Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Late Loss/ Recurrent Miscarriage/ Stillbirth after 1st trimester ~ Dec 2006

kirsty Guest

Default TTC after Late Loss/ Recurrent Miscarriage/ Stillbirth after 1st trimester ~ Dec 2006

Trying to Conceive after Late Loss/Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth

If you have found yourself in this forum you no doubt have had a painful journey. TTC after recurrent miscarriage/stillbirth or Late Loss takes special courage and support. The aim of this forum is to provide a place where women who have endured loss can share their stories, friendships, treatments and triumphs!

My greatest wish is that you all leave this forum with nice big fat positives in the shortest possible time!!!

If at any time you'd like to make a suggestion, complaint or provide any feedback for this forum, please contact one of your following moderators

Flowerchild ~ [email protected]
    Kirsty ~ [email protected]
    Tiggy - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected] Admin

or alternately you may contact Kelly at [email protected] (however she may take a little longer to respond at times!).

We appreciate all your feedback as it does help to make our forums a much happier, relaxed place to chat! We will always take your comments seriously - all comments are treated confidentially...

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.
    Last edited by Astrolady; December 21st, 2006 at 11:09 AM.

kirsty Guest

Hiya lovely ladies last thread is here

Mel,
    OPK"s can be difficult. I had real difficulty when I first began using them.
    Some women get a second line just prior to the LH surge which is darker than any line before. When this happens you should test again 6 hours later. Very often you will get a positive or almost positive. YOu will then see the line fade to nothing again (or a very feint second line).

A very dark almost as dark as the control I would take as a positive and get to work!

The LH surge is detectable for some women for 24hours. I am lucky to catch a really truly positive one. ( I do on clomid but that is to be expected as by rights the LH surge should be stronger on clomid). I can test at 2pm and it's almost positive and then by 8pm it's feinter again. I think there are many women with experiences with opk's like mine.

This doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your body it's just how detectable the surge is in your urine. I drink a lot of water and herbal teas so this would contribute due to a less concentrated sample.
    It would also be a factor when the surge happens. For example if the surge began at say 11pm yesterday by 2pm today the line on the stick wouldn't be as positive as it may be at 10am today... Do you follow or have I lost you???

Anyway, OPK's are extremely efficient when you get them right. Getting them right may mean testing at intervals throughout the day around the time you start to see a darkening line. This would only be for a couple of days each month...
    I would urge you to not give up on them as they are a handy little tool once we get them right! I hope that helps...
    Many obs suggest you test in the morning - however the manufacturers say between 10am and 10pm is best... With the optimal time being 2pm.

Yeah I think I understand. Maybe I didn't stuff it up then. I tested I think maybe mid afternoon or so and got the faint-but-not-too-faint line and then didn't test again until late afternoon the next day cause we went snorkelling during the day. So, maybe the lines would have gotten darker had I continued to test throughout that day. We did continue to bd for the next few nights after that anyway so surely we got it right. I guess it is like Spring and I were discussing, just cause you do it at the right time doesnt necessarily mean you will "get it right". Guess we will have to keep trying next o-cycle - gee, DH will be so upset

Thanks heaps for your help Deb, I will definitely continue to use them

No problem Mel - I hear so many women think they have missed the boat when perhaps they just are not one of those lucky women that get a true positive one day and off you go!

You are so right,,, JUst becasue you get the timing right doesn't mean that you will get "lucky" that cycle. It's a long and diffiuclt journey for the sperm to meet that egg. However, isolating your ovulation time and getting jiggy with it then optimises the opportunity.
    One of the reasons cited for women not conceiving within 6 months of ttc is that sexual intercourse wasn't frequent enough and wasn't timed correctly. Charting can tell you after the fact when you ovulated but can be varied due to shift work, broken sleep, illness etc. OPK's once you can get them right (it took me a few months for my body) will be very accurate.
    So, we can all strike those two off our list!!!!
    Nighty night

Wow Mel and Flowerchild, I am having major brain drain with all this talk of OPK, I am thinking of getting them this month when AF arrives (positive thinking is not my strong point) so I think when I do I am going to have to get OPK's for Dummies Book (lol) I like Mel have now become a HPT addict, I stair at those little suckers for so long just in case there is a line there that somehow I have missed. I even keep the one I have used until I do my next test so that I can compair. Totally insane I know but hey, insane is my sane at the moment.

We just had two friends over to say goodbye as we are heading to Canberra soon. We haven't seen them since we lost Harrison and the woman was so good to me, she looked a photos of our little man and asked us questions and just listen to me blurt it all out. I really realise how good my friends are. About 10 years ago she lost a baby at 12 weeks. It is only when you talk to other women about losing a baby that you realise how many women have experienced this pain.

Mel, all that talk of pancakes has me drooling. I think that if (or should I say when) AF arrives I am going to get DH to take me out to a pancake Parlour. I think I could devour one of those sweet ones you were talking about.

Anyway, I have a headache and I am exhausted after my big Deep and Meaningful so I am going to head to bed.

Sweet dreams of Christmas you wonderful, special, amazing souls

Spring Angel xxooxx

clare076 Guest

Morning girls, and what a fine morning it is!
    Why am I so happy I hear you ask, well I am definately sure I ovulated yesterday. YEAH, no more bding for at least another 4 weeks maybe even 9 months !!! lol

Deb, great help with the OPK's. Any idea if B6 can bring ovulation early? I normally don't o until CD21/23 so CD15 is heaps earlier.

Mel, those pancakes sound absolutely wonderful. I am not a sweet kind of gal (unless I am pregnant, then it's hide the chocolate) so those savoury ones sound yummy. I wonder if they have one in Perth, I live in bush so have no idea what's around but I am going to investigate.

Spring, lol at dummies book for OPK's, I am sure it wont be long until they make one, they do a dummies book for pregnancy so only a matter of time. I know what you mean about talking to other women, I find that most people don't want to talk to me about losing Max, but I find it makes me feel better not the opposite. I love talking about my little guy and showing off his footprints. I hope your headache has gone after a good night sleep.

everyone - another cool, non-sunny day in Melbourne (just what I want on a day off... not), you wouldn't believe we had mid-40's here on the weekend!

Clare - Great to hear you are so positive about ovulating. Plenty of coming your way. I am very much a "sweet" girl, but I prefer the savoury ones too actually - although would never say no to one smothered with ice-cream. I am not sure if there is one in all states. I am not sure there is one in Qld, but I know they have a place in Surfers called Pancakes in Paradise and they are just as good as Pancake Parlour. But as for Perth, I am really not sure what they have cause I haven't been there. That's sad to hear that most people don't want to talk to you about Max, do they think "sweeping it under the carpet" will make it easier on you? You should feel as free to talk about Max as you do about your little girl.

I am really bad sometimes, I have to admit if I get the feeling that someone doesn't want to talk about Nicholas I kind of keep pushing it. I will constantly bring him up just so they see that I want to talk about him. I guess it is mean of me to "make" them, but he is not some taboo subject that shouldn't be discussed, he is my son and a part of my life - always will be. And if they want to be a part of my life they will have to accept him as just that.

Spring - What would these companies do without addicts like us keeping them in business, lol. I am so glad your friend took an interest in Harrison, it's like we were saying the other day that it makes us feel proud and happy showing their photos and its so nice when people show so much interest, and obviously when people show such an interest in them it means they see them as a little person just like we do. Hope your headache is gone and you are feeling good today.

Deb - Thanks again for advice, hopefully we will all be "lucky" this/next cycle.

Well I have babbled again so I will spare you all - I am off to shops to buy my Kris Kringle, I have a big work xmas party tonight. I so don't wanna go - I have no interest in xmas this year whatsoever but everyone kept telling me I was a bah-humbug so I felt like I had to go

Have a good day girls

Mel
    Last edited by Mel1977; December 13th, 2006 at 11:11 AM.

clare076 Guest

To be totally truthful the biggest reason I am happy I ovulated is that I can stop bding. lol
    Mel, I think it makes some people uncomfortable talking about Max. It's funny I have had really in depth conversations with strangers (most of which have lost a child) and yet friends treat me like I am about to have a breakdown or something. Weird.

I just checked, no pancake parlour in Perth, but they do have a pancake place in the city so might have to do a day trip. Hopefully I wont be too disappointed. We have a pizza place near where I live that also do dessert pizza's. The owner won an international award for his mudcake pizza, I haven't tried it yet cos he is always so busy, and god knows how many weight watcher points that would be.

Have a lovely time shopping

Clare, that's exciting! I reckon I will have ovulated by tonight so you and I will be able to jump ship together if our planets are aligned!!!!! My opk's are back to their truly negative state so I have one more night of the wild thing to go!!!!
    Let's hope we start getting some BFPs for this new thread!!!

Clare,
    RE Vitamin B6 - it is a very effective hormone regulator and is know to *normalise cycles*.
    So, this could well be why you ovulated a little earlier than normal...

Hey y'all

Well I think this month is a no goer for me I had some spotting this morning and even thought AF isn't due until Friday, I think it will be a for me. I went to the gym as soon as I saw the spotting to relax and get it all out. I know I will be sore tomorrow but I love pumping my music and running until I just can't do it any more. Working up a sweat does wonders for my stress levels, even if everything jiggles (lol). Anyway, I expect tomorrow morning that she will arrive full on. I feel dissapointed but at the same time I am just glad that my first full cycle since losing Harrison was 27/28 days so hopefully my body is back to normal.

On a good note, we just found out that we have been shortlisted for the house we want in Canberra. We have owned our last two houses (or should I say the bank owns them) and before that we only even rented with Army houses so this rental thing is new to me. I really hope we get it, apparently there were heaps of applications because the vacancy rate in Canberra is 1%. About time something went our way. I also just wanted to share something my girlfriend said last night. She is very spiritual, not religious for any conventional religion but I was talking to her about all the uncanny things that happened around Harrisons birth. Like when we were driving to the Crematorium to collect his ashes and a truck pulled up beside us called "Harry's last ride" and the fact that he was born 7 years to the day that DH and I had our first date. She explained that many spritual people believe that you begin and complete a life cycle every 7 years and that Harrisons birth wasn't only the end of that cycle but the begining of the next. I don't know why but that just made sense to me. Perhaps that is why I am not devastated about AF, because I am only at the begining of this life cycle.

Mel: I have decided that my AF treat will be some really nice chocolates. I am thinking Lindt or Club Dark which is my fav. I have been trying to be so good but what the heck, a bit of chocolate therapy is in order I think. Clare I don't even thing WW points go as high as I need (lol) I hope that your work Party tonight is ok. If you want to be bar-humbug go for it, but if you have a drink and enjoy yourself, don't feel guilty, you deserve to have a bit fun.

Clare: here here to the end of BD. I am sure my DH could pinpoint the moment I am ovulating by my urge to get jiggy with it. I think for those few days he thinks, who is this (lol) Anyway, after my AF is confirmed he can look forward to one more month at least

Flowerchild: watch out DH, one night of BD left so I have everything crossed that you get a Christmas

Anyway, I have to help DH move a heap of dirt, we have one garden bed left to do. One of those things we have been putting off but know that we will be renting our house we figured it really couldn't wait. Well Mel, I think I have out babbled you so I'd better go.

Mwah to everyone and I'll pop in later once the blisters have taken over.

Spring Angel

Hello..... is anybody out there...

Hope you are all just busy and that all is well. I am in a bit of a state at the moment because despite spotting on Wednesday, no AF as yet and a BFN this morning so go figure. She is due tomorrow but perhaps my cycle is a little our of whack. I am holding onto a tiny shread of hope though because I didn't get a BFP with the twins until I was 5 weeks. Not getting too excited though because the more excited I get, the higher there is to fall.

I have spent the afternoon walking the streets (LOL) Nothing suspicious, just found a dog and wanted to do my good deed for the day and find her owners. I managed to find them so that is a relief.

I'll pop in later to see if anyone is around.

Spring Angel

Spring, I am here but I haven't been all day. It's been a little frantic around here!
    A cow got out of the paddock next door early this morning and woke up EVERYONE!!!!! Mama Mia!!!!! We had to phone the owner and then they had to fix the fence.... So it was just a tad of an early morning for this little black duck!
    Then we had Finn's school concert where he was an eel (trust me making an eel costume requires much untapped talent!!!). Then we had hair cuts and swimming lessons and visitors and.... It was a biggy!

So in short I am here!

It could be that it's too early for a positive hpt... You know that that's what I want soooo much for it to be. Are you thinking of testing again tomorrow?

I know with my first couple of periods after my March Angel was born I spotted for a few days before on and off... This is quite a normal thing too.
    I am thinking of you

Hey Flowerchild, a cow on the run and a stray dog, sounds like we did our good deeds for today.

I am sitting here trying to imagine how one would make an eel costume, I can't wait to the day that I am making costumes for my kids but I think an eel is a little out of my grasp.

On the AF front, still no sign, I don't have the feeling that she is about to hit, like the lower back pain and abdominal cramps like I used to get, but I really don't trust my body at the moment so who knows what is going on. I did have my pre AF craving for Chocolate today, so perhaps she is just late. I will be testing tomorrow, and the next day and so on until she either arrives or I get a BFP.. Either way, I just want to know.

We are slowly going insane trying to find a house in Canberra to rent. It is so hard to get a place there that people are offering up to $50 per week more than the asking price just to get their application considered. They have rent auctions. I really don't need this stress at the moment but DH keeps reminding me one way or another it will sort out. He is so optimistic that we will get a place but I think that it is all for my benefit and that he is freaking out also. Problem is we have two dogs and no one seems to allow pets. I love my dogs so much and during a freak out today I told DH that would rather live in a tent then have to be without my dogs!!! Drama queen I know but I just needed to crack a tanty. Nevermind, worse things have definatley happened and in the scheme of life, this is nothing.

Well nighty ni to everyone, I'll give you the AF update first thing tomorrow.

Seding vibes to everyone.

Spring Angel

Spring, I am thinking of you as I am sure you would have tested by now... I pray it's good news...
    I can imagine how stressful that would be - home is important and if you don't know where that will be or how that will be it isn't at all good... However, try and trust that the right place will come along and imagine your dogs there - it will work.

Yep, the eel was no mean feat but (she blows her knuckles!) I did it! And he was the best lookin eel I have ever seen!

Back later...

kirsty Guest

I too sit here in wonder as to how you would make an eel costume but it sounds like you excelled Deb!! Well done. Hope you & DH have managed to catch that eggie that is around there somewhere atm. Fingers crossed for a great New Years announcement!!

Spring I hope you guys get something sorted with your renting a property. I'm sorry but I must have missed the conversation about it all but I gather you guys are moving there for work? I wish you all the best. And I've got my fingers crossed that you see a BFP before you see the arrival of AF.

Well for me AF arrived this morning ~ CD 29 ~ so a whole lot better than the nightmare CD 49 that was last cycle. Here's hoping it stays that way too.

YIPPEEEEEE KIrsty!
    That is GREAT.
    Did you take any supplements or did things just sort themselves out?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast