Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #32

Hi all

CONGRATULATIONS NICKERS! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Well I had a friend who started TTC #2 straight away 'cause she wanted to get her baby years out of the way all at once. I lost contact with her but she seemed to handle it well. Each to their own I say. People are asking us when we're having another already and we just say "Can't afford it!" Also I don't want to go through that again 'cause there will be no one to look after Aleise whilst I'm sick with #2!!

I've been MIA too 'cause we've had problems with net connection. Had to have software re-installed. Spent about 1 hour catching up.. gee you girls can talk!!

Got an email from *S* and she said she's doing okay and had some puter probs too. Anyone else heard from her? Email me if you have [email protected]

Will try some personals now.. sorry if I've missed anyone in the process but I haven't been able to get online lately.

Nickel: $300 dental bill was for me darls! My health fund doesn't pay much on dental care and I think I should drop out of extras! However Aleise may need braces etc down the track so maybe not!

Mel: Well I was hoping to have lost at least 2kg by now but I've cut down on chocolate I can't give it up all together or I'd be a total cow! I'm a chocoholic something shocking! I hope to loose at least 10kg by my brother's wedding (Also April) so here's hoping! Oh and we don't leave for our holiday until 27 March so we should catch up. You leaving this week?

Dee (7th): Which QUT campus you at? I'm at Gardens Point in Brisbane City and will be there Tuesdays from 27 Feb. Willbe good to see you if you're at the same uni!
    What degree you doing? I'm finishing my HR degree and have 9 more subjects to go.

IK: I understand about the bottles gift for your g/f at her baby shower. I'm sure the giver didn't mean anything by it (by insisting she feed one way or another). Your g/f could always use bottles for EBF just in case. Unless she sells them on ebay or something. I was planning to BF and it couldn't be so there's no guarantee that we all can and its good to have a plan B sometimes. I would've given a voucher or something though. And buying formula is not something you should do without consulting your paediatrician first anyway!

Bath: Sorry to get Wade mixed up with Amanda.. she has a boy Wyatt, Maybe they'r both toilet training atm? I'm soooo far behind its not funny!

Okay well a quick update on Aleise. She too blows raspberries and has been doing so for about 2 months. She's now trying to get up on all fours and rock back and forth but not doing much else. She also claps her hands and thinks she's rather clever (who am I to argue otherwise). I love the comment on the bubbas being "floor polishers" as she is definately one of those! REmember the Kitkat add "baby mop" where the German mum had her baby covered in a mop costume so she had time to eat the Kitkat? Mmm now there's a thought!
    I think she's getting her top teeth too as she's chewing everything! She loves her solids so much (she's on brekky, lunch and dinner now) she whinges if I miss it!

Well better get some work done whilst she's still asleep.

Valentines day: I hope I get chocolates as it would be the only excuse to splurge now I'm on WW!

Hi to all and sorry for not more detailed personals but its hard catching up after a week!

Chat again soon.
    *Hugs*

Good morning... wow! for once it's ME saying "you've all been so chatty lately"! LOL I read the thread while Niall was napping and almost the second I finished reading he woke up! He's crawling around looking for chords to yank too so this will have to be quick.
    regarding the age gap and relationship issues: I love how there are so many points of view in here I'm sure some of us might not agree with everything that is said but like somebody said, we've all known each other for so long now we should know that we aren't intending to offend. Having kids close or far apart has about an equal list of pros and cons I reckon. I made a list once... wonder where it went LOL Anyhow I've kinda got both situations and I find it good and challenging for all the reasons I listed. I think the kinds of things that can make either choice work or not work are stuff like the support of extended family, the helath of your relationship, money issues, physical health and age of the parents, personalities of the children... to name a few. Anyhow, like IK, a very close gap isn't for me (mainly because we don't have the support of extended family and our financial resources can't stretch to buy 2 of everything that you need when you have babies close together... two cots/two highchairs/double pram etc. So we timed our 3rd child so that Wade would have not needed those items by the time our third did. BUT if we lived closer to extended family we could have borrowed those extra items and the idea of having them closer would have been appealing. HOWEVER I am so happy for you Nic and look forward to sharing your journey sooo much because I'm so clucky and a bit sad that Niall is my last. Regarding rocky relationships: someone said that couples should take turns in being the stable supportive one and the one needing support... that's very true...well that's at least how my DH and I function. I like the balanced perspective IK gave too Donna... take stock of your relationship but also realise that this is such a fragile time for the both of you, so keep that in mind. I agree that the male of the species does have a greater tendency toward only seeing life from their perspective however there should be signs of this improving as they age and change with the arrival of children. My DH has changed enormously over the past 12 years, for the better. Now I would say that his level of consideration is pretty much equal to my own. Unfortunately this isn't always the case with other relationships: my sis has been married for the same ammount of time but her DH is just the same: still needs to drink at the pub nearly every night after work and have all the big expensive "boys toys" (water skiing equipment etc) despite their precarious financial situation.... plus he will take himself off skiing with very little warning or care for the fact that my poor sis has to stay at home with the kids all weekend She consols herself with the thought that "all men are like that" but they aren't meant to be... they are meant to change... we are all meant to change.... it's when people don't that it becomes a concern.

2 needy boys now... BBL.

Hi Girls, Neeny, I'm external, makes my life alot easier with no set timetable. But I'm going through Kelvin Grove. I went out there the other day, my mind boggles, I am such a country chick. lol. It's really good. I'm going back next week on M T W for O Week lectures and to get free stuff, lol.
    Bath it's sad when some men just don't grow up, isn't it? I thank goodness that Michael is such a hands on Dad and husband. I miss him already, he went back out to work today, he'll be back on the 1st March.
    EDT: sorry Neeny I'm doing a Grad Dip of Ed and next year I will continue into the Grad B of Ed. I'm doing Early childhood. I can be registered at the end of this year and out teaching next year (if I can get a job) and do the bachelor while inservice.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 12th, 2007 at 12:51 PM.

Speaking of hands on, I just got back from my ride (great, by the way!) and the boy with our boy is gone...probably to his mum's, cos the dog's also gone but not the car! I'm gonna have a shower before they come back and DP throws Oscar in with me...
    Nice warm day here, not too hot, what to wear once I'm showered???

Hi girls - back to my normal self again

MCHN appointment went well - Flynn is growing well and nurse said not to be concerned about his milk intake (said that at this age 600mls is more than ample, many bubs drink this within a few minutes of feeding each day). At least I know Flynn is not waking from hunger - despite having half a feed of formula he still woke at 112.30, 2.30, 4am and 6am. Ah well! Health nurse said this amount of waking is normal enough and if we can handle it without controlled crying then it is worth sticking it out - she said it is easier when you can reason with them than mum and dad are not going to leave him and it is ok to go back to sleep.

I feel better cause I had a bit more sleep and have got a bit of housework done. Nickel, I hadn't thought of myself as a control freak but I am one - I feel secure when things are "done" IYKWIM!! I think also I had such an easy pregnancy, birth and first few months with Flynn that now I am facing a real baby (as opposed the the fake baby I used to have LOL!!) I am going through the shock that most new mothers experience in the early days.

Better keep moving - must make hay while the bag o' rats sleeps

Hi girls - I missed a whole day again!!!! Not my fault this time. We went to a party in the early afternoon yesterday and got home at 5pm and power was out. Well it didn't go back on until 12.30am!!!! I was ringing TRU energy every hour and they kept changing the time it would be restored. It was horrible sitting in the dark trying to read the paper by candle light (not good for the eyes!). Chelsea was so annoyed that I couldn't read her a story, I said I would tell her one but she said it was not the same! Being such a TV junkie, it was so hard not to have the TV! Wanted to watch the news but missed that. Thankfully I have gas cooking. Chelsea had swimming this morning and got her Pink Certificate which means she can tread water unaided for 30 secs, she can kick on her front with a kickboard for 3 metres, she can lay back and kick for 3 metres and climb out of the pool without using the ladder. The next level is learning to dive and retrieve things plus further practice of strokes. I am very proud of her, she is doing so well!

Nic - you guys sound like you have discussed and decided on a close age gap. Good on you. At least it wasn't a nasty shock to realise on 18 mths gap LOL!!! There are so many pros and cons for close age gap or longer age gap. Everyone makes the decision that is right for them - I still don't know what gap I want between Marley and #3. Sometimes the gap b/w Chelsea and Marley is too big. Chelsea gets very bored with her as she can't really do much, but on the other hand, Chelsea is very helpful and can assist me with getting nappies etc.

Bath - sorry to hear the boys aren't well. I hope they are both feeling better today. The MMR sometimes knocks them around and they say the needle really hurts when they do it, something about the consistency of the liquid.

Dee - I am sure the stress of organising a wedding is adding to the conflict. Both take a step back and as I tell Chelsea if she is about to get angry "take a big, deep breath". Your dress sounds beautiful too!

Rory - sorry to hear you have been a bit flat lately. Good to hear you are feeling more like yourself again. Good news about Flynn - you are still giving him the good stuff and he is doing well!!!! Bummer about the waking though, you must be tired and that is probably not helping how you feel. Have a quick whisper in his ear and ask for a good nights sleep please LOL!!!!

Neeny - we leave on Sunday 25th Feb! Less than 2 weeks away - yipeeeeee!!

Nickel - eczema is doing brilliant since I have been given a new cream. Its a miracle cream. Still going to see the paed allergist to make sure she is not allergic to anything else. Thanks for thinking of me though!

7th - my DH is very much like yours, a hands on dad. He does lots around the house too when he is home but shift work can be a pain. How do you manage with him away for so long? I can imagine you would miss him terribly.

Sorry if I have missed anyone, I hate trying to catch up on lots of posts! Bloody power failure!

Rory - it's amazing how different things seem in the morning! Sometimes it's not fair, cos I waste a lot of effort being very dramatic...and then in the cold light of day...LOL!
    Great that Flynn is travelling well. It must be a relief to know that he's been getting all he needs this whole time, even though you were worried about it My appointment's next week and I have no idea what to anticipate that she'll tell me - overweight, underweight, not responsive enough (you got me thinking about that clapping thing the other week, Rory!) etc. But I feel he is fine and I am more than happy with him. But I'm not a MCHN!
    Neeny - yeah, you have a point about having a bottle, just in case (I have two, one I bought myself, precisely for EBM...fat lot of good that did us!), but my GF's gonna have to sell some on eBay, cos she easily has at least 6 of them! She's not on any medication (I understand that medication was your biggest obstacle?), and there are no other indicators, at this stage, to say she can't feed this bubba herself, that's why I got her the subscription (well, between 3 of us) to the ABA. I sussed her out before getting it, to make sure it would be appreciated...in fact, I remember everyone asking us what we needed when we had our baby party! Anyway, I hope you get your chokky fix on Wednesday
    Oscar just had a mud bath, I got it on video - he tipped over the dogs water when he made his way outside and started eating the dirt/water mixture, commonly known as mud...

ETA: Missed your post Mel - good one, Chelsea on her Cert!
    Nickel - somehow I completely missed your post, too - Ruby sounds a little bit too cute, imagine how cute she'll be when she's clapping one of these days? Don't worry, Oscar doesn't clap, either, or wave - but he does give me a high five if I 'prime' him for one!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; February 12th, 2007 at 04:11 PM.

I found out today that I just missed out on the job, the girl said that it was very close, but when it came down to it the other girl did better in the interview than me. I am feeling a little dissapointed, and frustrated as well because I had banked on being back at work a couple of days by now so money is getting really tight and with the prospect of maybe having to move on top of it all I am just starting extremley overwhelmed. I am trying to stay positive and believe that everything happens for a reason, but sometimes it gets tough!

Supportive DH- I am very lucky my DH is wonderful, a very hands on Dad, and very supportive, we are a nice complimenet to each other. Sometimes I wonder whether I dont really pull my weight as much as I should- but we seem to muddle through it all with very little fighting and tension.

Dee- Good luck with all the wedding stuff, make sure you communicate to DF how you are feeling because even though most of the time they dont want to hear it, most of the time they need to.

Mel- Bummer about the power cut, I wouldnt have been happy about that, I am scared of the dark and can think of nothing worse than spending all that time sitting around in darkness.

Nic- Your previous few years sound just about as full and eventful as ours, like you we engaged, married and pregant the same year, have moved house 6 times- including a move from city to country and back again, changed jobs had a baby etc etc etc. I love it though, never a dull moment- definatley keeps us on our toes.

Bath- Hope the boys are feeling better.

Tori is a bit under the weather at the moment, pretty sure she is teething, she has a runny nose and a runny bum and has been a bit of a grump which is so unlike her. I will keep a close eye on it though because I wouldnt want it to turn into anything nasty.
    ANyway better go and organise dinner.

oh bugger Ali- that job sounded really positive for you getting it.... all you can do is get back up and get back out there, i know it must be frustrating though.

well BT results came back tonight and all systems are go, Ive just posted an announcement so will leave the discussion of it in there!

Just to let you know, Mel - that potato salad thingy of yours has a new life of its own in my hands...and DP loves it! I keep changing it a bit every time and, amazingly, it keeps tasting fine...And, between you and one of my GF's, I'm getting all inspired with creativity to decorate this place in my own flavours I am still impressed with what you did with those placemats and the stretched canvas...
    Back to dinner preparations, while Oscar delights himself with what the loungeroom has to offer...

Oh Ali, you must be feeling pretty wretched I guess its no consolation that at least it was very close between you an the other girl...so I'm sure they will keep you in mind (and your name on a list) for any other positions that arise.

I am currently the highest bidder on a 2007 Peter Rabbit calendar (Ebay.uk) ... this whole thing has become a bit of a saga... I'll let you know in the morning if i've won it or not LOL I'm going to bed and entrusting DH to bid a little higher if necessary... nighty nite sorry to those I have missed... will catch up tomorrow.

Well, we are heading to the bright lights of Melbourne on Wednesday so for all you ladies who have nothing to do and would love to meet my brood we will be done in the Frankston area around the 12.30ish mark. I know it is short notice but we decided today that even though the kids are just back at school, they deserved to go to the beach at least once in their lives. I have a parcel of clothes to pick up so just let me know whereabouts we want to meet and I'll be there.

Ali - bummer about your job. I am sure you dream job is just around the corner. Stay positive, you must have done something right to get to the final two. Last night the darkness didn't bother me so much as the boredom!!! Hope Tori is back to her cheerful self soon.

IK - so many people are now making that potato salad, its got a life of its own now! Hope Oscar enjoyed eating his mud LOL!! You'll have to start hunting around for some groovy placemats. I was going to do some with round placemats, they had some really funky ones at Ikea that were so cheap. Might have to make that a project after my holiday. Haven't done any in a while. Its so much fun making your own artwork! Can't wait to see your creations.

Nic - its now official. Will go check out your announcement.

Bath - fingers crossed you win your calendar! Hope DH does a good job of bidding for you.

Jess - pity Frankston isn't a bit closer to me, otherwise would have loved to met your brood. You picked the best day of the week to go, not too hot and hopefully not too many at the beach. Have a great day though.

After the high winds yesterday, it flattened my 5 beautiful standard iceberg roses which were growing huge! Some had the stakes broken off and they were all laying on the ground, I nearly cried! Thankfully most of them didn't break, but one did. It was looking extremely sick today and a bit wilted. Called MIL who is a gardening wizard and she did a patch up job on it, cut it back and gave it some Seasol to hopefully revive it. Fingers crossed it doesn't die as it was so full of flowers.

Time for bed, night all!

Where are you again mel? We might have to meet somewhere else!

Haven't been home long... had an appointment with our minister this morning about the kid's baptisms then PlayGroup then lunch at a new cafe before the lunch crowd where the owner fussed over Wade giving him colouring book/pencils etc and really "mothered" me fetching things like a glass of water before i even asked! Then I had to drop Verity's hat off to her at school or else she wasn't going to be allowed to do sport (fair enough)... and now I need to put my feet up but no way is that going to possible with these 2 boys... envious of all the immobile Junie Babes! Oh and I won my calendar!!!! woohooo! I was the only bidder and only paid 8 pounds including postage (from the UK)... works out to be roughly $20. Last year I paid $24 for my Peter Rabbit calendar so I'm very very happy... but I won't relax until it actually arrives... I've never bought anything on Ebay internationally before. When it arrives I'll be able to fill in all Niall's milestones for January. These calendars have nice big squares for each day which is just perfect for documenting a baby's progress. I tried keeping a diary for verity when she was a baby but it was too much of a commitment... just a sentence or two is enough each day.

Niall needs a top up feed before his nap... back later...

ETA: sorry Jess, we are flat out tomorrow too with Kinder (more tears no doubt) and I've got a school Art committee meeting in the afternoon... hope you all have a wonderful day though!

Jess - I am near Wantirna (sth east suburbs). I have my appointment with the allergy specialist tomorrow and then off to work to catch up with some work colleagues. It would be great to organise another day with more of the Junies. I bet you guys have a fab time at the beach. Don't forget to slip, slop, slap!!

Bath - well done on winning the calendar. DH obviously did a great job of bidding. My GF regularly buys from overseas and hasn't had any problems, so you should be right. I have a book for each of the girls that I record their major milestones. Marleys is a bit bare at the moment!

I am very excited as my grobag arrived from Hong Kong today. It is so gorgeous and at such a bargain price. It is pale green with pale coloured flowers all over it, its called "Funky Flowers". Got it just in time for the warmer weather as the one she is in now is for cooler weather. Went to the shops this morning to change some clothes I bought for Marley. She is still in 00 clothes. I also finally ordered my prescription sunglasses so they will hopefully be ready before my holidays (fingers crossed!!!). Trust me to leave things to the last minute. The ones I really wanted were going to take too long to have ready so had to choose another pair. It was hard enough choosing the first pair - I seem to always choose the things I can't have! It is funny weather outside with a few drops of rain. Chelsea is in her cubby house playing with her playdough. Better go see what she is up to!

Hi all

A very wet day in Brisvegas today and we hopefully had some rain over our catchment areas.. not looking forward to drinking recycled water if we haven't! I think we should stock up on our own water NOW JIC!

Mel: not long now! hope its not raining when you get up here!

Nic: Great to hear about your blood test confirming the bubba #2! Sooooo happy for you! Don't worry about m/s but it shows you're having a healthy pregnancy so my guess is you will carry this one to term!

My SIL is due with #2 any day now and hope it goes well for her. She's going to the same hospital as last time (Toowoomba General) and they had trouble getting her epidural needle in. I was surprised she said they let a trainee "have a go". I'd be Sh***g bricks if they'd let a learner practice on me! Oh well the main thing is everything turned out fine - won't harp on it but that hospital isn't well known for being efficient.

I managed to self settle Aleise today as I had a visitor at her sleep time and she was too excited to go down. Felt a bit guilty 'cause she cried in her cot for 5 minutes but I knew if I'd walked in she'd want to play... . and it worked! She slept for almost an hour at a time that isn't usual for her nor did I need a bottle to make her sleepy!

Well not much else to report.

Mel - you have drops of rain? We don't have anything resembling pretend rain up here yet...still waiting... Yay for the grobag! I used one that my aunt sent from Ireland, but not very much. I lent it to my sister when we went to NZ, so I hope it's getting plenty of use. Oh, and I found the receipt for that book that's no longer on my syllabus...I should be able to get a refund, or at least an exchange because the book is clearly unused! Maybe you can use your charm tomorrow and tell the powers that be to keep books on the prescribed list for longer than one year?? And if you see Susan tomorrow, can you please send her my regards, and many thanks for helping me last year with my intermission? Hmmm, I could just email her myself...or better, visit her when I go change my book...
    Jess - I can't make a meet up tomorrow, either, sorry! I have Boobie Club in ****atoo till midday and then DP and I will spend the day together for Valentine's Day (or so he says...), an opportunity not to be missed because it's never been offered before! Must be a combination of being back to my old figure and having borne him his first child making him all sentimental LOL! Frankston beach is nice, just be careful of lowlives there - Frangers can be seedy, and to the uninitiated, you could find yourself in a seedy section in no time, so just stick to the beach. Or drive a bit further out and take the fam to Dromana - it's lovely out there, and the water even nicer
    Bath - I want to be mothered by my local cafe person! Oh, hang on, I DO get mothered by one of the ladies there, especially when I go with boy and dog - she loves them both. Hmmm, must get there soon Good one on the calendar, too! I kept a patchy pregnancy diary and nothing since. I'm going to have to enter in some musings and recollect the last 7 and a bit months, rather than attempt to backdate! I DO, however, have a squillion photos. Surely that's a good compensation??
    Bugger, Oscar's awake!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; February 13th, 2007 at 01:29 PM. Reason: typo changed tense...I hate number and tense disagreement!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast