Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #50

just quickly cos I have a brigade meeting to get to, but Mel - MIL has done the same thing...an unauthorised fringe cut! It's mostly grown out now, but I was quite silently upset about it!
    Gotta go, kid grabbing at me...

Rory sorry to hear the Flynn is so sick on his big day, I hope he gets better soon.

Well after all this talk of nits and Kailen came to me yesterday saying his head was itchy and wouldn't you know it, he's got them. So we did his hair and only found two biggies and one medium so hopefully that's all. Washed all the boys hair just incase and found nothing and washed all bedding and even Cody's car seat cover.

Is it anyone's birthday today?

hugs xoxo

Ok have to be quick at our computer is driving me nuts we have got the new wireless broadband and its slower than dial up !!!! that and it keeps taking itself off line GRRRRRRRRRRR Maybe it because it a extra windy day....

Mel poor Marley I am sure your Mil didnt mean anything by it and just thought she was helping out but maybe the next time you she her you could somehow bring it up and let her know how much you were looking forward taking her to get her 1st cut...

Rory- so sorry Flynn is unwell ( we are all down with the cold atm as well ) such a shame you will now miss out dont beat yourself up about it though

Well I have now decided to give up tring to toilet train Kai for now as she is driving me nuts as she will hold on until I have to put her nappy on to go to school/kindy pick up and will always fill her pants then she knows she is doing it and she will tell me "Yucks" as soon as she does a poo but thats it wont go to the potty.. plus with us all having a cold I am so not in the mood to be cleaning up poo of the carpet... Oh to have my tiled floors again this house is covered in cream carpet but they know we have a 2 yr old and still let it out to us so they should know there will be a few stains before we leave....

Rory - sorry to hear poor Flynn is sick, I hope he is feeling better today. Thankfully they are unaware of their actual birthday so a celebration can happen at anytime.

Maya - I think I need to be silently upset too otherwise what comes out may not be nice lol!

Amanda - glad I am not the only one with the nit problem LOL!!! Must be a pain having to do all the boys hair. Is it easier to do the shorter hair?

Tali - I thought wireless was supposed to be great, you should ring and complain. You are probably right about the hair cut as MIL is not normally like that. I can not even contemplate the TT at the moment. I think I will wait another few months, it's so cold at the moment and I hate cleaning up the accidents. You have it worse with the carpet!

Well I still haven't said anything to MIL about the haircut. I might over the weekend as I have calmed a bit. But I will be polite about it as Tali suggested. Went on a girlie night out on Wednesday, dinner and Sex and the City movie. If you liked the tv show, you'll love the movie. It was brilliant! So funny, I had tears rolling down my face on a few occasions. We went to the Westgarth Theatre in Northcote which is a lovely old fashioned theatre with a fully licensed bar! It was such a great night but a late one, didn't get home until 12.30am then up at 6am for work on Thursday. Looking forward to a nice, quiet relaxing night tonight as we are out for a friends b'day tomorrow and that is likely to be a big night.

Hi to everyone and hopefully I haven't missed any birthdays.

Happy Birthday Niall, I hope that you have a wonderful day.

Mel it's easier for me and it makes it easier to see the little buggars, glad you had a wonderful night out.

Well my birthday hasn't been to good today yet, I've only been wished a happy birthday from my brother and best friend and of course the boys as I reminded them, but even DH hasn't said anything yet so not to happy about that.We're going out to dinner with another couple tonight and it's also the wife's birthday so that should be fun and we're going down the coast tomorrow for a picnic with these same people.

hugs xoxo

Oh Amanda, so sorry!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hopefully DH will suprise you with something nice. Have a lovely dinner tonight, you deserve to be spoilt on your birthday!

Another one I forgot!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIALL - hope your day is filled with laughter and lots of cuddles!

Niall and Amanda Hope you both have a wonderful day

I would love to go and see Sex in the City movie I loved the shows ( have all the DVD's ) my sister is comming down on the school hoildays and she loved the show aswell so we are hoping to go and see it then.... making a night of it sounds fun so might just have to rope in a few more of my sister and make a night of it...

Well the new Playgroup seems to be working out well the girls all seem nice, I have already been invited to a girls night out but have decide not ot go because I dont know them that well yet plus with the drop in pay we are finding money a bit tighter than normal, But BHL has a medical on tuesday and if he pass's that then looks like he has a job in WA but the only down fall is that he has to make his own way to perth and then the mine will fly him from there so it will be a bit of a outlay...but better money than we are on now, I only worry that he will want to move over there to be closer to work but I know that we are here for at least a year due to our lease....

I have finely had enough of Kai and had to put her down for a nap she is driving me nuts lately as she wont go to bed until 9.30 pm and still wont have a day nap so this is making for a very cranky 2yr old... plus she now wont sit in her prtam at all but wont walk eaither she just follows me around with her arms in the air screaming until I pick her up, which I am tring not to give into but its very hard not too...

happy birthday amanda i just see it was your day on facebook! i hope your day picks up and you have a nice night.
    Happy 2nd birthday to Niall also and it is also Aneta's (Ewilina)
    Tali- great news playgroup was good. we had a fire engine visit us at playgroup Nixon loved it, pics on FB
    better go start dinner my gf is coming over for a catch up!

Happy Birthday to all the beautiful Junie babies that I have missed- 2 Years I can't believe it.

Tali- WA isnt that bad which mine is he working on? My BIL is working out of Newman doing drilling and my Dad has worked on a few of the mines over the years servcing their water treatment plants. I also wanted to say good luck with Zay, make sure the school does follow it up if they think there is a prob, schools have access to lots of great resources/ people etc. Try not to worry to much it might be something quite simple.

Amanda- Congrats on having a healthy baby boy in there, sorry to hear that you are a bit disapointed but I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and there must be a reason you are meant to be a mum to all boys.

Mel- I think that it is rude of your MIL to cut Marley's hair without your permission. I think being polite about it is the best way to go, there may be a reason behind it- why she wouldnt tell you though Im not sure.

Rory- I hope that Flynn is feeling better. Good luck with the new job.

Nic- OMG at your DH trying to be mugged that is really scary. I hope that Nixon gets over whatever is ailing him quickly, nothing worse than a sick grumpy toddler.

Dee- Good to hear from you, sounds like you are settling in well to your new life. Where abouts in Indonesia are you? Enjoy your sightseeing and getting to know your new habitat.

Ang- Great to hear from you too, glad things are going well. Tori doesnt get sharing either, she gives something to Liam and then snatches back off him 5 secons later.

Julie- Wow I cant believe you are nearly 30 weeks, OMG. How have you settled in your new area, is your carport all fixed now?

Things here are great, life is somewhat normal again and I looking forward to getting back into work a couple of days a week when a suitable position comes up. Tori is as talkative as ever, and really enjoying going to Playgroup since we started this term- she loves other kids so much. I
    Liam will be 6 months on Tori's bday and is already mobile, rolling and wiggling his way around the room, he is also getting up on his hands and knees so I dont think he will be far off crawling- not a little baby anymore.

A big hello to all, I should try and get in here more often but I seem to blink and the day is gone.

oh yeah thats amazing they are born on the same day of the month Ali!
    thats like Bath with her kids and 3's!

my kid link is that Nixon and his cousin are born 4 days apart (17th & 21st april)
    Tyron and his other cousin are born 4 days apart but diff year (14th & 18th Oct)
    both my boys and my sisters girls are 18months apart, couldnt have picked the dates if u tried!

Today is Lachlan's birthday (Dee78) Donna and i still havent caught up but i see her sister fairly regularly as she is with a good friend of our's. She said she is going well with the two boys too

Ali - If he get the job he will be working at Mt Keith but like I said we will have to pay for him to fly to Perth, Its funny I have always had a thing about going west even when he was in the defence it was the one place I didnt want to get a posting to, even though I know its not that bad I think it because it just so far from Melb, but I am hoping for now that we will be happy enough here and keep still for awhile...

for werid birth dates I am born in March Zayden is April Mayleaka is May Kailaia in June and BHL is Aug so all we need now is a July baby...

We the worst thing ever just happened to us like I had said the computer has been stuffing around sence we got here with the new wireless so BHL was on the phone to them again last night until 9pm tring to work it all out when he said he was just doing some re-booting, so when we got up this morning the whole computer had re-booted itself and had wiped the whole computer so we have lost all our photos I know that we had some on disk but none over the last yr so we have now just lost a whole year of photos!!!! I am so sad and cranky... I know I have a few on facebook does anyone know how I could get them off there and back on my computer?

anyway have to go food shopping...
    Last edited by New Dawn; June 14th, 2008 at 10:11 AM.

Tali - SATC is definately a movie to go see with your sisters. Glad you are enjoying playgroup, they sound like a nice, welcoming group. You can always go out with them another time. At least they asked you which is good. Lets hope you can stay put in Melb for a while. That sucks about the computer. You could take it to a computer repair shop as the photos may still be on the hard drive somewhere? It's worth a try. I might need to back up mine again as I have about 6 years worth. Fingers crossed you haven't lost them.

Nic - love the FB pics. Tyron is such a chubber, love those cheeks! How freaky with the dates.

Ali - great to hear things are going well for you. Would love to see some updated pics of Liam and Tori. The haircut thing is still annoying me but I have to suck it up a bit as MIL does alot for us and I feel bad telling her off.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACHLAN! Come and say hi soon Dee.

Well MIL did finally confess about cutting Marley's hair. She said a piece kept falling in her eyes and she banged her head. She said it was dangerous!!!! I told her I wasn't too happy about it and wish she had of at least asked me. She said she only meant to cut a small piece off and of course Marley moved and she cut too much. I just asked that next time she wants to do something like that to please ask. Had to be polite about it, she does lots for us and I didn't want her to think we aren't grateful.

We are going out for a friends birthday tonight. First dinner, then karaoke! I haven't been to karaoke for years. Will need to make sure I have some drinks before I venture up to sing. The best part is the kids are staying out tonight. Marley is going to MIL and Chelsea is going to stay with my brother and Dad. She is very excited and has already packed her little suitcase. She has included some DVD's - Pollyworld, Barbie's Princess and the Pauper and Shrek the Third. My brother is in for some interesting viewing!!! So looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend girls!

Mel there are some more recent pics of the kids on my face book page.

Good evening Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Niall.... and Happy Birthday for yesterday too Amanda!. We went into the city and bought some wooden Thomas The Tank Engine sets for Niall (managed to hide them under the pram until we got home with Wade's help! He took them up to the sales assistant etc). Had a little family party today because last night the boys were too tired after the city and just needed to get to bed... so the sugar fix from the cake didn't stir them up before bed too. It provided a nice focus for the day too given that we all staying indoors with colds (DH and I) and the cold wet weather. The train tracks kept the boys very occupied while we watched our beloved Doggies win (AFL). How clever of you to remember that all my kids have a 3 in their birthday Nic! You are a wizz at dates... i'm a shocker.

Happy Birthday Lachlan! We miss you Dee!

Tali: I really hope you are able to retrieve those piccys! Usually when people say that that kind of thing happens to them some computer repair guy is able to find the lost files and copy them onto disk. :crossfinger: for you!

Mel: Hope you are having fun at your dinner and karaoke night!!! Go on! Be brave! knock 'em dead!

Niall has become even more verbal lately... just in the last week... he's saying, or attempting to say sooo many new words. On the trip into the city he would say the word for everything he knew: "window" "train" "trees" "man" "lady" and he'd mimic the recorded announcement for each station... "the next station is Jolimont" = "Oh-ee-mon!" And if I didn't say it too he would say it over and over and over until I did! The other passengers probably thought I was nuts. I really felt like standing up and announcing: "If I don't repeat what he says he'll keep saying it over and over like a broken record which is guaranteed to be more annoying than me repeating the word once!!!"

Ugh... nose running like a tap... (sorry TMI) better go find a Sudafed.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; June 14th, 2008 at 08:10 PM.

Tali that is AWFUL about your pics - I will get my BHL to find the email address of a mob who can recover data if you like.

Gotta be real quick cause I am using DH's $hitty keyboard and I am starting work tomorrow - YAY!!! I am really looking forward to it but had lots to organise

Flynnie is still a bit sad and clingy but no longer coughing or super-snotty. Ollie has bronchialitis and an ear infection (typical second time mum - I didn't even notice and thought he was ok when I took him to the docs ) but both are feeling better now. My doc was great, he didn't even prescribe antibiotics, which is unusual for a GP, I reckon.

Anyway, best go - will post about job later in week

ciao bellas

Well after yesterday not been able to get on this site at all I am glad to see it seems to working today...

Rory that would be great if you could get me that email address, I am so glad the boys are getting better... How's work ?

well not too much to talk about todays BHL has his medical today so if he passes that then hopeful he will get the job.. but it will mean that he will have to start fly in and out again but right now with him coming home only an hour before the kids go to bed and has to work on the weekends he will see them more when he has the weeks off....

HEY A BIG Happy Birthday to Marley, Oscar and Nathan, Yippee for you, you are now two.
    Lol Bath Nathan is the same, but I get the tapping and mum, duck, mum...Duck, yes Nathan ...Duck. Lol I love this age they are so funny. Happy Buirthday for the other day Niall.
    Ohhh Tali finger's crossed for you and those photos. I think that is the reason I have so many online photo album places and I love my external hard drive.....although I haven't backed up in a while....hmmmmm I think I'll do that tonight.
    Hello Ali, great to here from you

Hugs and kisses to everyone
    Cheers
    Dee

EDIT: Yay it worked. I've been trying to write a reply for a couple of days but haven't been able to post.
    Glad everyone is well, I'm on my way out for my Ladies Morning with a few girls, it's really fun. I'm loving having Sara in our home, the kids love her and she is a huge help. I still feel guilty sitting here while she cleans and looks after the younger three but I have to remember that I am paying her to do that and when I step in it is telling her I don't trust her to do it right. So I try to hold back, unless it is something that I don't like. Better go,
    Happy Birthday to the Junie babies I have missed these past few days. Nathan got a tool kit, bowling ball set and a cute dump truck with big balls in it and tonight we will have a Black Forest Cake for desert.
    Weather today is cold and foggy. I'll add pics to facebook later today.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast