Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #3

Oops, forgot to tell you I have some new photos. The ones I have on facebook I put on here.

Karlie -- good to hear everything is going well. I am with you on no more babies I would be too scared of the size LOL. Great to hear jake is sleeping so well it is so much easier when you have other children if they sleep. Good luck with the garage sale. I will have heaps of girls clothes as we have been given so much.

Prama -- Will be watching tonight!!!!! Very Exciting

Bun -- glad you are getting some longer sleeps in. It is impossible to have sleep during the day for me with my two gorgeous boys they run me ragged!
    Ash -- forgot to ask you if your pelvic pain had settled. I know it was a few weeks ago sorry .
    Roya - I hope things are sttling for you and DD1 is getting used too being a big sister. You will survive trust me.

Hello to everyone else
    Big sleep vibes for all the bubs.
    We are taking our to DS's to Thomas at Puffing Billy tomorrow and DD is having a day with Grandma. It will be nice to be out of the house for a day but I will miss her sooooo much. Its my MIL and she hasn't really looked after her much, my Mum has but she is busy. I know she will be fine I just won't be able to ring and check as much as if my Mum had her iykwim!!

Talk soon
    Sue

hehe it's A Current Affair after all! The instructor's Roquen on our Feb thread!

Hello everyone,

Will be watching A current affair tonight for sure!

A quick one while DD is asleep.
    We had our maternal health nurse appointment today. Amber now weighs just over 6kg, is 61cm long and her head is 40cm. Not bad for a 9 week 2 day old girl! She put on 800grams since her last appointment at 4 weeks. So we are in the top 97th percentile. I am going to train her to be a WNBA basketballer now!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. The weather in Melbourne is just sensational today.

Oh wow Prama how exciting!!!

Wow Jen what sensational weight gain for AMber!!
    We have alexander's eight week on tuesday. He was 5.35kg yesterday so i'd say 5.5 by monday, lol.

Karlie you joke/not really joke about next bubs made me laugh. I wouldnt mind another eight pounder. If i had any more weight on my front next time i think i'd fall over backwards.

I shouldn't speak to soon but Alexander seems to have settled down. We got four hours between a feed again last night, then an hour and a half of cluster, and then he slept for eight hours. Well i think he did. I actually don't remember if i fed him in the middle of the night or not...
    Anyway i was leaky when i woke up so i'd say it was the full stretch. We then got four hours til the next feed and then three hours on the next... so fingers crossed his 'growth spurt' is finally settling down. i was too used to four hours feeds to now go to 2-3hrly...

Sueby - it comes and goes. Doc said at six week checkup that it's like the symphius pubis something or another you get during pregnancy - mines just taking a while longer to go back to its place or something.

oh what a muddled post. hope it wasnt too confusing. bbl!

Hi guys..

Was just told that the mums and bubs story isnt ready for tonight's ACA.. will have to be next week sometime.. oh well. sorry for the anti-climax!

oh damn
    let us know when prama!

Hi guys!

prama - I'm glad your ACA show hasn't been on yet as I only just saw this post and it would have been too late! Make sure you let us know when it is on!

ash - I sometimes forget how many night feeds I do too! You are so sleepy it's hard to remember anything sometimes!

jen - wow, Amber is such a healthy big bub! I am really curious at how much DD weighs now as it's a while since she has been weighed. I may try and get her weighed this week.

Sue - I know what you mean re MIL looking after your little one - I am the same about mine! But mum has watched DD a few times and that doesn't worry me. It must be so hard not being able to have a day sleep ever; I find it hard enough dealing with one child, let alone 3!

Karlie - believe it or not, but I have started thinking about when to have the next one! It's just difficult knowing when to start TTC when you have no idea how long it will take. I reckon we will wait a while, but just not sure how long yet. One of the mums at mothers group is preggers again already, her bubs will be 11 months apart!

Well, after the wonderful 8 hour sleep, DD hasn't even come close to doing it again! The last 2 nights were awful with her up every 2 to 3 hours. I think it's that she gets a really sore tummy rather than her actually wanting to be awake, but I am not sure what to do about it!

We still haven't DTD. We have tried, but it hurt! I have no idea when things will feel normal again.

Next one???? Not until this one is at least 2 years old!!!! Still holding off on DTD; not comfortable yet... Even though the excuses are running out: DS sleeps since last week or so for 8 to 9 hours in between 6.30 pm and 3.00 am!!!! (Now I probably jinxed it by writing it down...) So the lack of sleep is minimal if I go to bed at 8.30. During the day he feeds two hourly and is sometimes quite unsettled, but i can put up with that if he keeps sleeping like he has been.

Prama - How exciting! When I started reading I thought I had missed it, since I didn't check the thread for two days, but now I can, hopefully, watch it! The money for the birth certificate came out yesterday, so hopefully we'll receive it next week sometime. I don't know whether it is the first or the second application and, yes, you have to pay again. But if you ask them to cancel the first application you'll only pay once (or that is what they told us...)

Ash - Yeah on the 8 hour stretch!! My boobs are leaky too if he goes the full 8 hours, so I would say he did it! Hopefully it will be a repeat performance!!! Lovely photo by the way Ash; it looks like Alexander is doing really well; lovely chubby cheeks!!

Bun - So sorry to hear about bub's sore tummy! It is so hard with wind; there is only so much you can do to help them, they'll have to do the rest themselves... But if they are crying and are obviously in pain and nothing helps; you feel so helpless... Big hugs! Hopefully they'll grow out of it soon! Jasper is still battling too; he hasn't done a no. 2 for 5 days now, so that doesn't help. Lucky he still sleeps really well at night, it is just during the day that its playing up.

Jenjams - Congrats on bub's growth!! You are obviously doing a great job!!

Sue - DP is the only one that gets to look after DS for now!! He looks after him for a couple of hours on the saturday so I can get some mummy time, but I don't know how quick to get home, because I miss him soo much!!

2 please - Such a beautiful photo of sisterly love!! How did your garage sale go?

Have a good weekend!!

Poopy and I will be on A Current Affair on ch9 tonite!

Poopy had his 2mth immunisation yest evening, I was nervous and almost in tears but Poopy didnt cry one bit, just a whimper when the needles went in. He's so brave! He's just slightly feverish and sleepy from it.

Bek H Guest

Default hi ladies

hi ladies, hope your all well and the little one's are too.
    thankyou for all welcoming me so warmly!
    prama - is that the story on getting into shape after having a baby? i said to the other half last nite i wanted to watch that, im back at netball but need something else, looking forward to watching it.

kody is doing well, had a bit of reflux the last week, that was a scary thing wen he first got it caus he cried and cried, a quick couple of questions how many feeds during the day do you have your little one's on? do you find yourself tired alot of the time?
    kody started sleeping thru the nite when he was 2 weeks old so I am pretty lucky that i at least get 6-7 hrs sleep a nite.
    well i best be off, going to look at a house today, this rental market is hopeless in sydney!

Hi Bek,
    Amber has 6-7 feeds throughout a 24 hour period. We are also pretty lucky that she sleeps well during the night and wakes once for a feed. The last 2 nights she has slept from 10-530. I hope that lasts because she has then gone back to bed until 9am.

is everyone going to mothers group? My maternal health nurse said one was going to start up and they would send info out but I am yet to hear anything so I guess no mothers group for us.

How did the garage sale go Karlie? Bendigo is big on them with all going into the Addy.

Do you have panadol for Lakshman Prama? We gave it to Amber after her needles. She was a little feverish the night after the needles. We gave her some panadol and she was fine.

All is going well here with us.

hello to everyone.

Will be watching tonight Prama!!!

Bek, Noah has about 6 feeds in the 24 hr period, he isnt sleeping through the night at the moment last feed 9.30pm, next 1ish ,next 4ish

hi guys
    A Current Affair > The latest news on Australia's most current affairs click on Post Baby Bodies. Lakshman is the first baby with a hat on! hehe

I saw it last night and enjoyed seeing u again Prama. It was great info, but I'm so out of shape I doubt I could have kept up with the speed pramming! hahaha. U girls all looked pretty damn good for only just having had a baby. Dh and I are having a lot of problems and I am starting to sort out my escape plan. My counsellor is helping me and wants me to be prepared. He's emotionally, verbally and financially abusing me. Kat now speaks to me like he does and that is not on. Anyway, I may not be able to use the internet for a long time when it does happen (which I am suspecting will be in next couple of months). I will need to go to a refuge and organise housing etc for me and the kids. Just know I will be thinking of u all and wishing u all the very best.

Oh Kerrie
    I am so sorry that you and the girls and Bryce are having to go through this.
    I was in and out of refuges as a child with my mum and it was really tough on her.
    BUT on the 'bright' side (for want of a better word), I know that it will make you such a strong person. You will feel very empowered to come out of it.
    Be gentle with yourself and pop in when you can.

x

Bek H Guest

Hi KatKins,
    Im bek and im new to the forum, Im sorry to hear about the problems you are having, my partner and I are having the same issues as well. I saw before that you live in St Mary's area, do you still live out this way? If so I am only at Penrith and although you dont know me, if there is anything I could do or if you would just like someone to talk to closer to where you live, Im happy for that. My little man is Kody, he 11 weeks old. I wish you all the best though and hope things get better for you.

Bek, Yes I am still in St Marys. I am not sure for how long, as I am still biding my time till I am ready to leave him. I am meant to go back to work in June, but I don't trust my own husband to get up to Bryce or the girls if they cry in the night. He always simply told the girls to go back to sleep (which I don't agree with, but he is ALWAYS right). Bry is still a baby and I can't stand the thought he'll be hungry and screaming and being ignored. He's already trying to "train" him.
    Anyway I have to stop complaining. I have to just shut up till I get out. Just trying to work out how to do it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast