Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

Danni - BLS is baby led solids. You put a range os foods in front of bub's & they choose what they want & feed them selves.
    Jesse feeds himself. The only time I feed him is if we share my yoghurt. Which he loves, so we share them all, lol!
    He eats custard & all that stuff himself. I'll sometimes feed him more towards the end, just to make sure some of the spoon stuff went in!
    He loves his food & loves his high chair He goes to his high chair now when he's hungry & kinda tries to lift himself up a bit & makes a noise so I know he's hungry, lol.

Prama - Thanks hun
    I agree with Danni. You sound alot happier!!

thanks skye and danni - means a lot. yes, i think im happier at the moment, cos i have 4 solid days w poopy. and he's developing into his own person. but i also have my down days.. it's hard. i just tried to fight the depression.

skye - when are the kids appointments? bri has one this month doesnt she?

Yeah Prama. I remembered Bri's appt today. With the speech therapist on the 16th.
    Now I don't know what to do. Anthony's mum & dad are coming up tomorrow to pick the girls up & take them out to their place for the holidays.
    I want them to go, coz I promised we'd take them out there, butnow we'll miss that appointment & Jazz will be out there for her birthday too.
    I dunno what I'll do with myself No kids for 2 weeks?? Well no girls anyway. Jesse & I will be lost without them!

My sister just put Jesse to sleep for me Its great, but sad at the same time.
    He didn't want me or booby (he did have it not long ago though). He also stayed at mum & dad's ALL night last night!
    He did wake up at about 5.30am, but mum walked around with him outside & instead of just getting more & more upset til he won't settle & she rings me, he settled down & went back to sleep til about 8.30! Even had a bottle which he usually screams at when he's tired!

My beautiful little man is growing up
    What am I gonna do??

would it be possible to take the girls after the appt? you waited a long while for it, and it;s better that bri gets checked as soon as possible.

the boys are growing up so quick arent they.. day care said poopy's ready for the next level up, graduating fr the baby group.. he's going to be w all the toddlers. i feel happy and sad at the same time. because he;s walking so well, he's moving up..

maybe jesse's sleeping habits are changing again?

Danni, as Syke said BLS is basically letting your baby fed themselves. i dont even feed her yoghurt, she can spoon it in herself now. To start with it was incredibly messy (so probably not for you) it take more time and patience, but has a lot of long term benefits.
    Im very coo with mess, i guess sometimes too cool i think, but she is not grubby, i just clean her up frequently afetr she gets messy!!!
    MJ doesnt get a variety of foods anymore, as she is eating full meals, so she gets whatever we are eating, so tonight it was Spaghetti Marinara, so funny!!! (we eat together at 5.30pm)

Skye, i am dreading the day that MJ stops wanting a feed, i think the fact that she is with Mum one night a week makes her love it even more. It is good for you that Jesse will go down for other people. If i am at home, it has to be me still, tonight she feed to sleep, other nights she will go down awake, but i have to stay with her til she is asleep, its quite cute, she keeps checking, but liftng her head to see if i am still in the room... Annoying at times, but it will pass and it will be something else that they let go of... DSS kisses us goodnight and we dont go in anymore... i miss tucking him in and story time...
    Wow 2 weeks without the girls, make the most of the special time with Jesse, you will miss them thou.

Prama, great to hear you so positive, Take care of yourself when you have to go back to work and enjoy the fact that it is only a short week.
    Did you take pics of poopy in his Bonnet?
    Thanks for all your tips re the flight, i really have to stop worrying... i cant believe i am leaving in 2 weeks, it has come up so fast.

sj - you cant help but worry. it's a very long trip and not easy w a kid, but ppl are very generous and will come and help. all will be well. the first time we flew i packed so much for poopy. too much.
    it;s good that the weather in the uk will be similar to here, so you dont have to pack different stuff. will you be in london?

im afraid i was so busy taking the video i forgot to take photos. i left his hat behind but will get it on tues. so will take a picture then..
    poopy falls asleep on the boob still but still goes to sleep if steve cuddles him. we put him to bed in his room in the rocking chair. once he;s asleep we put him in his cot.
    this morning after his breakfast, we were hving french toast, w pepper and garlic. he took a whole piece (we buy the full grain bread that's bigger than the usual bread, Settler's Grain)it;s very heavy. i broke up the pieces and he feed himself and promptly fell asleep for 2.5hrs!

Yeah his sleeping is changing. I think its settling down a bit finally though. He's been up til around midnight the last 3 nights, so to have him down already is a huge bonus!

I would get IL's to wait, but FIL works. & I think its too late to change now. I'm so silly! I should've thought of it!

SJ - Jesse's still very booby hungry, lol. I'm happy that he's occasionally going to sleep without it. It will make things a bit easier. He still has a drink here & there through the day, but still usually feeds to sleep for every sleep.
    Jazz goes off to bed herself now. Has been for a while. Bri's the hard one atm. She'll go off to bed by herself (well I'll put her in there) if she has a pop top of milk, otherwise she sits up watching TV til she falls asleep. She won't sleep any other way yet. But we're working on it.
    Last edited by ~clover~; April 10th, 2009 at 09:04 PM.

skye - would you be able to get another appt early enough?

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I got sad on Thursday when I arrived to pick Jazz up early from Pat's house. Pat had 3 kids (inc Jazz) when I arrived and they were all outside playing and Jazz was walking around with the other two kids who are almost 2 and almost 4. I made a comment that seeing her walking around with the other kids reminds me that she isn't a baby any more. Pat agreed as she's had Jazz since she was about 3 months old so she sometimes gets a bit sentimental as well when she thinks back to when she first met Jazz.

Jazz tried to run today, it was so cute but she wasn't running in a straight line and ran into the wall and fell onto her bum saying "oopdy" and just laughed.

We went to BIL and FIL's house today to give our nieces their easter presents. Jazz got a little spoiled, she got a cadbury bunny from FIL (Pa) and a Daryl Lee egg with smarties inside from her uncle. (we'll eat the smarties though, too small for her). She'll get more stuff over the weekend from my parents and if we should be so lucky as to get a visit from MIL and her partner then she'll get more again.

Thanks for explaining BLS to me...not for me I don't think! (should get over my mess thing now that I'm a mum huh). Besides, considering I only have her on average for 2 full days a week (the weekend) I don't know if it's worth it. If Pat wants to do it at daycare then I have no problem with that.

Prama - don't know. I'll ring them on Tuesday & just keep doing what we are doing at home til the next one.

It was good to have a bit of a chat on here with you guys tonight
    I'm having an early one for a change. Off to bed.
    Night all

Night Skye, (he he he sorry, i am sure that you get that alot, but i had never really thought of your name that way... sounds good )

Dont know if i will be back tomorrow, so Happy Easter everyone.

It has been nice that we have all been around tonight, i am off to feed the dog (woops) and then i might head to bed (DH is working AGAIN!!!!) i think that he is making us a new letter box!

Hope everyone had a good easter and good hols!!

we had an exhausting time. Lakshman has now fully mastered teh art of unlocking his baby gate and wanting to walk everywhere. he doesnt want to stay in his play area anymore and just wants to get into everything.
    but he was so cute yesterday. i was doing my yoga, the cat position and he walk over and kiss me and then walk away and then turn around and come back and kiss me again

Hope to hear how everyone's easter went..

our thread is gettign quieter and quieter.. w fewer of us.. well i guess, getting back to work etc and full on toddlers is making it hard to post.

xoxoxo

Hope everyone had a good easter and good hols!!

we had an exhausting time. Lakshman has now fully mastered teh art of unlocking his baby gate and wanting to walk everywhere. he doesnt want to stay in his play area anymore and just wants to get into everything.
    but he was so cute yesterday. i was doing my yoga, the cat position and he walk over and kiss me and then walk away and then turn around and come back and kiss me again

Hope to hear how everyone's easter went..

our thread is gettign quieter and quieter.. w fewer of us.. well i guess, getting back to work etc and full on toddlers is making it hard to post.

xoxoxo

Hey Prama,
    Had a mixed Easter, DH and i had a fight so i went away without him, turned out good in the end as he cleand out the whole of our back room, so i am sorta glad that he stayed home.
    I have just uploaded some picsto FB of the Easter Hunt, MJ loved it, gave her a taste of chocolate but she wasnt that in to it, which was good as i wast that keen on her having it anyway.
    Im still sick, but slowly getting better, i think the tiredness is not helping, seem to have had a bad few nights, last night MJ wanted a feed at midnight and tbh i just thought i cant go back to feeding all night, so we cuddled until she went back to sleep, then she slept for another 5 hours, so i think that it was a comfort thing rather than hunger... i felt bad though

speak soon, im off to the shops, going to Officeworks as i am making calandars for Mothersday with pics of MJ...

Hope everyone else is well, Skye, home Jesse is OK, sen your posts on FB... sounds lke you are hving a rough time.

sj - sorry abt the fight w dh.. steve and i had a fight last night too. i think we were both exhausted and touchy.
    hope things are better w your dh.. i need steve to clean up as well. after the fight, he did some cleaning of his crap which ive been asking for ages.
    can you take a day off work and just rest at home, if your mum can look after mj? a long solid sleep will surely help.

do you think our bub's sleeping habits are changing again? jesse, mj ? poopy fought and fought his sleep last night. screaming and wriggling while we took turns cuddling him to rock him. he punched us in the throat so many times.
    we let go and he just wants to walk around and play but is so clumsy cos he's so sleepy. he's so happy when we put him down. in the end, i just had to hold him so hard till he gave in. he was just sweating like crazy.

sj - maybe mj did want a comfort thing. dont feel bad, i know it's not easy. it's hard to tell what they want when they cant say or they dont know what they want.

almost all of poopy's words are dah and he points. im not sure if it's there, that or dho ('there' in tamil) occasionally he says certain words but seldom repeats them. he also wants to put on his socks and shoes by himself now but cant work out his coordination!

Hi guys.
    Yeah, having a pretty crappy day. Jesse's pretty much been crying since 3 or 4 pm yesterday.
    Thinking it might be coz he ate too much chocolate. He snuck a few mouthfuls of coke last night too coz me Anth & my sister were all sitting around watching movies & weren't paying enough attention. (I was just so greatful at times that he wasn't crying that I didn't care!)

He's off again. He bit me during feeding 3 times yesterday & once that hard this morning that it almost drew blood. You can see like red blood blisters in lines under the skin.
    Considering weaning him. Its so painful, but he doesn't understand.

Anyway, I'm going out for lunch with my mum & her family. Hopefully Jesse will amuse himself with my 4 year old cousin & forget how upset he is.

bloody thing.. did you a post skye and it's gone

maybe jesse's got a tummyache? poor darling, not sure what you can give for that...

sounds so painful, skye, their teeth are like little razors.. so so sorry. maybe he's biting cos he's feeling icky and frustrated?

hope he and you get better.. so so sorry

Prama, Mum leaves for the UK today, so this week is going to busier than ever...
    I have to do an extra day at work this week (wednesday) so not only is Mum not looking after MJ (therefore no thursday without her) but i am working an extra day.... its hectic here, DH is stressed to the Max, a couple of massive fitout jobs starting and yeah just crazy.
    SO yes a long sleep would help, but not going to get one of those til, well i dont know when, i am working this sunday too and then MJ and i fly out next Wednesay... i actually have booked her into FDC for 4 hours that day so i can do the last minute things alone, its so hard packing with her pulling things out again!

Skye, i get bitten too, usually it is if i am feeding her and talking to someone else (usually i feed her alone) or if she is finished... its so painfl isnt it. She has oviously been sucking hard too (probably cos of when i was sick, i am sure the milk dropped off) and my nipples are soooooo sore

Have cooked 3 dinners today, so i dont have to stress when i get hoome from work these next few days

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast