Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #23

Oh Ali - Lots of new things going on. What's DH going to do in the Army? FX the girls are back to being well for you soon hun, nothing worse than sick kidlets.

He is a qualified Boilermaker, so he will be a Metalsmith. doing all sorts of things from fixing tanks to rebuiding cities.

Hi all i know i'm really really late but i wanted to wish all th eapril babies a very Happy Birthday hope they all enjoyed their day
    Ryan had a pretty low key affair we ended up taking him to seaworld which was a little silly cause the older kids only wanted the rides and ryan is way to young and way to short for 99% of the rides but i think he still enjoyed it some what loved the sharks kept saying top of his voice chomp then making a growling noise the japenese tourist's kept staring at him and lol and he wanted to pat the polar bears

Amy, congratulations on finding out u are expecting a little girl how great!!
    Ali, hoping both the girls get better soon, wow on ttc sept is not that far away really is it!
    we havent discussed it, i'd still like a 3rd but maybe when Nixon is closer to starting school.

mitch- u guys have had some rough times havent you, but you'r all pulling through as a family thats the main thing.

yes Nixon has a "blankie" aswell so maybe if i take the dummy away his blankie has to become his eesole conforter, right just gotta gee myself up to a night with no sleep lol!

no she dosent have a blankie i might have to be tough and just have no sleep for a couple of days
    shes fine after shes asleep its just when she wakes up shes like wheres the dummy mummy
    i might wait to dh has thwe weekend off so we can take it in turns
    also another question guys is your little ones sharing or is everything mine
    at playgroup shes not sharing very well she thinks everything is hers i know some kids arent very good at sharing i just dont want jessabell to be one of those children the other kids wont play with .

Nixon has his moments.
    sometimes he wont care if someone takes something off him, other times he has a real tanty about it. He's just got to the "dobbing" stage. so if it happens his comes up to me in his real whingy, sympathy voice, points to the culprut and says mummy blah blah blah (cant usually understand it)

Default Twin toddler brawls

Hi Girls.
    I don't know if anyone at all here remembers me... but I had twin girls in april 06 and have been flat out ever since, not to mention 12 months after they were born my partners back went and I have been busy running a home based business ever since.

I just wanted to know how you all deal with brawling toddlers and/or the tricks they learn from their slightly older siblings (in this case he is 4)

NO! Followed by a tantrum or pushing /pulling fights is something I never dealt with in DS(4) but the girls a gorgeous and cute as they are can be obstinant and time out or comfiscation of toys seems to have no effect.

I am happy to hear your ideas!

Oh and as they are 2yrs 2 months we are complating removing the bottles, but fear sleepless nights and huge tantrums... any other suggestions??

Kaety
    pics of my little ones...
    Storms and Rainbows
    and Photo-la-lia

Hi Kaety,

Sarah has he moments too, it is unfortunately something most girls do, but as they are twins they have someone to do it to at all times IYKWIM. Sarah has pulled Em over and hits us and pushes but we dont let her get away with it. this too shall pass does apply so dont fret.

WRT the bottles, try giving them a sippy cup of milk before bed and tell them that babies use bottles and they are big girls now.

Hi ladies, long time no hear LOL. Hope all had a lovely 2nd bday, Holly's was pretty low key too, just on our standard mums group day but made a cake & had party food instead. Don't think I've been on here since xmas, pretty slack huh, hehe. Was on facebook alot for a while there, then not much lately either. Mainly putting things (baby) on ebay/oztion for sale, as we decided not to have a 3rd & keeping busy with work & 2 under 3.

Hard to believe Lanah is 10mths now, gees time just flies, every now & then I think about a 3rd, so does hubby, but we're pretty sure we wont.

Hope you are all well. Congrats on #2 on the way Amy& #3 TTC very soon Ali.

Holly still has 2 bottles / day, but uses sippy cup of water during day. I keep meaning to give her her milk in a cup instead, but never get around to it. Started using potty a bit for a while there, but gone off it, so one day maybe.

Lanah is great, she's a happier baby than even Holly was. She had her 2nd flu (booster) shot (1st year have to have a booster after 1mth) on Fri & didnt even cry. Holly's had 10 middle ear infections & Lanah's had 3, since stopped BF at 6mths old. Then found out that they can have flu shots, which will help immune system & help keep colds away too, therefore help prevent the fluid in the ears building up to a middle ear infection. Holly's ear drum perforated & was leaking puss just prior to xmas, poor darlin, but she's so good when she's sick. They're both really well now (touch wood).

My goodness I know what ppl mean about the 'Terrible Two's' now, Holly loves a tantrum, cheeky lil monkey & have had 2 in public lately, how embarrassing.

We have 4 in mums group expecting their 2nd, 3 of us have already had #2 (me being the 1st) & another two maybe soon.

Hmm, I should put some more pics on here, instead of just on facebook.
    Last edited by shell_l_d; June 22nd, 2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added more info

Hey guys... hope you are all well..
    Alexa is a total snot monster at the moment... Any ideas on how to teach her to blow through her nose instead of sniffing?????

Catch up soon
    XXX

Hi all,

Mitch, Sarah has never really been a sniffer. sometimes i wish she would! she would rather blow and who cares if there is a tissue available or not.... ewwwww.

Sarah has decided she does not like wearing nappies. She is now in knickers during the day, and only wears a nappy for a sleep or for going in the car. and she has not had many accidents. 1 per day if that. this has been going on for a week!

i'd love for Nixon to learn to blow his nose too! was it something u just taught Sarah Ali?
    And thats great she is wearing big girl nickers! Nixon is still not ready. if he has spoken about wee or poo he sits on the potty but is still yet to ever do anything in it! Im hoping by the warmer weather at the end of the year he'll be ready for some TT!

I cant remember how she started doing it TBH.

She had 2 accidents today. it was not her day, so i put her back in a nappy and left it for a while

How is everyine getting on with the bottle & dummy removing???

Alexa has no bottles anymore but boy has she been a holy terror to get to sleep at night now!!! keeps getting out of bed like a jak in a box & if I shut the door to her room she screams the house down!!!!

She has a dull lamp left on in her room & her cuddly.... but it is getting to a stage where I dread her bedtime... not good i know.... but I am running our of ideas to try!!!

Hey guys

Just thought I'd check in & say hi.

Been lying fairly low the last little while as I've had some stuff to deal with & get my head around.

Can't remember if I told you guys at the end of last year about the lump I'd found in my breast & they told me it was a cyst.

Well I went for the u/s review on it to be told it wasn't a cyst & needed a biopsy which they did then & there. Turns out it is actually an atypical papilloma which needs to be removed now. So surgery has been booked for this week coming to have it removed.

Hope everyone else is keeping well & looking after their munchkins.

Good luck Amy, Hope the surgery goes well for you hun.

Well Sarah is completely day time TTed. she decided one day that she no longer likes wearing nappies. She has a few accidents but not every day. We are also TTC #3 now. And Em is going great guns. She will be one in a couple of weeks.

Hi everyone, it's been longer than ages since I have even visited BB, but I thought I'd drop in tonight seeing I have a little bit of time. It sounds like everyone's doing ok which is great. Amy, hope your surgery went alright and you've been given the all clear.

My kids are doing well. Josiah is talking up a storm, although it's only been in the last maybe 2 or 3 months. He hasn't had a dummy since about 18 months old, he just decided he didn't want it - but the bottle is a completely different story. If we let him he'd have 2 or 3 bottles at bed time!! Still a long way off from toilet training - he'll tell us when he needs a nappy change, but not when he needs to go to the toilet.

Anyway, I can hear the patter of feet running around - they should be well and truly asleep by now! Better go find out what is going on.

Bel

mum3girls Guest

Ladies - I'm just popping in to let you all know that Amy (going42) was admitted to hospital last night after her waters broke. She has an infection, but is not currently in labour. If she doesn't go into labour by herself tonight, she will be induced tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that things go well tonight and bubby arrives safely. Please keep them in your thoughts as the last month or so has been quite stressful for them all.

Just noticed she hasn't updated since the surgery - went well, tumor was not cancerous and the scar is healing nicely. She was hoping to make it to bubby's due date so her breast could heal properly - but I guess bubby's got other plans.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast