Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #10

Isn't it hard to believe that this time last year we were all waddling around complaining about Christmas shopping and being pg :-( I'm a bit sad as DH is going to see the dr about the vesectomy tomorrow. Oh and AF finally showed up 2 wks late at the markets of all place OMG

Anyway Ari has both bottom teeth through now and is sleeping slightly better (by Ariya standards anyway) She has started letting go while standing up and is gaining her balance fast (far too fast :-(

Savina - great to hear from you! Sounds like taylan is doing wonderfully

Cass- hey great to hear from you. I have been trying to get onto you but your number is on DH's phone and he left it at friends place last week and we have been too lazy to go over and get it :-)

Karina - I know what you mena about mother's group being at an awkward time. Ariya normally falls asleep in the car on the way to things around 9:30 and then wakes up as soon as we get out of the car grrrr

Rachel - oh look out Grace is going to be on the move soon!

hope I didn't miss anyone

OSKAR GOT HIS FIRST TOOTH!!... lol... exactly at 8 months. Awww my little boy is growing up!!

Sarah... bummer about AF and OMG @ vasectomy!! I didn't realise you guys were travelling down that road OUCHIES and I'd rather him me...pmsl.... ahhh dear.

Anyway, was just a quickie to tell about Oskar's tooth. n kisses to all.

So excited, just bought myself a few new nappies! (from Sarah of course!) With the warm weather I can get the clothies dry in no time and it's saving us loads of money. Which is good because when we move into our new place things are going to be tight!

Yay for Oskar's new tooth! I love how they are starting to interact with the world around them. Sebastian is enamoured with the pets, and today I tried to show him a caterpillar but he just wanted to grab it so perhaps we should stick with big animals for now!

Sarah, AF still hasn't showed up for me although I'm now fairly sure I'm not pg. Kind of a relief actually since we want to have another but I think it may be just a little bit too soon. Around 20 months I think would be good. I may have to talk my DH into a vasectomy later on as well... years upon years of taking the pill just doesn't appeal.

Karina, I'm so with you - all our babies are lovely. There was a baby stolen from the maternity hospital near our house today (don't worry, they got her back safe and sound! Phew!) and when S and I went out in the pram, two different women stopped us to look at him and say how lovely he is, and tell me that they'd found the kidnapped baby!

Rachel, I haven't even ventured into the shops yet. I'm hoping to get some of the stuff online. I'm buying presents through Oxfam for my sister and BIL since they're going overseas and don't need the extra stuff to take - you know, how you can pay for something for a village or a school and then my sister will get a card saying "Bec bought a goat for a family in xxx on your behalf" Does that make any sense at all? Hope you know what I mean.

Shell, S is big on DADADA as well. You know the only time he says "Mama"? When he's in bed and wakes up crying and upset! Typical!

Cass_blob - wow, what is going on with the car! What a drama! Hope you've got your original one back and it's fixed up properly. I can't understand how people can live with themselves, doing business like that.

Not much news here. S seems to be having some trouble with his second front tooth, it's bothering him a bit more than the others, but it's coming through OK. He really wants to crawl but is finding that he can also get places - fast! - by rolling, so does that most of the time. I'm trying to pack stuff up slowly as we're moving in two weeks' time! Eeek! And my "novel" is supposed to be finished tomorrow, but I don't think I'll make it! I've got to 30 000 words and it's supposed to be 50 000 and I can't see me doing that much in a day - not with a 9 month old and a 32 year old to take care of!!

Cass yay on Oskars tooth! He's not a gummy bear anymore.

Sarah good to hear Ari is sleeping a bit better. Wow on trying to balance on her own! Claire tries to let go but then she falls on her bum.

Bec, you will get so addicted to MCNs! I think its time for me to buy some more too. The ones I have are getting a tad small for Claires bum! What did you get? OMG on the kidnapped baby - glad they found him/her though. Good luck with your novel. Give yourself an extra week or two to finish it! Hope your packing up and moving is not too painful.

I have almost finished all my Christmas shopping - online shopping is great! I tried to go to the shopping centre the other day but Claire wasnt impressed. I ended up having to go into Woolies and getting a trolley because she just wanted to stand up and refused to sit in the pram without screaming. People were looking at me with their disapproving looks! Woolies has these cool trolleys with a little section at the front the perfect size for Claire to stand in. She loved it.

Anyway, I bought some pressies for Claire cousins (boys 2 and 4 y o) and posted them up to Brissie today so they can put them under the tree for at least a couple of weeks. I packed them with bubble wrap but I hope they dont get trashed in the post. The guy in the shop has four boys so he was able to give me some recommendations on stuff boys like! We've had to stack all the other Xmas pressie up high on top of a shelf otherwise Claire will try to eat them. I cant believe the stuff she tries to put in her mouth!

Anyone elses baby very fussy with food at the moment? I cant get Claire to have anything other than custard. I dont really think its appropriate for EVERY meal though. She just purses her lips and turns away if its any other food. What foods do your babies love so I can steal your ideas and try them?

Hi all,
    Em's temp went down then she had a heat rash all over her but thats gone too now, thank god!!
    Em is still waking through the night from 12.30am then evry two hours until 6.30 -7am. She isnt waking for food though, just dummy her teddy and to be tucked in , this isnt crying, she wakes and starts blabbling to herself or yelling out - anyone have ANY ideas on how i can stop this???? Its driving me nuts, most nights i can get straigt back to sleep but some im awake for ages which makes the next day hard to get through. I would let her blabble herself back to sleep but i know she'll wake DD up and i dont want that. Im really hoping its the tooth (only ha;lf way up) but im worried that even after the tooth comes it will still happen....please

Karina - I have had heaps of probs with Emily eating her veges off the spoon, i now make it into a vege patty and feed it her her by my hand her hers. Em also eats alot of yoghurt and mashed fruit, baked beans and chicken.

I took some photos of Emily which im going to have blown up and framed for the Grandparents for christmas, they're very cute!! I have put a couple in the gallery.

Hi! How is everyone? We are doing well. I noticed today that Grace's second front tooth is coming through...her gum was split and white so hopefully not too long (and hopefully she doesn't notice!). Today Grace crawled about a metre (proper crawling) and then dropped to a commando crawl...she looked so cute doing it. She also did it again tonight. Probably won't be long now....oh dear! Grace's latest thing is clapping...I showed her how to clap the other day and now she does it all the time..it's very cute to watch. She also likes to wave at people and hand whatever she is holding to other people...toys or food doesn't matter! The only words she says are muma and dada and buba. I am positive she doesn't really relate them to anything though. All the mums from mums group are going out for dinner tomorrow night...no babies. Should be so good, looking forward to it. Gonna dress up a bit just because I can.

Shell...eewww on the waking overnight,. Can't offer any suggestions i'm afraid but i hope you get some good sleep soon.

Karina...don't know about the food fussiness. Grace is gobbling down anything I give her at the moment. Grace loves pasta...i often make a sauce with tinned tomotoes, diced onion, grated vegies and let it simmer for a while (throw in some herbs sometimes) and she loves that. She also loves tuna mornay and rissotto and last night i made a chicken and sweetcorn cannelloni and before i added the egg and ricotta i put some of the stuffing aside and added pasta sauce from the bottle and she loved that tonight just mixed through some pasta. She loves mashed potato with broccolli and roasted capsicum...I should stop now otherwise i will go on all night...what can i say grace loves her food! I am embracing it while it lasts! Hope you get some joy soon.

Bec...understand what you are saying. OMG did you have a pregnancy scare? One of the girls in mum's group thinks she may be pregnant again...that would be stressful! Grace was the same with rolling cause she can do it so fast, but now she has mastered the commando crawl so she does that alot now too..one step at a time huh!

Sarah..yep, she sure will be moving, then i'll be busy i'm sure. Yep, how different this christmas will be to last time.

Cass...it's scary how fast they are growing up isn't it.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Have a great weekend girls.

Hi all, hope you're going to have a great weekend! I intend to spend a little time in the garden, cleaning it up ready for the move.

Rachel, cool that Grace is clapping! Sebastian loves other people to clap but can't do it himself. Although he does sit there and slap his legs when he's excited or happy. It's funny! Yes, I was a bit concerned I was pregnant, although M would have been happy! I've feeling a bit PMT tonight so hopefully that's a good sign Never thought I'd be saying that LOL Of course if we did get pg now it would be great, just a bit sooner than we'd planned but I'm sure we'd get through.

Karina, I'm already addicted to the MCN! I bought some more BG Pocket, another Pocket Change and some Haute Pockets. We have all of those already, and they seem to be the best fit for S. I got some Gadimal breathable but they don't seem to fit so well around his belly - either they're too tight and seem to be uncomfortable, or too loose and they leak! Maybe when he gets a bit fatter! Also the BBH Magic-Alls are quite good, for day only, not night. They seem to fluff up really well!

Shell, I hear you - last night I went to bed late (11pm) and S woke at 1, 2:50 and 4:45 - we get up at 5. It was never going to be a good night's sleep but it ended up being a lot worse than I'd bargained for! It does make the day hard, especially when you have your other DD to look after. I know she probably thinks she's all grown up, but they still need taking care of at that age don't they?!

Well, we had KFC for lunch and I'm regretting it so about to make a huge fruit salad for dinner and have an early night! I think S is finally asleep (yay) so maybe I can crawl into bed without him waking!

oh, I wish I was crawling in to bed - sooooooo tired! Ari is cutting her third bottom tooth at the moment and is just plain horrible! Oh I should say that, she is pretty good when awake but is being a PITA when it comes to sleeping. We went to the "turing on the lights" thing in the city today and the kids had a ball! Had fireworks and Ari was gooing and gaaing over them - I really thought she would cry considering a sneeze makes her cry these days. We are taking the family out for some snorkling on the great barrier reef on Sunday, Xanders second turn and Ari's first - so looking forward to it.

Oh also found the best baby food for meals on the go. It is RAphels or something but it comes in a pouch (kind of like the yogurts with shrek on them) anyway they are fab as the lids screw on and you can just give it to them and they can suck the food out (or you can put it on a spoon) but I find letting Ari suck it out is much cleaner when we are on the run.

Hey Bec - just doing your order up now and have emailed you! Hope the mving prep is going well. I was thinking of you when I heard where that baby was taken from!

Shell - those photos are gorgeous! Thinking of you with Emily's sleeping problem, it will pass I promise. DS used to go through phases like that esp before he did something like crawl/walk etc

Rachel - how cute that Grace loves to clap! Ari claps when DS sings in the car - it is so cute bt she also claps when she is cryng???? Hope you enjoy your night out! Sounds wonderful

Not sure who said that their bub only says mum when they are upset but Ari does the same thing! babbles, dada, Xander and bub bub all day long and then cries and we get mimi

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I have popped in, sorry about that. It is great to hear all the beautiful bubs are going so well.

Well, what's new here...Nic is crawling like a madman! He is very quick now, and chases the dog all over the house. He worked out (in 2 days) how to get up the step in our lounge room, but he can't get down it yet without falling on his face. He says Dada, nana, but no mama yet (I keep trying!!). He is loving his food, and eats just about anything. He is sleeping ok, had a few up and down nights last week, but I think he is getting more teeth. He has his 2 bottom ones, but I think more are coming. We start renovations on our house next week, so looking forward to that. Also, have been obsessed with my garden at the moment. I have put a few pics up (in the BB gallery) of the fairie garden we have started, but lots more has been done in there now, so will have to put up more pics this week. I have also done up our front garden, and it looks lovely.

That's about it really, studying for my exam in a week (had to defer as we were away), nearly school holidays, and getting ready for christmas. Hope you all have a great week!!

ooh Sarah, I've seen that baby food in the supermarket and wondered if it was any good

Rachel, wow Grace sure does love her food! Thanks for your ideas.

Shell, how is Emily going today? is she better now?

Jo, Clever Nic climbing the stairs! The fairie garden is looking good so far. Is that thing a trampoline, with the black net thing around?

We have almost done all our Xmas shopping! I have just bought a couple of little things from the mothers direct website too - they have a 20% off sale today

Tookk Claire swimming again yesterday but as soon as I got to the pool it started pouring and there was thunder and lightening. Its an indoor pool so we still went swimming, but then I had to hang around afterwards and wait for the rain to stop so I could walk home!

Can wait till DH is on holidays from work. We cn go do family stuff together instead of it alwys being just me and Claire... just 2.5 weeks to go!

Karina - yep, that's a trampoline! I put Nic in there sometimes so he can bounce around while I water the garden! It zips up like a tent, so he can't get out. Well done for getting all your chrissy shopping done early. I can't remember who I haven't bought for, so will have to check my lists!

Hey Girls! Haven't been in for a while - Jason got a new laptop, and has been hogging it and the normal puta, so I haven't had a chance to get in here.

Sounds like everyone's doing well!

Emy is crawling all over the place, and is quite fast at it too! I'm a bit iffy about putting up our Christmas tree this year - don't know how we will be able to keep Emy away from it... She loves to clap and blow raspberries, but that evil husband of mine has taught her to blow raspberries when she is drinking water. I can only get her to drink straight from a cup (she won't drink any from a bottle or from a sippy cup), so it is already a messy process, and now that Jason has taught her how to blow reapberries with it, it is just that much messier. I am so very unimpressed with him.

She is such a smarty pants - she is pulling herself up on the furniture, and this morning has also taught herself to sit back down again. She isn't speaking yet - but the other day I was singing Christmas carols, and it was almost like she was trying to sing along with me. It was very cute!

I'm not breast feeding her anymore... which makes me a little sad - I kind of miss it. I was only doing the morning feed for a while, and we had always fed just from one side for each feed, but she started to want both sides, and was being quite fussy, and cranky when she came off, which she did about 100 times each feed, so she is just getting formula now. And she LOVES her food. I made little tuna and vegie patties the other day, and she loved them. And I gave them to her with a white sauce, and she loved it too! YAY! But the best thing that we have discovered it mashed pumpkin, mashed potato (or sweet potato, or mashed carrot) and mashed apple, all mixed in together. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yum. I was telling my Oma about it, and she was saying that she willl have to try it herself.

What are you all giving your babies for Christmas? Emy is getting a Fisher-Price ball popper, a thing from V-Tech that is to help her to walk (she is supposed to hold on and push it in front of her), and Big W was selling a toy box for $100 that was filled up with heaps of other toys from Fisher-Price. So only the three to unwrap, but then lots of things to play with in the end!

Anyway, that is all from me for now.

Hugs to all!
    xxooxx

Hi girls, its been a long while since I have had a chance to log on here. Everyones little ones seem to be all going really well.
    I just have a question though, is anyone elses kids teething, and they wake up in the middle of the night hysterical? Sam was like that last night, about 2 hours after he went down. He wouldnt go to sleep either, so for the first time in about 4 months, I had to rock him to sleep. Also, his nappy used to be soaked of a morning when he woke up but the last 2 mornings it is almost dry. After he has his brekky I check him again, and he has done a wee. It seems like he is holding on thru the night and then wees when he wakes up? Is anyone elses bubs doing that or is it just mine? LOL
    Also, I'm sure part of the restlessness he is going thru is because his daddy is working away in QLD for 3 weeks (he has been gone 5 days now) and Sam looks around for him, but he only started doing it the last 2 nights.
    Sorry for all the questions and whinging, I'm just not sure whats going on......

Jen, Claire has woken up hysterical at night a few times. But I dont think it was when she was teething though. She wees overnight - her nappy is usually pretty full and I dont change her nappy overnight as it wakes her up too much and then she thinks it is play time. Youre right about him possibly being restless because his daddy isnt there. Claire is the same when DH is away. I'm not sure, sorry.

Ali, I havent put up a Christmas tree because I think Claire will eat it. I have had to put all the presents up on top of a shelf because she loves crunching paper, lol. I think I saw the Fisher Price thing youre talking about at Big W, but it was a few months ago that I saw it. DH got Claire a Hi 5 video. She loves bopping to the music! We havent got her anything else yet, but will hopefully get around to it soon. There is a really cool toy store near us with lots of learning type toys which look like fun so I'll probably go there and empty my wallet onto the counter PMSL! How cute that she was trying to sing with you! Claire gives me a funny look when I sing. Probably because I sound awful!

I went to Mothers Group for the first time in ages yesterday. It was really nice to see the other mums. All the babies are growing up so beautifully. Claire is still so petite compared to the other babies though, and the most bald! I also took Claire to the ECHN yesterday. She is now 7kg, 69cm long and her head is 43cm. She wouldnt stay still the whole time but she did enjoy playing with the blocks at the clinic. someone elses toys are always better than your own toys! The nurse wants to refer us to another clinic to see a paediatrician about a few things with Claires skin, so she booked us in for that in January. DH told me not to bother going because I have the exact same skin thing (which I pointed out to the nurse and I have always been told it is not a problem) but the nurse still tells me to go.

Hi All,
    The chatting seems to have slowed down in here???!!

JenP - Emily has been waking with near dry nappies too! I had been pumping water into her all day as i though she wasnt getting enough! I THINK its a teeth thing. Emily was also waking and crying start of last onth then i noticed she had a bump on her gums and now the tooth is up - so yep, i think its teething.

Emily has been sleeping through the night for the last three nighhts!! Although i did give her some panadol those nights to see if it would help her, it did, because it was worrying me that she has headache's or was in pain from the tooth - mus have been. But tonight shes in bed without any - hope she goes well, poor little peanut.

Karina - It wont hurt to go to the appointment, mabey a diff opinion may help? couldnt hurt.

Sara hasnt been here for a few days???

Hello - whew what a week! Glad to hear all the March bubba are doing so well. We had a great time with the kids out on the reef but can you believe I didn't get any pics! we were all so excited to get in the water no-one thought to take pics :-) Ari loved being out in the water with all the fish swimming around her and Xander had so much fun goggling :-) (he didn't want to snorkle so he just goggled)

Ari is doing really well, sleeping better (touch wood) although not an all nighter but I really don't mind as long as she is settled.

Christmas tree - we put ours on our coffee table, it works really well but because DS birthday is the 23rd we don't put the tree up until christmas eve anyway. Ari is getting a cookie jar shape sorter, and a dinosaur ball thingy that I got on special. I want to get her a little walk/push thing as well but have to go shopping with DH.

Jen - yes Ari wakes up hysterical (well she was for a long time) We had a lot of success with seeing a childrens chiro, apparently once they start crawling and cruising and bumping into things they can get their neck out of alignment. She no longer wakes screaming blue murder which is exellet.

Gotta run, so busy at the moment but I will pop in ater and post properly

Sarah - how on earth can you be so busy at 10:30 on a Friday night? Take a chill pill, and relax! I have conveniently chosen to completely ignore the huge pile of ironing that i need to do, and my half naked christmas tree, that i need to finish decorating!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast