Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

CathieW Guest

Hi Ladies,
    Congratilations Helen and shell. Well done.
    Shell - so how are you going ?
    Helen - How long will the little monkeys be in hospital for?

Well the twins are fine, we are slowly getting into a routine. They are 5 weeks know how quick has that gone.

Cathie

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to all our new Twin Mummy's.

ATM- The boys are great they are the best of friends they love their sister and she adores them too.

Hi Cathie - Still attempting to get into a routine here. The girls are feeding well and are both putting on weight. Haven't mastered the twn feeding as yet, so I am looking at getting a twin feeding pillow to help. They sleep really well during the day, but are fairly unsettled at night. The older kids are still adjusting to the change - my daughter was very quiet and standoffish at the start, but is coming around now. My son loves his sisters, but misses being the baby and time with his mum, so has been acting out a bit. I'm sure it will all sort itself out over time. I hear you on the time going so fast - my 2 are two weeks tomorrow!

Leemar and Smithy - Thanks for the congratulations.

hey guys its been a while.

We are doing good, we have no rutine and just go with the flo. DS1 is handelling it great he loves the babies and i have been proud that he is very loving and caring. just a little rough at times, these boys will have a great imune system he always is kissing them and putting his fungers in their mouth, he thinks its funny that they suck his fingers. im more relaxed than i was with DS1.

my basic system is i feed them every 3-4 hours and if one eats they both do. we have been sleeping thru for about 2-3 weeks now but Caleb wakes for a feed at 4am ish; first i just try to resettle but if it doesn't work i'll feed him and ill wake sebi to feed aswell so they are always fed at the same time. they are 100% formula fed now and its a massive reliefe, i boobie fed for almost 3 months it was very hard work. as some of you know.
    we don't get much tummy time but im not worried, we just don't have time and they don't like it much anyway.
    i have now put all 3 in MCN's and it is saving a bucket of money a week. i love them.
    we joined playgroup tho the twins tend to just sit in the pram and watch.
    really not much happening here just pottering along....

Helen- NICU is very sad i know... it feels like months travelling back and forth each day mostly just looking at them. not being able to just hold them all day. it will pass and soon bubs will be home and your family together. chim up hon

cathie- you work so hard.. make sure you take me time a massage or something. do you have someone to take a bit of the load. how is work going?

better run time for a dream feed. Hello to everyone else and keep happy and healthy...

kristy

Well, we have definately had an interesting day.

I had my 20 week scan today so was very curious to see my babies. At our 13 week scan the lady had indicated that we were having a boy and a girl.

I am pregnant with Twin BOYS

I was pretty disappointed to find out that I was not having a girl, but I realise now that I have two very special baby boys that are extremely healthy and active.

Both boys measure around 17cm and are a perfect size.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ry.php?cat=985

There had been some concern about the positioning of both placentas as previously they were very low lying - but they have now moved up and away from the cervix. Now I just have to wait for my 28 week scan to see how they are both going again.

Sam
    Last edited by SamOake; November 8th, 2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: to fix link

CathieW Guest

Hi
    Sam congrates twin boys.

Well we have a good days and our bad days with the twins. Hana is such a drama queen and Sam just goes with the flow. I hope everyone is fine.

Cathie

Hi everyone

Sam - Congrats on 2 healthy boys. I as looking forward to having one of each, but now that I have my 2 beautiful girls I wouldn't change it for the world.

Cathie - I seem to have one that is more relaxed than the other, but then they switch roles occasionaly just to mix things up a bit. Very sleep deprived, but we are all coping and trying to get some form of routine.

Kristy - Congrats on the sleeping through - I can't wait!

Chat soon
    Shell

hey girls,
    how is everyone ?? i love seeing everyones news about their twins. What joy it is to have twins everyone constantly talks about them, stops you, talks to you i think now that my girls are nearly 4 i finally get my shopping done without every second person stopping me. My two are starting kindy soon and im so excited but it feels like yesterday i had these two tiny little babys. Goodluck and well done to you all for coping with twins and more i know its not easy

CathieW Guest

Hey,
    Just a little note letting you know our routine. The twins feed every 3 - 4 hours. We have a feed, sleep, play thing going. I try to get them down to sleep at the same time if not I get nothing done. The twins are bathed at 9.00pm they have their last bottle at 9.30pm than bed 10.00pm. Than they sleep through to 5.00am bottle bed 5.30am and than they may sleep to 8.30am. If we go out for the day than we just go with the flow.

cathie

Hello!

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.
    SamOake- I actually cried whaan i found out i was having 2 boys...and tho i would have loved a girl i am very close to my boys. they have wonderful little personalities.
    for me i thought i would miss out on girly things having 3 boys but than i relised that just because you have a girl doesn't mean you relationship will be any less close IYKWIM.

All is well our way, the boys are still very much jelly babies. but they are good babies. very happy.

Question: is anyone else geting stupid questions?
    i get- "are they twins" Oh der no one is a midget. stupid question.
    "are they identical" i say no "will they become identical" my god another stupid question. or "did you know you were having twins" oh no its the 1940 and we don't have US. it gets annoying.

or what is realling peeving me is when people say "oh you poor thing" this really ticks me off, how rude.

anyway better run its late.
    Take care
    kristy

CathieW Guest

Yeah I get the same questions, I get are they identical - Girl boy I don't think so. Everyone stops and I mean everyone. I always get you poor thing when I'm shopping with all the 5 children. I say no I'm very lucky to have 5 healthy beautiful children. Kristy have you noticed when you go shopping in at richmond how many twins there are around.

Cathie

oh yes cathie there is definatly something in the water around here...
    the other day i was at coles and the two teople in front both had twins it was so funny. when isaac was born there were 9 sets of twins in the NIC unit.
    its twin central here.

yep that "you poor thing" really annoys me i do the sam and say "NO i am very blessed" sometimes i add that we will be having more soon too (even tho we wont) just to stir people up.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hi All! Great to hear everyone is doing so well. All is good here...busy and sometimes sleep deprived with the teething and CRAWLING but in a pretty good routine. Erin and Logan are very happy and pretty easy going bubs which helps alot. The "you poor thing" and "glad it is you and not me" thing...it really tics me off sometimes, as do the dumb q's! People can be so rude sometimes. I feel very fortunate and blessed with 4 beautiful children, not sure what their prob is but I don't particularly care. I just smile politely and shake it off, if I am in a mood I might set them straight, politely of course. I know I am extremely lucky and wouldn't have my life any other way! TAKE CARE ALL!!
    KIM XOXO

CathieW Guest

Hi kim how old are the twins ?

Kristy - yeah I say we might have other child my husband laughs as there mouth drops to the ground.

Cathie

Hi Girls,

re the Stupid Questions- some of the stupid questions I have been asked is what is the age difference? I just looked at her and said 1 minute the lady just looked back at the boys and then at me and then proceed to ask me if they are twins..... WTF
    And yep the usual Are they Twins. Who is Older and Gee they dont look alike.

Hello to everyone and have a good day

CathieW Guest

Hi everyone,

Well only 3 weeks to go and we close down the preschool, I'm so excited. I would never own a child care centre ever again.

The twins are going well, Sam has been the drama queen the last couple of days and Hana has been great. Hey you can't pick it.

Can you believe how quick the year had gone, XMAS in 4 weeks WOW. I hope everyone is well.

Cathie

CathieW Guest

i hope everyone has a merry christamas and a happy new year

Cathie

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hey all. Just a quick quiet moment spare so thought I would wish everyone a very merry, safe and fun filled xmas and a fantastic new year!! We are heading to Dubbo for a family holiday after xmas day. Yeehah, cant wait! All well here...my eldest turned 8 this wk and the twins are already 10mnths old...time flies when you are having fun or insanely busy, a bit of both I think. LOL. Both are crawling everywhere and Logan is standing up...look out!!! My 4 yr old has turned into a great little helper too. Miracles will never cease!!! Best wishes to you and your families. Love Kim. xoxo

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast