Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TTC after Stillbirth/Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after the 1st Trimester

Oh Lynn, you are the one who needs the big hug today

I am so proud of you for going into work, I know it was really hard, but you have to realise how much strength you have to take that step. It is great that they were so wonderful and understanding, and it must make you feel so loved. That is so sad that the guy at your work lost his bub. Its funny though, you would have never known that because its probably something they just dont talk about. He sounds like a really nice guy and his angel has shown him so much compassion towards others, just as our angels have shown us. Are you glad you went? Do you think it might be easier next time you go in?

On top of that you have to deal with your mum being away. Your poor mum, it would be hard having all that time to just sit and think (I think that is alot of my problem in the last week) about you and Cooper. But then with her away, I guess you also have more time to sit and think. I think it is wonderful that you have that sort of relationship with your mum that you can just have a cry with her, I tend to push my tears aside when people are around me. Unfortunately, we have many more tears to come. Between all of us girls here we could officially end the water shortage if we could save them all up!

About the movies, we are going to see Norbit tomorrow which has Eddie Murphy in it. It sounds kind of funny and I really think I need a good laugh. I have to admit there is not too much worth seeing at the moment I dont think. When do your tickets expire? I think there are few good ones due to come out in the next couple of months so it might be worth waiting. I havent seen Dreamgirls but my sister did and she said it was a musical but a really bad one, she said it was the worst movie she has seen and I always thought it was based on the Supremes and Diana Ross but she said it is not, it is a fictional movie. And worse still, my BIL was the one who actually wanted to see it and also hated it. I have heard that Miss Potter is pretty good. But on the other hand, I guess its a matter of opinion because a couple of people had recommended Notes on a Scandal but my mum, DH and I all thought it was crap. I know there is a Simpsons movie coming out soon, I love the Simpsons.

I really hope you feel a little better after having a cry with your mum and that your day improves, just know that I sending some anti-Kleenex vibes your way :hugs:
    Last edited by Mel1977; March 12th, 2007 at 02:56 PM.

You have made me smile - thank you :hugs: The vibes you sent me are funny and so is us saving the water crisis! I just didn't think that I could cry any more, but they just keep on coming.

I'm doing ok - just pottering around the internet, I don't feel like doing anything else.

You are right. I don't think that the guy at work would have told me had lost a bub if I hadn't. He has 4 kids now with the youngest being 1 (I think). He said that he lost his bub between his first and second earth babies. I am glad that I went in. I thought I was ready but when I got there I wasn't. I guess I never would have been and like any of the things that we do for the first time, it is going to be hard. Yes I will go in again, just not sure when. 3 of the guys at work have just had babies (2 boys and 1 girl) and another girl is being induced tomorrow. Babies everywhere!!!! Just not here

Mmmmm, not sure about the movies then. I will have to see what is on. We were thinking of going this weekend.

I am glad I could help Unfortunately I think they will keep coming for along time, hopefully eventually not as often but I think there will be tears shed over our bubs for eternity.

I agree that the first of anything is hard, and partly I think its sort of like fear of the unknown. Next time you go in, whenever that may be, you probably wont be as nervous cause you know what to expect and you have already seen everyone. That is tough that a few people have had babies. It is so unfair, but I do have confidence that you will be going in there one day - although I dont know when - showing off your bub and introducing him/her as Cooper's baby bro/sis. And remember, it is march

I dont feel like doing anything but playing around on here either, and that is really bad for me cause I have LOTS of housework to do

I dont know if you like that type of movie, but I will let you know if Norbit is any good tomorrow

Yes you are right. The tears will never stop. I am confident too that I will be able to walk in there one day with my second bubba. March - the lucky month

I should really be folding the washing and doing the iron but can't be bothered at the moment. I have tennis tonight, hopefully if it doesn't rain. It seems to always rain on a Monday night.

Hope- Is the strongest pillar that protects the entire world

Mel: Nicholas's urn is just beautiful. I understand the mixed emotions that you are feeling but as you say on his website, he is home where he belongs. I hope you enjoy Norbit tomorrow. I think music and lyrics looks good. Have you seen it? Hope that you have a nice day. Oh and I am so sorry about Kenny, I know you loved him very much so don't feel guilty about calling him a freak. RIP Kenny.

Lynn: You are very brave for going back to work. You were meant to be taking Cooper with you today, but just remember that he was there with you anyway, making sure his mumma was ok. Can't wait to see you in the morning. Only 1 sleep now.

Bailey: I think a trip to Bali sounds very romantic, never mind the entourage, if they have any sense they can look after DS while you have some time Can I ask a stupid question? Is your DP (soon to be DH) a professional surfer? He seems to be surfing all the time so either he is living the dream or he does it for a living. I am thinking Patrick Swaze in Point Break.....

Dream: how is your Grandma going? I hope that everything is ok. Sending you big *be brave* vibes.

Flowerchild: Hey honey, hope all is well at your little slice of heaven. DH will be home soon won't he? Hopefully life calms down a bit then.

Well I am just trying to get myself ready for tomorrows scan. I am feeling positive but at the same time in the back of my mind I am thinking what if? I just have to be confident and positive. I can't wait to see lil Spring and share it with Aunty Lynn. I will email pics as soon as I get back if I can. Bailey I don't think I have your email address so if you have a 007 address let me know.

Big love to all
    A very nervous but excited spring.

Hi Gorgeous ones,
    Lynn: Courageous and wonderful - what you did was a big step and I am hoping you are feeling okay... It was lovely that everyone made you feel so part of a "family". I am happy it went as well as it could my love...

Bailey: Congratulations on taking the big matrimonial step!!! Woo HOO!!!! Bali sounds tooooo good right now!!!!

Mel: I am happy that Nicholas is at home - I think how you are feeling is so "normal" in the circumstances Mel... It is confusing, sad, happy lots of things... Nicholas's urn looks beautiful...

Spring: I will be thinking of you tomorrow - please come in as soon as you can to tell us the latest update of Lil Spring. He/she will be bouncing along in there - it will all be good Spring...

Well, yesterday was my Angel baby boys first "birth day". This time last year I was recovering from the anaesthetic to remove our placenta and crying until there were no more tears. This time a year ago I truly believed that the next time would be okay. Little did I know that there would be another angel baby girl and then another tiny angel to follow... I am blessed to have my earth children but God how I miss my Angel babies... I know that I am lucky to havae my children but I just so much want more... I believe in my heart that it will happen but right now I feel quite overwhelmed with the sadness of my "Goodbye Babies"...

Deb, I am so sorry you are feeling such sadness Of course you are grateful for your earth children, but that doesnt mean your angel babies mean any less. They are still your babies, and you love them as much as the babies you can kiss goodnight. Dont let anyone make you feel like you are not entitled to be heartbroken over what you have been through, you are an incredibly strong woman and you inspire each and every one of us. I send your angel boy a belated birthday wish and I hope all of our angel babies helped make it a special day for him :hugs:

Lynn, I hope you are feeling ok - probably exhausted from your huge day Meant to say earlier, I agree with DH you definitely deserve a new dress!

Spring, You are a true friend and I wish you all the best for tomorrow :hugs:

I hope everyone else is well.

Love Mel

everyone,

Mel - I am glad for you that you have your little guy home. I just so wish it was under different circimstances.His little urn is just beautiful. I know what you mean, glad to have them home, but sad. Both feelings can almost cancel the other out and leave you feeling nothing, if that makes sense. I saw your wedding pic's on Nicholas' site, you guys look good together. I love weddings, I just don't want to be in one I just want to go and do it quietly. I don't mind our group honeymoon, it's the kind of place that is good in a group anyway, plus we had booked our trip before our marriage!! I am sorry to hear about poor little Kenny, but I do admit to having a little laugh at the thought of you guy and your birds all watching the tv together. Have fun at the movies, I want to see Norbit, it looks stupid, but I love Eddie Murphy and will laugh at anything he does, even though it's dumb. Notes on a scandal sounds a little suss...think I'll avoid that one!

Lynn - Good on you for going into work. I think it's hard seeing people for the first time. I still haven't seen the girls from my old office face to face yet, cos I think it will be really hard too. It must be a relief to have done it though, and it is great that you have so much support from them. Isn't it amazing that once you lose a baby, so many other people come out and tell their stories as well? I guess people just don't talk about it. When DP went back to work after we lost Asha, 4 people he has worked with for years told him how it had happened to them or a close family member. He was shocked, we were still going through that whole thing where we thought we were the only ones.Though it is encourageing to hear that they all went on to have lot's of kids after, like your friend at work. I am sure you will be heading back in there in the not too distant future with your new baby. And I too have a feeling that March is going to be a lucky month for us all. I hope you get some baby germs tomorrow when you go with Spring!!

Spring - Woo hoo, scan tomorrow, and then telling the family. You must be nervous and excited. It's great you have Lynn to come along with you. How exciting! I am so jealous, but only in the good way of course! Ha ha, lol, DP wishes he was a pro-surfer. No, we just live near the beach so he surfs lot's and friends of his run a boat charter company in the Mentawai Islands in northern Indonesia, so he get's to go up there and spend a couple of weeks with his friends "bonding" on a boat. Patrick Swayze...that is hilarious, remember how cool that movie was way back when it came out? My brother and his friends went to a fancy dress party once dressed as the ex-presidents, they looked exactly like the ones in the movie...it was so funny, they busted into the party with toy guns and jumped on the tables and carried on etc. Stay positive for tomorrow. You told me you had no bad feelings with this little one, it is all good, and I was thinking, if your doctor lets Lil Spring meet you a little early, you are about a third of the way through now! Oh and if you wanna share some pics, Lynn has my email. I am so excited for you.

Dream - How is the family going? I hope you are well.

Hello to Flowerchild too!!

Lotsa to everyone!

Dear Flowerchild: This is a special message just for you. I am not a religious person, but I will say a little prayer for your Goodbye babies tonight. They will live in your heart and my heart forever. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Love Spring

Flowerchild - I will be thinking about you and your babies tonight.

Mel and Spring thankyou for your kind words... I did need them tonight...
    Where would we be without Belly Belly at times like this? I know for me all of you women are a constant source of strength. I think it's worse with my DH away too...
    I am going to go now and tuck myself in with a cup of hot chocolate and a bowl of yoghurt!

Thankyou for your prayers for my Angel Baby Boy... I truly believe he can hear - they all can... One day I hope I will understand why...
    nighty night...

Evening girls.

Deb - my candles are flickering for your angel babies

Spring - I have everything crossed for a beautiful scan tomorrow.

Lynn - I left one job after Caitlyn was born (I was working 2 part time) and each time I go back (I still go there to teach occasionally) I get anxious. I worked there the day we found out Caitlyn had died. My birth centre appointment was in the afternoon. I hated going back and now being pregnant I tend to feel very protective of this little bundle so that no bad vibes reach him. It is amazing who has experienced a loss and when you find out. My midwife was disturbed to find out I had my own little neonatal death group.

Mel, Nat and Bailey

Flowerchild - big hugs to you :hugs: I am thinking of you and your little bubba. Happy birthday to your precious sweet angel. I bet all the angels had a big party yesterday for him. I hope that one day you can understand why too. Sometimes just knowing the answers help just a little bit. It is such a frustrating path that we are all on the moment, but March is our month

Spring - 'Aunty Lynn' that brought tears to my eyes (I still have some left after today!) That is such a beautiful thing to say. I just can't wait to meet Lil' Spring tomorrow. I know that I can be strong and I will be able to do this with you. Every day lately I feel like I am doing something that is a step forward and I believe that this is helping me. One more sleep

Mel - Yes I have had a big day. And I just played tennis. It was good to hit the s&^% out of the ball (poor ball!) but I feel better.

Bailey - yes I hope to get lots of baby germs tomorrow I can send you some if you want. Patrick Swaze - that is funny! Did you tell him that?

Michelle - it is a hard decision to go back to work. But at the moment I just can't. I'm not sure if I ever will but it is there if I want to. I just need to concentrate on #1.

Nat - thinking of you and your family - big

Thanks Lynn, Bailey and Michelle for your thoughts.
    I am feeling a bit better today... I am sure you all know how it is.
    I am scared witless that I am going to ovulate before DH arrives home. I know it's not even rational - I NEVER ovulate before cd16 (cd16 is very early for me) but I have started to get crampy.... I made an error and DH isn't coming home until THURSDAY morning not Wednesday as I thought. Anyway today is cd13 and I have to do an opk - can you believe I am actually hoping for a negative opk???? How confusing is that????!!!!!

Just between us the Clomid has b een an absolute shocker this month. I am cranky as 10 old men!!!! Hopefully by the time DH returns I will be sweetness and roses again!!!!

I will pop back later...

YIPPIE................. For once some good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I survived and Lil' Spring is doing very well.. First of all a huge thank you to Aunty Lynn :woman:, you are a sweetheart and I am eternally grateful to you for sharing today wth me.

Well the good news, no the GREAT news is that Lil Spring doesn't have single umbiliacle artery this time WHOOOO HOOOOO. Also, the spine looks as straight as it possibly could at this stage. Although I have to wait a while to confirm that the spine is ok, it is looking perfectly normal which with Harry's 12 week scan wasn't the case. The nuchal translucency was 1 which is apparently good but to be honest I was concentrating so much on all the other stuff that I didn't take much notice of that. I had my blood test also which they ended up taking it from the vein in my hand because I have such sucky veins so I should get the full report within 2 days.

I do feel better. Still riddled with nerves, but this is a major hurdel to have overcome so I have to feel proud and happy that I have made it this far. The essential facts are

GA: 12w4d
    HB: 154bpm
    CRL: 6.22cm
    EDD: 21 September 2007

Thank you so much for allowing me to share this news with you all. You are such a special group of friends and I know that you all with be sharing such wonderful news with me before long.

Spring

Sorry Flowerchild I just saw your post. I hope that your little eggie waits for DH but as you said, you never O before CD 16 so I know in my heart that it will be the same this week.

Fingers crossed for a negative OPT (just this once)

luv Spring

OH Spring YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is wonderful news.

Lil Spring is going great guns. I am so happy for you and your family. I have a HUGE smile on my face!

Thanks flowerchild.

It is funny, I was going through my scan photos and realised that I have the spine, thorasic cavity, umbilical cord and only a few cute ones of the face. Not the innocent first time mum any more but nothing makes me happier than looking at that perfectly straight spine.

Life takes so interesting twists and turns doesn't it, but you've just got to hold on.

Luv Spring

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast