Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #4

Hi Girls..

Ok, well ill start from the beginning, i guess, this maybe quiet long

Well im 21 and DP is 25, and our bewtiful Ryley Matthew is 7 months, he was born 6th December, weighed 6lbz 4oz (2835g).. he was two weeks early, but once we had Rye, i was told that they got my dates wrong and he was actually 4 weeks early, he was very healthy and staked on the weight when he came home... i was in labour for 22 hours and had ryley at 4.19am.. must say it was the best experience of my life and it sumfn i will cherish 4 life..

Me and Df got engaged in Jan 07 and found out we were pregnant in May 07 just before my 20th Birthday.. We have are currently renting in Gosnells,but we are building a house in Byford (up in the hills sorta)....Were not sure if we will have anymore, DF is quiet happy with Ryley, but i want more, as i think all mums do, i jsut want to go thru the birthing experience again... well i think i have dribbled on enough, but i would love to hear all about ur babies and family so please do tell me, coz im a bog fan of talkin babies

Also i wanted to ask DS has two solid meals a day, he has breakfast and dinner, but i was wondering when so i introduce lunch, and what can i give him for lunch, hes not the best with bread, which i found out he is actually shouldnt be having for sum silly reason, but loves toast...what can i give hm for lunch?? please help

My lil man also has a toungue tie, which runs in my family, which he will be gettin cut on 18 August, i was told that if i dont get it cut he wont be able to talk properly, i am going to Joondalup Hospital, have any of u been there and is it and OK hospital?? im actuallly quiet scared because he is have anestetic and goin to sleep, should i be worried?? i no they will take care of him, but im really worried and sort of dont want him to get it done

Thanks Girls...

xXxXxXx

Hi Ladies. LOL Hoody sorry I have been MIA. It must get pretty boring in here sometimes, but sometimes I struggle a bit to find the energy or time to get on to the computer. Still fighting with my sinus infection, its mostly gone but have had a horrible headache for about a week.

Still not wonderful sleep in our house. It is getting better but these teeth are sure messing us around. The second bottom one cut through yesterday, so I am hoping we might get a bit of a break soon. Unfortunately he has now started to bite me when he feeds which is not good news \.

On the moving news Jacob has finally decided to start rolling. We were getting a few rolls from back to belly but then he would just stay there. However on Saturday he started rolling back to front and then front to back which is great. He doesn't get quite so frustrated now. Still not moving forward though which annoys him, just backwards LOL,

DB I am so happy to hear that Caden is back on the boob. They are fussy little buggers sometimes aren't they. You have been so strong to push through it. Remember to take some time out for yourself. You have been trough a lot of stress.

Hoody - sounds like you have had another few fun days in your house. I hope you are feeling better. Its the worst thing having to look after everyone else when you feel crappy yourself. Good luck with the job interview.

MummyMelz welcome - yes it is quiet in here at times, but then all of a sudden everyone will come back and it will get really busy. Looking foward to hearing about you and getting to know you.

Heo everyone else. hope all is well.

Hoody - ROFL about us talking to each other! I am in the same boat, sometimes I log in only to see the last comment was from myself! Pretty boring, talking to yourself all day long Bummer about the pneumonia, I hope it clears up soon. Good luck with the job interview, you will never know unless you give it a go! (my personal motto). Curves sounds like a great place to work, and "strange" hours might suit your DHs work better anyways.

June - great news on the rolling. As for the biting, it should pass soon as he realises that you are not a teether. I find Caden bites around the times he is teething. I am getting much better at determining when he is about to bite, and tell him off by saying a firm "no". Apparently the worst thing is yelping in pain and shocking them (can lead to breast refusal ) so go gently. If Caden bites a few times, I end the feed and try again later when he is more keen.

As for us, we are crawling now properly! He loves to stand though, and crawling really is just a way to get to somewhere where he can stand up. I have bought him a walking frame thing which he is not all that trustful of yet, but I am sure with practice he will be fine. He can walk when I hold his hands, and sometimes takes off so fast, he knows exactly where he wants to go (usually to the oven to see his own reflection in the glass, what a vain little thing ). I think he may walk early, as he just needs the balance now and he will be off. He even stands by himself for a few seconds, which is a little bit scary, like "look mummy, no hands!" then slowly, like slow-motion, falls backwards, heh heh. Lucky mummy is there to catch him

Well, enough about us, hope everyone is going ok?

Mel- SO glad to see you have intoduced your self properly to everyone. Molly has 3 feeds a day and at the moment she has cereal of some sort with fruit for brekkie, Lunch is either same again or vegies and for dinner i try to give her pureed meat and veg but some days she just gets whatever i have handy. Molly too loves toast though i try not to give it too her as you say its not good for them to have too early. For finger food i stick with soft fruit or veg etc. So things like thin slices of water melon or avocado etc etc. With regards to Joon hospital thats where i had both of my girls. I know it has a pretty bad rep but both my experiences where positive. Are you taking Rye alone or will your DF or family be going with you? I live literally 5 mins away so if you need anything while you are there or want some one to have a cuppa with while he is in you know how to contact me.

June- Your right it does get boring in here i am only ever on the computer for quick intervals but i always check this thread 1st and get really frustrated when i can see i was the last to post. WTG on the new tooth hopefully you will get some relief with the sleeping issues soon. I hope you are feeling better even though you still have the sinus infection iykwim.

DB- I too often sign in to see it was me who last posted it can be a bit frustrating. I have thought about moving to a faster thread but feel like i know everyone in here and dont want to have to start again iykwim. Caden sounds like he is very active. I think at this rate Molly wont walk until she's 18 lol but not complaining i am busy enough.

OK took DD1 back to Dr this mo and there has been a slight imrovement on the new antibiotics so i'm hoping she will be well by the weekend as (not sure if i mentioned this already) we are having Molly baptised on Sunday. Although we arent overly religious we got DD1 done and i'm glad we did. We are having it done at a church in town though so its quite far (40 min drive) I feel like she is so big to be getting done as she will be 8 months to the day and we had DD1 done at 6 months but with our run of illnesses we just havent had time to organise it sooner. We are then having an afternoon tea/party at our house afterwards so it will be a full on day for all of us.

Welcome Melz, sorry I didnt' respond to you, I missed your post. Caden is the oldest of this group as he came 3 weeks early. He was born naturally weighing 3585 grams and 50 cms long. He is so cute, but we have had our ups and downs as time goes by, this being our first (and maybe only...) bub. DH finds it a bit hard, and is not really bonded with him yet, but I am hoping that time will fix it and we will try for another.

As for solids, we have 3 meals a day, but breakfast and dinner are the biggest. I try and make sure he has had enough milk, otherwise he just fills up on solids and gets a tummy ache. For breaky I give him cereal of some sort - have recently introduced porridge, semolina and wheat bix. For lunch it might be yoghurt and fruit, and dinner is veges with maybe some cheese, rice or cous cous. He is a big eater so loves everything, and also loves toast. I make these rusks by cutting wholemeal into slices and baking them in oven on 100 degrees for about an hour or so. They go really hard and he LOVES them. I am quite partial to them myself. They were actually recommended by my health nurse, so I hope they are ok?

Hoody - I don't think you mentioned the baptism. Good on you, it is hard to find the time, but it is a nice way to "introduce" them to the world, even if it is not about religion. We got Caden done at around six months and I am glad I did because he wore my Christening gown and it only just fit! I was almost a year old when I got christened

Well, already posted once today, so I think I have talked enough!

DB- i make some home made rusk things my MCHN told me a really quick and easy way. You can use normal sliced bread or have a loaf and cut a thick slice. Butter and vegimite then cut into fingers and microwave for about 45secs. When they come out they are really hot and soft but within minutes they are rock hard. They take seriously 2 mins to make and are great for a quick lunch or snack and to take out and about. I would love to have your recipe too though i dont have one for the ove

See i'm on here on and off all day too.

Hi All,

thanks for the great advice girls, i give him weetbix, custard, museli for brekkie and for dinner i give him veggies and meat, also pasta like tuna and spagetti, i also give him Soy yougurt because of his cows milk allergy, he can only have soy based products, but the prob i have is that the soy yogurt is quiet expensive and to give to him every lunch time would hurt the bank account, i have thought of giving him fruit or advocado, what sort of fruit can i give him, he has had apple and bananna (which he hated and gaged on)... but thank u, you have helped heaps...

Hoody - Yeah i have heard heaps of bad things about joondalup, but im not won to judge, heaps of ppl bagged out Armadale-Kelmscott hospital, and thats were i had Ryley but i found it to be such a great hospital and they were fantastic, i think DF is coming but depends on work so if not defently my Nanna, which i think she will come even if DF comes, MY nanna absoultely adores my lil man :0 think the world of him and she looks after him on fridays when i work

Well my day was awesome today My brother and his girlfriend has a lil boy today at KEMH, 7lb 15oz, 50cm long, and absoultely bewtiful.. i cant believe my lil man was that small once, so i am now an aunty times 7, but it is still exciting everytime also my lil man has gotten his 7th tooth, both thing is in so much pain, but u would not because he is just so quiet

DB- As for Dh not bonding, i think it might be a male thing. When Ryley was born he was bonding with him much because, well new born babies rnt that exciting to men, but no as rye is getting bigger and is actually playing and smiling, talking and isnt so mcuh newborn, he has gotten better, but he still has his moments, i think its just a male thing, it doesget me quiet upset, but i no as rye gets older and starts walking i think thats when the major bonding happens.. so dont worri because they will bond it just may take sumetime...

Oh a sader not, my DF's bestfriend Brain met this girl Sharon and they had a one night stand and then decided they like each other and started dating, so before they new it she was pregnant, which they concevied on the night of the one night stand, well the night before the one night stand she slept with another Guy, who we will Call DD1, well she didnt no who dad was so brian decided that he wonts this baby and they will be a family (Sharon already has 3 boys to another guy), well DD1 got a new gf who got pregnant, and she had a lil boy, so DD1 decided he wanted to do a paternity test to see who the father actually was, and it turned out not o be brian but DD1's, so that sad not is brian couldnt handle being with someone that has 4 kids that werent his, and she didnt wont anymore, so the sad thing is there not together anymore, and i just find it really sad, she no has 4 kids and no dad figure at home sorry i need to get it out

Well im off i think i have talked enugh

bye for now

Hir Girls,

Sorry haven't read posts (so not being rude, not replying) cause I am in an internat cafe but just wanted to let you all know that we are all good. I will read posts later and do personals when I am somewhere I can use my own computer..

we are on hols for about 4 weeks (caravaning in Central QLD), so will pop in when I can.

Hope you are all well.

take care
    Heather

Heather - enjoy your holidays! It must be so nice just to get out of the house?

Hoody - the microwave recipe sounds alot quicker, I will give it a go.

Melz - what a story. That is so sad, especially if he really likes her. I guess if she has four kids, maybe oneday she might have another? But it might be too late if they have broken up. Reminds me of a similar story. There is a guy, lets call him Fred, is married and has lots of kids. He is approaching retirement and gets what you call the "midlife crisis" and does the deed on and off with his secretary for 3 years. The secretary, we shall call her Wilma, is married to Barnie and they are trying for a child of their own. Oneday, Wilma finds out she is pregnant, but is unsure who the father is...her husband, or her long-time love affair? She refuses to have an amnio done due to the risk to the child, so lives out the next 9 months in complete dishonesty allowing Barnie to believe that he is the father. Once Pebble is born, they soon find out that in fact Fred is the father, and he leaves his wife of many years and their children to shack up with half-his-age Wilma and begin a life of their own. Very sad. Poor Barnie has not only lost his wife, but also the child he thought was his for nine months.

Truth is stranger than fiction huh?

As for the fruits, I have since tried Caden with melon, banana, apple, pear, kiwifruit, and mandarin (more as a finger food). I also tried pineapple but think it was a bit sour for him, and plums are good too. It is nice when I have made a few and I can mix them all together to make a fruit salad.

Have you tried normal yoghurt? Barb, the lactation consultant on a different thread, said that sometimes babies who have the cow's milk allergy can actually tolerate yoghurt and cheese, but not the whole milk? I am sure you have probably sussed this out already.

Ok, enough from me, better get some stuff done while the lil fella is having a sleep,

Melz- Your poor friend what a horrible sitution to be in big for him. I hope that in time he finds a loving partner so when he does decide to have children its in a loving relationship. With re to fruit Molly loves any sort of melon as long as its ripe and cut into thin slices but mind you unlike Rye she is lacking on the teeth so he may be fine with chunkier pieces. I havent tried citrus, strawberry or Kiwi as i know from DD1 having lots of allergies that these are some to introduce slowly. How did you find out about Rye's allergy? My DD1 is anaphylactic to eggs and nuts

DB- So did you try the rusk recipe? If so how did it go.

Heather- Enjoy your time away- i'm very jealous.

Well not much to tell here. DD1 is definately on the mend. Still not great but 100% on what she was. I dont know if its an attention thing or if she has just picked up that i have a real name thats not Mummy but for the last few days mummy has gone out the window and she has been calling me Nat (my 1st name) or Mummy Nat I am trying not to make an issue out of and am ignoring it and answering like normal but its very cute. I dont know weather i should correct her laugh or what.

Molly has been good today a bit ratty this afternoon with killer red cheeks and red bum again so i think her teeth are bothering her AGAIN. I just wish they would come through she has been teething for wks and we still dont have any.

Hoody - Caden takes FOREVER to teethe. It is like the bumps appear on this gum, which is usually accompanied by grizzliness and off his food, then about 6 years later (ok, maybe about a month and a bit) a tooth will finally cut, also accompanied by said grizzliness and off his food . I hate the tooth fairy so much right now. I haven't tried the rusk recipe, no time just yet, but when I have run out of my other ones, I am sure this will be the quicker option anyways.

Glad to hear Molly is on the mend. As for the name calling, apparently this is very normal, all my gfs with older bubs have said the same, with exactly the same response as yours - "I want to tell her to call me mummy, but it just sounds so damn cute when she says my name!" They grow out of it, so I wouldn't stress.

As for us, lots of pulling himself up. He doesn't really like crawling, he sees it as a means to get himself to the nearest object so he can jump up. He also holds my hands and walks, which is tricky when he grabs my hands and just takes off, I have to quickly get up so I can support him to wherever he wants to go. He THINKS he can walk, but he just doesn't have the balance yet, which is quite funny when he just makes a beeline to wherever he wants to go, and I am trying to stop him from falling over. I am really looking forward to when he starts walking, as I honestly think he will be much happier. He wants to be bipedal, not quadrapedal dammit!

Hope everyone else is having a good week?

Oh well thats wierd. I was wondering why DB and Hoody were referring to Mummy Melz post about her introduction. For some reason it didn't show up on my computer until after my last post. So sorry Mummy Melz I wasn't ignoring you. Sounds like you have had a busy couple of years. Its only natural that you are worried about the operation for Ryley. I am sure that it will be fine. As for food Jacob is on three pretty big meals a day and the occasional morning and afternon tea now where we play around with finger food without much success. Mornings is usually cereal, lunch and dinner I just interchange. It could be veggies, soup, risotto, casserole, that sort of thing. I haven't tried sandwiches yet (as he is a big gagger), but will be looking at the soon. I also do things like natural yoghurt, mashed fruits (pears are really good)

DB - You are right the biting has subsided (thank God!!) I love the fact that Caden thinks he can walk. They get so proud of themselves don't they. I am thinking about buying some walking wings so I don't have to keep bending down all the time to hold Jacobs hands while he walks around the house.

Hoody - enjoy the Christening. We had Jacobs a few months ago, and like you it wasn't particulary reglious, more of a celebration and a good chance to get family together. Thanks for the rusks recipie I am going to try that today. Was getting sick of buying them. I am thinking of you and the eternal teething. I know what thats like. I hope they make their way through soon. So good to hear tha Molly is feeling better

Heather - hey there, wasn't sure if you had headed off yet. Enjoy your time away and we will catch up when you get back.

Hello everyone else. Hope all is well.

Hello lovely girls

DB - Oh it really makes me upset, when people arent safe and they get preggo and they have no idea who the father is, i personally couldnt do it, i guess some women just to care and have respect for them selves, but it is really said...
    Oh i really feel for Barnie, thats so sad on his behelf..
    Welol regarding the cows milk allergy the doctor i seen (whom we wont name coz he was a di**head) said he cant have anything, but i think i would love to get other opinions, coz my lil man loves yogurt i did look on the net, but doesnt tell me what im looking for

Ok we have tried, banana and thats a no go, he gagged big time and screwed his face up, i also tried Mandrin and kiwifruit and there no going there either, i think my boy with be a veggie and pasta boy, i will try him on watermelon and that tomorrow, please keep fingers crossed

HOODY - with the cows milk allergy i seen the doctor at the hospital, when ryley was first born he would have really bad diarreha or really hard poos and would spew like no tomorrow and it was because of the normal formulas, then i put him onto soy and then we found out he had a bit of colic and really bad reflux, i remember when he was first born (well like 6 weeks old) i would sit there for hours and i mean hours trying to get him to burp, he was in so much pain that no matter what i did it wouldnt come up, like i hung him up side down, pressed into his belly, nothing work, he would be in so much pain, so i switched to Reflux formula and i havent had a problem since...

JUNE - yeah im not having much luck with the finger food, give him anything on a spoon and it will be gone, im learning at the moment, its all trial and error we have had a very busy and stressful could of years, but where r slowly gettn there...

Hey, is anyone shocked at the price of food, i did a food shop today and evrything is so expensive.. i did a small food shop an it cost me over $100.00 and i barely brought anything sorry thats my winge for today

Ciao for now bellas

Db- I cant believe how much Caden is doing my lil Molly is very slow!Not complaining but it just spins me out. By now my DD1 was crawling etc but none of that for Molly.

June- Lovely to hear from you again. I hope you are well.

Mel- I hear you on food shopping i spend about 220-250 weekly when last year my average was 150.

Very grumpy baby and toddler in my house today Thankfully both in bed for now but i wonder whos turn it will be to wake me up tonight. No news to tell- i'm a bit boring today.

Melz - food is definitely a worry. I duck in some times to do a top up shop and it ends up costing what a normal shop used to be. It is frustrating as my DH still thinks we should be spending $100 per week (like we did pre-GST) and is horrified when we end up spending $350 on a fairly small shop and still need a top up in between. We normally shop about once every three weeks, but still do a couple of top ups between, which just adds up. I bought a pumpkin also and it lasted about 2 days before I had to throw it out. I hate throwing expensive food out, but sometimes you just get enough time to cook it that night.

Hoody - All in good time on the mobility front. Caden was actually one of hte last in our mothers group to crawl, although he is the youngest. But once he crawled, it was like he reached a whole new level of mobility and is now even more mobile than the others. Like right now he is pushing the laundry basket around the room by walking it. Very cute.

June - LOL about being so proud of themselves. He just loves being upright! Yesterday we went to a first birthday, and these oldies asked how old Caden was and then commented on how strong his legs were and how well he was walking (with us holding onto him). I felt so proud of him, strangely enough. I mean, it is not as if I care if he didn't walk for ages, cos I know it is not a competition, but it was nice to have the cleverest baby for once IYKWIM.

As for us, doing well here. Had an awful night the night before last where Caden was up from 12 to 2 and crying. I think he had a sore tummy cos he did a monster poo the next morning. He seems to get a runny bottom when he is teething, and the bottom second two teeth have just started moving so I think it was a combo of discomfort. Luckily last night he got more sleep.

It is so hard to change nappies nowadays! I have to pin him down and he just cries. If it is not a pooey one I just let him stand and try and change it that way. AND putting him to bed is hard because unless he is really tired, he just stands up. Oh well, he is sitting in my lap at the moment and I really need to put him to bed.

Have a great weekend, what is left of it, and chat soon,

Just a quickie from me today!

Had Molly's Baptism/Christening today and it was lovely. A very hectic day that started for me at 7.30am this morning (not to mention all the prep i did yesterday) and our last guest left at 8.30pm this evening from our afternoon tea party that started at 1.30pm Needless to say we are all utterly exhausted. She was very good during the Mass and for the actual ceremony i was very proud of my girl. DD1 on the other hand cried through the ceremony and kept demanding "My Turn" I have some beautiful pic as one of my friends from mothers gorup is an aspiring photographer and took literally 100 or so pics. I am a little upset that some ppl i really expected and wanted to attend did not The friendship has been strained for some time now but i really thought they'd be there for my princesses big day. I phoned and let them know about it and also posted an invite so the ball was in their court. Molly got some beautiful presents including a lovely Pandora bracelet that i am very jealous of. I have shown DH and put my order in for if he ever decides to suprise me with a present

Hope you are all well.

Oh Hoody the new photo of Molly is just gorgeous. I am glad you had a good day yesterday, even if it was long.

DB - hmm not looking forward to when Jacob can pull himself up. Nappy changes are an absolute nightmare at the the moment and he is still laying down. The only thing lately that has kept him in one place is if I give him a nappy to play with

Mummy Melz - totally agree about the grocery shop. I have been tracking our expenditures in a budget over the last few years and the increase has been crazy. Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do about it though.

Hmm, just realised I hadn't updated my and DH's ages sinces our birthdays. Probably should update Jacob's photo too.

Here we go, new photo and birthdays updated

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast