Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #3

hehe ash - vic more efficient than nsw or maybe lot more 'active' couples here.
    just went to bdm website and it says 8 weeks... NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages

Hey prama i was lurking in your march thread and you and SJ said you bought some crappy nappies off eBay... i did no research and went ahead and bought some that could possible be the 'useless towelling nappies' SJ described... were they 'environaps' by any chance? really cheap like 6 for $33?

Prama - All we did was send in the forms that the hospital gives you. To be honest I've got no idea where we've sent that. Yes it is ridiculous that you have to ring them to find out.... And ringing them is an ordeal too; it took me 30 minutes on hold before I got through to an operator, so make sure Lakshman is asleep!!! They were quick in sending the new form though, rang Thursday and it came in the mail today... By the way; like your new photo of Lakshman! They are becoming so alert and responsive now; so much fun!

Ash - Burping doesn't seem to make any difference to Jasper either. He does them dutifully after each boob, but the wind is still bad. I've got the feeling that it is partly caused by the very fast letdown; he struggles to keep up the first minute or so. He can only keep up if he is really thirsty. Does Alexander 'vomit' a little too when he's got wind? Jasper is 'leaking' vomit continuously (only little spews); makes it hard to keep him clean. It doesn't seem to worry him though.

Bek - Welcome to the forum!

Hi girls,

I have been lurking here for awhile and not writing too. Sorry if I miss anyone.

Bek- Welcome. Kody is a great name.
    Prama- We put DD in her room after 3 days of being home. Her room is right next to ours. How is the feeding going? I read in another thread that you are almost all over to ff. You just do what is best for you, Lakshman and Steve. If you have gone to FF full time then Steve can be a real help for you too.
    Esme- Great new pic of Jasper. They grow so quickly dont they?! How painful about the birth certificate. Like Ash, Ambers birth ceritificate came really quickly. The systems must be different here in Vic because we are having a baby boom too. The hospital was jam packed.
    Ash- Well done on the BF. I am still going at 9 weeks. I have nearly packed it in a few times. But I keep setting goals and we see how we go. Amber gave us a giggle yesterday. I was blowing soft raspberries in her neck and she just laughed. It was so cute. I hear you on how quickly they grow. We got the tape measure out roughly before and Amber was about 62cm. She is now comfortably wearing 00... I hope she slows her growth down soon. Oh and I have bought some of those nappies from ebay. I hear bad and good things about them. I have yet to use any of the MCN I bought and are seriously thinking of selling the ones I did buy.
    Kirsten- OMG about the people breaking in. I would be too scared to stay home! I love it when bubs is being cuddly. I feel wanted.
    Sue- Great one on the sleep. I hope she keeps it up for you.
    Bun- I saw the pic of Catherine smiling on Facebook. She is gorgeous.

Sorry to everyone else I have missed.

Amber turns 9 weeks on Wednesday. Where has the time gone! She is growing like crazy. We have our 8 week MCHN appointment on Friday (they postponed last week) I am interested to see how much Amber has grown. We got the tape measure out before and she is roughly 62cm. So she has grown roughly 10cm from birth. I wonder what she weighs. She is comfortably into the 00 clothes now. We have a heap of 000 we didnt even look at. I hope her growing can slow or we will be into 0... She is fully BF at the moment.
    How many feeds is everyone doing roughly a day? We are about 6-7. At what age can I look at dropping a feed?
    Amber is getting better at sleeping during the day. I can now get her down for a couple of one cycle sleeps which is a hell of a lot better than a few weeks ago. She is sleeping well at night still with waking once for a feed. The last couple of days though she has been waking early around 630. That extra hour again would be great. She is also in her cot full time because she has outgrown her basinette. She looks more like a 3 monther than a 2 monther. She loves her cot too.

So now I have written an essay. I will try and write more often.

Happy sleeping to all tonight.

I decided id just try the nappies out in the end. If i boost them they might go the four hours for his day feeds (or three that they are at the moment).

We're also doing anywhere between 5-8 feeds a day atm. I kinda figure he's still having his 'growth spurt' so i'm letting him lead me because it's so much easier. He went from being four hourly feeder to eight hours overnight to now feeding three hourly and six overnight.
    So i dont know what he's doing lol.

esme - did you have to pay again? Steve will ring them tomorrow. They have a new office in Parramatta, you'd think 2 offices would make things quicker.

jen - Amber is a day younger than Lakshman! but he's much smaller. We're still plodding along with BF. I express a couple of times and put him on the breast a couple of times a day, apart from that he's on formula. I thought i'd at least do BF part-time instead of completely stopping for now, like if he was on solids, BF would be come some of the feed all of the feed. I suppose something is better than nothing.
    my nipples are bit better from the rest, but he's getting lazy and not opening his mouth big enough to latch on. he think im a bottle! we see someone from the parramatta family care next week, maybe she can help.

I get milk coming out from a couple of spots at the base of the nipple, is this normal? and i suspect him sucking near there makes it more painful. well i can feel his gums on it, so he's chomping as well.

I'm so tired today, didnt stop at all. he needed 2 baths today. we had a bath in the tub, then i went to dress him up and just put a nappy on and he did a poo. i cleaned him up and he did another poo. i waited, then he did some more. and he was crying a little, and then spewed a little. just when he was all cleaned up, i turned to get his nappy and he did a little runaway hose, and pee-d all over himself. so he needed another bath! he made use of almost all of his orifices!

ash - lakshman's feeding habit is a bit out of whack too. it gets worse when we go out and he's tired and sleeps a lot more. he used to sleep at least 5 hrs at night when he was on breastmilk and now 3 hrs on formula! it's supposed to be the other way round! so i dont know what he's doing either!
    Last edited by prama; April 14th, 2008 at 09:24 PM. Reason: ash

Oh Prama im so sorry to laugh at your xpense but you just made my day....

They're little devils aren't they!

he made use of almost all of his orifices!
    hahaha...such a bloke....lol....

Be back later....

lol - i'll have to remember all of this when i write my speech on his wedding day! LOL

Hi everyone,

Haven't been able to get on here since my mum left to go back to the UK last week and now i'm on my own with 2 children under 2 years! Just an update from me as i don't have time for personals but am loving hearing what you're all up to.

DD1 has been fantastic to date (she's 21 months), very affectionate and not playing up really. Amelie (now 7 weeks) is also great, bit refluxy and sleeps well at night.

I just can't seem to manage to put her down well during the day. By the time i've seen her tired cue, i go to put her down and then something interferes ...like DD1 climbing onto her bike seat on the bike and wanting to go out or bringing me her shoes as she wants to go the park or she does a monster poo so i need to change her before settling Amelie....

And before i know it, i've missed Amelie's sleep cue, she's got herself into a state and i have to spend a lot longer settling, whilst leaving a 21 month old to her own devices in the house. Which can be a real recipe for disaster. BF is going well as we're now in control of my oversupply issue i think and i've had to become an expert at feeding whilst walking around as i just can't sit on a sofa for 20 mins with DD1 running around!

Yesterday they were both asleep for 7 mins at the same time all day. I had the quickest shower ever.

Any tips on managing a toddler at the same time would be gratefully received!

Hi All,

Zoe and I are doing our best to get into some sort of routine here. Seems to be ok at the moment, but it doesn't take much to muck it up!

I went food shopping for the first time today on my own (with Zoe in the baby bjorn)...well, the first big shop anyway. It's quite an ordeal really, but it's done now so I am sure it will just get easier!

We use cloth nappies part time (disposables overnight and when we go out). I really like the MCN's and I feel so much less guilty when they get pooed in as soon as i put them on. I have such a weight on my conscience with throwing out all those 'sposies!!

Looking forward to my first mother's group session tomorrow and a weigh-in with the MCH nurse.

Oh dear Prama that does sound a bit odd... could you maybe try a different formula? Or would that just unsettle him too much?
    And definitely for his wedding speech... or his 21st you never know!!

Roya, sorry things are proving to be a little tough for you at the moment... Hopefully Sarina stops giving you trouble soon to make it easier for you to manage Amelie... I can imagine while you're tied up settling A, S is off running rampant and pulling everything in reach out of all the cupboards??

Danda i remember my first trip to the shop trying to juggle the pram and the shopping... it was quite the ordeal... now we've decided to shop for meats, non-perishables & toiletries once a month so i can just pick up milk, and fresh veges on my own...

Sorry to hear about the hassles getting birth certs in NSW, what a pain! I think we got DD's in about a week.

I am feeling like a whole new person today because DD slept for 8 hours last night! WOo hoo! SHe did 7 hours the night before that and 6 the night before that. She really seems to have the hang of night time now, and I am getting a few day time naps too. She really seems to have turned a corner lately and is much easier. She can entertain herself a little longer so I can get a few things done and she doesn't mind the pram anymore as I am taking her out in it a lot more. She is still very refluxy and gets a lot of wind but seems much happier. And she smiles and talks all the time and I love it! Of course all of this could change at any minute but right now she is doing great!

My boobs were killing me after going 8 hours without a feed and I woke up totally soaked! It had gone right through the breat pads and bfing singlet I was wearing and milk was everywhere!

Roya - it must be so hard managing a newborn and a toddler at the same time. We want more kids and I have no idea how I will handle it!

danda - I have found the baby bjorn a lifesaver for food shopping. We are heading out later today to do that!

jen - thanks for your comment about Catherine, we just love her little smile! Amber has grown sooo quickly! DD is still in some 0000s and she is older than Amber! And how exciting to get a laugh! We get noises that sound like she is trying to laugh, but she can't really do it yet. I can't wait for that! I'm glad to hear that Amber is getting better at sleeping during the day; that much make life much more enjoyable for you!

esme - DD does a lot of little spews too and always has vomit on her no matter how often I change her clothes! I think she also struggles with my really fast let down sometimes. Often it has started before she is even on the boob if I am really full! Poor little thing is probably drowning in it!

ash - isn't it amazing how fast they grow and how strong they are already? Good on you for keeping up BFing.

sue - woo hoo on such a great sleep!

Bek - welcome! Kody was born on the same day as DD!!

Hello to everyone else, sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have been reading! It's just too hard to post with a little limpet hanging out over my shoulder!

roya - big hugs hun..:hugs: im sorry things are tough.. i know we complain being tired, it must be hard with 2 young kids. hope things get better.. xoxo. Is Sarina wanting your attention too...

danda - well done on shopping! the first time i went to wollies to get a couple of things, i took the pram, it's only when i got it, i thot how am i going to take stuff!. lucky mum was with me so she carried the basket.

ash - we're going to see a family care nurse next week. will see how we go.

bun - wow.. im so jealous you got 8 hrs sleep. lol. i find that my boobs start to hurt when lakshman sleeps long hrs, that it wakes me up. so it defeats the purpose of sleeping in
    lakshman is between 0000 and 000 now. but his feet are getting too big for the 1piece coveralls. FIL had size 13 feet.

Good Morning Girls,

My DD was 2 months old yesterday and we had her immunizations. She is now 12lb 8 oz and 59cm long. She was so good having her injections and has had another big sleep last night. She is growing so quickly.

Roya -- it is very hard with two so close in age but it does get easier. I don't really know if I did anything special with my two but I just tried to set the older one up with things to do while I fed the younger one. It will improve with time.

Have to go Mr 3 year old wanting mu attention.
    Will post later

Sue

Hello ladies, great to see you are all still in touch.

So when are we starting on our next babies? lol. Stuff that! My next baby will be over 5 kg so Im not even going there. I tell hubby we have to use 3 varities of safety measures before he even looks at me that way.lol.

Jakes a huge sleeper. He sleep from 8 pm till around 4-5 am. Tara was awake every 3-4 hours, so this is a real contrast. I keep thinking something is wrong, and wake just to check on him.

Oops it tea time. I will drop in tomorrow if I get a chance.

Take care, and keep happy and healthy.

Karlie.

Karli - PMSL on next bub! maybe when i have enough sleep, i'll consider bub #2. we havent even DTD yet, my needs are more basic at the moment!
    woo hoo on jake sleeping long hours! yaay!

am starting Roquen's mums and bubs exercise class next week. Today we did a story for A Current Affair. if it goes on air as planned, you can see us on tomorrow evening's episode! hehe

Thanks Prama, I cant wait to see you on tv. Now that will be really cool.

Im lucky to scratch myself today. I will catch up with you all on Sunday. On Sat we are having a garage sale. I have sooo much of Tara's clothes to sell, its driving me insane. I guess when you have one of each you cant do hand me downs :-( Having a boy and girl is nice, but very expensive.

All eyes on the tv tonight

Dont let the fame go to your head prama.LOL.

Enjoy your weekend girls.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast