Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #46

tania - oh no at Chris not seeming veryu interested or supportive of the pregnancy, that must make things very hard in your household. LOL at your patronising him, bet that makes him happy! Sometimes "fathers" find it a litle too easy to ignore their children dont they?! For some reason (probably the childs survival) mothers arent as easily able to ignore their children. hope Chris was in a better mood when he got home.

nat - yeah i figure is i enroll him at every school that i like then we will at least get get a decent choice whent he time comes. The 2 private schools in our town are R-12 too, but actually it seems to be the trend that kids start moving over to the public high schools in year 11....not quite sure why, quite a few kids did the move when i was in high school and apparently it is still being done now...will have to investigate the reasons behing the moves..Do you know what kindy Em is going too? We have a public kindy almost next door to us and its the best in town, Arch is enrolled there, but i have an appointment with the prvate kindy next week to check it out, it is already almost full for his year! How many cousins does Em have, do they go to a school near you? It would be good for him to go to a school where he knws other kids. It looks like my uncle and aunty and their 6 and 3 year old boys are moving here from victoria in the next couple of months so i think it would be nice for Arch to go t school with them, they are trying to get them into a really gorgeous little country school, so that might sway our decision when the time comes too. it feels so good to get all the bills paid finally doesn't it, our pile is going to be gone by the end of this month i reckon, i cant wait, we haven't been bill free for a few months now, and im sick of looking at the ever increasing pile.

leanne - fantastic to hear that you and your family are all good. Hope katy went off to sleep with out too much trouble tonight.

When i was on the computer earlier today, Archie found a heap of bubble wrap and took it outside to have a play. After a while i could hear him coming inside saying "cool, cool" then he sidled up to me with the bubble wrap, wrapped around him like a dress and looked up at me, puffed up his little chest and exclaimed "cool, mum, cool!" he is starting to get such a fun little personality.

Archie is up to day 3 without a day sleep OMG, what if its gone for good!!!! Im sure there will always be days for a few more years where he'll need to have a bit of a catch up sleep, but it really seems as if the regular day sleeps have disappeared. he actually copes really well without them too, gets more emotional than usual at times of extreme frustration, but generally still manages to follow instructions, use manners and not whinge too much. We shall see what the rest of the wek brings...

Got a letter of acceptance from Uni today, was pleased that i got in even though im not doing that course any more, would love to do Bach of Education one day, but would have to go to the city for that, and im not that keen to do it! We have a Uni campus down here now but they only offer 3 degrees, Business, Nursing and Social Work, none of which really interest me unfortunately.

Gosh i am blabbering on,

Leanne Def forward them through! It's a good record to keep. Glad that things are going well with you too. Its always nice to hear.

KIM Is Cam home now? How are things settling in???

Ellissa There are 3 cousins going there and also a few other close friends that he will have known from about 6 months lol (mothers group). Sometimes I feel slightly silly choosing a school based on consideration of his cousins but perhaps its alright. I also feel a bit sad that we'll never get to walk to school lol. But we could end up moving... you never know. And even if I transfer him down to the campus closer to us we still wouldn't be able to walk anyway. How funny that I hadn't even thought about kindy yet lol. There is a private Montessori one near us which I have considered putting him into but I'm not sure I can afford it as there are no concession rates. I should look into the local kindys and see if they're zoned or not actually. Its not that far away scarily enough... How cute of Archie with the bubble wrap! I hope he hasn't dropped his day sleeps just yet! I love those 2 hours during the day to myself not to mention that Em is feral with out it!

Alright now I am rabbitting on and probably could for hours. I think perhaps this was my way of avoiding the ironing lol. I will start it at least and then finish it off tomorrow!

Chat later ladies *mwah*

Quick hello girls, I have been working every day but I have Fridays off as of this week. I seem to spend my whole life either working or driving someone somewhere! Glad things are OK with all of you, lovely to see you back Vic. Will try and get in here on friday for some personals.

nat - i think taking Em's little cousins and friends into consideration is a great idea, he wouldn't neccessarily be in the same classes as them but at least he would know that they are close by. Yes kindy isn't that far away at all. i read through the prospectus for the local Catholic R-12 school nd OMG there is no way i will be sending him there, they just seem really judgemental and self righteous and thats not how i want to raise my son im afraid, so at least i've ruled 1 option out, 3 to go. Arch is sound asleep finally! 4 days without a sleep was tomuch for him thank goodness cause he was getting very feral!

christine - dont ya just love being "mums taxi" it must be so annoying!

Archie has finally caved after 3 days without a day sleep he is in bed snoring away, thank goness cause he was quite the little feral this morning! his cold seems to have come and gone without too much fuss, will be able to go to playgroup in the morning i reckon.

i ate 3 tim tams today..... ummm maaaaah! 6 points in total.
    oh well. only one point over today.
    might go on the bike for a bit!

all good over here. not too water logged. we have had four days of continuous rain and storms, it's unbelievable.

Oh send it out here.....we've got none.....there was a big stormy tantrun yesterday at 5am but then it only rained for an hour - not enough to even penetrate the dirt. It's so dry and staticy out here you should see the lightning!

For those who asked Cam's not home until Wednesday night. Only a week of snore free sleeps to go lol

Schools - OMG I haven't even contemplated them yet. Why on earth do you have to book them into preschool now? Darcy's daycare has a kindy attached - do'nt they just progress through the ranks?

I bought Darcy 3 pairs of new shoes today - size 7. And one's way too small....

OMG Kim size 7 and they're too small... eek! I bought Em 3 pairs the other day in size 7 and they're all too big lol! I did remember today that Em's childcare is attached to the kindy next door and he will get in there no hassles which is reassuring for me. But the school attached to that is out of my zone which is why I am looking into schooling. I am not sure where I'll be living by then and I'm not happy with all of the public schools in my area which is why I want Em in private. Which of course means you have to start putting their names down now lol. Not long till Cam is home then...

Ohhh Leanne Tim Tams - heaven! I have a choccie frog in the fridge which I might have lol. I have done worse then you today... try a junior whopper meal with a storm on the side *blushes* Darn kids wanting HJ's for dinner lol.

Ellissa Glad to hear Arch went down for his sleep finally. Good luck with the other 3 options!

Christine Good to see you popping through. Hope to see you in here tomorrow!

Today I went and bought new gym shoes YAY! They are so comfy and I can't wait to try them out tomorrow at the gym. I went to Footlocker first and I have to say the service was shocking. After explaining what i wanted them from she pointed out two shoes in my price range and when I asked the difference she said there wasn't much. And the shoe felt exactly the same as my current one did which I wasn't paying $150 (the lowest price) for! And that's the extent of it... The guy at Sports Power however was sooo nice. Explained to me what sort of shoe I needed and why. He then showed me 3 or 4 shoes starting from $60! I tried them all on and took my pick. Much happier there and the shoes are so so comfy and extra wide to accomodate my wide feet lol. They are pretty plain looking but its only the gym eh?

Alright that's enough non-baby related dribble from me lol. Em is super tired and has been in bed for half an hour but is still crying grrr. Have a lovely Thursday night ladies.

leanne - i bet those 3 Tim tams tasted really great though LOL, how very strong of you stopping at 3 too!

kim - wow at the size of Darcy's feet! Archie is size 6 atm and they are huge. Im sure that if you took the casual approacha n ust let them slide into kindy and school every thing would be fine, its just that there are 2 particularly bad public primary schools in our town that i really dont want Archie to have to attend, that is why i am researching and enrolling now in the hope that i will get a decent school when the time comes.

nat - sounds as if you and i have similar concerns regarding primary schools, there are 2 public primary schools here that i really dont wish him to attend so that is why i am thinking i might enrol him in a private school JIC he doesn't get to go to a decent public school, not surenow that i have read about one of the private schools though...decisions decisions...woohoo on the new gym shoes, its great having a comfy supportive new pair of runners. Hope Em went to sleep without too much more crying.

Arch slept for and hour and a hlaf today but now at 9 o'clock he is still not ready to sleep....they dont make it easy do they. Playgroup in the morning, yay, Arch is hanging out for some extra stimulation atm!!

nat - I can't honestly remember why I stopped coming on here. I think life just became too busy. I had to cut back on internet 'playing' and just do some work. Didn't make much difference, I haven't done any extra work, LOL. So know I'm just having a quick 'play' each night. I had the cousins problem, all the others go to a different public school to my kids. When hayley started prep, because of where we were living I had a choice but decided to put her in the one that was closer to where we were building. In a way, I'm glad. I don't have to worry about the constant comparison for the kids. But the downside is that I don't have anyone else to pickup my kids from school. One of the good things is that its forced them to make other friends away from family.

kim - here you only need to enroll early if they are going to a private school. Public school doesn't matter. If you are in the zone then they have to accept you, if you are out of the zone then it all depends on the schools numbers (and how good you are at lying about where you live LOL). I have no idea what size adam's feet are, can't remember. He only owns one pair of shoes (thongs) and even those he rarely wears.

leanne - don't worry about the tim tams. I've just had 4 mars bar pod things and I'm waiting for mel to go to sleep so I can finish the packet, LOL.

Adam update - Since its been awhile, I thought I would update you all on what he's up to. He's sleeping in a big bed, has been since before xmas when he climbed out of his cot and up onto his chest of drawers. Makes alot of noise and a few words but not a big talker. No highchair, bottles, or dummy. Eats everything and gets it himself to the point where I had to put a child lock on the fridge to keep him out. But after 2 weeks he learnt to open it (broke a dozen eggs in about 3 days), so now things he shouldn't get are in a fridge in the garage. We are currently building a bigger pantry which I can then put a lock on to stop him from getting food out of the cupboard. He's not a pig, but will get a box of cereal out of the cupboard, spill it, eat 3 bits and then walk away. The locks are to stop the mess, LOL. We are currently slowly starting the TT only because he won't keep his nappy on, LOL.

ETA: Tania, I'm not sure when the mischief stage of boys ends. I'll let you know when Dylan grows out of it.

Elissa: Chris did come home in a better mood and although he has been pretty good since, last night at SIL we were in the pool & Jayden was playing with his cousin & they dissapeared around the corner & Chris told me to get out of the pool to see where they went...I said why do I have to why can?t you get out....He was about to say cause you like kids, I cut in & said so you don?t like your son?? I knew he didn?t meant it like that but I wish he was....normal LOL. YAY on your acceptance letter!! Great to hear Archie finally slept!!

Nat: I think its great if Em can go to school with his cousins, all my nieces & nephews went to school together (only 2 left in high school now) they are all really good friends, they have their own friends too but they all get along so well. I?m a bit sad Jayden will miss out on that sort of relationship as his cousins are so much older, he has 5yo & 8yo cousins but Jayden won?t be going to their school. Yay on the new gym shoes.....I want a new pair but I never use them so probably not worth it haha.

Christine: YAY its Friday! Enjoy your day off!

Leanne: Mmmm Tim Tams!! I can?t believe you stopped at 3 either.....well done!

Kim: OMG size 7! Actually I don?t think Jayden is far off that, he has a pair of size 6 sandles that his big toe is hanging off the end but he has another pair of size 6 that are still too big.....depends on brand.

Vic: Adam is sounds so grown up! I kind of expected boys would play up for longer....I was just hoping it wasn?t true....fingers crossed for a girl this time round LOL nah I?m happy either way!

I had my appt yesterday, I didn?t end up seeing the Ob just the midwife which was good didn?t really need to see the Ob. My BP is heaps better than what it was, I am now due 18/07/08 only brings me forward 2 days but it makes me now 17wks+1 today. She put the doppler on me to hear the HB & heard nothing, she tried for quite a while then she heard 1 beat then it moved, then another then it moved. I was a little bit worried as that was my fear but the midwife didn?t seem concerned as she said the baby was probably just moving around too much. I have my 18-20wk scan soon anyway.

I have friends coming up from Melb this weekend so I probably won?t be around until Monday afternoon when they go (yay I got Monday off). I?ve got to try to get 25th & 26th off too as I have another friend coming up & she is staying at her sisters $3mil home in Bris & she asked us to come down & stay there....who?d say no???

Anyway better go....apparently I get plenty of free time to use the computer so I don?t need to be on it in the morning!!

Morning girls!

So tired here. Colby would'nt settle until 1.30am.

I've been so slack with personals. I am getting broadband in the next couple of weeks so i will be able to post much more then. Its such a drama with dial-up. Having to connect and disconnect all the time.

Girls are good. Briley is starting sleep a bit better the last 2 night! (touch wood!) Oh and i am pretty sure we are in size 7 shoes here too. Brent and i have fairly big feet ourselves so i guess its bound to happen with our kids.

Again, sorry for no personals. I will get around to it soon.

Hope you are all well....

Love to you all!

Take Care!

morning girls
    sorry i've been MIA just so busy lately well i've had some exciting news this morning my friend had her little girl on the hallway floor at 3 am this morning her hubby delivered the bub 10 lb 1 oz 53 cm long and she has already been to hospital and discharged so they are home and doing great BBL

then just now i got word that a dear old friend pass away this morning what a day

Well just arrived back and boy am I glad to be home.

Our scan went went and we are having another bubba boy blue.

So glad I found out now, so I could deal with it. Only took me a few hours, as the realisation hit that I have to go again and neither Wade nor I were keen. But I have to give it one more chance and if we are given three boys then so be it!!!! We are happy and a healthy baby is all we can ask for.

Although they found a cyst on his brain, which I was freaking out about initially, but the gyno reassured me it would dissapear throughout the pregnancy. Had my scan on the Thursday, got my report on the Friday and was totally stressing until I rang Tania to do some google searches for me and all the literature appeared good. Then the gyno confirmed on Monday all will be fine. Phew!!!!

I am booked into the hospital now.

Also my gyno just realises that he will be away when I am due to have my caesar. Grrr... Now he has transferred me to another doctor and I got to see that gyno until 32 weeks. So annoyed, just when I felt comfortable with this one.

Oh and my cervix is better then they thought also which is just such gr8 news. It appears the pregnancy was making my cervix appear worse then what it really was. So no CIN II or III, still low grade, where it has been since Lachlan's Birth. I am so pleased.

Lachlan is well and his welts have gone for good. YAY!!! Paed said it was a Viral Infection, how about that!!! Looked bloomey ugly..... Also the paed is happy with Lachlan's progress and doesn't want to see him again. He is finally 10kgs and totally weaned off his Losec, so there is not much more she can do for him. His eating is still up and down, I would never say he is as good as other toddlers his age, but for him, there has been some improvement. I think I have just come to the realisation he is always going to be small and he doesn't overally love food. Crazy kid hehe.

So good news all round here.

I will have to go back and read all the posts, apologise for the me post. I now need to catch up on all the happenings.

vic - what do you use instead of a high chair? We loath having to use the high chair all the time but i can't see us getting rid of it for a while yet. GL with the toilet training, i give up on that front, my boy is not ready unfortunately. LOL at having to lock all the food away from him, Archie went through a few months of doing the same thing, only he WAS a guts and would eat and eat and eat! Lucky you have the fridge in the garage, tough it must be a pain having to go out there all the time.

tania - glad Chris came home in a better mood, what a relief! grrr abou the swimming pool situation, we had a similar one in a friends shed last week. Archie grabbed a bag of potato chips of the table and walked off eating them, he started coughing and Jay (who was sitting next to me) said to me "you really shouldn't let him have chips!" my response "well get up and get them off him then!!" end of conversation and Archie kept the chips cause Jay was too lazt to do anything about it and i wasn't concerned enought o do anything about it. Someimes they really do forget that they are just as much their kids as our kids! Great that your appt went well, i remember it took AGES for the ob to find the heartbeat at 16 weeks and we were [email protected] our dacks! have a great weekend with you friends!! Are you laning on finding uot the sex at your scan?

sara - sorry to hear that Colby has been unsettled. i have dial up to and it is incredibly slow, we will be getting broadband in a few months time when this contract runs out, can't wait.

shazz - what a champion your friends is!!!! How many kids does she have? Sorry about your sad news

sheree - OMG OMG OMG!! Another precious little boy to love, i am thrilled for you (bummer about having to go again though!) I totally understand how you feel re gender disappoinment, thats the reason i found out the sex with Archie, it took a little while to get my head around it, once i got used to the idea of a boy i was thrilled though, as im sure you are/will be. You poor thing, bet your heart stopped when the dr told yo of the cyst, great that it will disappear in time, things are just never simple with you are they!! Bummer about the new dr. SO pleased for you that your cervix is still low grade, even better outcome than you were hoping for. Great news about Lachlan!!! How is he without the Losec? Would love to hear about how you weaned him off how long it tooka nd what the effects were/are. Arch is on 10mg a day. Dont apologise for the me post, i have been hanging out to hear about you for ages!

Archie is stressing me almost to the max lately. Hoping its just a stage he is going through or new teeth or somethings simple and short lived. He is just becoming feral without his day sleeps, but it seems no matter how knackered he is he will not sleep during the day. Went to playgroup this morning and he chucked countless tanties, then when we pulld in the driveway, he kept saying "bed bed bed" i let him in the door and he ran staright up to bed, i thought for sure he would have a sleep, but no! He goes to sleep really well at night now though, so i guess its not all bad. I am absolutely hanging out to start studying was hoping i'd recieve my first module today, but no, will come next week. Archie got pushed around by a 3 year old girl at playgroup today, weird thing was her mother was watching and didn't do a thing to stop her, she kept snatching toys off Arch and pushing him around, i just let him fend for himself to see if he would sook to me. I was really proud, he didn't push back or snatch the toys back he just stood his ground (as best he could) and yelled "DON"T!" every time she touched him. After a while i told him to say "no pushing" and took him to play with some other toys. Quite disapointed in the girls mother who didn't discipline her daughter at all.

Oh Sheree, I was hoping you'd be back today! Yay! Such good news about the cell type. Though everytime you post yours I am reminded I really need to have my six monthly smear done....even though I have dragged it out to iver 18 months.... How scary about the cyst!

Shazz you have had an extreme day. COngratulations to your firend's new baby day, but I'm sorry to hear about your other friend. Was it sudden or expected?

Tania, Chris is being a right poohead ATM! Is he always like that? Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Nat when are you back at uni chickie? Great buy on the shoes...think i might investigate some for myself tomorrow....

Vic, Darcy and Adam would be great mates me thinks....she could talk for him and he could do all the rough work she wants to do but is too lightweight to manage herself lol. She decided in August that she no longer wanted to sleep in a cot. It took her stupid mother a few sleepless nights to figure it out though...glad now though - it's heaps easier to make.

Hey Sara hun! Briley and Colby! Yeah that's what i figure about Darc. Her father has a 12-13G fitting and I'm a 9 (though a dainty b fitting) and have been since I was 11.

Nat my motivation must be hiding with yours somewhere.....I cannot be bothered to do anything. Though I did buy a Valentines pressie for Cam from us. We never exchange gifts, but I bought a picnic basket and plates etc - does that sound too stupid? I just want to be able to do stuff together again....I'm going to put some cheese and bickies and choccies etc in for his first night at home - for when Darcy goes to bed. We used to have picnics on our bed all the time lol.

ETA Snap Elissa. OMG there's no way we're giving up day sleeps. That's what's great about the CC - they do it as part of their routine so I just do the same thing a home. How odd about that mother - I bet it would have been different had her daughter been being pushed around.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; February 8th, 2008 at 08:02 PM.

sheree - congratulations! Another boy!!!!

shazz - congrats to your friend with baby girl. Must have been a fast labour to be born at home in the hallway. Sorry about your other friend.

tania - doesn't sound like chris has changed much, sounds like I still need to come up and slap him into fatherhood LOL. Keep giving it back to him, maybe one day he'll get it.

elissa - I don't know how you do it with no day sleep already. There is no way adam could last the day without a sleep. Mel's given hers up but she was about 2.5yo. We don't use a high chair cause adam just sits on a normal dining chair at the table. He either stands on it or is on his knees. Don't know if thats good but the others did the same so I've never really thought about it. Not all the food is in the garage fridge, just yoghurt (he'd eat it all day) and anything round. He is fascinated with golf and anything round (eggs, grapes, balls, etc) he hits with any 'club' that he can find. Sticks can be ruler, spatula, wooden spoon, forks, pretty much anything out of the kitchen drawers. LOL.

kim - adam is definitely not afraid to try anything, sometimes I swear he thinks hes about 5 or more. He tries to do anything the others do. Just make sure Darcy knows how to duck when he's got a stick in his hands.

OMG Vic you are back, where did you get too?

Kim - I will kick you in the but if you don't go and have your smear done!!!!!!!!!! And I am serious!!!!!!!!!!!

Elissa - Lachlan also doesn't sleep some days, if I put him down too late, like any later then 1pm, I miss the opportunity, and he is just feral by the afternoon. I make him go down though, but I do find if it is any later then 1-2pm, then he will cry for ages and I give in. There is no way he is giving up that day sleep yet, his preggy mummy needs rest. As for the Losec, we started at 18mths and it was a slow gradual process from 30mg a day, but then he got sick at xmas and had his chicken pox vaccination and he started eating the worst he has ever eaten and I thought it was the weaning of losec, I was just so confused. But I perservered a bit longer just to make sure and over that 2mth period I have just come to the conclusion he behaviour hasn't changed any, so he doesn't need the losec. He hasn't vomitted for atleast 3-4 mths now, so it was definitely time to wean the losec for us. Is that the information you wanted????

Gosh Lachlan just cracked the biggest tanty 2nite. Unlike any other one I have ever seen, dropping himself to the ground and wouldn't get up and cried hysterically that he couldn't catch his breath and all because I bought an elmo doll to put him his new room when I set it up as an ornament and he saw me unpacking it and he wanted it and wanted to take it to the bath. Needless to say we put him in the bath hysterical and I had to hold the doll and say you can have it when you get out, while daddy bathed him. Had to give it to him while we dressed him and he was still sighing. Now he is in the lounge and doesn't even care about elmo and playing with his wiggles guitar!!!! KIDS!!!!! He always plays up when we come home, what is with that! He was so good when we were away!!!

Gosh my belly is starting to really pop out. I think I will def stop all the suspicion rumours around town now. I don't just look fat anymore that is for sure. 2 people commented today and I still haven't told anyone in town.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast