Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

OPps...I mean Kaitlyn Weighs...not ways ...arghhh post pregnancy spelling brain still around!.

Soph that is so great you are feeling more relaxed...well done honey. Enjoy your SIL being there too..she sounds fantastic and exactly what you need...just chill and enjoy. People love being able to help. Thanks I am a lot more rested now too...i spent practically the whole day yesterday washing clothes, hanging clothes and folding clothes...lol...the downfall of going away for the weekend I guess

Fletchie did I miss Zaney crawling....whooohoooo that is so great...Crawling and a new toofie!! Sammy is moving backwards at great speed now..its so very cute. He actually got up on his knees yesterday for the first time and sat himself up from a laying postion........awww proud mummy here!

Bec sounds like you do have the wrapping thing sussed. Sammy was never really big into the wrapping...he was such a wriggler lol. The me time sounds great...good for you...bet you feel like a new woman.

Storm I can understand the dilema with putting up a ttc ticker..as if it might take away from little Zaccys babytime..whatever you decide will be perfect for you..Zaccy is a very loved little boy. Hope his cold is getting better too...and whoohooo on the caterpilla crawl..clever fella.

Brooke how is the gorgeous Charlotte today? Its a gorgeous name. Do you break it down at all. I went to uni with a Lottie. Isnt the babbling just gorgeous..i love it. Sammy is daddad bubbub and ni ni..lol..too cute.

Cass the swinging chairs are great too...are you meaning a swing or a chair that rocks midflight? Sammy has both but the swinging chair thing doesnt get used all that much now..he loves his swing though...tends to love anything outside.

Georgie your lunch sounds gorgeous. What a sweetheart James is...did he love the icecream? lol I love going out for lunch and dinner. Its nice cos the girls are old enough to not be silly ( years ago they thought climbing under the table was cute...so not cute!)and Sammy loves going out. A few weeks ago we went out to a Chinese restaruant and we had the stereotypical chinese ladies clucking over him ..it was so cute..they were moaning about their lack of grandchildren and the bribing they were resorting to to encourage their children to have babies..it was very funny.

Cass wow Kaitlyn is getting so big..wtg. Bet she loved her cheese. The risotto sounds fantastic. I steamed broccoli,carrot,beans last night and made a cheese sauce and let Sammy finger feed..he thought it was fantastic..big mess though lol. Hope Gymbaroo was fun.

Well I am feeling great today..much better sleep. We have been for a big walk after we took the kids to school..its tired him out though poor fella. Sammy is getting so fast in his walker..its like hes worked out how to reverse too. And when I go outside i say cmon Sammy lets go outside ..and his face just lights up and he hoons over to the door...lol.....Is outside a big hit for all the other babies? Not much happening today thank goodness..yesterday was too busy. The girls are going to be thrilled..weve found a place for them to go horseriding...they are horse mad at the moment..and nope not keen on buying a horse..lol.

Jo

\/ we have another toof!!!!

Funniest thing happened today, we went down the shop & the check out lady i always chat too was staring at Bill , like really staring, with her mouth 1/2 open, he walked through the checkout & she said to me," OMG, was that Hugh Jackman?' I laughed so much, & I said "no, that's my husband!" I really don't think he looks that hugh at all though one could wish.
    I have one room sorted!!! I ending up moving all the furniture around too, Katie loves it. AHHH now the others want their rooms done, so 1 down 3 to go.....

Oh Storm Hugh Jackman you lucky thing pmsl Good luck in the big moves lol..i get stuck with the same thing..but mum..now you have to do my room!!!

Hope you are having a nice day with DH Fletchie.

Jo

\/ you lucky thing Storm! As handsome as I know my DH is he could not be mistaken for a movie star hehehe. Yay on another tooth did it upset Zac ?

Girls I have to head to bed..so tired!. I have been trying to get on to the forum for about two hours ...I think there was something wrong with something..anyway now I am on and cant keep my eyes open! :sleeping:

I will catch up tomorrow.

cass

sorry one more ...I am a woman of second thoughts hehe.

Does anyone have a teething rusk recipe?. Kaitlyn is going through them with this new tooth and I thought I might cook her some up.

Hi Everyone

Well i had a hell of a day trying to express at work tody. It took 30 mins and I only got 150 ml..... I was so disappointed in myself.
    When I got home though I expressed again and was able to get 220ml and top up the other bottle to 240 ml \/
    I have to keep up the water intake when I am at work. I have been drinking a hell of a lot of coke at work....back to old pre pregnancy habits.

Nicole - I hope that Chantelle goes back to her old ways of sleeping well for you soon. It is a terrible thing having to get up again all the time when you just get used to the longer sleeps.
    I cant complain with Jordan though, he has been going 8-11 hrs over night at the moment which is great. I have been able to feed him about 6.30am-7am and then go to work early.

Kirstie - I am sure you will work out the helmet, you seem to have overcome all the other obsticles so far. You really are an inspiration with all you have concquered in the last 8 months. Congratulations.

Melissa - Benjamin is a clever little guy commando crawling.....he will be mobile in no time.

Krisvee - I hope Louis loves the spa, if he loves the bath no doubt he will. We put Jordan in the spa and he loves it, he is a real water baby though. Yeah on the weekend away, its so nice to have time out as a family.

Linda - you are a brave lady camping...... i am terrified of sleeping outdoors. Hope you have a fantastic time.

As for me, nothing really new. I have decided to do a plate decorating course and hope to sell custom plates as a side business. They will have a pic and your name and DOB on them. We got a similar plate when Jordan was born it is gorgeous. I will start as a hobby and then see if I can make a business out of it.

Night all

Sending LONG SLEEP VIBES TO YOU ALL :sleeping:

Hey Cass, I think there are a few rusk recipes in the breasfeeding, bottlefeeding, solids section. I did some easy ones - basically cut the crusts off a really fresh slice of bread and roll it up and squish it really tight. Then you just nuke it in the microwave, max 1 minute I think, just keep an eye on it. Then leave it to cool for 10 mins or so and whammo! My baby recipe book also says to cut a thick slice of wholemeal bread into 3 strips and spread with 1/8 tsp marmite (vegemite in our case though i guess!) melted in 1 tsp boiling water. Bake in oven at 180 celcius for 15 minutes. Can be stored in airtight container for 3-4 days. I know there are full rusk recipes somewhere in the other section though.

Way to go on porky Kaitlyn's weight gain too! Must be so muchwork to lift these big bubbas! I can still lift Lucie with one arm!

Thanks heaps too for emailing that stuff through on routines etc. Quick question for you all though, I know it's only a guide but the routine for 6-9 months in only 3 bottle/breast a day. Anyone doing this yet? I'll see how I go over the next few days but Lucie has basically not been keen on 10am feed so was wondering about it, but she can't afford obviously to miss out on anymore milk.

Oh Storm Hugh Jackman is a spunk! Bill must be too - good work girl

Hi Fletch! So did one of the mums take their sick bub? I'd be a bit hestitant too I reckon. I mean I know they can pick up germies from anywhere, but not sure I'd be keen on Lucie playing with a bub that was obviously unwell just in case. I hope you had fun anyway!

Jo - Yeap Lucie loves outside too. Guess it's a nice change for them. Glad you are feeling a bit more human after some sleep. Wow you must have so much washing with all those kids!

My SIL got Lucie this groovy walker thing yesterday. It's a Tomy one and you just push it, not sit in it. Then it converts to a little push bike for when they are older. We found a great baby shop in Byron Bay of all places, and they have heaps of second hand toys and stuff. Don't mind that it's second hand, it's all plastic so just needed a good wipe down!

And the buyers of our house work with my really good friend! How weird is that? So we are going to meet them and have a chat when we are in Brissie next. They have heaps of plans for the house, just like we did, so will be lovely to hear what they are going to do.

Ohhhh I've had the runs too since 4am. Not good when you have a crawling baby and you have to do a runner to the bathroom :shock:

GeorgieK Guest

Good morning girls.....

Sounds like everyone had such a busy day yesterday!

Oh, Soph, hope you are better before too long it cant be fun at all. On the feeds, we are still on 5 a day, with 3 solid meals, and no sign of that changing yet. Ive always just gone with the flow (some days James will want an extra feed); perhaps if Lucie is not keen on her 10am she might take more at the next one? Not that Im encouraging you to start counting again!!! Again, James can be really variable and some feeds he's only on for a few minutes. Your SIL sounds ace, and it soooo handy to have a doc in the family too!

Storm, glad to hear Zac is better. LOL at your Hugh story, Bill must be a bit of a spunk, lucky you! Like Cass said, mine would never be mistaken for anyone else! You are such a super-mum, cleaning, moving, looking after the puppies....you and Jo are my window to the future, with multiple kids! I need to get sooo much better at multi-tasking and staying focussed! And yay on the toofies!

Go Kaitlyn, 9.1 kgs! Hope that tooth is getting through soon though Cass. Glad she likes the cheese, Ive found its an easy way to make something James mght not otherwise be intereseted in a bit more palatable. But Kaitlyns sounds like a champ on the veges. I often eat the leftovers - wouldnt give the bubs anything we wouldnt eat ourselves, would we?! Hmmm, except porridge, that will never pass my lips. Hope you had a good sleep Cass...

Glad to hear you back on all 8 cylinders Jo and recovered from the big weekend expedition. I was a horse-mad kid too, but luckily we lived on a farm so I could have one (my dad was a mounted policeman too, which I thought was the coolest thing ever!). Im sure the girls will be wrapped when you tell them about the riding place. It sounds like Sammy is making leaps and bounds towards crawling too, sitting up from laying is so ace.

Fletch, PMSL at your DH on a "sickie". Yup, we got to Springwood Pool, its really nice. They have a great kids pool, and good changing rooms etc. There are always lots of parents and kids there, lots of room for the pram etc., cafe does an OK coffee too! Wednesdays can be a bit busy, cos thats high school sport day, and the kids can be a bit boistrous, but it kind of comes in waves if you dont mind sitting for an hour then it passes. Give me a yell if you want some company and we can have a swim and a coffee.

We dont have much to report - ah, no I lie, because James started clapping hands on Sunday! Another proud mummy! Grrr, he's waking up....he sleeps 2.5 hours at childcare, but barely 1 for me!! Better go....

CONGRATULATIONS BON!!! \/

Michelle, I grabbed a bit of babydust from the belly buddies for you :bdust: dust: I hope it does the trick.

Today is my EDD and still no sign of number 2. I geuss it hasn't read the eviction notice I sent a week or two ago.

Yasin has been a fussy little sleeper all week. Poor DH is just about dead because he has been going to look after him most of the time when he wakes up.

Thanks everyone

Michelle - here's plenty of baby dust for you dust: dust: :bdust: :bdust:

Dach - wow you're due today...hope bubba is good and hurries up for you! Hope Yasin gets better with his sleeping before bubba comes - Harry became a fussy sleeper just before I had Grace after months of being great - I think maybe he was affected by the imminent arrival even though he didn't really understand what was going on.

I told Harry there was a baby in my tummy and he said "No there isn't mummy" and lifted my shirt and said "See, there's no baby". He won't believe me until I have a big tummy! But this morning I was getting the kids ready to come to the doctor with me (for a BT) and he got all worried and said "Mummy I don't want to get a baby today!". Hee hee so cute he thought we were going to the doctor to get the baby. I told him not to worry and the baby won't be coming for a long time.

Hope you are all having a great week!

Bon

Kell Guest

Nikki - I have just been looking at different websites about baby sleep patterns etc with some helpful ideas. I would guess that Chantelle got out of her routine while she was sick which is annoying. The karitane website suggests re-establishing a really strict routine before bed, which might take a while to work as she needs to change routines as such. Also maybe a massage, bath song etc before bed will soothe her. They also suggest not feeding just b4 bed, or letting her fall asleep while feeding as when she stirs after her first sleep cycle she will wake fully because she is not in the same place as when she fell asleep, or she will want more food...hope this makes sense and helps, if you want the websites let me know.

Just a real quickie...

Mum just got back from MCHN & Indah now weighs 7.7kgs... I would have thought with thighs as big as hers are she'd have weighed more!

Ok off fopr a 3-4 hour meeting so just expressed & hope I dont leak during the meeting!!!!! :sleeping:

Not much happening here, all very boring. Lily is learning to run, eek! She is learning new sounds too. The newest being 'dub dub dubby', lol. No idea where that came from.

Dach - Sending heaps of labor vibes to you!

Bon - How cute of Harry sying that! So glad i don't have to explain this to Lily for a while. I wonder if she'll understand before it's born?

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been so long, I have been working hard and playing hard!

Bon, congratulations!! It seems like just the Michelle's and me that are not pregnant although hopefully Dash won't be pregnant for much longer but then Michelle you will get pregnant and it will just be two of us again not pregnant!

Jo, you poor think about Kaleb, it does sound stressful. One of the Mum's in my Mum's Group is worried about her little girl who pushes and pokes the other kids and she has just started 'time out'? Good luck...

Aidan is very good, just recovering from a cold but other than that all is well and he is running everywhere and understanding almost everything I say, which still amazes me!

Hope everyone is well.

Hi!

Kell - I am having problems with Louis and we settle him in the cot and let him fall asleep and he still wakes up every 2 hours over night. We've had a night time routine for ages. He also won't settle easily when he wakes and has taken to screaming so loudly.

Tracey - Sorry you had such a hard time expressing. I tried expressing last night and nothing came out - hehe.... it was after Louis fed so I'm hoping my supply is still ok. You should set some reminders in Outlook or something to drink more water. The plate decorating sounds like fun!

Nikki - Well last night was even worse than some of the other nights. I ended up having a big cry at around 1am this morning! So silly but you get that when your so tired. Dh came out and sent me to bed and went in to Louis. He ended up rocking him to sleep which gave me a 2 1/2 hour sleep! Yeah. I've managed to get him to sleep through the daytime a bit easier today by keeping him up longer. He was up for 3 hours this morning then had a 1 1/2 sleep and then he's been up for 2 1/2 h now so I'll see how he goes. I hope Chantelle had a good night for you last night.

I've been feeding him through the night as it's the only way to settle him so maybe he's unsettled and having a growth spurt??? Who really knows. I just hope he snaps out of it soon!

Not much else is happening. We've been having a fun day today in the sunshine (well, shade)!

Aaww Kristie I would have a big cry too if I was so sleep deprived. I really hope this phase is over soon!

LOL Jess- as long as I'm not pg anytime soon LOL

Tegan- I love Lily's new sound it's very cute. wonder where it came form?

Dach LV"S x 300 to you, hope it's not much longer.

Bon- Harry is too cute!

Not much happening here busy cleaning as usual. Jess is sleeping, maybe on the floor but hopefully in her cot LOL
    hope you are all well
    see ya
    michelle

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast