Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #44

Well we just got back from our 3 week holiday.

Merry Xmas to all.

Too exhausted to post but just wanted to let you know we had our nuchal a week ago and all was well. Bubs is fitting fit and we are at low risk of Down Sydrome. We are so so happy. Bubs had a nice strong hb of 171bpm. So I am 13 weeks and 1 day today and only just starting to feel better and OMG is my belly getting big!!!

Can't believe Tania and I are having a baby together again!

Hope you are all well. Talk soon.

Love Sheree

Hey Sheree, glad everything is well for you hun! Merry Christmas to you guys too.

LEANNE!!!

If you are reading this I've left my address book at home and can't find your mobile number and your profile doesn't allow me to see your email addy. As I am on a foreign computer I don't have my outlook addresses either so please be reading this.
    Do you still want to catch up tomorrow? I can come over if that's convenient otherwise if you fancy braving the sales I can do that too. Or we can go somewhere else. I'll check in the morning to see if you've seen this.

Other than that, i had waaaaaaayy too much wine yesterday (after a crap morning with the IL's) and had a ripper of a hangover this morning - so much so that I was going to have a 20minute lay down to wait for the nausea to pass - and woke up 2 hours later! Thank goodness mum was cool to watch Darcy (and that was after she took her to sleep in their bed last night)....Cameron would never have let me get that intoxicated let alone sleep it off...thank goodness for mums.

kim do you want me to email leanne to direct her here

i sent leanne an email to direct her here

oh welcome back sheree merry christmas to you too
    Last edited by Lea13; December 26th, 2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Double post

Sheree Good to have you back again!!! I think its amazing you and Tanya are PG at the same time! You lucky things! What I'd give to be having another one sometime soon! I was so glad when I read your message. Did you get mine back? After a dunk in the water my phone isn't feeling too well and keeps doing really odd things. My contract ends next month and I can't wait to get a new phone.

Kim Em was overwhelmed too. He kept saying no to more presents lol.

We had a lovely Boxing Day. We lounged around playing with presents, cleaned up all the rubbish and then went down the park to play with Em's trike and have dinner. I have decided to withdraw from summer school as I want a proper break. It also occured to me that I'd be better off not doing it as I have timed it all for me to graduate after Em has started school. I want to mainly be a SAHM until then so there is no need to rush. I suppose I better go and get started on the moutain of ironing that is sitting there. *sigh*

Shazz I did not get your email. we have changed ISP's. We are now with tpg. so marlea9 at tpg dot com dot au

Just had a catch up with Kim.
    KIM it was so good to see you and I forgot to say I love your short hair look. looks great....

Katy's now going to sleep, so I might take advantage of being on holidays and have a little nap myself.

Helllo to everyone!

sheree - fantastic to hear from you! SO hapy that your scan went so perfectly and youa nd bub are doing well. it must be weird you and Tania being pg together again! I wonder if you guys can do it a 3rd time!

kim - sounds like you had a great time, yay to your mum for letting you sleep it off!

leanne - stop stressing about the way you look, i have never seen you in real life but i am certain you are a beautiful woman!

nat - im so glad you have decided to ditch Summer School this year and have some time to yourself, you have definately earned a break!

We are finally back from holidays, seemed like we were away for weeks! We had a really great time, Archie slept perfectly every single day and night!!!! That is the 1st time in his life, i am still in shock, think all his cousins wore him out. I can't believe how much Archie 'knew' about what was going on this xmas, he ran out to the tree xmas morning and just kept pointing at presents saying "ho ho ho!", he loved it, i really can't wait for next year he is going to be spoilt rotten by us as this year we only got him 2 pressies. I told Archie to get into his own bed this morning and he looked at me and said "get stuffed mum!" OH NO!!! better than some other swears i guess.....he has grown up- so much in the last week and talking so well, certainly not a baby anymore. i am glad xmas is over, was fun but exhausting and expensive. We have xmas lunch with my Dad's family on Saturday which i am looking forward to.

have missed you guys this week great to hear that you al enjoyed chrissie.

jay just went down to Bunnings with a mate and i made him take Archie so i could have some me time, aaahhh heavenly!

Wow your mum sure is super Kim.

Nat - I think I got your message. Got too many to be honest and yes the good ol baby brain!

Elissa - yay for the me time and yay on Archie sleeping well. My sister asked me while I was away, why does Lachlan not sleep thru - ohhhh derrr..... I wish he did, what a stupid question. Just because her child was an angel, there are lots of kids Lachlan's age I know that still don't sleep thru. Gosh if only he did. We probably get one night a week at present. But he would generally wake between 1-4 times a night STILL!!!!

Lachlan got way to many pressies for xmas too! We had a few practice runs before xmas whilst away and he wasn't interested in opening them, but then come xmas day he ripped into them all, he was so excited, esp with the elmo and wiggles stuff.

Lachlan enjoyed the wiggles concert whilst away, I took sum pictures and was looking at them on the computer last night and he was yelling out CAR CAR CAR. He just gets so excited.

Today I have cleaned out all of my fridges and cupboards. What sort of a freak am I!!!! What a big job it was....

Oh and forgot to say Elissa - unlikely for us to go for the 3rd if this one is a girl. I am just a bit over all the worry to be honest!
    Last edited by Lea13; December 28th, 2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Double post

Thanks Elissa.... Mwah.

Sheree glad to hear things are going well. Fingers crossed for a girl for you.

Nat, great to hear from you too, and I agree with the others in that you need a good little break.

well I just slept for 2 1/2 hours. Far out! I woke up to DH cooking dinner and Katy up and having a bikkie. Noice....

Anyway, gotta bath my little one. We had spag bol for dinner and you can probably imagine what her face and hands look like.

Bye.

Morning Girls!!

I've finally reached 4,500 posts YAY!

Thanks for your kind words. I am surprised at how relieved I feel having withdrawn from summer school. I think I really need the break and boy am I going to enjoy it.

Leanne lol @ the spag bog hands! Sounds like you had a good nap. Its so nice to see you relaxing!

Sheree I desperately want to clean out my pantry and cupboards lol so you're not a freak! Or perhaps we are freaks together. I have this really big itch to resort everything in the house so my storage is a bit better. I also need to pass on or get rid of a few things that are just taking up space.

Ellissa That's great to hear Archie has been sleeping so well for you. Now that you mention it I think Em has spent the last few weeks waking up in his own bed which is great. And Em is the same with his talking - they are growing up so fast aren't they?

I have a few questions. Whose bubbas are in beds now? And if they aren't in beds when are you planning for them to be? I was thinking that around Em's second bedroom we'll redo it all and move to a big bed. If he's still madly into Thomas then I think we'll do a Thomas or train theme. I did want to do a car theme and get one of those car beds. I just googled train beds though and they seem to have a few different ones so that might be an option too. They are pretty cool but look expensive. Makes me wonder if its worth it particularly as his cot converts into a toddler bed as well. I suppose I would sell of that and the matching change table etc... sorry just musing out loud lol.

Also what's the go with dummies? Em still has his a fair bit, especially if at home though I guess mostly when he's tired. I'm wondering when I should start cutting it out?

Alright I want to head to the sales today so I better get my butt into gear and have a shower. Have a great day girls.

sheree - dont worry Lachlan sure isn't the only one who still wakes through the night, my family always are astonised when they learn that we still get up to him 1-3 times a night too! I just try and remind myself that they will grow out of it eventually, surely when they are 40 and married with kids of their own they wont call us at 2 am wanting us to come and put them back to bed...! Arch would LOVE to go to a Wiggles concert, my Nan gave him a set of Wiggles cars and he thinks they are tops. I dont blame you for not being keen to got through all that again!!! I will keep my fingers crossed that this little bundle is a girl, are planning on finding out the sex at your morph scan??

leane - great to hear that you had a good sleep yesterday. LOL i can ust imagine Katy's face after the spag bog!

nat - Archie moved into his big bed about a month ago now and has been fantastic in it, sleeps more soundly, the only thing is if we dont shut his bedroom door he wont stay in there, but he's not worried about the door being shut after the first few nights. Those train beds would be awesome i reckon, i couldn't justify spending that much money though, but i am a very tight person! On the dummy thing, Arch is completely addicted to his, if we are at home he constantly has it, if we are out and about and he is occupied he only has a short suck every so often. i used to stress about him still haveing it heaps, til i read the stuff on Comfort items on the CYH website, very interesting. Now my position on dummies is, it isn't hurting him or anyone else for him to have it, s he is welcome to have it as long as he wants, they do eventually stop wnating them, there will come a time at some stage after his 2nd birthday where theere will be rules about keeping the dummy in his bed only, but for now i am fine with him having it when he wants. Have a read of the CYH website, just gives a different point of veiw on the whole isssue.

My Great-grandfather is coming down from Queensland today to stay with my Dad, Dad lives at the beach so im thinking i'll head down there this arvo while its hot here. My Pop hasn't met Archie yet so it will be great. For the first time ever i went clothes shopping for Archie last night and i loved every second of it! He has been living in hand-me-downs and gifts all his life (which is fine!) but i have been hanging out to go and buy him stuff that i like, he looks so cool in his new clothes

Well I just typed a huge (and I mean HUGE!!) thread and then hit a shortcut key on this new fandangled keyboard and where it went is anyone's guess.

grrr

BBL for second attempt.

Jodie I have just looked at your photos of Shelli for like the 10th time.... She is just beautiful.
    Last edited by ~Leanne~; December 28th, 2007 at 01:25 PM.

hi all it is quiet in here again
    hope you are all well

Nat- Riley is still in a cot and will be until he is 2 ish i think. Jess was just over 2 when she moved into a bed and so was Erin. he still has a dummy too! he is passionate about his dummies LOL Erin was weaned off her dummy at about 2 1/2 but she only had it at night from about this age, Riley is far more devoted to his. Jess was addicted to her bed time bottle she was almost 3 before I got her to give that up! (Glad Riley and Erin never had bottles or they'd prob be addicted to them too!!)
    I will bbl for more personals.

Well here I am again finally. Guess who visited me today? GASTRO. Nice huh.
    I feel so crook. DH is working a late shift. It's hard to keep Katy away when you are sick. I just put her to bed with a few books, and hopethat she will read till she doses off.

Oh, gotta run again.....

oh leanne i hope you feel better soon hun

Hi Girls!

Been MIA in here a bit lately. I will be honest and say i just have'nt been bothered to post. I read everyones post everyday though.

Well all good....kinda. Broke as broke can be but healthy which is the main thing. We are off on our Gold Coast holiday on the 7th of Jan. So for those who live in the area and would like to meet....i am up for it!!!

Briley and Colby are great. Colby is rolling around everywhere now and Briley is a little chatter box. Briley is talking so well now. She wakes up at 12.30am everynight and says "make a bottle!" grrrrrrr but so cute.

Sheree - Good to hear from you hun. Congratulations of making in to the 2'nd trimester!!! A massive acomplishment! I did recieve you text but i have NO credit on my phone so i could'nt text back. I am so glad that everthing went well with all the tests and scans. Fingers crossed its going to be smooth sailing from here on in! Are you going to find out the sex????

Nat - Briley has been in a big bed for about 2 1/2 months now i think. At first she was a little trouble trying to get out of bed all the time. But now we just close the door and she goes right off to slight. Then once she is asleep i go and put Colby in her cot and leave the door open. Briley is still really reliant on the dummy aswell. Not so much during the day. Only when she is tired or going to bed is when she has it. She does'nt even think about it if she is occupied. Good to hear that you are going to be at home with Em a bit more. I still have'nt heard back of UniSA. I am still too do this damn essay before i will know if i have got in. I have to do an essay on MYSELF!!!! Much harder than it sounds!!!

Leanne - WOW! Another gastro bug! How many have you had so far???? I guess living in the city you would be at risk of catching heaps of bugs hey. You need to come up this way and spend some time is the fresh air where i live. We are quite high up and the air is pure. Esp when its raining! I hope Katey was happy with her books....for your sake!

Elissa - Glad to hear that you had a good time of holidays. Oh no at Arch saying that at you! How did you keep yourself from laughing. At first i used too laugh at Briley for saying a swear word after i said one but now i say no naughty mummy. WOW! A great grandfather! How old is he???? Thats great that you your GGF is still alive at your age. Not that i am saying your old but YKWIM. I hope he has a good time.

Shazz - How are you hun???? Your posts are always in reponse to everyone post that we never get to hear how YOU are doing! How was chrissy???? How are the kids???? Sorry for the 101 questions! Just trying to catch up with mate! I hope you are all well hun!

Hi to everyone else! Has anyone heard from Vic??? I was thinking about her today. She has'nt been online for ages!

Well i am buggered now. I wish i would'nt leave it so late to do these long posts!

I hope you are all well and i will try and get on a bit more often now.

Take Care!

Love, Hugs and Kisses....

Sara, Briley and Colby!

leanne - oh you poor thing! i hope you are feeling a bit better today Love the new ticker pic

sara - LOL at Briley telling you to make a bottle, very cute, they sure know what they wnat at this age! i laughed hysterically when he said it to me so he kept repeating it and laughing at himself, very bad parenting! My Great Grandfather is only about 75 i reckon, still young enough to drive all the way from Brisbane to here which takes several days. He is actually my step-great grandfather, my 'real' great grandfather got killed in WW2 and my Nonna remarried when my Grandpa was a boy, thats why he is so young my Nonna had a toy boy LOL, she died about 10 years ago, so Pop is really the only Great grandparent i have really known. Great to hear that even though you are very broke, you are focusing on the positives, well done

I ust got the Playdough out for the very first time, what a mess! i will have to go out and buy a cheap plastic table cltoh to put under his little table to save the carpet. Archie still remembers who gave him what for xmas, like he'll grab his fire trucka nd say Nanna, or his chair and say ig (his aunties nickname is Wig), i am so surprised everyday at how switched on he is already, doesn't take them long to work out how the world works. Looking forward to our xms dinner today, my step mum has been cooking since yesterday afternoon, yummo!

We are feeling a lot better today. Amazing what a bottle of lemonade and a few pieces of dry toast can do.

My mother, father, grandmother and brother all have it too. So, we're not visiting anyone for a couple of days to try and clear it before NYE. Can't miss the annual street party!!!! Very important event, I tell you.

Anyway, Kaitlyn did not appreciate the books last night. After her whinging in her cot for an hour while I try to have a rest in bed, I eventually gave in and brought her to lie quietly on my bed. Soon after little miss did an explosive pooh. Just the thing you need to clean up after you have been trowing your guts up. It was disgusting to say the least.

But after she was cleaned up, and had a little drink she went to sleep almost immediately. Does anyone else find that their kids don?t go to bed until they do their final pooh for the night. It's been happening heaps lately. If Katy has not done her last one by 8:30 pm we know it is going to be a late one.

Great to hear from you Sara. Maybe I should come up your way for a visit. There is so much going around in Sydney at the moment. Might have something to do with the weather. One day is it cold and rainy, the next it is like today over 30 degrees. It's stupid. We are wearing jeans one day and almost nothing the next. Kaitlyn is trying to talk more, I can understand her. But it's more like the syllables than words. She tries so hard. She even frowns?! She can say a few words, but nothing really clear yet. Colby rolling around already, what a clever girl!!!!

Kim Did you make it home yet? Was thinking of you driving all that way yesterday. Has Darcy?s nose and eye cleared up? Did all the presents fit into the car? Boy it was good to catch up with you the other day.

So what does everyone have planned for NYE 2008?

We are having our annual little street party. There are only 8 houses in our little culdesac street, and most of us have kiddies under 5 so it's nice to sit in someone's backyard, and drink and eat finger food. Last year there was about 5 baby monitors sitting on one of the esky's, Pretty funny sight, I think Kaitlyn might be up for the challenge of staying up this year. She's pretty much a night time party animal lately. As long as she sleeps in the following day I really don't mind.

Mmm play dough. Elissa Kaitlyn loves the stuff. I can understand why you need to put a mat under Archie's table, that stuff goes everywhere doesn't it? One day after picking Kaitlyn up from school I found some green dough in her ear.

Hello to all the other lovely ladies out there Nat, Sheree, Tania, Vic, Christine, Jodie, (sorry if I missed anyone??)

I think this post has gotten long enough. I just put Kaitlyn down and things seem quiet so I might get stuck into some quilting. My SIL's baby is due in about 4 weeks, but we think she is going to have the baby any moment and I have not even gotten the quilt top finished. Talk about leaving things to the last minute. Ahh the story of my crafting life!

See ya later.
    L.
    Last edited by ~Leanne~; December 29th, 2007 at 12:37 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast