Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #37

still feel like crap - laura and nathans first football match today, and i had to get someone else to take them. i so wanted to be there.... everything that I was supposed to do yesterday all went out the window... and we are having people over tonight for dinner, and there is no shopping done, or cleaning done, and i feel like a big fat failure at being a mummy - i mean fancy not seeing your kids football games...

vicky how are you? Scary to read about your accident hun. Big hugs. you are fine and that's all that counts (forget about the car, the cleaning, the shopping) i'm sure your friends would understand.

Personally i would cancel the evening but that's just me. I would have a big cry.

**** Jols!! Sophie looks like she is about 8 years old now in your av!!! Your baby def is gone.....and i gotta ask...whats the circus connection??

Hope your ok Vicky.....still thinking of you hun.

wow!! heaps different!!! no connection just wanted to be different!!!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Oh Vicky, how scary for you! Not something to get over in a hurry, my god, i'm so glad you and Aston are physically ok, but very shaken up obviously. Thank goodness the car stopped to help you. It sounds such a scary experience, i'm so glad you're in one piece still!

Taralee - holidaying in northern NSW, you are chanelling my dreams! Have you moved back to your old house? You sound really happy, good for you hon.

Kim - glad you're getting better.

Ann - yes i suspect bilby will sleep better when the eating catches up too. She's going off the purees recently, but eating very little of toast, crackers with dip on them, bites of fritata, one weetbix for breakfast. Now i finally have a sippy cup that DOESN"T spill when upside down, she is actually drinking some water for a change, instead of watering the floor *and herself( with it!!!

Nelly - hi if you're lurking!

prolly more to put, but bilby is STILL screaming, we've been trying to put her to bed for the last hour and 15mins, must go and relieve dh's eardrums!! (eek).

gigi we have a tommy tippee sippy cup, its insulated and DOESNT leak at all, its been dropped so many times and still going strong!

Add Gigi on Facebook

another night, spent from 7.30 - 12.30 trying to put bilby to bed, endless ear piercing screaming, doesn't want to be held, screams about the bed, screams about the cot, not interested in food, only seems to like us standing up cuddling her (which can't last, both of us have bad backs). Dh took her for a walk at 12.30, all rugged up, it's 1.20am and she's finally asleep in the pusher.

Tried to make a frittata tonight, it took twice as long to cook as my auntie said, but tasted ok. At least i cooked something, this is so rare since bilby.

Vicky, stop putting pressure on yourself darling, you and Aston have just survived what could have easily been, a fatal car crash - i'm just glad you two are alive. There WILL be other football games, your kids know you love them, i'm sure you normally do, and will in future, go along to their games and cheer them on. Take some deep breaths, you know deep down what is really importnat - being around to hug your family - and right now, YOU are the one needing the hugs. everythign else can go jump. You are more important.

Some one give me a break.......

Chelsea is sick AGAIN....vomitting. All through her bed, all over me, the carpet and the lounge.

aww yukko kim! hope she's better tomorrow!!

just got back from the pub with the lovely girls from my mothers groups!!! god i love them!!!

hi all.. .just a quickie from me so you know I'm still about...abliet a little shaken. DH is going to work tomorrow, and I will have his car. fingers crossed I dont end up in a howling mess, and turn around and go home. my cousin still came and I'm glad she did - iot was a good night and just what I needed - lots of laughter!!!

went for a drive in the morning on the way home from shopping - rich drove there, and I only lasted a couple of kms... til I stopped the car, burst into tears and told him he had to drive. i can't believe how much it scared me... but i will do lots of breathing in and out.. and give it a go. worst comes to worst, i stop, and go home.

sorry a little self obsessed at the moment...

your allowed to be vicky!!! give yourself some time to heal!

isnt it funny Jols - I would say exactly the same thing to someone else in the same position, but don't allow myself to feel like I am allowed to - that I should just jump back on that horse and go galloping up the hill.... slapping myself now.

i'll give you a slap on the bottom if you dont give your self some time!! :P

i know what you mean!!! we never give ourselves the time we need and deserve!!

Oh Vicky, how scary I would be exactly the same, no doubts in my mind. Dh had a minor incident with the car seat in the car & I took the train the next week terrible. I can take the train though... you can't. Thats the thing.

Us... well I get some results back on Thursday. So until them I am puting hope in those results. I just hope there is an answer for all my issues I've been dealing with. It may just be I'm insane but if thats it, thats fine.... I NEED to know.

It's not so bad to be insane Christy Just smile and nod...seems to work. Good luck though

Add Gigi on Facebook

Kim - boy, last week it was you being ill, now the girls - you must be SO over cleaning it up!!! hope it's a short duration illness!!

Vicky - you are allowed to be self obsessed - you just survived a near fatal accident! you're traumatised, no wonder you're still touchy. Get back on the horse by all means, but in your OWN time.

TaraLee - yes i talk to myself, so by some definitions . . . . .

Christy - i hope you get test results that are useful, and a doctor who explains them to you in an understandable way.

How you feeling Blanchie? you and your beautiful belly?

Hi Ann

AJP - great to have a good time out.

Rang a Parent's Helpline in desperation. 4.30am this morning, they told me to put bilby to bed in her cot, sit by cot and give no eye contact, until she falls asleep. No breastfeed over night (!!!! she is used to it every few hours!!).
    So we put her to bed at 7.30pm tonight
    She screamed solid blue murder until 9.30
    (interspersed with a minute of silence when i picked her up for a cuddle each 15 mins)
    i have no idea how to get her to go to sleep
    it's 1.20 and she's been asleep since 10.30 (after an hour being pushed around the streets by daddy), still in the pusher, i don't like my chances of her sleeping much longer, but at least that's three hours, great for her.

going from demand bf-ing to NO bf at night, i have no idea how we're going to achieve this. seems rather drastic. i think i'll be drenching the sheets tonight with her milk.

Does anyone have a fritata or quiche without crust recipe to share? TIA. I need to start cooking again, need something quick and easy to try get my cooking mojo back. So sick of the supermarket frozen boxes we've been surviving on for the last 16 months.

awww gigi i dont have any advise to give you but thought you might need a

i often make up a zuchini slice but dont really follow a recipe, i just grate a carrot, zuchini,cheese,capsicum diced mushrooms. diced onion, diced bacon, diced tomato, mix together, add 1/4 cup plain flour, then add 3-4 lightly beaten eggs to mixture, mix through then place in a square baking dish and bake until cooked, around 45 mins, its awesome and i just add what i have at home

jols you beat me to it... was going to suggest the same -
    3 Eggs
    1? cups Milk
    1? tablespoons of melted butteror olive oil
    1 cup diced meat (bacon, ham, chicken or anything you would like)
    1 small onion (diced)
    1 cup grated cheese
    ? cup self-raising flour
    Salt and pepper to taste
    (Can add asparagus, salmon, corn, spinach, mushrooms or anything you like)

is great cold too

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast