Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #2

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I've decided that I'll still mainly BF but will occasoinally FF if I need a break or if she's demanding more than I feel I can give.

We are getting Jazz babysat for the first time on Saturday. I'm a bit nervous about leaving her, but the friends who are looking after her are great and completly trustworthy. I'm also thinking about asking someone to babysit for a few hours each week to allow me some uninterrupted time to do housework or just have me time.

Thanks Jo - yeah I find expressing bottle feeding so much easier for me. I express first thing in the morning, lunch and then late afternoon and I always have enough for the day. By the end of the day I sometimes don't have enough, so will do another expressing before heading to bed. I do have to start freezing milk though. A friend told me around the 4 week mark I will start squirting and have heaps of milk so hopefully that will be me so I can start freezing milk for the emergencies. Everyone tells me that I should breastfeed and not bottle feed, but I figure it is all breastmilk so that is all good hey?

Danni - just do what is best for you and bub and re: babysitting, enjoy yourself, I think we all need a bit of time out every now and again. I am hoping Dj will have a good night tonight so we can go out tomorrow. So, hard not being able to drive arghhh I am so housebound, and I am dying to get out of the house, so hopefully tomorrow we can head out for a bit.

Jade - wow a 6 hour sleep ahhhh I want one of those!!! haha

SJ - re: growth spurts, DJ is the same, but then sometimes in his feeds he will only take 60-70ml, and other feeds he will have the whole 90ml.

Sorry if I missed anyone, hope everyone had a great day.

My afternoon was pretty good, finally got DJ to sleep for 3 hours and he is asleep again, so hopefully we will be in for a settled night and settled day tomorrow.

Shell xxxx

hi all, sorry so behind personals.

sleeping - im having the opposite problem..Poopy just sleeps too much. after each feed he just sleeps, sometimes he stays awake a bit then falls asleep. the last week ive had to wake him up for a feed. at night he sleeps well, i put him to bed about 11.30 and he wakes up at 5. the other day he slept till 7!!
    im going to ask the mw on thurs at the ecc...im getting worried he sleeps too much.

Hi girls,

Just a quick email from me, I've had visitors the past few days (my sister and her three month old son from Tassie), so haven't had a chance to post on BB.
    Thanks for the tips re: increasing breast milk. Luckily, after a 48-hour (give or take) drop off, my milk came back in and I haven't had a problem since. Would love to know why it drops off ... anyway, glad to find it was only temporary. I bought some fenugreek tablets, and have been trying to eat properly and get what rest I can. Obviously something helped.
    I'm still trying to BF and meeting with mixed success. Cam had a one hour feed on Saturday, followed by a 45 min feed a few hours later. Afterwards, he wasn't interested in the boob. He had a 15 min breastfeed this morning before falling asleep, but again hasn't been interested since. So, for the most part I'm expressing and bottle feeding him. Can't see that expressing is going to be a way of life for the next 6 months (at least), so will be going to see a lactation consultant later this week to see if I can't get Cam on the boob full time.
    Anyway, via the bottle he's having 80-100ml per feed, which is enough for him to last approx 4 hours between feeds.

Otherwise, all is going ok with us. Cam hates his nappy being changed (talk about scream blue murder) but is otherwise a fairly contented bub. He sleeps pretty well and I'm averaging about 5-6 hours a night (albeit broken).

Hope all mums and bubs are keeping well.

Andie soon he'll love to have his nappy off. Paddy love being naked now and absolutely loves the bath. He just lies there content, definately a little fish. Hope you get the bf sorted. Some babies find it hard to switch between breast and bottle while others don't have a problem. Maybe this is why there are so many baby books out there, coz they're all different.

Prama the only problem with bubs sleeping too much is if he's not putting on enough weight. You mentioned before that he was in the lower percentile on the chart. Are all his measurements eg head, length on the same percentile? DS1 was on 110th percentile, yes off the chart, but because everything was in proportion the CHN wasn't worried. He sounds like he's pretty happy with the job his mum's doing!

Off to have a quick nap before the night shift.

teach - all his measurements are at the 10%. paed said he's thriving no problems just that he's at the bottom. i dont know if it's to do with infacol that's making him sleepy. im starting to cut down as he doesnt seem to have much wind now. maybe he's sleeping lots cos it's cold? our house gets quite cold. he's been wide awake since 8.30 so maybe he's got day and night confused?
    so far it makes my day time easy but that's not good if he's sleeping too much.

Morning girls,

I had a good sleep for a change, hubby did the early morning feed which was at 1:30am and then I woke up at 4:30 to get him ready for his feed again and my mum woke up and sent me back to bed so she could do it for us. So, I had a good sleep getting to bed around 10:30, and only waking up at 4:30am, then again for his 7:30am feed. Still averaging every 2-4 hours..... All depends really..... I look forward to a regular routine in the sense so I can say yeah he eats every 3 hours or something haha Just sent hubby back to bed, because he didn't catch-up on any sleep yesterday so is really exhausted. If I can get hubby all rested then we can head out later this morning I need more baby washing detergent, I go through it so quickly.... Washing baby clothes or nappies everyday. Need to buy some more BBH nappies so I can wash them every second day instead of everyday!!! I have 10 fitted,8 magic alls, 4 pul covers and 2 wool covers. So, I think I just need another 6 fitted and 6 pulls to be right. Poor little DJ has a bit of a nappy rash, just a redness around his butt hole, I am guessing that is a nappy rash so putting on some powder and cream to help heal it up and make it more comfortable for him.

Prama - are you still considering doing the postnatal with bub at Hills Yoga??? I am going to put my name down and just noticed from her site that I need to wait until 8 weeks for a c-section arghhhh I will see if I can push it for 6 weeks though Let me know and we can try to go to the same class

Andie - I have a problem with DJ not being able to latch onto my boob when they are really full so I do try to empty them with a bit of expressing first, and still no luck so I have to use a nipple shield if I breastfeed which normally is only 1-2 times a day because I find breastfeeding uncomfortable, purely because DJ prefers the football grip and it means I have to lean forward and my back, shoulders and neck kill in this position. Hoping to go to Babies Galore to look at breastfeeding pillows etc so I can breastfeed more. So, I know what you mean.... A friend of mine her little one is almost 5 weeks old and she only needs to feed him 8-10 mins on each side and that is enough for him. She has so much milk supply that she squirts - can't wait for that to happen to me.

well, I better get some expressing done, so have a good day girls.

Shell xxxx

Prama - I did your thing this morning expressing while on the computer and it made the time go so much quicker with my expressing and got heaps done too so I think I will do that from now on express while on the computer

Yesterday was just absoluely shocking. He woke up at around 8:30 was awake til around 1pm when he slept no more then 1 1/2 hours and then was awake til midnight. WHY WONT THIS KID SLEEP!!!!

I'm so tired at night and first thing in the morning so I've started waiting until Jazz actually starts crying before feeding her. I normally would do it when I hear her starting to fuss but I'm getting lazy. Often though it works, she'll fuss a bit and sometimes I might give her a dummy and get another half to one hour sleep before she really lets me know that she wants me.

jade do you want to swap awake and sleep hours???

Poor jazz is unwell. She has the runs. filled 4 nappies in half an hour!

I havent even been able to get dressed coz I've been trying to help her.

Shell could DJ have thrush? Does he have white in his mouth? They were talking about it in Mothers Group and if not treated in their mouth it goes to their bum and starts off as spots around the hole then spreads into a butterfly shape. She said the best way to see if it is def thrush as apparently Dr's misdiagnose it regularly is to put olive oil on a cotton tip and wipe the white bits and if it is sore looking underneath then it's thrush but if it looks normal under it isn't. Just a thought.

Jade, you must be so tired, he takes after mummy staying up all night when you were pg playing games hehehe

Mothers Group is going well it takes an hour just going around the room asking how everyone's week was, Summer has put on 200g in a week and is now 57cm she is growing so fast. She has gone back to sleepy mode, she had a growth spurt last week and was pretty unsettled so is now catching up on some zzz.

DH is coming home early which is good, he has been so busy and is really keen to be home and not living out of a suitcase and eating out every meal. Summer will probably look so big to him when he sees her.

SJ Hope your day was ok yesterday, i was thinking of you and your family, you are right Molly Jane would have brought a bit of happiness on a sad day.

Teach, Sumz loves being naked too except when it is cooler, on a hot day she loves being completely naked she has a look of sheer bliss on her face... So cute! At least i don't have to worry about the little hose that Patty has.

I'm off to enjoy my last hour of peace before the crazy afternoon starts, Paige and Tahnie have soccer training so 2 hours of sitting in the mozzy infested soccer grounds YAY.

Trina - good point on DJ possibly having thrush. I did notice after feeding him once he had alot of white in his gum area, thought it was just leftover from his feed. Hubby has him at the moment trying to settle him down to sleep so I will check before I feed him again later this afternoon. I bought some canestan while I was out and some inner health plus because I have also had some gas myself so I wasn't sure if I was the cause of DJ's gas haha Doesn't hurt to give it a try. The redness around his bum is like a butterfly shape as well so I have a feeling you are right. I am very susceptible to getting thrush, even while pregnant so it wouldn't surprise me if he had thrush. Did the mothers group suggest ways to treat thrush in babies??? I might check out my a-z illness book thing I gotat the baby shower.

I bought a new breastfeeding pillow so will let you all know if it works, I tried it on and feels comfortable, so hopefully it will be comfy while breastfeeding so I can breastfeed alot more Shall see......

It was soooo nice to get out today, also saw one of my friends who is scheduled for a c-section on Friday so that is very exciting

Anyway girls, better go can hear DJ crying.

Shell xxx

just a quickie while feeding.Shell Will has thrush from all the antibiotics i have had we were told tp use daktarin oral gel for him them rub it on my nipples after a feed.It cleared in less than a week but have to use it for another to make sure.hope this helps.

Hi Girls!!! Well should I say Hi MUMMYS!!

I'm back from MIA hehe....actually I have been reading and floating around now and then and trying to figure out why my pics wont upload?!?!?!

Well all is great here with my 3 kiddies....but oh gosh how busy it is HEHE

Was thinking I have to catch up on who is on here and all the new bubs.

Will chat again soon and go through the birth and last 4 weeks.

BTW Isn't it lovely to be able to do everything again without a big belly in the way

Well DH is home from work now. Thankgod!!!!
    He's working tomorrow morning but is off in the afternoon and is going to take Friday off for me and Thursday, Saturday, Sunday are rostered days off so we'll have 4 days of him at home to help me recover a bit so i can go it alone again next week hehe.

He did actually sleep much better today and also at around 1ish he pooed mid changing a nappy so i had to change his suit and i got a size 00 summer one (he's been wearing 000 wondersuits lately) and he seemed to settle much better after that so i'm wondering if he hasn't been uncomfortable in his clothes

Anywho DH is taking Ryan off me so i've gotta take this opportunity to run off and hide in the bedroom for a little while.

shell - lakshman has eczema in his armpits, we were using sudocream but paed said he has sensitive skin and to use hydrozoil. we use it in his nappy area, and bum, it's red too. paed said not to use any soap based stuff, but use QV wash, and oil.
    havent gone to yoga yet, maybe next week...
    expressing, and typing w 1 hand, hehe
    hi bron - good to hear fr you!

jade - hurray for DH being at home, hows the new furniture

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast