Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #40

THanks Jols - now just need to get missy to let us look inside her mouth.

Its just the front four teeth that are short. The others are fine.

I don't think it's because of the dummy to be honest, I wouldn't worry about it, and if she's teething you don't want to try and take the dummy away now.
    The other morning evie's dummy was shredded, all done in her sleep. she's got 4 eye teeth and the other 2 teeth on either side of the front teeth all coming down at once

interesting that the conversation has turned to dummies... Aston has been biting his so hard that he is popping them. He is teething at the moment too - and a cranky little person with it as well! DH said, lets get rid of them. hmmmm, not sure yet. personally think I would rather wait til christmas, but I think that has more to do with what is going on in my head at the moment... don't want anything else to stress about.

BTW - i'm probably posting less in here because of the blog I started. I tend to go there, and dump my ramblings at the moment.

Ann i wouldnt know how long/short kids teeth are ment to be...so i am sure Ella will be fine. Love looking at her blog and the vid of her walking..cute!

Jols hows you going...cheeky thing writing in white (in your siggy) hope you catch that egg!
    Christy how you going?

Tara...hope your well and bubby is too

Blanche hows Jack and Emelia going...BF going good still?

Gigi you have been quite....everything alright?

Nelly have you gone MIA again..LOL

Vicky i pray everything is ok and dont stress your mind to much....need to keep sane. Hows Chelseas birthday pal...still cranky? LOL

If ive missed any one..sorry...im not smart these days

Ive never got anything to say so i dont post much either...same old stuff happens in this household
    Chelsea isnt up to much. Her fav saying is Mummy La which i hear all day and all night. Mummy love....so cute when she says it at bed time and a kiss to go with it! Dummy is attatched to her permanately now...wont give it up but i dont mind. She is happy with it and feels safe.

Jasmine is ok...still refusing solids and her skin is shot. Going to get a referal for some help...if anyone will help. Poor bugger makes herself bleed all the time.

Bumble Bee is good...7w3d now and dragging. Have been speaking with 2 Doulas..i think ive made my pick now.

Plus i have a Pregnancy Journal Blog happening for this bub so im excited...not that its interesting yet :P

bugger somone noticed it! :P all going well think im o'ing today, day 9! very early for me!
    which doula kim?

we still have out thumb and cant see it going anytime soon!!

Ive noticed it for a while then when i seen the O day bit i had to comment...soz to spoil your fun :P Day 9 is early...hope it all goes well then

Prob going with Relle....but will decide for sure later tonight

who else did you interview?

ETA no spoil!! if you noticed you noticed i dont mind, just keeping it quiet but not, makes sense? prolly not :P :P
    Last edited by Olive; May 25th, 2008 at 06:38 PM.

Kim - my SIL has had a never ending battle with her daughter's skin - same thing, makes herself bleed she scratches so much. Her name is Sacha and is a BB member, if you want to look her up for some advice/strategies whatever.
    A friend of ours committed suicide the other day, absolutely devastating. and its such a shame it takes something like that to make you stop and appreciate things

AJP I notice on CD6 but didn't want to say anything in the cloth thread

Tara... it certainly is sad that it takes something like that to make us realise. Man I just realised I hadn't done what I said I would for Sacha.

Kim... we've gone through massive allergy issues in our house & Jovie had terrible ezcema until we took her off cows milk. She had minor issues on goats milk formula when I had to top her up. But she was best on an elemental formula when she got topped up.

Life... I saw a movie this week? Did I say that already? "then she found me" with Helen Hunt. Man, it changed my perceptive on how I look at my kids and life has been easier for the past few days. I dunno, it made me appreciate my children & start to not get as emotional over stuff they do, but think "She's 4, she doesn't mean to hurt you, BE THE ADULT HERE" something I haven't thought before.

amazing what a change of perspective can do eh Christy. I will have to have a look out for that movie. sounds interesting.

Tara - hun that is very very sad. Good friends of mine brother had a heart attack and died while surfing - and that made me sit up and think hard about stuff. Life really is too short to sweat the small stuff... and as the saying goes, its all small stuff. Only 10 weeks to go til you meet this new little person that you are bringing into the world!!

Jols - I noticed a few days ago... I thought I posted something but maybe I didn't. Good luck with it all. I am so incredibly clucky at the moment. Longing to have another baby. not going to happen, but it has surprised me how much I want another.

Hi Blanche - how's the booby boy going? I love the photos on face book. I can't believe Jack rolled!!

Ann - hows that beautiful going? and is DH behaving himself?

Hi nelly - hope you had a good weekend. I'll give you a call tomorrow about Friday - thought you could take the boys to Panda's playland - that way the runner (aston) is contained!

Nelly has kindly offered to take me to have my colonoscopy on Friday. Rich has had a lot of time of work with his shoulder, and will have to have more soon, so doesn't want to take any time off, which is understandable. The friend I had organised way back when I booked the appoitnment has had to cancel, so thankfully Nelly has been able to step in and help me out. I was feeling rather peeved about the situation yesterday, but have worked through it now.

Kim - aston wasn't as cranky today, but didn't have a sleep all day - not from lack of trying. I think if I want him to have a sleep now it the day I am going to have to keep him very very busy!

Have had a lazy day today, even got to read the newspaper! Made tandoori chicken from scratch for lunch, which was yum, so meant we had an easy dinner of pancakes, which the kids thought was great!

Ah good Jols! The other one i interviewed was Donna not sure of her last name. Both are great. I felt better connection with Relle, Craig thinks Donna would be better...but at the end of the day i connected with Relle...but not 100% just yet....by tomorrow i will be

Tara when i was at MIL Jasmines skin was perfect...not a scabby look, scratching, bleeding or anything. Was same formula but not the 'Plus' version. Came home and spiked again....but last 2 days its hell....she seriuosly looks like something has attacked her and she looks bad..poor possum
    Sorry to hear of your friend....so sad *Hugs*

Christy..yay on the movie....sounds liek a good movie.

Tara - sorry to hear about ur friend.

Kim - Emelia and Jack going well, Emelia is a great big sister and very understanding when im feeding..i was worried she would get annoyed while i was feeding and feel left out but she will either come sit up with us or go off and do her own thing, she has been really great.
    feeding going well still
    good to hear u have almost decided on a doula, gosh before we know it ur new bundle will be here!!

Vicky- i know i cant believe he rolls over now i told him to slow down already he will be a big boy before i know it!

Gigi- how r u going?

blanche love your ticker photo - gorgeous!

Gorgeous photo Blanche, I can;t believe he's almost 3 weeks old!!!!

My obgyn prescribed me some tablets to help with my heartburn which is just getting out of control, to the point that it's making me vomit and giving me massive headaches, but i'm just not sure about taking it. i'm sure he wouldn't give it to me if there were any ill effects to the baby..but im just a little dubious. it's called Magicul, anyone else heard of it/used it?

heh heh I am hereeee

weekends are a bit crazy for me now esp now I am driving my Tupperware car all over town!!!! Vicky am bringing daggles car on Fri it's easier to get car seats in and out

wow all these bubbas, it's like belly buddies all over again lol good luck with your tww jols went thru another 3 pk of pg tests this cycle I reckon I just imagine all of the symptoms and am falsely building up my hopes but oh well keep on practicing eh ... then I read the heartburn, lack of sleep etc and think oh well enjoy "normality" for a while - as normal as an 18mth old can be!

Jake is back in his cot bcos his reflux has flared again in the last few months and it is easier to tilt the cot than a big bed but hooray for Jovie christy!

hope all are good sorry I keep popping in and out!

*sigh* where is everyone?
    It's just one thing after another sometimes, turns out our friend didnt commit suicide but had a heart condition that he didnt know about so just died in his sleep, which does bring some comfort i guess...still, dying in your sleep at 27 isnt right
    and my neice (with the eczema) has been diagnosed with a mild heart murmur.
    I'm feeling guilty that everything is going well for us...(i dont want to sound big headed or anything), i;m a religious person but i cannot get my head around bad things happening to good people. i usually believe that everything happens for a reason yadda yadda but sometimes it just doesnt make sense. then i feel bad when i have a down day cos i really have nothing to feel down about and everything to be grateful for...
    sorry...it's a me post today

don't be sorry Tara - we all feel like that at times hun - question the reasons behind everything. I'm about - just keeping to myself at the moment. I having a colonoscopy on friday, and my anxiety is raging at the moment.... the unknown is never good with me. I completely stuffed dinner tonight, just because I couldnt figure out what to have. I have to have specific things for the three days upto thursday, and then only clear liquid on thursday along with a yukky drink. Because we had a radical food change when I was diagnosed with pre diabetes, all the stuff that I am supposed to eat is no longer in the house - and all the things that I am not supposed to eat are - complete change around, and I am not coping with it. silly i know in the big scheme of things - how hard can it be to eat a high carb diet for three days.... apparently harder then I thought!

Sorry girls, feeling better today. Had a bit of a cry to DH last night, so that always helps. Pregnancy hormones...who needs 'em!
    Hope everyone is well.
    Vicky - I read a book a couple of years ago called 'How to stop worrying and start living' by Dale Carnegie. It absolutely changed my life. I actually read it thinking how much i admired that man and i would love to meet him, turned out it was written over 50 years ago and he died shortly after! But just goes to show you how long people have been dealing with the same issues and sage advice is timeless. It's a good book because you can just read sections of it as you need to. Thanks for your advice last night too, it helps to know you're not alone

Does anyone else find when they post a reply it's on a page on it's own so you can't scroll up and read what everyone else has written? Well, given the pg hormones I can't remember what everyone is up to, but hope you're all well and have a happy day

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast