Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Kristie - another 4 months of the mini pill sounds ideal - I just have to get around to renewing it LOL. Mind you, there is still a part of me that would be happy to fall pg soon (if it wasnt for these last 5kg I havent budged ). I went to the gym this morning too & put Emma into the creche. I hope you start getting some more sleep soon! I wonder what's causing all these wake ups? He was doing so well at night for a while wasnt he?

Kirsty - I hope its closer to 4 months for you. I hope the solids work wonders for Gus too!

Kell - Being a librarian sounds great - especially having holidays when the kids do!

Just a fairly quiet week ahead for us, which is nice. Going camping again this weekend so I'm hoping the rain clears up!

i am having a hell of a time with C at night also,i am at my wits end,her cold has gone and i think she has settled into the new habit of waking up and having me there to comfort her and feed her etc etc,she has been waking every 2 hours for the past week and at least 3 times before that while her cold was bad,i am going to post in another thread to see what help i can get,it has to stop we are exhausted.she used to be such a good sleeper!!!!!!!
    nikki

Hi!

Linda - I really don't know. We're just going to have to be persistant with no feeds I suppose. We gave him some water last night though just in case he was a little dry...
    Good on both of us for gyming it! hehe. 5kg isn't too bad! I'm ok with my weight I just want to firm up a bit - a couple of kg would be good but I think it's just too much hard work at the moment. I head to the gym only 3 x a week and I haven't been eating that great...I think I'm just maintaining at the moment - hehe.

We're going away for the weekend too! Off to Port Fairy with dh family. All paid for so it should be great. It's a 4 br townhouse and it has a spa so we're going to give Louis his first every spa bath! he he. I'm hoping that dh and I can go out for a couple of hours on our own with all the babysitters that will be there!

Nikki - Let me know when you post!!!

Nikki - sounds like she is going through the same as Louis - whatever that is?

Kristie - your weekend away sounds great!!!! Louis will love the spa!! I'll think of you in luxury while we're eating baked beans by the fire LOL

Wow it's quiet in here today!
    Have a great time with your Sis Fletch
    Zacmiester has a cold but he his handling it so much better than Bill. Just seems to be sleeping it off.
    He has still been sleeping the 13hr at night but now his 2hr morning nap is a 3 hr & then the luchtime nap is 3 hrs & his arvo one is 2hrs, so my day is sooooo boring! has been like this for 4 days now, there is no time for outings anymore!! Maybe it is just a result of the cold he has, poor little vegemite, his eyes are all red & puffy & all his does is cough, sneeze & fart!
    Oh well, more housework to do.

Wow quiet in here...

Just a quick post to tell you all that, as you can tell from my ticker, I am pg with #3!

Hope everyone is well!

Bon

mooshie Guest

hi girls

omg bon - that is great news, am really happy for you congratulations. oh and please send some baby dust my way ta lol.

hi to everyone else - not much to say (wow thats unusual) got my new computer yesterday so i am still mucking around with it lol. lani is asleep and jay is playing at a friends so i am playing with my new toy lmao.

hopefully will be back on tonight and i will try and get personals done.

have a great day

Kristy - No pain, no gain unfortunately. Poor Gussy I can't wait to get Benjamin weighed again. He's definitely got heavier since I put him on solids. Great to hear Gussy is growing so well now =D> Benjamin commando crawls, but at times he does the worm crawl thing too, usually when he's got a thumb in his mouth and won't take it out. Everyone keeps telling me how much fun it will be for us when Benjamin starts to crawl, literally hide and go seek if you turn your back for an instance.

Melissa

Huge congratz to you Bon!!

Yay Bon what super news for you, hope you have a H&H 9 months, well 8 really!

Hi Michelle how's your school hols going? We are very tired over here, well I am anyway. ATM Jem is watching Playschool, Jess is wrecking Jemma's flash cards and the other kids are next door and down the road. Arron is at work and I am procrastinating and on the puter instead of hanging the washing and cleaning the house. But i am so disorganised today it's not funny, we were watching cyclone stuff on tv and then I didn't get brekky till 12.30pm, the kids ahd eaten but I hadn 't, so now I am all out of whaclk.

Hope everyone is well
    michelle

GeorgieK Guest

Hi girls, just a quick post before I hit the books for some more engineering

Poor Zaccie, Storm, I hope his cold passes soon. At least he's sleeping it off (what are you doing with all that spare time???) and not rampagingly (is that a word?!) grumpy. Is he eating/drinking OK? LOL at the coughing, sneezing and farting, poor little man! Love the website pics, its so nice to put faces to your clan. WTG with the caterpillar action, it wont be long...

Brooke, Charlotte sounds like such a clever little miss, all those words already! How cool! Maybe she's saving up the crawling for a while and resting on her laurels! Im always a bit sad when I realise James has hit another milestone; its so exciting but I hate the tought of him growing up - he'll be bringing home girls before I know it

Congrats on the house sale, Soph, although its sad to give it up. Have fun with your SIL. How is the lovely Lucie today?

Sounds like camping was a hoot Jo. I reckon you always need to go at least 3 nights, cos sleeping in a tent is always a shocker for the first 2! Hope you got a good nights sleep.

Yay for your JJ, Cass! Im so glad Princess kaitlyn loves it and it was worth it! My DH is a bit of knight with shining credit card sometimes, too, I love not having to feel that tiny bit guilty about it then!

Love Zane's new pic, Fletch. And love the self serve in BigW too, I have to say! James tried out the FP swing at a friends house the other day, and loved it, just giggled like a maniac the whole time. Where did you get yours? Havent found one yet in the usual dept store haunts. Enjoy your sister's visit too!

James is on a fruit and yoghurt thing, too, Bec. Thanks for mentioning Baby Love - its a permanent fixture on out coffee table, but I read so many different parts I forget stuff like that all the time. Its good to get some perspective, and just because they wont eat veges this week, doesnt mean they never will. James does rather like her basic beef and veges though, with cheese stirred in. Great idea to zip Josh inside his sleeping bag, arms and all, too.

We are doing OK with the wrapping thing. Im no bothered by wrapping him per se; James used to really like it, but this last week or so has been yelling whne we wrap him and fighting to get out (only at night though!). So I figured he didnt really like it anymore; now he just has to learn to get to sleep without it. I figured it was becoming a problem when he wouldnt go back to sleep if he woke up and got unwrapped, so thats when we decided to change. So far so good. He is still wrapped (loosley)during the day, because there are more distractions (esp at childcare) and he sleeps better with it. My goodness, how obsessed do we get with all the tiny details???

We all had a fab weekend, ate way too much! We went out for lunch at a really yummy restaurant in Blackheath yesterday, and James was an absolute gem for the whole 4 hours. Sat on the banquette between Bertie and I and made eyes at everyone, flirted with owner, got stuck into my icecream 8-[ . It was really nice, esp since our guest is childless and not baby-orientated at all (she didnt even hold James all weekend!), and I didnt feel like James dominated everything, IYKWIM.

Better get onto that study.

kristie,i have just spent hours reading posts from other mums who have gone through the same thing as us.some of it has been really helpful,go have a look.i have also posted HOW DO I TACKLE THIS!!!!!!so i hope i get some really useful ideas,will let you know how i develope with C and we can give each other ideas and updates.
    nikki

Hey Melissa - Banjamin was born on the 4th wasnt he? My ticker says Emma is 5m2w1d old & Benjamins is 5m2w2d old. Mine always seems to be a day behind, but it is the same ticker makers. Did you change his birth date or do I have a setting wrong? 8-[

Hello lovely ladies

Storm I hope little Zaccy is feeling better today..poor Sausage..its so awful when they are sick. I really have to get Zac to whisper in Sammys ear about sleeping lol....i wish. I find I have to run around like a mad thing to try and get things done while he sleeps. He has 3 x 1 hour sleeps a day and well Ive prattled on and on about how many times he wakes during the night

And congrats on the toothies, thats so great!

Woohoo Cass! Kaitlyn will no doubt love bouncing.

Sorry had to cut this short, my little fella is awake again.....

Bye for now

Jo

Ah Jo, Sammy just doesn't want to miss a thing! Glad camping trip was a success and hope you have rested up a bit since.

Georgie - Yummo your weekend sounds great, and so much better too when bubs co-operates and behaves. Sounds like you have the wrapping thing sussed. Actually you sound like a very relaxed mummy! Hope the study went ok.

Storm - Wow so much sleep! Maybe he's having a growth spurt too and needs his rest. Hope the cold goes soon. Do you give him anything for it? We are yet to get our first cold, but Lucie was a bit nasaly last night so I thought one might be on the way.

Fletch - It's bizarre, it's like someone flicked a switch and now I am so much more relaxed! Lucie only had 60ml yesterday morning, which normally would have had me in tears and very distressed. But I just gave her some rice cereal and gave her another 30ml about an hour later and just left it. I feel so much better! Wow I am jealous of you having your sister to visit. Lovely to catch up isn't it. Mine is here next week and I haven't seen her since Christmas. I can't wait. And woweeee on Zane crawling - you'll really have to be on your toes now!

Cass - Yeap the biccies are a bit messy I agree. Congrats on the JJ too. I didn't realise they were so big though! We are actually thinking now that we will get an amby hammock for bub #2 and you can get an amby jumper thing for them, so might just go with that. I just really don't want to have to have 2 cots!

Bec - Oh Josh on the lounge sounds adorable! Lucie doesn't mind her car seat (actually we just put her in that now from the capsule - still technically a bit small weight wise, but she definately has the head control etc for it), I think she just gets a bit bored if we drive for too long. Well done on 'me' time too, it's a bizarre feeling isn't it? And I say give the child whatever they will eat. Lucie has always been more into veg than fruit. They are all so different!

Hi Tracey! How's the hairy beauty?

My SIL is here now and it's great. She won't stop doing my housework though! She has hung the washing out and got it in and folded it, done the dishes and helped with dinner. What a star! And she's a doc too, so I can pester her with questions - gave her Lucie's lump report so she deciphered that for me which was good.

And as I was saying to Fletch I am so much more relaxed atm re feeding. Having more success with solids too. Now we have morning bottle, an hour later some solids, 4 hours later bottle, 4 hours later another bottle, 3 hours later dinner solids (taking around 2 tbs!) and then an hour or 2 later bottle and bed. So far so good!

WTG Soph glad someone has flicked the switch for you. I wish somebody would come & do all my housework for me, I'd love not to do the same things everyday. Zaccie is feeling better today, it's funny I gave him a dose of demazin yesterday & it's all gone, except for the coughing (& farting, but demazin wont clear that lol)

Hello Jo how is super Sammy going?

Hi Geogie, Yay for James being so good at the resturant for you, & nice to hear you had a great time too, lucky thing, Bill hates resturants :fuming: so we rarely go.
    I find heaps to do with my spare time lately, internet, ............. hhhmmmm I think that's about it nnaaahhh my house it sparkling!!!All those little odd jobs are getting done, put with 6 little puppies who are being weaned off mum, I'm kinda busy teaching them how to lap & geeez they make such a mess!

Well, I must go & do some more cleaning, I'm doing the girls clothes today, though I think I will just do 1 room at a time, such a big job *sigh* must be done.
    Have a great day all....

Hi Girls,

Just jumped on line to do a little work for DH so I thought I would say a quick hey!. Kaitlyn is sleeping ...thank goodness..before we go to Gymbaroo!.

We have had a bad few days with this little toof...she just wont let me out of her sight and wants to be in my arms alllllll thhhhheee timmmeee . But I do feel bad for her as I can tell her gums are sore because she has even rejected the dummy a few times :shock:

Storm
    thanks for the hint on the JJ , I told DH last night and about an hour later I caught him checking the bolt hehe.

Fletch I hope you had a nice dinner with your family. I cant believe Zane is chatting and crawling how exciting ! I cant wait until Kaitlyn moves about and says something other then Screammmmmmm hehe.

Storm
    Glad little Zac is feeling better today ..the poor little mite. We gave demazin to Kaitlyn when she got her first cold/cough and it worked for us so fast as well ..it was amazing!. You sound very busy , I love getting the odd jobs done as it gives you so much more of a sense of acheivement then doing the standard housework.

Georgie your lunch out sounds lovely!. Funny how some friends just take your little one and you get to relax and enjoy them playing all afternoon and others are to scared to touch them. And Babylove is always on my coffee table to at the moment ..hehe. Kaitlyn is back to being wrapped because of her teeth. It is funny how obsessed we get over the little things , sometimes I think what if Kaitlyn is bored am I entertaining her enough ..silly ... HOpe the study is going well I gave mine up when I feel pregnant as I was getting way to stressed.

Yay soph on youre new relaxed mummy attitude =D> =D> . Want to send your SIL my way hehehe. SO nice that she is helping you really shows she understands what you need !.

Well we went to the Drs and Kaitlyn ways 9.1Kgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to measure her as she is very long so I want to know how tall she is as well.

I introduced her to cheese yesterday . We had Pumpkin , Corn , Peas with grated cheese for lunch and then Pumpkin , Spinich , Cheese and a LIttle creamy rice cereal for dinner ..and she DEVOURED it . I steamed a little extra Jasmine rice when I made our dinner last night so I am going to give her a little "baby vege risotto " tonight . I am so bad ...I test it a couple of times as it is so yummy

Well I better run and put a little make up on before Gymbaroo .

Cass

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast