Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

DIsgirl - oh goodness!! Poor Jared big hugs to you and your family!! So glad you are home now. What a scary experience. Thats great he recovered fast thanks to your b/milk it's gold that stuff.

Runner - poor Amara. Hope her reflux goes soon. Is she on Losec tablets? They are so good for babies reflux.

Mummydeb & Gill - thank you girls! We're very proud of our cute little girl! That pic was taken about 4 days ago!

Mummydeb - sorry to hear of your panic attacks still... are they getting better? or do you have highs and lows?

Orange - hows your DD now?? Did you get 2nd opinion?

Well we've had a great day today. Ava has self settled herself really well today. Very proud of her. hopefully tomorrow will be the same! however we know how quickly babies change hehe

Have a good night everyone - talk soon. Getting my hair coloured tomorrow morning I can't wait!!! It hasn't been done for months!!!

Disgirl - poor Jared, hope you and your family are doing much better now

Mummydeb - hopoe those panic attacks aren't too disabling and you're able to get on top of things soon.
    Runner- hope Amara's reflux settles soon, sounds so awful for her and you

Well, after thinking that we were doing so well, seems like we've gone backwards. Owen is becoming more difficult to settle and last night woke 3 times, less than 4 hours between feeds. I didn't get much sleep and pretty tired today. He also hasn't been sleeping between feeds during the day and sometimes will only sleep for an hour and then gets overtired and cries non stop. I had read that it's almost impossible to get babies under 6 months to sleep longer, but at this stage I'm willing to try. Does anyone else have an issue with resettling? I had booked in to sleep school, but decided not to go ahead because we were doing so well and MCHN had discouraged it, but am now thinking about it again. He also woke at 5.30am a couple of mornings, again well before his next feed, meaning a very tired Mum.

Have a good night everyone.........

Hi Girls,

I have to make this a quick one as DH needs to take computer.

Disgirl: How scary for you. Glad Jared is ok.

I had a very scary experience myself and wanted to scare it in case it happend to anyone else. I was feeding Emily last night and in middle of feed put her on play mat until I got something. I heard a choking noise and looked over to see her with one of the hanging toys above her with its ribbons in her mouth and choking her. I rushed over and pulled her out from under it and she vomited and started screaming.
    She was totally fine after she calmed down but I wasn't. We often put her on the mat and sometime I leave her for 5 mins while I hang washing out. I just keep thinking of what might have been.

I am thinking of calling the company (tiny love) and letting them know. The toy is a hanging cylinder with a ducks head but has some ribbons hanging from the bottom. It is fine if you hang it high but we moved it to a lower part of the arch which caused the problem. I don't think itis the company's fault but there should be some sort of warning (or get rid of the ribbons)

Anyway just wanted to let you all know. Have to go now

me-lisa - how scary for you - thank goodness you were within earshot of bub - does the toy have any labelling sewn into it stating child should be supervised at all times etc? - I'd still contact the company even if they do - just to make them aware of maybe the length of the ribbons or any other dangling bits?

PS - i've changed my username from gill77 to Ella_Bear just in case you might be wondering who i am!!

Disgirl-Thanks so much for your birth story! It was a pleasure to read..good for you!!
    No not living in Revesby anymore which sucks as it would have been great to meet your sis. Living at Northmead now and I do know there are some mothers groups around so I am in the process of finding/joining one. Thanks for the advice!

(Sorry if this has been discussed before) Just a question for any ladies whose period has returned-I know most of you are breastfeeding so might not have had it yet, but has it been dramatically different for any of you?? I have just starded my second cycle since Caiden and sh*t it hurts!! Its soooooo heavy and lasts so much longer and the pain I have felt is nothingI have experienced when menstruating..I hope its not like this forever!

Ill be hanging around for the next 2 days or so..lots of fun!

x.x

Caiden's mummy - i've only had one cycle since giving birth and that was 6 weeks after giving birth - i think my cycle is out as im now going into my 6th week of not having had a period ( i am exclusively breastfeeding so not sure if that has anything to do with it) ...as for the pain, i have endometriosis so i was expecting to have a hell of a time but the first one wasnt bad at all - i will keep you posted when 2nd cycle decides to show her head!

Wow its quiet in here! - hope everyone is doing ok and bubs are well

im here we doing well,todays our 1 year anniversary since Nixons conception,almost to the hour too!!! lol awww maybe i should DTD again tonight n get knocked up n have another on his birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! AS IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    well not yet anyway...
    im off am tired n have a christening photography shoot in morning,its couch-spud time
    cheers bon

I'm just a wee bit busy right now. DH did a great job while Jared and I were in hospital, but he only did the washing and didn't sort, fold and iron so I'm trying to catch up on that as well as wash towels and sheets and stuff. Between doing that, having a nap, cooking a roast and feeding my little monster, I haven't had much time today. Ben slept for 6.5hrs today which is a bit crazy. He didn't have a good night last night. I'm so over these two year old molars! I'm starting to doubt they will ever come through!

Jared slept for seven hours and five hours last night - wow! I'm hoping it's not just because he's still fighting off his illness. I'm hoping it's here to stay

Shellsie, I know how you feel! I'm ringing sleep school tomorrow and am really hoping they can fit me in soon as Max has started only sleeping for 30-40 mins at a time during the day. It's hard to get him to sleep in the first place and then near on impossible to resettle him when he wakes up. But he's still tired! Anyway, my MCHN said last week that I should give the school a call but I thought I would give it a few more days and see how he went. The verdict is in that it's just getting worse, so first thing tomorrow I will be calling.

Me-lisa - Thanks for the warning. Your playmat sounds the same as the one we have, so I'll make sure I watch out for those ribbons.

Caidens - I think quite a few of us have posted our birth stories in the appropriate section. Have a browse through and you'll find them.

Dis - I'm glad poor Jared is getting better, and good luck getting through all that washing!

just a quick one from me as im wrecked

caidensmummy-yep im on my 2nd round of period and it hurts like hell and i even get a timge when ovulating,they wanted me to go on low-dose pill which i did but i went off it as when i got my period i had the worst migraines ever!!Also another issue im having is internal soreness,i did tear internally and had stitches but the last week its hurting or pulling,i think too i may have a bout of thrush(sorry tmi)

Gypsy79-yep i have a catnapper who hates day sleeping,he sleeps between 45 mins -2 and a bit hours,the 1st morning sleep is the shortest as its after his nightime one,we get him up tire him out and out him back down and he sleeps 2 hours-ish then,hes a bugger during the day but when he goes down he goes down fast,at night he cant make it past 730pm or hes feral,he wakes usually 1 hour later after being put down at night(tonight he hasnt)but he goes back to sleep fairly fast,the dummy is my pain but its the only thing that settles him,he has always been a bad self-settler from the getgo,he has followed his dads sleep n feed patterns from when he was a baby to a tee,hes sleeping from 730pm at night(we dreamfeed now at midnight as he lasts longer)then he wakes about 530am for a feed n back to sleep til 8am ish,,if his dummy dependence n catnapping continues we will look at sleep school.atm his sleeping is getting better n better and the fact he has reflux too doesnt help.
    anyway im off,tired after photographing christening/baptism today,we are now organising Nixon's as family from Italy are comign in August and dh's family would like it then when they here,i also have DH christening dress,awwww cant wait to see it,how spesh that my boy be christened in his daddy's outfit..
    ok chat soon
    bon

Hello everyone! Hope you a great weekend....sounds like it...was very quiet in here he he!!

Ren: How did the hair colour go? Great that Ava is self-settling! She is growing up!!

Shelsie: Hope you got some better sleep over the weekend....are you still thinking about booking into sleep school?

Gill: Love the name change!

Me-lisa: OMG about the choking....hope you are feeling better now! It really shakes you up when something like that happens doesn't it? I would contact the company...if it happens to someone else they may not be so lucky.

Dis: Sorry to hear about Jared. We had a 2 day stay with DD and that was traumatic enough, having a baby stay for a few days would be a different story. Sounds like your boys are on the mend now.....let's hope so anyway. Here's hopin g the sleep is here to stay (you sound very busy).

AJC: It was Sam's Christening this weekend wasn't it?? Hope it all went well.

Runner: Did you notice that my weight loss counter moved one place in the right direction?? YEAH! Congrats on your weight loss as well.

Gypsy: Hope you don't have to wait long to get into sleep school. Did things improve over the weekend?

Bon and Caidens: I have had 3 AFs now. The first was awful, second better and third quite pleasant. Only the first 2 were painful and really heavy. The third was really heavy for 1 day and lasted only 2 days...getting better. I have gone straight back to a regular cycle. Hope yours get better as time goes by.

Anyone heard from Jo??? Hope Caleb is doing well.

To everyone else: A big hello! Hope bubs are well.

AFM: We are all well and DD is much better thanks for asking. The temps went on for another couple of days. She fell off a chair and spear-headed the concrete on Friday which nearly resulted in another hospital trip but all is OK....just a HUGE black egg on her head....she had a bit of vertigo last week that went along with the temps. She is quite traumatised from the hospital experience and is afraid to go to sleep in her room now, so we are not pushing her atm. For now, sleep is more important...not how and where she sleeps.

ALSO: I went online and bought 12 items from Pumpkin Patch for $61 - mostly socks (3 packs) hats and tee shirts. Some items were $2.99 and the most expensive item I bought was $6.99. I am not sure if you all know but there is a website that has codes that you can enter in the main site for further discounts on some items and for other items that do not appear on the main site. It connects you to the main Pumpkin Patch....the savings are great! I got some items for half the advertised price on the main site. There is also a code for free delivery if you spend over $60....it expires tonight at midnight. There are a lot of items out of stock but still plenty of bargains to choose from if you are happy to shop out of season (mostly) and take the time to flick through. If you want the name of the site, PM me....you probably all know anyway he he!!

Have a good day, Linda

i think jo is in new zealand...ill sms her but last time i heard a few days ago caleb is back to the old caleb and they both doing well

Well, I've booked into sleep school but they can't fit us in until 27 May. Gee I hope things improve in the meantime. This morning I let Max cry for 20 mins (I went in every few mins to let him know I was still there) before I finally caved in and nursed him to sleep.

I think we might go shopping today - at least if I'm out and about I won't worry to much if he doesn't sleep. So long as he doesn't cry...

Orangefeather - you are SO good at doing all the personals to everyone!! what a super mum you are.........and you have lost some weight - EXCELLENT news - good on ya

Gypsy - it seems at this age of our babies, they are getting very smart and knowing sleep cues and protesting a bit. Amara has been crying for a few mins as I start to put her to bed - I am tempted to stay, but don't, BUT after 20 mins? yes, I would do what you did, so don't feel bad about that! I hope the sleep school works out.

soniebon -sorry to hear you are so tired. I am thinking that my AF is coming soon too - just noticing some changes down there, thats all. I hope I am wrong however, it can stay away as long as it wants!

Amara is 12 weeks old this week - wow. She is going to see the Community Nurse tomorrow. Still cannot believe sometimes that I have a daughter and a son...I feel blessed.

yesterday, we got a babysitter we know to look after both of them for 3 hours in the morning!! Hubby and I were going to go swimming/riding but he was too tired so instead we did a local market, spent money on baby girls clothes and then had a yummy breakfast overlooking the ocean. Very nice. we will be doing that again soon. The whole time, Amara was asleep and Logan had a good play.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! looks like it's been quiet in here!

Orange: Good to hear DD is on the mend after her fall - as for the sleeping, im with you, as long as they are getting it doesnt matter how or where ! - Re your AF - are/were you exclusively bfeeding - i cant remember if that makes a difference in AF returning to a "normal" cycle? - im just worried i havent had AF since the first time which was 7 weeks ago now - and nope im def not UTD!

Shelsie: How is the sleeping going, are you still looking to go to a sleep school?

Dis: Hope Jared is faring better and you are getting some kind of rest - easier said than done id imagine!

MummyDeb: How are the panic attacks, hope you are doing better

Big to everyone else - hope u and bubs are all well

Ella_Bear: I have bottle fed Dash from birth....so after I finished bleeding from his birth, my AF returned. I've heard that your AF takes longer to return (in some women) when breastfeeding. Would hate to give you any answers when I really don't know much about BF he he. Hope that helps.

i have the catnapper today,lucky to get an hours sleep at a time and not eating a lot,morning bottle he had 160ml...think thats why he was full...just had another 60 ml at 11 and now hungry n ate 140ml all up,hes fighting going to sleep cos overtired,hope hes down longer than an hour,im buggered n got shyt loads to do

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast