Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #38

Tara- that is so sad, i cant even begin to imagine how she must feel its not fair at all

Gigi- glad Bilby is alright..poor little chicken.

went to the shops today and got myself some new pjs and Emelia got heaps of new clothes as did Jack!! our big W has self serve checkouts now lol so weird.

Alright girls, thinking caps on. we've been invited to a 70's/80's party at the beginning of June. what/who can i go as? remembering the belly I am so crap at these things!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

We woke bilby every four hours last night, as the A n E doctor told us too, felt strange to do that when she is such a non-sleeper anyways, but it actually seemed to fit in with her feeds, so that wasn't too bad. She actually had several day sleeps today, most unlike her, so i think the extra sleeps and the constant wanting to breastfeed, are her ways of getting over the awful fall. I still can't believe she managed to contact FOUR separate shelf edges in that fall. all at the same point on her forehead.

i actually am not having the amount of mummy guilt, that i expected i would. Her room is so cramped, all the furniture is jammed together, nothing i can do about that, i know we are trapped in this place, it's not suitable on many levels, and we can't move anywhere else. i try so hard to make it as safe as i can for her. There ARE things beyond my control and i do believe the layout of her room is hazardous. don't know what else to do. i can only do so much with the money we are on. i worry all the time about the selfishness of dh and me, bringing a baby into the world when we can't afford to give her much. i don't mean trips to disneyworld and private schools, i mean a stable roof over her head and rooms bigger than a shoebox.

when it happened, i think i might have been in shock, dh was the one to say Ring the ambos, i was worried i was over reacting, didn't want the ambos to say "you're being over protective". I've had an acquired brain injury myself, so you'd think i'd be more aware, but i kind of shutdown, and just thought "cuddle her, put ice on bruise" - like i normally do when she comes a cropper. She has walked into the side of the fridge and had eggs before. But never with spilt skin in the middle before. the bruise came up in two halves, like an apricot. i keep on thinking, people will think we're silly for calling the ambulance, but the ambos and the hospital said it was the right thing to do in the situation that happened. I don't know why i am so bothered about what people think of me. she's my bub and at least she's ok now, that should be enough for me, dont' know why i'm being so silly.

Blanchie - hope you feel nice in your new pjs. It's so funny buying stuff late in pregnancy, you know it won't fit for long, but you still need SOMETHING that will fit you at the time, it's a strange feeling - limbo time in your life. i remember buying knickers at 39 weeks thinking - NOTHING fits me right now, i can't just go commando for the next few weeks!!!

Vicky - how is your dh?

Taralee - i'm thinking Farah Fawcett hairdo - the big flicks, flared trousers for 70's
    Hammertime baggy pants and fluoro tshirts "Choose Life" for 80's
    eyeliner for the boys e.g glam pop "spandeau ballet, duran duran
    big hair
    shoulder pads

Cheers Gigi - will add those to my list
    I get like that too, worrying about what people think of me and my choices - and like i've said before
    a) i think when it comes to your child it's better to be paranoid than blase about it
    b) you do the best with what you know at the time
    When evie had those night terrors the other night my instinct was 'give her cuddles, just be there for her she has to wake up on her own' but DH was really stressing and asking if we should take her to the doctor. It was only then that i thought 'what if i am wrong and its more serious than i realise?' 'what if she's been bitten or something and i should get some help'. At the end of the day i thought 'she doesnt have a fever, her breathing is fine, she's not gone cold, she's not clammy and she's not grabbing any part of her body like she's in pain'
    I think you just have to go with those mummy instincts, and we all think you did the right thing calling an ambulance, i think we all would've done the same thing

Have had the best day today - brought up the little chairs and table for aston from the garage, that I had wanted to finish painting (just underneath it) and DH said don't worry about it, it looks ok. Well Aston's little eyes just about popped out of his head! He started by sitting down to colour with his brother and sister, while I made playdough. then the three of them, and me and daddy played with playdough for ages! From there I decided to go surfing for some ideas to do more fun stuff. Laura and Nathan wanted me to make goop - and I couldnt remember the recipe - its been a while since I have done this toddler kind of stuff. found a recipe, and aston and I played with goop for over and hour. he was most distressed when I picked him up to put him into the bath. wanted to keep playing with it. I think later in the week we will do some finger painting. Its such a strange sensation to do be doing all these things again.... Laura and Nathan are having fun playing with him with all these sensory things as much as he is.

good thing we had such a lovely day - I absolutely HATE this time of day.... the whinging hour or two begins about 4.45....glass of bubbles in hand!!

That's great Vicky! Good stuff! I'll have to dig out all my 'hands on' activities too. I've got files and files of them somewhere...packed....

Just one i thought of just then, if you're going to do finger painting. Get some toy cars and use their wheels through the paint- makes a fun pattern
    - egg yolk with some food colouring in it looks beautiful when it dries
    - put some drops of paint on a piece of paper in a tray (with sides) and roll marbles/balls etc around in it so the marbles/balls roll thru the paint and make patterns
    - brush a flyswatter with paint and slap it onto a piece of paper
    thats all i can think of off the top of my head...but you sure did get me a-thinking

thanks taralee... aston will love the ball one! he had such fun with the goop. was not impressed when I put him in the bath! his favourite thing to say at the moment is "one more"

ive been lurking just not posting!!

tara thats so sad about the misscarriage poor chicken.
    blanche retail therapy got to love it!! how are the jarmies???
    vicky theres a thread somewhere on here about kids stull like bath paint etc.. will track it down if you like! sophie loves her table and chairs, also has a tea set, so cute watching her!!
    gig hope bilby's head is getting better

us, had inlws here fro brunch, MIL is staying a few nights as she has acourse here in melbourne for two days, she baby sat sophie this arvo and DH and i went to the movies and dinner, was lovely!!

Vicky -good to hear u had a great day, Emelia was sitting eating her lunch with her cousin Jasper at the little table and chairs today and i just sat there amazed at how quickly they are growing up

Jarmies are good, went shopping and got some new slippers too and a new v pillow omg it is so good! spent abit too much again today on the kids, cant help myself!!!

Jols - that would have been nice to go out for dinner and movie kid free, i was thinking of taking Leigh to the movies and dinner next week sometime, will be the last time for a while probably!!

2 weeks Blanche! how exciting!
    where is everyone today?

hidey ho

life is fun here cursing body for not being pg yet, sick husband who has a runny nose and is consequently dying and a toddler who is gorgeous and fun and so full of energy!

wow Blanche you are looking great not long now to go - have you started scrubbing the outside of the windows yet? Tara how's that head between the legs feeling?

I would love to catch up with all the personals but really don't have the ooomph to do it. Hope all are well I have been lurking

kisses to all

xxxxxx

I have returned...will tell all of my trip tmrw...need sleep!!!

Arrggh! that teething monster!! Just when sleep seems "all sorted" it goes pear shaped! anyways, she went back to sleep at 830 this morning then woke up straight away doing that horrible scream like shes in so much pain but went back to sleep with a cuddle...i hope it makes her feel better and we have a happy day
    BTW Welcome back Kim! and Ahoy Nelly!

All good here. Chelsea has a damn cold however. She is at FDC today and Jasmine is napping.

Our trip away was fantastic....i didnt want to leave and got very teary. Saturday was family day and the girls cousins (from USA) loved them....chels and Alexia were playing together, down at the beach, in the park..was great. Saturday night Craig and i went to Nelson Bay and had Hogs Breath for tea....then went for a drive round. Sunday we got to meet up with some friends for morning tea. For the rest of the day the girls were grouches and we just rested. Monday we had to leave.

As for the flights

On the way up: Flew Jetstar, Flight was delayed. Ment to leave at 11.15.....we left at 11.50..and we never got to Newcastle until 1.35. The girls screamed the whole way, Chelsea threw her dummy so we lost it, her ears were killing her and couldnt control her. Jasmine wasnt much better.

On the way home: Flew Tiger Airways, Flight was delayed. Ment to leave at 3.45, we left at 4.15. The girls were awesome. Jasmine slept, Chelsea sat on her own seat and ripped up their magazine (opps!). However...when we arrived at Melbourne. You had to walk miles form the plane (had no walk way, had to use stairs) then you go to this dingey baggage collection area, then walk mies again to the carpark. By then i was stuffed, no pram, 2 tired and hungry kids, and far to much walking. AND it was raining!!!

So based on that we are NEVER flying Tiger again purely cos of the dumb airport set up they have!!!

So...How is everyone!!?

gald u had a great time Kim bummer about the airlines.

had my appt today my c/s is booked for next tuesday the 6th im happy that i get to meet my little boy but sh#t scared about the c/s! guess i have to get used to the idea, im sure ill be fine

Thats great you have a date set now Blanche....now you know time will be exciting....Jack will be here before yu know it! Its ok to be scared.... *hugs*

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast