Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 16th ~ 31st 2009 #2

Woohoo!!!!! Ava self-settled herself..... this has only happened a few times. Most of the time I need to hold her and pat her to sleep.

She fed, then we played for 40mins on her mat and then she let me know she'd had enough and was yawning so I picked her up without talking, took her into our bedroom that is quite dark and wrapped her put her down and walked out. She then cried out so I went in to her and patted her on her tummy and rocked the hammock and then walked out when she was calm. Few mins later she called out to me but I waited.... and then heard nothing.... 5mins later walked in and she's asleep!!!! Yeah. That's what I'm talking about..... wish that could happen every time!!! I think most the time I miss her tired cue's and she gets overtired....

Disgirl - good on you for going to the gym! Who looks' after the boys? Your DH? Or is there a creche?
    MelA - the HAB is great huh!!! Yeah the house gets a bit dull after a while.... I go out 3 days a week and try to stay home 2 days a week (like today and tomorrow i stay home) even if it's just to the shops to get a few things makes me feel good.
    Soph - yeah i've noticed A has been feeding so much more proficiently (is that the word?) now and faster. She seems full after just 20mins sometimes and even has a little vomit!!! I used to sit for up to one hour sometimes a bit more!!

Jo & Bon - I got the "secrets of the baby whisperer" book off Ebay. Reading it now.... it seems really good!!!!! We are now looking for more routine.

A is 2mths old today!!!!

Woops double post

hi gang
    last night went to sleep after a bit of a cry,today brings a different day,
    he has reflux,hence tge sleeping/feeding/grizzling...hes been spitting up his feeds and today smelled acidy n lumpy,even the dummy smelled acidly and he slightly coughing
    we going back to doc again,3 times this week,til then i got some reflux formula n jo has
    put me onto infant gaviscon so be going tonight to get some..
    he slept this arvo for 3 hours after i had to cuddle him to sleep then put him in my bed upright on pillows,we all had good sleep...
    see how tonight goes
    bon

Bon....Dash has a few day sleeps in his bouncer so he is proped up, he sleeps quite comfortably in there. I put a pillow or two behind it to stop it from bouncing (not good for reflux bubs).

Happy 2 months Ava!!

Nix went down early,last bottle didnt vomit anything n had full feed,bottle before that only 5oml,he slept 3 hours from 2-5pm,had to cuddle then put him down,then woke went bak to sleep at 630pm,slept til 830pm,had to cuddle to sleep as he real bad after that bottle,then at 930pm had full bottle went straight in bassinette asleep in 5 mins,no dummy no 45 min catnapping,he must be buggered as he didnt sleep well during day...its midnight and i need to go sleep.im wide awake as i had nana-nap today late arvo,we are going to docs in morning to confirm it reflux or not..
    i was a bit out of sorts myself today,had a few cries,tough day today,tomorrows a new day,,having my friend over she gonna babysit whilst i go do a job n go shopping,oh the things we take for granted...hehe

Orange - thanks hun!!! I can't believe my little girl is 2mths!!! Wow.....

Yesterday I focused on nothing but reading DD's tired cue's and she slept really well during the day!! I put her down as soon as she seemed tired and usually she'd just go to sleep on her own.... I'm so proud of her and proud of me for reading her cue's better!!! And just this morning.... she went down on her own at 730am after being awake since 6am... no fussing she just went down awake and fell asleep 10mins later!!!! I'm so happy!!!! Finally, it doesn't seem as if I need to hold her and rock her and pat her to sleep as much anymore....! It's kinda sad in a way though as I love the cuddles but I do want her to be good at self settling I feel it's important.

Bon - hang in there you are doing great!!

Everyone has been so quiet in here?!?!? Anyway must go and do some things before the hairdresser arrives! I have a hairdresser (mobile one) coming over to cut my hair!!!

A hair cut sounds great. I need to find a good new hairdresser in my area, as mine is in the city.

I had my first XXX wax after the birth. wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, apart from the sensitive skin. I was all red and dotty till the next day. That hasn't happened before.

Oh ren fab idea with the mobile hairdresser! And well done on Ava and self settling H just gets fed to sleep and prob always will (till he's 18 or so anyway )

Bon - when are you going to docs? Hope you got some sleep last night

Got a stinking cold, alll the kids do too.

But upside is school hols start today DH is a teacher. I'm off to Tassie (I'm from there originally) on Tuesday just with H, until Sunday. Have a friends wedding. Will be so much fun and so nice just with Henry! Looking foward to a break. Can spend time just with him which will be lovely.

He slept 5.5 hours last night straight V happy with that. If he does that every night then I'm a happy mumma. Then went down after feed/burp/change till 5.30 (takes an hour to do all that!). He's been getting into a bit of a havit (touch wood) of going back down about 7ish till about 8/9 which is great - means I can get organised to head out of the house then which we do every day. He generally only does 1 sleep cycle during the day though......actually should check on him.....40 mins about up!

Well, I'm over this night time waking thing! Max went from going anywhere between 4-6 hours (with one 8 hour thrown in for good measure!) to now only sleeping 3 hour stretches at night. I'm getting really tired again, only now he doesn't sleep as long during the day (especially at night) so I can't really nanna nap.

Tried him on formula last night for first time to see if it filled him up a bit more, but no good. Oh well...

On another note, we had his immunisations today. Poor kid Actually, he was really good. Cried a fair bit when they got done, but I stuck him on the boob and he settled down after a few mins and then slept a couple of hours. Has been a little more sooky than usual this arvo, but is generally still pretty happy. Phew!

Bon - Hope doc visit went ok and you've got some answers abotu Nixon's poor sleeping.

Soph - Don't know how you do it, getting out of the house every day so early in the day! I guess by number 3 you've probably become an expert though!

Birthday party for me tomorrow night - yay! Only I don't think I'll be drinking, after Max's recent performance with bottles. Ah well, there's worse things in the world. Will still be a good night.

Soph - have a great time in Tassie! I would love to go there.... one day.... ! Enjoy the wedding.
    It was DH's idea to get a mobile hairdresser out to our house! He's an ideas man isn't he? hehe I got about 15cm off the length of my hair and got layers in. It's been 4mths since I had a haircut I think!! It was about time. Feels so light and healthy now. Only cost $30 too!! And I've booked her in for my foils in 3wks time.... didn't want to get them done today incase she didn't seem very good!! but I like her. Mobile hairdressers are cheaper than salon ones'!!!

Gypsy- don't worry, most nights DD sleeps 4-6hrs straight but a few nights there she was waking every 2-3hrs I was sooo tired!!! I find there are good nights and bad nights.... just try and stick it out... growth spurts and developmental stages affect their sleep big time and I don't think there is much we can do about it just ride with it for now.... I hope you get some sleep tonight

Well, I'm STILL having issues with Breastfeeding My L nipple is flat and DD just doesn't always want to feed from it!! It's so hard when out in public she cracks up big time so to make it smoother bfeeding in public I just feed from R side.... she feeds ok from L side when i'm lying down at home but not in the cradle position.....still trying to figure it out what is wrong with her not wanting it now and then i have to express to ensure my supply stays up!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Happy Naming Day Dash!!! (For Saturday)

Ren - I have flat nipples too. I found with Ned and Henry that they both preferred one side and found the other really hard and like you would just feed from the 'good' side in public. But fter a while when Ned got bigger (and starting tobe with H too) the bad side got better and better and nowwe almost all prefer it! So keep persisting, it will gt easier - you're doing an awesome job!

Gypsy - the sleep thing always changes and hopefully for all of us good nights will start to outweigh the bad.

Happy naming day Dash - have fun

just a quick note right now to say hello to you all !!

Amara is having a little bit of unsettleness because of her vaccinations on thursday - but not too bad really. she is self settling well and is a happy baby. Her big brother cannot wait to play with her when she wakes....so cute.

I did my long run this morning and it was soooo humid here on the Gold Coast - did almost 17kms and boy am I ready to completely crash now. I have only 3 months until the half marathon so today showed me that I can do the distance (21.1kms) so now I just need to work up a bit more speed.

Amara rolled over yesterday from front to back !!!!! At 8 weeks I thought this is just great.

well, sorry for no personals, I will do some soon I promise!
    oh, p.s. I am starting to use cloth nappies most of the time during the day now!!

Runner mum - hey! What cloth nappies have you got? We are using our's more now too seeing as they fit her now... they were way too big before We have babybeehinds, Peapods and Cushie Tushie's.
    Well done to Amara for rolling over!!! WOW!!! that is early! Ava has done half rolls and sometimes when she's on a sloped surface like on the couch she can roll over hehe but that's not really considered rolling over yet as it's not on a flat surface hehe

Soph - it seems to be such a common problem with Bf'ing where the baby prefers one side hey? Thanks for your support I appreciate it.

Well, we went shopping today and poor Ava was wide awake and alert from all the stimulation around her and she wouldn't settle in her Hug-a-bub or in the car so it was a tiring day.. she is finally down now YAY. Should sleep til 930pm and i'll wake her for a feed then put her back down and go to bed... thats the plan.
    I breastfed in the foodcourt today at a major shopping centre with DH's help. VERY proud of myself.
    I got myself a new maternity bra today as I didn't have enough and bought some new sunglasses finally found a pair I love....!!! My other sunglasses were just so yuck and worn out....off to the in-laws for lunch tomorrow so that should be good and they can have some cuddles with Miss Ava.

Ava is asleep so DH and I are going to jump in the spa!!!!! Aaahhh.... relaxing.....

Have a nice evening everyone!!!

OMG where has everyone gone?!!? Is there something going on that I don't know about.....

This isn't like our thread to be this quiet!

No news here just wanted to see what everyone has been up to! But obviously nothing!

Ren.....I haven't been able to get into the site - something about database error!! Anyway, will bbl to tell you about how the naming day went.

Ren - I tried to log on yesterday and couldn't get in, so maybe it was a widespread problem...

Well, my party on Sat night went well. We tried Max on a bottle again but he wasn't real interested, so not much drinking for me. It was probably a good thing though, as at least I didn't have a headache to go with the extreme tiredness yesterday. Poor bub though - he hardly slept (except for in someone's arms) from about 4pm till about 1am.

Orange - I hope Dash's naming day went well. We're having Max christened on 31 May - I can't wait!

Well, my load of washing just finished so I better go and hang it out. I don't know how I'm going to get everything dry now that the weather has turned. Might have to start using the drier a bit more I think.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast