Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Hi everyone

I feel soo bad not having been on for so long. Maria has had a fever on and off for a couple of days, doctor says to keep an eye on it, it could be teeth, it could be a cold, but not likely to be rosela (hope not). There is no rash and she is chewing on everything.

Yesterday at childcare she refused solids and ended up drinking 260ml (normally a 160ml girl) milk in the afternoon.

I am sure motherhood = not stop worrying

Hi Louise! I am sure Maria will get better soon. Have you been giving her panadol/neurofen? And don't worry at all about solids, she's obviously still keen on milk and that's the main thing. Oh and you are sooooo right re the worry!

I'm serious Nikki - She is mobile! My little girl is growing up way to fast! Aparently , so mum says, I was crawling at 6 months and walking at 8 months so it looks like she is following in my footsteps! It would be alot easier for me if she wasn't so mobile, we aer in the middle of packing up for the big move to melbourne which is happening next week and her crawling around it making it a touch more challenging than we expected. Gone are the days of being abe to put her down and knowing she will be there in a minute.
    Her sitting up at 3 months should have tipped me off though.
    When do babie usually start crawling?

Hi,

Wow Cindy! How exciting! Louis has been sitting up for about a month now so I hope he doesn't start soon!! I'm sure once they start they'll be into everything. We haven't baby proofed the house yet so I suppose it's time to start organising those things...

Another bad night with Louis although he didn't actually need a feed until 5am. Just woke lots. Are any of you co-sleeping? I might try bringing him into bed with me tonight and see if it makes a difference. At least last night he didn't wake up screaming he was just waking and having a chat and then would grizzle for an hour. I just kept putting his dummy in and walking out and he eventually dozed off.
    He was screaming this morning when I put him down for a nap. The only way I get him to sleep at the moment is by putting my cheek on his - it generally works instantly!! Its nice that I can do that and he obviously gets comfort from having his mum there...

Sorry for all the posts ranting...I'm just not sure what to do. I'm going to book in for the naturopath next week just to see. Its like he's just not relaxed sometimes. Generally when you bf he used to be nice and relaxed and now he's kicking his legs and his little body is arched and tense. He's not upset, just not relaxed either.....hmmm. Maybe I'm analysing too much!!!

Kell Guest

Cindy - Wow that's great! Once she gets the hang of it Victoria will be moving so fast you wont know yourself the avg age for crawling is 6-9 months. In my family though we are lazy, Molly didnt crawl until 9-10 months and walk until 15mths, exactly the same age as my nephew so im not expecting much movement from Will just yet

Well I looked in Indah's book & from 4mths she has gained 975grams... So I guess that's OK???

Yestyerday she apparently was licking wildly at all the icecreams there was Mum, my sister, her 2 kids & maddy all letting Indah lick their icecreams!!! :-k Probably not a great idea as they all have their own germs, but well what can I do now???? She loved it & had a icecream dribbled t-shirt on!

She is doing well with the water from the straw, but harted the finger foods!!!! Just sat there gagging!!!

Kell Guest

Kristie - It sounds like things might be improving since he didnt want feeding last night and just needed a dummy. We arent co-sleeping, will has been in his cot from day one. Will actually woke up last night screaming and arching his back and really tensing all over, just like it sounds Louis is doing, we suspected sore tummy, wind or belly ache as putting him over my knee and firmly patting his back put him straight to sleep. Do you think Louis could have wind pain or something, is there something you have been eating thats new that might be going into your milk and upsetting him? I would be wary of starting co sleeping because then he might not want to go back to his own cot later, but if it works, and you are happy to do it then of course it is your decision

Sorry for not being around yesterday, my pc decided it needed a holiday!We tried to hook up wireless so the other comp could go on line, huh, what a huge mistake!!!!

Brooke, don't worry about giving Charlotte ice cream, geez come to my house in the afternoons & zac will be muching on a whole violet crumble ice cream that he has ripped out of his dads hands LOL!! & he steals food from us all the time,(plus he really loves marble choccie)

Cass, sometimes Zac has a tanty when i put him in the JJ, & :smt043 at taking the tree home with you. That would be a sight to see!!

Georgie, big :smt038 for James clapping!! Clever munchkin. Me, a supermum? Just a crazed physco trying to fix everything at the same time, (if anybody knew that I didn't even get dressed that day I'd die)

Hi nice relaxed Soph, everything back to normal at home, that sounds good. Good girl Lucie, for eating well yesterday, now just keep doing it.

That's a nice weight for Indah, Trace you must be pleased, hope there were no spills at your meeting.

Hi Jo, how are you today? Hugh & I are good :shock:

Hi fletchie, hope you DH is better today, How is Zany Zane today?

Louise, hi! Hope maria is better today.

I hope I've said Hi to everybody!

Yesterday bill put Zac in a box, I've never seen him so delighted.He stayed in there for nearly an hour, it was soo cute, I'll have to put a pic up to show you!

Not much happening on the TTC front for us, skipping this month as we dont want bubs to be due in december.

So far I have re arranged 3 bedrooms, so only 1 more to go, although i dont think mine needs doing, I'm not messy & I dont loose my clothes!! Ah kids, they seem to loose everything in that vortex under their beds. take care.

OH, how do I get an avi thingy?

GeorgieK Guest

Sneaky work post.... 8-[

Louise, if Maria is a bit off colour, I wouldnt worry abour refusing solids - James has done the same thing. Soph's right - she's still keen on milk and its probably more comforting. I thought actually that if they have a cold / teething that the solids might hurt their mouths or throats? Hope Maria's feeling better soon, poor mite.

And I reckon your motherhood = worry formula needs an extra multiplier in there motherhood =A x pre-baby worry where A can be any number - usually huge!!!

Brooke, I must be a bad mother too...but I think they should taste all sorts of stuff to find out about how many tastes there are out there. Have you noticed you can buy chocolate custard in a jar for babies? Im sure bubbas love it, but James has such a sweet tooth anyway (after his dad!) I dont want to encourage it!

Jo, isnt the other baby thing so sweet. James adores other babies and kids too, he just stares! At a friends place we looked a book "Baby Brights" that is just pages of baby faces, mostly balck and white and he was beside himself.

Hiya Trace, hope you had a leak-free meeting.... :smt039

Hi Brooke and Charlotte. Dont stress too much, things get away for you so quickly! Hope you guys are doing well. :smt039

Cass, PMSL at Kaitlyn's "tree". Isnt it always the way that they get fixed on something totally impractical! Shame about the JJ, but Im sure she'll come round...kinda funny really, since it took you so long to get it!

Soph, sounds like Lucie is doing really well right now. When is your next yoga class? James is funny with the clapping - he still prefers to put his hands on the outside of mine when I do it, but I catch him clapping to himslef when he thinks no one is watching! Very cute. I love that fascination they have with parts of their own bodies when they figure out they can make them do things.

We had a nice day yesterday, but one of those horrible incidents in the shopping centre parents room at lunchtime: a mum of a 2 yo (about, he was harldy talking) who started to get a bit whingey (only a few seconds really) and mum told him to "shut up or I'll give you a flogging, I dont care who else is looking". Poor kid had only been going a few seconds! He was probably bored in his stroller while his mum gossiped to her friend. I felt really sad

I also had a really nice print of James made to send to Mum in her birthday card, and an extra done (just becuase). I had it in a frame on the coffee tbale, and James just loved it! He was giving it big slober kisses and yelled when I tried to take it away. Not sure if he understands its him or if its just another baby! He plays peekaboo with himslef in the mirror....do you think they know its themselves yet?

Better get some work done before feeding time!

Tracey - Sounds like exaclty the same amount (g wise) Lucie put on during that time, don't stress at all! She's a chubba bubba remember!

Georgie - heheheheh James must be a vain baby. That is soooooo cute with the picture. You will have to take another picture of that!

Hi Storm! Yeap I am feeling heaps more relaxed. Munchkin having a very slow day today, and usually I'd be down in the dumps and in tears but nup! I just had left over coconut rice for lunch with tuna (weird I know - but reckon I can get away with it being pg!) and she loved it! Wow your house sounds very organised, wanna come and do mine?

Jo - How are you going?

Grumpy Lucie today and she had a pretty bad night too. Would think it was another tooth but I can't see anything. Oh well we might just have a nice sleep together....

Wow Kell! Thats amazing!!

Kristie - at least if you co-sleep for a night you may get a good nights sleep, which will do you wonders. Good luck with it.

Wow almost everybody is back!

Tegan- it must be hard to imagine being alone for such a long time. I know I would want to be close to your DH! hope it all works out for you guys. It is great that he is doing his training though.

Michelle- still wishing your ttc is over soon! Baby dust your way. It's nice when others say how nice our kids are, they do behave better somewhere else, but that's good too. Lani sounds so gogeous, esp with that squealing LOL

Kellee- so glad that you had a good trip, it was inevitable that Charlie would miss his daddy, lucky it was only a short time away. Good luck with the assignments.

Dasch- hoping the announcement comes soon for you.

Mel- so sorry that you are feeling down atm. It's not easy being a single parent. How awful bout your friends, but I guess you are better off without friends like them. Hpe you feel better tomorrow! Just remember that Elaina loves her mummy lots and that's what really matters.

Nothing much happening here
    hope you are all well
    Michelle

Hi Girls...I will try and get through this as Kaitlyn is stirring and I am going to take her off to the pool for an afternoon swim!.

Louise
    what is Rosela? I hope the Dr goes well this afternoon. See you tomorrow ..if Maria is feeling ok.

Soph I did the microwave one , it only took 30 seconds in my microwave . I just made Kaitlyn one to nibble on when we are finished swimming. Dont worry our routine goes all over the place when we have guests as Kaitlyn can stay up for ages when she has new faces to play with .

Go Storm on the orgnanising!

OPps ...she is up!. Will log on again tonight girls...

Cas

Brooke - Yay Charlotte on the crawling!!!! Look out, she'll be zooming around the house in no time now. Today I turned around for literally 3 seconds and Lucie made it over to the other side of the kitchen and was just about to fall off the one step onto the concrete (yes it's a bizarre house!). And you are so right re the food stuff, just do what you do. Everyone will say something different. When I was desperatly trying to break Lucies 'fall asleep while on the bottle' habit, which was chronic and happened at EVERY feed, my MIL and Aunty kept telling me to let her sleep and that I was mean. It was very tricky and I got so angry for a little while! Don't stress too much about the weight gain. They do really slow down around now. The MCHN wasn't concerned was she?

Oh Fletch what a shock for you on the sleep front! Fingers crossed it's a passing phase and he is back to normal in no time. I think Tracey is a cloth nappy fanatic so she may be able to help. There are times when I think I'd love to try it too, but with #2 coming so soon I think I will have my hands full enough!

Cas - How was your swim?

Lucie had tuna in her vegie and chicken casserole tonight 8-[ but seemed to enjoy it. Whatever she will eat she can have! The other night I discovered she loves King Island Double Brie. I child with expensive tastes!

We have a day at the races on Saturday and I pulled out a lovely dress that Lucie was given that I always thought would be waaaaay to big, but now I am not sure it will fit her! I can't believe it, she must be growing!

wow kristie,sitting up already,gosh seems like C is a long way from that yet.
    nikki

Fletch you know I do!!!!

Hi Girls,

well we are back from our swim both of us totally exhusted!. The pool was full of kids running around screaming and splashing , swimming past with goggles and flippers on and you know what Kaitlyn LOVED IT!. I bumped into one of our teachers from Gymbaroo and she said to come in the morning as it is not as busy but I think Kaitlyn is more interested in all the kids!. I will try one morning though , just in the hope she will actually make eye contact with mummy hehehe . I am so glad she loved it ...they look so cute in the little pink swimmer nappies!.

Fletch Kaitlyn is the same at the moment ! This morning she was up at 230am wanting a feed which she has not done since she was about 8weeks or something ..arghhhh help!. I feel like a zomby at the moment. And with the wrap I tried one arm out today and she kicked up a stink until I wrapped her up. I think I am still going to be wrapping her when she is an adult ..oh well at least I can supervise the honeymoon as I will have to wrap her before she goes to bed with her DH I have not tried clothes nappies for anything except spew rags hehe. I think it makes it easier to sit or so I have heard.

Yay Charlotte on her forward crawling! and hehehehe Brooke on your hubby looking like Steve Sanders...sad thing is I knew straight away who you were talking about hahahaha Loved 90210. I have heard those swing chairs are great to help them get to sleep ..bad mumma no way! You should see all the contraptions I have around the house to keep Kaitlyn entertained. Dont worry about the small weight gain she is such a nice size already!. Is she long as well ? I roughly measure Kaitlyn and she is 80Cms ...arghhh I am only 5ft 6inches approx so she will be towering over me by the time she is 5 . Man dont the inlaws stress you out arghhh or as I call them the outlaws hehehe. And I hate the competition thing with babies ...no wonder children end up so stressed over life not being "perfect" or them being "perfect" people start at them so early on !

Soph
    what type of tuna did you give Lucie? Sounds yummy ..making me hungry as I am waiting for DH to get home so we can have dinner!.
    I am envious over your day at the races , sounds lovely!. And yay on the dress looking to small ..yayayay.

Well I am off to start dinner ..we are having chicken breast wrapped in Filo with roast veges...soooooo hungry!

Cass

Hi!

Well Louis is asleep - for how long I don't know but he went down quite easily so thats a bonus.

Had a bit of a rough day, I've started taking my iron tablets again because I've been feeling really lethargic and weak...I'm vegetarian so I probably shouldn't have stopped but I'm bad at remembering.

I called my Mum up for a bit of support with just being tired and she just gave me a lecture saying that he probably isn't getting enough milk and I should just give him formula.. Grrrr. I really don't think thats the problem but just in case I've given him lots of extra feeds through the day. I offered him just before he went to bed as well and he didn't even want it so I think I've filled him up pretty well! hehe. I have nothing against ff but I just want to persevere with b/f for a while longer. My goal was 6m so not far off anyway. I just don't think it's the problem. I ended up getting really upset with my Mum and told her I just need support but she just says most Mums will try anything to settle their baby why don't you just do it....not what I really want to hear right now. I question everything I do so much so sometimes it's nice just to hear that someone thinks your doing the right thing. I love my little boy so much and I would never do anything to make him an unhappy baby.
    Urrrgghh!!

Well, you'll all have a break from my ramblings as we're heading off for the weekend. I'm looking forward to it actually! Some fresh beach air will do me good!!

Kell/Linda - I tried having a nap with Louis before and he's just not used to it and woke up really upset actually!! So I won't be doing that tonight unless I really can't settle him. He's not used to it so it probably won't help anyway.
    I've thought of what I've been eating but it's not different to normal...it doesn't seem like he's in pain though just doesn't feel like sleeping!!

Just want to say I'm so glad I have all of you to chat with!!! Sometimes it feels like this is my only resource and you are all so wonderful to talk/write to!!

OK - we'll see how we go tonight and over the w/e - have a great one everyone!

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast