... 56789

thread: Babies Born November 2006 #25

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

Happy Birthday Kim!!! I hope you get some rest, the best birthday pressie a mummy could get *hugs*

nelly I hope things are going okay!

Us... well... DH was away so things started off yesterday pretty disasterous, but they did improve. My wake up call yesterday & today was 5.05am but I'v been going to sleep aroun 8pm to compensate anyway. Girls are icky this morning, not sick just touchy & grumpy. I think we all miss having DH around for the weekend.

Jovie got her 7th tooth yesterday. And another one is threatening.... ah the joy. She's also been cruising around pushing cars & anything she can get to move... I think she may walk for her 1st birthday!! OMG! So cute.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

KIM!!!!!!

hope you have a great day, the weathers perfect for staying in bed all day!!!

Jul 2006

Thanks girls!!

Jasmine woke at 7.50am....back to sleep by 9. Chelsea has only just woken up at 10.30!!!

For my birthday off Craig and the girls i am getting a photo shoot with hair and make up all done....and a massage voucher!!

Nov 2006
    WA

oh noice Kim!! have a great day!!

BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Jun 2004
    The Festival State

Happy Birthday Kim! passes you a baby bilby chocolate

what a great present, i think i would love that too, not even sure where you get that done. Unsure what i would do with bilby while getting hair and makeup done. But what a great idea.

AJP - as bilby's first turn round the sun approaches, i wonder how i'll cope too, her delivery was so traumatic and everything went wrong, it was so upsetting, i am not sure how i'll cope with the dicotomy of
    - being so happy my bilby is here, i love her to bits
    - being so sad to think about how she arrived, cos we both nearly died, and it was awful
    so i am conflicted about this.

TURN AWAY IF YOU"VE JUST EATEN OR ARE ABOUT TO

bilby had two nappies last night, that smelt like parmasean cheese (major ewww!) or someone being sick
    have no idea why
    sooooo revolting.
    anyone got any ideas why that would happen?
    she's eating her usual pureed fruit, yogurt, custard, as much savoury pureed as i can get down her, often watered down with vanilla custard (which i feel so guilty about, but it's the only way i can get anything savoury down her e.g chicken and veg pureed). oh and the breakfasty jars e.g creamed oats with figs and sultanas, muesli with blueberries.
    Still not happy with mashed or soft pieces, so i try and put a little of that, amongst custard.

Christy, bilbs is cruising heaps in her playpen, it's two metres long and she does lots of shuffling, flamingo legs up and down, hand over hand like zorba the greek dancing. We keep wondering if the walking will be before she turns one too. the standing unassisted she keeps trying, for a few seconds at a time.

Strange how we're missing the breastfeeding, noticing the changes, lengthen of feeds shortening, number of feeds decreasing. I wonder when bilby will start cuddling, i yearn for that. Interesting to hear babies preferring daddy. i guess that's good for the daddies after feeling 2nd best for ages!

hands are tingling, that's enough typing for now.

had more personals, but - got to go.

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

Teething Gigi? I have found rank poos & wee's with teething. And I can understand about the birth. On Matilda's first birthday we had a birthday party & I thought about the birth a little, but more so on the day before. Because I was induced on the 16th and went into labour then & had the c/s on the 17th in the evening... I thought about it until the 17th morning when Matilda woke up. And then I was so excited to see her open her pressies and have cake etc that I didn't think about labour at all. I did have a little grieving session too though, I had a big cry the night before about the "birth lost".

This year we are having a wake up party with Jovie with her pressy & cake for brekky because we have swimming at 9.30 and then Jovie & I are going to Melbourne after. So we have to have a family party together. I haven't been organised enough to do anything more but we will go to the park to do the cake & pressy piccies.

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

I agree Gigi - teething always does it for us ... also if he hasn't had beef for a while I notice his poos are a bit stronger too.

We just had our first poo painting / eating session! Jake was in his clam sand pit and darren and I were weeding the garden turned around and Jake had what I thought was a piece of bark in his hand and mouth... no it was poo... luckily his and not the cat's..... noice

Christy we are good - well you girls will be the first to officially know I am becoming a Tupperware lady in a bid to make some extra money with flexibility. I think now I have something for me I am more happily disposed to being a cricket widow... my friend summed it up perfectly yesterday - I now will have something that I have the potential to excel at. I am so used to being (excuse the ego) one of the top managers at work that being lost in the partenthood jungle has really knocked my self esteem. Now I can excel again ( I hope). So all you QLd girls look out for your tupperware party invite - and I completely understand if you are not even remotely interested too. I find you either love it or hate it - no in between.

Off to Bunnings with my little runner - how quickly they go from shakey steps to running!!!!!!

BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Jun 2004
    The Festival State

i went into labour at 5am on the 15th Nov Wed last year
    in labour, on my knees in a birthing pool for 30 hours
    rushed to hospital in ambulance 10am 16th Nov Thurs
    cascade of intervention for six hours in hospital
    the emergency c-section began at 6pm on 16th Nov
    tiny bilby arrived at 6.37pm that night with an apgar score of 2 (out of 10)

the Bandl's Ring that happened to my uterine muscles, in years gone by, without modern medicine, is one of the reasons many women (and their bubs) used to die in childbirth.

i so desperately wanted a waterbirth, for bilby to be laid on my chest, cord still attached, and root around for her first drink, keep the vermix on her, gentle lighting, gentle music, private, no drugs

if i hear the "but at least you got a live baby" one more time i will scream! i know all that, but the baby doctor was so rude, i had to be on my back, the lights were so bright, i could feel myself being punched in the stomach as they tried to break the suction of the uterine muscles, fighting to get bilby out, bilby was kept away from me for so long (where i couldn't even see her), i had to argue (while heavily drugged) to be allowed to feed her my milk, it all went so pear shaped.

i feel stuck in quicksand trying to make any decisions about how to celebrate her first turn round the sun. Feel guilty and selfish that i haven't organised anything. i have ideas but finding it so hard to decide anything.

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

Gigi hun *hugs* I can totally understand, you need to get that out! Of course her birthdays are always a reminder of your labour. I spent alot of time grieving my first labour. One thing I try to do is grieve my labour day the day before her birthday, so there isn't an association with her on birthday being a sad day for mummy.

Don't feel guilty! We haven't organised anything for Jovie either, which is why I'm making my dairy free cupcakes & DH is taking the day off work to go to the park together before we leave.
    I think small is great with a few friends. The babies won't remember and may have a picture of cake ot remind them I understand why some people have a bigger celebration, but we won't be.

ewwww Nelly!!! another pootastrophie!

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

And gigi true to my personality we are doing the opposite to Christy

It started just family and a few close friends but even with just that we have 30 people coming. Man I am mad! We are celebrating surviving the first year with all limbs and a degree of sanity attached, and also tying in our xmas get together bcos we prolly won't have another chance.

Hugs :hugs: gigi it sounds like you went through hell. The banalities of at least you have a live baby are bcos people don't know what else to say and can't deal with being uncomfortable with your grief and anger. I got similar banalities when mum died - you know at least she isn't suffering anymore blah blah.... nice for them but ineffectual for me.

Sep 2006

I wish I could say that the grief of a birth experience going pear shaped disappears with time, but for me personally it still smarts - even after having a brilliant one follow. Nathan's birth experience was horrible for me, ex was on night shift, and I was 36weeks. I had been uncomfortable all day, but as I had no point of reference for labour never having experienced it with Laura, I didn't know that it was, plus I think I was in denial...it was too early, he wasn't supposed to be coming yet, this isn't how I had planned it, what was I going to do with laura, etc etc etc... so I "laboured" at home by myself, with a sleeping 2yo, until about 4.30am when I finally rang my mum, and described what was going on... I then rang the hospital, then rang the ex, whose response was, I finish in an hour. (he also worked an hour away from where we were living, so wouldn't be home for 2hours!) My mum came around, and I proceeded to finish packing my bag, whilst saying Nothing happening, I'm going to get to the hospital, and they will send me home... whilst being in pain - I had this delusion that contractions came, and then when they went away you could just go on your merry way...NOOOO...just the intensity of the pain increased, when the contraction stopped there was still pain! by the time the ex got home from work and we drove to the hospital half hour away it was 7.45. I had not slept at all, was apologising to the ex for having to go to the hospital, and cringing -because every bump we went over it hurt! At the hospital I was examined and had started to dilate, and they gave me a shot of pethadine to see if things would stop by themselves. Noooo...examined again, had dilated further, plus they were finally starting to listen to me about the very tender spot I was experiencing on my lower abdomen. With Nathan I had placenta previa, and because I had this tenderness, which was different to contraction pain, they started to become concerned that a plancetal abruption had occured, so off we went to surgery to have him delivered 3 weeks before the scheduled c-section date. Man, having an epidural put in while you are in labour is an interesting experience NOT! Nathan when born was all good, but while I was in recovery he went into respiratory distress, and was put on oxygen, and placed in a humidcrib. When I was taken back to my room, and special care nurse arrived to tell me that they needed to start giving him formula because his BSL were dropping too. I said can't you give him my colostrum with it. Well, she looked all put out, because it meant she had to go and get me a speciman jar, so I could express it out, and proceeded to tell me while I was doing this, that in chinese cultures they don't even give their babies the colostrum??!!! So now Nathan is on oxygen, in a humidcrib, with a nasal gastro tube, and I have SEEN him for all of 5mins in the operating theatre. He is in the special care nursery, and because I am still waiting for my legs to return I can't get to him! I asked the midwife looking after me if she could take me in there, and her reply was we are too busy, and said very rudely. So the special care nurses had taken a poloriod picture of him and I was hanging onto that. the ex had gone home, and brought Laura back. as noone would take me to the special care nursery (and the ex was soooo good on taking care of my needs! not!) i missed out on seeing Laura meet her new baby brother for the first time. I didn't get to hold him until he was 10hours old. It was horrible. when I think about it, I still feel sad, but near Nathan's birthday and on the day, I get out the photo albums and look at this baby boy, who is fast becoming a young man, and marvel at how far he has come, and celebrate the amazing human being he is becoming. his arrival was only the beginning of his journey, and while I feel sad about it still, there is so much more that has happened since, amazing wonderful experiences, that I have reason to celebrate.

on a completely different tangent, I can't get use to this walking boy that I have now! every time he walks towards me I keep shaking my head in amazement that this baby I had last week, has turned into a toddler overnight! he kicks the ball, has started gathering speed lol, bends down to pick things up along the way, carries them, and continues on to where he is headed. That added to "give me that spoon, I will feed myself thank you very much mum", no baby here anymore!!

Aston has lost his voice, so he is a croaky little frog. he has still got this cold thing hanging around poor little guy.

Laura and Nathan have been taking turns having a bath with him each night, because he has finally outgrown the baby bath we had (which was huge hence why he was in it for so long) He thinks it is wonderful!

We have had a busy weekend getting vege patch ready, and early starts to the day to avoid the heat of the sun. It is so hot!! I have had trouble sleeping, and are living on 3 to 3.5 hours a sleep a night...wondering when I'm gonna hit the wall. soon I think!

Feb 2006
    Sydney

Ewww for ALL the poo stories. Its only a matter of time for ella to mess around with her poo. She's already held it once after flinging it around at the pool.

Gigi - big hugs. Hope you just celebrate the event with some hugs and tears. What a milestone eh?

AJP - Your description of what's happening at 12months is EXACTLY what we're doing ATM. She is very very clingy. Crying to be picked up by mumm and wriggles to get down and then cries as soon as she's down. This has only just started since last thursday...does it say how long it goes for?

Ella makes shopping a nightmare these days. Just wants to touch everything and suck it. Screams if i dont give it to her so we end up having people staring at us! I'm exhausted after every day, my only break is when Ella sleeps - still sleeps well. Put herself to sleep today so she must be adjusted to the daylight savings times.

Ann

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

Yeah they do go through a shopping stage, where you avoid trips as much as possible. *hugs*

Happy Birthday Ella tomorrow!!!

Feb 2006
    Sydney

Aston has grown up so quickly! I watch Ella feed herself finger food after her meals. We practice self feeding and its going well but i think wow if she could cook she wouldnt need me!

Thanks Christy. We're having a little picnic on Saturday for her birthday. I got her a jade bangle as a traditional pressie and a silver bracelet with bells as a modern one - they are so cute and tiny.

Ann
    Last edited by luua; November 4th, 2007 at 10:13 PM.

Dec 2005
    Gold Coast

I'm so sorry to read about everyone's traumatic birth experiences. mine was just so "textbook" that i can't even begin to think how i would deal with anything going wrong...i guess being blissfully unaware with the first baby counts for a lot.
    sleeping still going pretty good, new night time technique going pretty good. has worked everytime but was a bit tricky tonight since evie had a yucky nose on account of her teeth.
    hope you had a great day kim, sounds like a great girly pressie!
    last day with mum tomorrow
    also, i heard on the news today the charmaine dragun, a news reader on channel 10 took her life on friday. when i lived in perth i used to listen to her do the news on the radio when she first started and she used to make so many mistakes and i felt so bad for her. then i saw her reading primetime news over here recently and i felt so chuffed for her. then i heard this news and i cant even begin to explain how much sadness i feel for this poor girl and her family, so perhaps we can just have her and her family in our thoughts. Thanks

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

ELLA!!!!

hope you have a lovely day with your mummy and daddy!! congrats to you too Ann!! enjoy your day

Jul 2006

Happy 1st birthday Princess Ella!!
    Happy birth Day Ann.

Nov 2005
    by the lake .....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ELLA
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY! ANCE:
    HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!

... 56789