Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Two week wait support #3

Hey hj - am coming up to 'o' any day now, so I'll be joining you in the TWW in a few days. DH and I are going to try saving the BD'ing as close as possible to 'o' this time around - trying to go for the 'minimalist' approach because both DH & I are tired of the whole palaver that we have put ourselves through each month. I've worked out though, the two months that I have fallen pg (first m/c and then the chem pg) were both months where we didn't BD leading up to 'o', but only BD'd on day of 'o' - may be this is saying something about DH's little swimmers...but I'm trying not to impart any concern about this onto him at this stage - we'll give it a go for a few more months before going for tests. Am off to DFO to start the chrissy shopping. Have a good day at work (try to!).

Kaib - i know what you mean by taking the minimalist approach - it does get a bit tireing dosent it!
    and you try not to take the romance out of it!
    I think my prob with the MC - may be progesterone issues - but im trying not to self diagnose like everyone tells me not too! however im seeing FS on 4th December!
    your waiting a few mths before doing tests? i wish i could wait and not stress about it - but i just want answers now!
    Which DFO are you going to?

Kaib - goodluck with the TTC around O time - just dont think about - relax and have a good time

Hi ladies,

I'm in the TWW, 6 or 7 DPO now. All I have to say is that I am over it!!

haha i hear you Susannah! its a loooong TWW

Well I am out of the race. AF turned up tonight, a few days early. But I'd rather early than late.

Good luck to everyone else in the TWW!!!

Hiya hj - hope your day at work yesterday went fast. I went to DFO near airport - ironicially I didn't buy anything that was on the christmas list, but managed to pick up a few treats for myself (yay!). It was pretty busy though!

You know, I think my issue may be progesterone def as well. My decision to hold off on seeking tests for a few more months is a hard one, and I'm surprised that I feel so at peace about waiting. I've got a lot going on at work over the next two months, and with christmas in the middle, I just figure that I want to try to manage what I've got in front of me as best as I can. I have all of Feb off for some leave, so my plan is to start seeking tests if some time off doesn't help with TTC. I am onto my second round of acupuncture this cycle, so I'm also hoping that a natural approach may help. However, I've stopped all the natural supplements that the naturopath put me on, including the vitex, as my cycles are so inconsistent that I really just want to try to establish what is 'normal' for me, even though it may not be 'normal' in the true sense. Am still waiting for the positive OPK, so still not in the TWW officially. Will join you in a few days! I hope you get a resolution of some sort this week when you go to FS to start the tests - what makes you suspect that you may have a prog def? Is it because of the 2 miscarriages you've had, or have you noticed that you've got short luteal phases? Let us know how you go after your visit to FS, as I'd be interested to hear what they start testing for given your experience is very similar to mine.

MissBelinda - sorry that AF came around again - I agree with you, it's good when she shows up earlier rather than later as it "puts us out of our misery"!!! Although for me, I get really strong PMS so I am usually a misery bags when AF shows up anyway! Go treat yourself for a week or so now!

Sorry to hear AF has arrived, Belinda. I think I'll be out by the end of today, too.

Belinda, I'm sorry to hear AF arrived

Kerry - hi, good to "see" you, hope you are doing well

kaib and hj - I just thought I'd mention that I seem to have progesterone issues and am currently taking Clomid for that reason. I don't seem to have prog deficiency as such, but probably have a LPD and my prog doesn't seem to stay high for long enough after I O. Anyway, after my early loss (and I may have actually had another one as well) I saw my ob and had a whole lot of tests done - hormones etc. - and the CD21 prog level came back lower than it should have been. So he suggested Clomid as the low prog indicates that I am probably not ovulating "properly" whatever that means?? In any case, I started on Clomid in July and fell pg 1st cycle, but miscarried at 12 weeks for an unknown reason (most likely age related - I am 37) but not related to Clomid. I don't know that my story is a particularly encouraging one, but I am in my 1st cycle of Clomid since the m/c and still feeling really hopeful that it will happen soon - my ob tells me I have an 80% chance of a healthy preg next time around. I guess what I am trying to say is that if you have a prog problem, it can be treated once you know about it. HTH anyway.

Thanks girls for your words of support

Hello Everyone!
    Just thought i would let you all know that i went and saw FS yesterday - he was very helpful and nice! he seems to think that the reason for all my MC may be low progesterone - so i have to start charting my cycle and go throught a series of BT throughout it!
    So fingers crossed that is all it is!
    Now i just have to wait until i fall PG again - which wont be this mth - i know its early but i did a test this morning and got a BFN - however i tested early last time and got a BFN and a few days later got a BFP so i guess there is a slight .00001% chance that i may be! haha

Hi ladies. Just popping in to drop some around.

Kaib - you may have made a wise decision dropping the Vitex. I've got further than ever before with this pregnancy and the only difference is that I'd stopped taking Vitex. I've read that some people think it could be linked with early miscarriage.

Well, hopefully I'll be starting the offical TWW tomorrow, I just feel like today was O day for me, so here's hoping I caught that eggy, just like all you lovely ladies did too!

Hi all!

hj - great to hear about the positive outcome from your visit with FS...have replied in greater length in different thread.

megsmum - thanks so much for sharing your experience with us - I'm sorry that you too have had to go through so much to achieve your dream of falling pg. It's encouraging to hear that once a LPD or low prog is identified, it's fairly easy to treat. I still have my suspicions that low prog is what's going on for me, as did hj. There's some debate from a medical point of view whether a chemical pg is considered a "miscarriage" - I've had an OB (friend) tell me they would consider it a miscarriage, but a GP tell me that they wouldn't. So it's a matter of debate around numbers with the doctors for me - i.e. whether I have had one or 2 miscarriages, and then whether I should go for further testing at this stage, or wait for another loss. That's a lot of the reason why I've decided to wait until Feb to seek (or shall I say demand) further tests, because that will give me a few more months to see what's happening with my cycles. But again, thanks for sharing your experience and encouraging us to 'hang in there'.

LJ - I will possibly be joining you in the TWW in the next day or so. Am waiting for FF to confirm my ov day - I seem to think it was today, but that makes it an even later ov day for me this cycle; temps are all over the place, so it'll take a couple of days to confirm a temp shift. "See you" soon.

Satya - great to hear from you and to see that you're doing so well. Thanks for the reminder about your experience with vitex - I just don't feel comfortable taking it, particularly given I had the chem preg the month I started taking it (coincidental I know). But my cycles are so screwy at the moment that I want to be able to go to the doctor in a couple of months time to show them what's going on - but I don't want to give the doctors any reason to blame my screwy cycles on the vitex and then have them fob me off for another few months! Hope you are enjoying pregnancy - have you told family yet, or are you waiting until the 12 week mark?
    Last edited by kaib; December 5th, 2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: added a bit

kaib - I'm getting really weird cramping and that's what I'm used to getting around now (also helps that I'm getting alot of watery and EWCM) so I can't wait to one more time and hope that I O today and that I'll be UTD this time!

Kaib - thanks - i will read your reply in other thread - how you going?

LJ - will be good to have u join us! and hopefully for u it will end with a

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast