul and body ready for a big bfp next cycle.... hugs.

Clairesmuumy - how's your head?

Hello to everyone else... I hope you are going well in your journey's to achieve your dreams. I am so close now, it's simply unbelieveable. I am still scared witless of more heartache, but am in a good place today.

Glenglen - A HPT should still show positive whether you're mcing or not so sadly that isn't of much use right now. I would call whichever of your medical people (GP or OB) who is the easiest to get a hold of. If not, call both. Try to relax tonight, and keep your feet slightly elevated (above your hip level) and keep your fingers crossed. Let me know what happens after you speak to your drs tomorrow. FX hun!

Melster - Yeah it's a tough situation. I don't want to take too much or even any painkillers... but I also don't want to have a headache every day. It's really horrible, and I am prone to headaches and migraines, so I've definitely had enough of them in my lifetime. FX af stays away for a long long time and you're utd this cycle! When are you testing and when is af due??

Dory - I've tried essential oils before.... never made enough of a difference to help and right now strong smells aren't so good! Massage seems to help, as well as cold compresses. I hadn't considered a chiro though..... interesting idea. I did visit one when i was a little girl because of a badly pinched nerve in my neck. Perhaps it's something to do with that?? I don't remember having a headache too but i was only 5. Maybe you're onto something! As for accupuncture, um.. no thanks, I don't like needles.. LOL. Just freaks me out the whole idea of it. Any action yet? I mean baby action, not ah.... other action LOL. You are very close. It's just wonderful to see you come so far. I really feel like all will be well, and all you need to do is keep your eyes on the prize. Don't ask me how though, I'm not that clever. Are you definitely having a cs? (sorry if I should know this one.. I'm struggling to think today) if not, do you have any coping strategies in place for labour? Just interested to know. I'm so excited for you hun, really I can't wait.

Clairesmummy - I hope you enjoyed your weekend away

AFM - Felt a definite baby thump earlier... it was amazing. Actually stopped me in my tracks because it was so obvious and well, obvious! I've got a thump in my bump! lol.. sorry I had to make up a stupid rhyme to go with it. Anyway, it was great to feel something and be sure it was bubs, and not a potential er... expulsion of accululated air.

forshelby - yay on feeling a thump or bump in ur belly...mine has popped well i reckon it has and this arvo my pants were a tad tight to do up

glenglen - thinking of you sweety, hopefully tomorrow you will get that scan and get some answers xoxoxox

dory - oh my so close to your EDD, can't wait to hear your birth announcement

melstar - here's hoping AF stays away, rest up

clairesmummy - i hope you had a lovely weekend away

to all the newbies, welcome and sorry to see you join us but we are a lovely bunch of girls and a bit nutty

Hi to everyone else I have missed, sorry need to get back to finish my presentation for uni and I am buggered as. Also told my parents today while they were here doing electrical work (well my dad was, they bought my nieces down for a play with Luke as well)

Iona - Oh exciting that you could share your pg news with your parents. Yay! And about the pants, mine have been consistently undone since about week 9. Pants that do up are a thing of the past lol. Good to hear you're well, albeit buggered though. Are you in my bellybuddies group?

forshelby - no i'm in the 16th-30th march group....but maybe i'll do a drop in and keep track of you in there hehehe

Forshelby - Gratz on your thump :P. also when you go to the doctors next just tell them about the headaches and where they are situated as sometimes headaches in the back of the head could be about blood pressue.

glenglen - sending you lots of good luck and sticky vibes i hope everything works out for you.

I was sort of hoping to come across someone in my position about the DVT's. I was taking warfarin which is dangerous for a baby and it takes about 6 months to completely come out of your system, so im very happy a doctor has let me go onto clexane at this stage. Yes they give you lots of bruises, some really hurt sometimes, if i do fall pregnant i will be going back to my doctor to ask him to show me how to inject them into my legs rather then my stomach.

Have been pretty crampy yesterday and today but af isnt due for over a week yet unsure whata up but hopefully it passes soon, many thanks for the warm welcomes.

Morning ladies...

Well i am offically 1 day late but it could come today or tomorrow, as my period was a bit funny, i spotted for about 4 days and then it started lightly and then went heavier....im not testing though until Wednesday or thursday...because i have learnt my lession and tested a few days ago and it was BFN....plus there is a chance that i ovulated late..............im crossing everything i have at the moment that AF doesnt come and im analising every pain and going to the toilet 100 times checking..

Iona - Oh dang! I might have to do the same hehehe.

Starr - I will definitely mention it to the dr when I go next week. I hope the crampiness is implantation and not pre-af!

Melster - Ooh exciting....

AFM - I have another bloody headache this morning so I'm sulking on the couch with the puppy dog. He's really good at sulking so I'm following his lead. If only I could get my legs over my head like he does to cover his eyes... haha.

melster - they say that every pregnancy feels different so you never know... FX for you. the next day or two will be torture waiting i know!!
    forshelby - yah for bump thumping !!! LOL how exciting !!!
    starr84, ionamacca, dory - thanks for your "sticky" vibes...

AFM - i spoke to my OB this morning (first time ever) and he was reassuring. he said that at 5w4d it's probably too early to hear a heartbeat so a scan might just make me worry more. he also said blood tests have such a wide range that they might give false hope but don't really tell anything. he pointed out that it's my previous MC that's making me worry (not the actual bleeding) which i agreed with. I felt like if i pushed him that i could have got a scan or BT's but i actually agree with him, and will wait for my monday US next week. he also said that if i still "felt pregnant" and had symptoms (ie. sore bbs) then i should hang on to positive thoughts and ride with it! i asked him about the clot and he said it could mean anything... he said he knew of a midwive who was convinced she was miscarrying but in fact wasn't so he said it's not an exact science.

I'm feeling much less stressed than i was on sunday and happy (sort of) to wait until my US booked on Monday.

thanks for all your kind words ladies, love you all

forshelby - off to find ur belly buddies group hehehe

glenglen - here's hoping that the next 7 days fly for you so that you can see ur lil bubba and a hb

melstar - keeping everything crossed for u that this cycle is the one

starr84 - here's hoping that it s implantation cramping

Glenglen - Glad you're feeling a little better. Good luck for your scan on Monday. Also... I'm a bit confused though why your OB would tell you BT's don't tell you much. Ok, one won't tell you anything, but 2 repeated a couple of days apart will most definitely tell you if your hcg is increasing or decreasing. I wonder why he didn't offer that to you. Hang in there sweetie, are your symptoms still there??

Forshelby....You poor darl with you're headaches

Glenglen...im glad you rang and spoke to you're ob!!! he sounds like a good one at least.....as long as you feel a little better then thats all that matters...and yes it would be too early to see heart beat....hopefully next week comes around quickly so you can get some answers..

Iona...thanks

AFM...........well im slowely sending myself crazy with every hour...god im so impatient....i wish AF would come if she is coming or find out if im pregnant..my head keeps saying, yes i am, no im not, yes i am, no im not, yes i am......LOL LOL....i just cant concentrate.............

Im getting what feels like burning, ovary pain....and i have had it for the last week or so...it feels like AF sometimes...but not really...anyone had this then found out they were pregnant??? i keep checking and no AF yet...

iona macca - thanks i'm feeling quite patient/relaxed at the moment... which is very weird as i'm the most impatient person in the world and almost DIED during the 2WW.

forshelby - hmmm not sure about my OB but am OK to wait until Monday. i'm really fixated on seeing the baby and hearing a heartbeat. i will feel so happy once that happens. i read that once you've heard a strong heartbeat at 6weeks+ then the rate of miscarriage is under 5% so i'm just waiting for that... i still have really sore Bbs and my skin has broken out in pimples (could be all the cookies i ate though LOL) and i feel positive (if that counts for anything??).

clairesmummy - how was your weekend? did AF visit??

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast