Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #2

Sorry Enigma... missed your post... awww! I know what it's like to love/resent your DH at the same time... I often feel that way too, especially when I see him sleeping deeply night after night as I'm up and down with Niall... but then as soon as he can he keeps the other 2 kids quiet for hours whilst I catch up... and last night he took them both grocery shopping which is hard while i stayed home and posted on BB. Hey don't forget that you ARE still hormonal! Your levels are still settling down. Just make sure when you get a chance to tell your DH how much you appreciate his efforts... he sounds like a sweetie... hope his butt/back are ok!

Just got a sms reply from CeeCee's DH: He gave a phone number to call her at a hospital (!?) and said that she misses us heaps.

She lives in Sydney so unfortunately an long distance phone call to the hospital isn't possible.... hope Christy is in contact. I wonder why she's still there? Hope everything's ok... now I'm worrying even more!

Thanks Bath for telling me I can still blame the hormones
    I sent him off to bed... he limped into the room so I hope he hasnt done some serious damage..

what!? CeeCee's still in hospital?? ..hmm How long ago did she give birth?? I hope everything is ok , I didnt sms her because I wanted her to settle in ( I know how unusual the first few days are )
    .. Im keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok !

ETA - its been 5 days since the birth , maybe she had a C-section and thats why she's in there for that long?? I was in hosp. for 3 days - but if it had been a c-section it would have been 5
    Last edited by enigma; July 10th, 2006 at 09:59 AM.

Tanya if Lucas cries when having a bath you could try putting the washer on his tummy and it should settle him down, this is what I've done with three of my kids and it seems to stop their crying straight away.

Jess sorry to hear about DH and yourself, but if thats what needs to be done then I hope it gets you what you want. Try not to stress to much and vent as much as you need.

Dee I can't believe that woman at the shops, I would have said something more then you did, you were more restrained then I (hugs).

Well I went to the MCHN on Friday and Cody is now 3754g, length 53.5cm. I also got told that he hasn't put on enough weight since he was born only 444g in 5 weeks but the thing is that at week 1 he only weight 3050g so he has been gaining slowly. So now I have to go in weekly for a while so they can keep an eye on his weight gain. Luckily in the last few days he has been more settled at night so I'm getting more sleep and feeling more human like.

Nic Bath mentioned that you went to a clairvoyant how did you find it? I'm planning on getting a reading done this week hopefully.

hugs xoxo

the clarvoyant was good, i still have to listen to the tape again to remember what she said. some things i thought she was way off or not making much sence so i will have to listen back in time to come and see if things have changed.
    she picked i had a baby boy, she said he will LOVE animals and be devastated when his pets die, she said dont be surprised if he brings home an elephant from the zoo he just loves animals and will teach us about nature!! she said he will make a lot of money too but wont care to much for money.
    she said DH i need to communicate more (True) and i need to stop being so serious (DHells me this all the time)
    i went with my friend whos pg with twins and she was adamit she is having one of each but she found out last week she is having twin girls, so it will be interesting to see the outcome there!

Tanya- i agree with the face washer on Lucas' belly. Hospital showed us this and we still do it, Nixon likes the bath and the face washer is a comforting thing i think.
    Also dont be so hard on yourself, Lucas isnt even a week old! I am talking of excerise now but Nixon will be 3 months old next week! Venture out with him when YOU feel comfortable to do so. dont pressure yourslef into doing it if your not ready to.

Enigma- Hope DH is ok! maybe you could try and find another way to settle Aneta just till you have a chance to get out and get another

CeeCee may have had a c/section we do not know do we? I was in hosp for 6 days. Even if she didnt if she is a private patient she may be staying 5 days.

Hey everyone - have been reading but not posting as life is still one disaster after another.

I have had a sick toddler now for two weeks and entering the third. He got so bad at the end of last week he ended up in hospital for 48hours but is out again although barely improved. Luckily Samuel hasn't got anything other than the slightest of colds but with the toddler in isolation I couldn't have Sam at the hospital luckily mum was here to feed him.

We move to Townsville in 5 weeks and how I'm going to be ready I'll never know - thankfully we get everything packed by removalists so if worst comes to worst I jsut take all our junk with us and clean out at that end.

My dad has a decision on his treatment methods for his prostate and is staying as positive as can be expected so hopefully all will go well although we won't know anything until next year (his is not operable - radiation style treatments are the only option). They have headed home to get this underway.

DH's work is still crazy - they even had the gall while DS was in hospital (and they knew it) to demand he do something that in reality someone else could have managed (or waited 24hrs for).

Good to see everyone is pretty settled in (as much as you can with little ones)

Hope CC's ok.

IK - great going with the BF.

Enigma - don't be too hard on yourself - you are still hormonal - try and find time to have a chat with DH.

Jess - sorry to hear about DH - hope everything works out for you

Anyway can't hang around too long thought I should just drop in and say hi and fill you guys in and let you know I'm keeping up to date just don't get time to reply too much

Tanya just had a look at your pics of Lucas, hes very cute.

Nickers that sounds good, I don't think that they get everything 100% right, but what she said about Nixon sounds really positive, I hope that you are looking forward to a house full of animals.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; July 10th, 2006 at 01:25 PM.

Just back from MCHN appointment... went well... this nurse seems very reasonable She had nothing to worry me with anyhow because Niall has gained nearly 800gms in 2 weeks! And 2cm in length! Making him slightly above average for weight and average for length. She also seemed more concerned about the trauma of my mother's visit and didn't make me feel rushed (I was there for 40 mins!)... a very different experience to the nurse i had with Wade so I might actually look forward to these visits for the first time ever! Good to see you again Jaspen back later....

Hi girls, How was everyones day. I have had a booby day, it seems like i have done is feed Nathan, go that growth spurt. DD3 went back to Kindy today and 1&2 go back to school tomorrow. Well I've enjoyed the holidays and can't wait for sept hollies. I am taking the kids to Charters Towers for a good week with the grandparents. SIL informs me she is coming too. But I really can't wait for chrissy holidays as we are spending a week at Treasure Island resort on the Gold Coast. Yay. I love holidays.

Well we have had a pretty good night/ dayhere today. Tori seems to be much more settled now, she has started being a bit more spewy than she was but doesnt seem to suffer to much with wind which is great.
    I went and did battle witht eh crowds at centrelink today- trying to get all the newborn stuff sorted out, and even though I did the whole lot online I still had to go in and wait in a queue and then wait to see someone..........grrrr, oh well hopefully it is the only time that we will actualley have to go in there.
    I had my first (very quick) outing without Tori today and it felt really weird, I think thing I noticed most was that since I have been noticebly pregnant and then out with a baby in the pram everyone seems to notice you, but when Iwas out by myself, I was just another face in the crowd, and it just felt weird.
    I am very excited because I have just booked and paid for our Trip to Bali in October, we are taking Tori over to see MIL who lives over there with her partner, I was a little weary at first of taking a baby to Bali, but as we are staying at MIL house I figured it shouldnt be too bad, and it will be nice for me to go on a holiday that isnt during school holidays for a change.

Bath- Great to hear that Niall is doing well, I think the personality/ attitude of the MCHN can make all the difference to a mother. I am also lucky that I have a very supportive caring MCHN and she just makes me feel right at ease.

Tanya- Great to hear about Lucas' weight gain too, he is doing really well. Also great to hear that you are feeling good and coping well, good luck getting out the house today, you will be amazed what a walk around the block can do for you.

Jaspen- Good to hear from you, sorry to hear that you have a sick toddler, fingers crossed that whatever is wrong passes soon. I so sympathise with you about having to move house, after the dramas we went through when we moved last I would be happy if we never had to do it again, at least you are getting removalists in to pack and move you, and if you dont get to clearing out your junk dont worry about it, I am sure that when you get to the other end you can sort it as you unpack it.

Nic- I have always been in two minds about visiting a clarvoyant part of me wants to know what they can see for me and the other part of me doesnt, so I am glad that you had a good experience with the one that you saw, it sounds as though she has predicted some nice things for Nixon in his future.

Amanda- try not to stress to much about Cody's weight gain, so long as he is a happy and content baby I am sure that he will play catch up when he is ready.

Enigma- Try not to be too hard on yourself for your emotional state, I think we can all sympathise with the rollercoaster ride that you are on at the moment. I hope that your DH is ok. Maybe the two of you need to try and spend a bit of time together, even if it is just a walk around the block- Iknow how hard it is to find time for your partner when you have a newborn demanding your attention all the time.

Thinking of Cee_cee, hopefully she is home soon and we can hear all about how things went.

Anyway I am off to the kitchen, I really feel like cooking dinner tonight, it has been a while since we have had anything but reheated dinners from the freezer. Cooking Surf and Turf tonight..........really need the red meat to help build up my iron.

Everyone seems to be tracking relatively well!
    Oscar and I had our first walking trip to the local shops today...with dog in tow. Apart from some early lessons for Odin in not pulling too far away from the pram, he did really well, and Oscar settled into the ride after an initial cry. I bought a bottle of Metamucil from the chemist cos the little supermarket doesn't stock it...cost $5 more than in a big supermarket, but I saved that money on petrol (and any extras I would have been tempted to buy had I driven to bigger shops) by taking the walk. Thanks again, Bathsheba, for the heads up about Metamucil - It's made life a whole lot easier!!
    BFing is still on the improve, we're getting there
    I'm taking Bath's tack and not worrying about weight gain - mainly cos I got supply for the third world and this money is nearly out of his 0000 clothes. Same with me,
    I don't know how much I put on during pg or how much I've lost since - I got clothes as my gauge! I'm back in my jeans, but they were getting loose before pg and I wore them till early April (with top buttons undone!). Anyway, the maternal nurse us happy with his progress and I'm not paying too much attention to the stats.
    DP, turns out, is frustrated that I haven't been getting out of the house, but I'm happy hanging out with Oscar here. My walk today should make DP feel better! I got teary again last night, but I'm pretty sure it's the lack of sleep thing at play, mostly.
    Better go and tend to this boy...

Ali - are you north or south of the river ? which centrelink did you go to? I spent half my day at centrelink today aswell , dont tell me we were in the same place AGAIN hehe... My centrelink branch is Spearwood
    Actually Tanya are you north or south of river?? Ive been meaning to ask you both

IK - well done for the outing , its so nice to hear when other Junies go out for outings , I FINALLY took Aneta for a walk by myself yesterday , was walking with my head held high with pride.. wanted to shout Look At Me!! I Have A Daughter !... But no one was around to acknowledge my accomplishment ...hows the bf going? Easier now?

Candy - So good to hear that Ryan sleeps through the night.. music to my ears hehe.. I cant really complain either , lately Aneta only wakes once during the night for a feed and DH always makes sure its him who feeds her so I can sleep till at least 5am

Jaspen - its really nice to have you on board again Im sorry to hear about your toddler and that your moving house now , hopefully all will sort itself out soon. Thinking of you - remember to find time for us Junies , we are here for vents if need be

Bath - how much does Niall weigh now?? Aneta was 3.2kg @ birth , then she lost some , then she gained a big amount a week after birth , but we havent had her weighed since . Must do that.

Nickers - sounds like you've got urself a future vet My mum went to a clairvoyant a few years ago and she told her that within 5 years I would be pregnant and give birth to a daughter. I laughed so much when my mum told me. That was 4 years ago .. and my daughter is now sleeping soundly in the next room... Wish I still had that womans phone number

Dee - lucky you about that holiday!.. take me too!! Ill babysit for you hehe

As for me , well im off to the gp on wednesday because im getting really bad back pain going from the spot where the epidural was inserted right across my back down my butt and left leg I had to give Aneta to my sister to hold today for awhile because it was so bad... hope its nothing serious , I have these 2 lumps in my vein aswell , about 5cm from where the IV was.. ahh the joys of childbirth hehe
    DH is now resting his back. And I purchased a new fitness ball - the emergency is over.. phew! ..
    But seriously girls , since I discovered bouncing on the fitness ball with Aneta .. I havent heard her cry.. Im going to stock up on them hehe

Thinking of CC....
    A big hello to everyone else and your little treasures!!

Enigma - having had many an IV in life I have had numerous lumps in the IV veins over time (sometimes quite painful) - I was prescribed Hirudoid as a child to rub on it. These days it's sold over the counter as a bruise and swelling reducing cream. Get it checked by your doc but just thought I'd mention this in case you need something in between times. Can't help with the epidural site though.

Thanks a lot Jaspen ! I was actually getting worried it might be small blood clots or something.. I'll go to the chemist tommorow and ask for Hirudoid
    phew! good to hear its normal

Enigma- I am in Morley, we basically live right by the galleria, so nope we weren't in the same place again- would have been quitea laugh if we were though!!
    I also had a lump in my wrist close to where my IV was, but it seems to have sorted itself out in the kast few days.

Hello ladies
    Well thank you all for the kind wishes.We have basically decided that DH will leave in about 3 weeks depending if the van can get roadworthied by then.Mum should be home from Mackay by then and then everything will start going to plan.
    Patrick was weighed today and he put on 260g, so that makes him 3280g.I am so proud of him!!!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi girls,
    sorry have not read personals, just wanted to let you all know that I thought of you all every day - Enigma, thanks for the texts, the number 2 on my phone did not work so I could not text back, but I knew you were all there with me...

just got back home - what a harrowing experience!

birth was 33 hours, 21 in labor ward (trasnfered from birthing center), gas,peth, epi, then finally sucked out but she is so perfect that I'm still crying just thinking about how much I love her...

She is in perfect health i will send you all photos tommorrow - need to have a sleep...

nipples are so cracked and are bleeding a lot, I have to 'rest' them and use a combo of formula and express until they stop bleeding but they recognised today that it is her and not me and now we are using a nipple sheld and things have improved so much that I was allows to go home tonight....so here I am - yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope your all well, look forward to catching up.

luv
    CC & Alexandra Jayne

Congrats CC and welcome to Alexandra.
    We were starting to worry about you luv. Good to hear that you both are home!

Cee Cee - I'm so glad she came out ok, no matter how it was that she eventually had to be coaxed out! I know about the crying so much from love. YOu know those work email thingies you get that ask a million questions and one is always "ever loved someone so much you cried?", well, I've always answered no, till now I was in tears one day and DP asked what was wrong. I told him he'd laugh at me, but he asked again anyway. I said "I love him so much" in between sobs! It's not just hormones, it's pretty real.
    Anyway, gonna try to get to bed before midnight, so catch you all tomorrow, I hope!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast