Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005

kris - the aquarium is wonderful, not cheap though, but worth every penny. I am very sorry to hear about your mums lack of interest, one day she might just snap, maybe when they are older??

Bonnie - glad to hear you a feeling better, a little bit of help can make the biggest of differences.

kazzy - I have had basically no appitite as well, DP has been forcing food down my throat lol, yay at the pressies, don't think I will get one, I got a 1ct engagment ring only 12 months ago. Hope you enjoy the hairdressers. Io don't know if Bryn is over tired.. he definately spends more than an hour up at a time, sometimes 3-4

nikki - We are getting our photos done soon but luckyly we know a photographer who will take a full sitting ang just give them to us on a disc for $50, then we have good family friends who manage a photo shop, can not get out of it any cheaper if we tried lol

cindy - nice to hear from you

Linda - it was only my mum and two close family friends, but I just love seeing how much people smile when cuddling him, and they actually taught me a few tricks lol

hi girls,i just got back from the dentist i was up all night with a ferosious tooth ache so took myself in to have it pulled out.it was a horrible ordeal and although i am still numb i bet it is going to be really sore tonight,it was my biggest back one and it took them ages to get it out,she said it was vey big and stubborn and it just kept shattering and breaking while she was trying to extract it,thank god chantelle slept the whole time i would have freaked out if she layed in her pram screaming.i have an appointment to have my nails done at 2pm,bet she wont sleep for me then!!!!!!!!!i have never had my nails done proffesionally before cant wait.
    nikki

oh yeah,i too have almost no appetite also,glad to hear i am not the only one
    nikki

Candice - it's funny that our boys have the same sleep patterns- maybe there's something to astrology after all as they were born so close together!!!
    Dylan will settle for 20 mins max at a time through the day, but goes really well at night. I've added up that he gets around 10 - 12 hours sleep a day so I'm glad that mostly happens over night...

My appetite is huge atm - I'm not usually a big eater and thru preg had very little appetite, but now I crave junk food non stop. I think it's for the fast energy boost, but it's not a trap I want to fall in to.

Nikki - I've been getting toot aches also, but hopefully nothing needing pulling out...

Bonnie and Fenella - do you want to try and meet up next week? (My parents are here this week so I'm busy) Fenella where do you live? Bonnie mentioned she was in Oaklands Park, and I'm happy to travel to Marion if that's convenient for everyone (I can start my chrissy shopping there!!) Most mornings are good for me, or Tues or Fri afternoons.

Melissa - great that Benjamins's christening went well - wow at him sleeping through it!

Sorry if I've missed people but I haven't been in here for a few days and so much has happened!! We sure do love to talk in here!!

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,

jwanted to say how much I love this group. It makes me feel normal when I hear that some others are feeling the same as me YAY!!!!! Thanks heaps for your honesty and support. It does go a long way in making me feel better. Nikki - so glad to hear that even though you have been doing 'it' for 10 years that you still feel anxious. It is hard to explain to others how I feel, most of the Mums group friends that I have already have their second child, but I don't feel too comfortable telling them that I can feel unsure at times!!! Funny isn't it that I feel more at ease with people I haven't met than close friends!!!!

Went to the hairdressers, took Eden, she was fab, got home and it took her a while to settle. I think she was over tired. DH settled her in the end. Have Kinder meeting tonight - taking her with me so keep your fingers crossed for me that she settle OK when I get home.

Bonnie - it is so hard at those times - like Nikki said - hard to know what the little tackers want soemtimes. All I can say is that as they get older it does get easier. I thought my toddler could be a handful, but atleast he can talk to me and tell me what is wrong!!!!

Melissa - Yay on the christening. Well done!!! Benjamin did well.

As for the weight, it iwill come off when you are ready. Much better to be feeling well emotionally. I went to weight watchers when Brandan was 2years to loose 10 kilos. It worked really well.

Appetite - yay that I am not the only one who doesn't feel like eating. SOmeone told me that it can take a while to get your appetite back after a caesar - I just think that I am a little too uptight to eat.

Eden hasn't smiled too much yet - she is only 5 weeks though. Looking forward to more of those.

Thanks for making me feel better girls, I will have to check in more often so that I can run some more stuff past you guys - hope you don't mind!!!

Thanks Again

Kazzy xx

I have to chime in here on the eating topic. I too have had almost NO appetite since having Jess. Dh has been telling me off everyday about it and stressing me because he says that's why my milk is off and on.... He says I'm not geeting enough to do me, and certainly not enough to do her too.... So I decided yesterday to put her on the bottle. I have been miserable these past few days from the fact my milk went when I had to send the kids to my mums and take medicine not safe for BF'ing which meant I had to take two days break from it and my supply cut right back. I've also got a touch of depression. To the point I feel DH is constantly picking on me and that I can't do ANYTHING right and have even been contemplating leaving him which is just silly because I love him too much and it's just me being silly. But I can't help how I feel at times. At times I get SOOOO angry at him for blowing up over silly things that I almost hate him in those moments and that scares me. I spoke to him yesterday about it and I think we kinda worked it out. He agrees it's just my being over tired and emotional and depressed a bit...
    I think that has a little to do with my not eating much too.... I think I kinda feel I have lost control over most of my life atm, but that I can control how much I eat. Maybe that's not why....I don't know. I do know that the amount I eat lately has been terrible. For a few days I ate NOTHING but a handful of chips (plain smiths...my mums cure for tummy bug and I had a tummy bug. All I could keep down). Dh tells me off about it all. He tells me he doesn't find skinny women attractive at all and that he'd rather I eat well and be healthy than be skinny....

Gotta go...friends arrived. Sorry about the vent....

Hey everyone.

Almost ripped my hair out yesterday. Tristan just kept crying and crying and no matter what I done, nothing would work to settle him down. He only stopped crying when I took him to the shopping centre and walked around for a while. But the good thing is, he sleeps at night time. Yay. This morning (so far) he's been a little angel. Little smiley man.

Today we're taking him back to the shopping centre to have his photo taken with Father Christmas. I can't wait. I even bought him a little christmas hat for him to wear!!! So cute.

Dee - Next week sounds good - More likely Friday because I'm going to the island (KI) to stay with Mum and Dad for a week starting from Thursday this week, so I should be back by Friday next week. I'll let you know if anything changes. I haven't even thought of Christmas shopping yet!! (don't really want to atm - too hard!!)

Nikki - Horrible about the tooth. I'm glad I haven't had any pulled yet. Get some panadeine forte into you!! That'll work wonders!! I'd love to have my nails done again. I had acrylic nails for about 6 years. I got rid of them when I got pregnant. I still miss them sometimes. I buffed my nails on the weekend and I think I buffed for too long because one of my nails really hurt when I touch it. Probably made the nail too thin. Whoops!!!
    8-[

Candice - I know what you mean. I noticed when my Mum went home, things got a little harder. I think that's why I'm going to stay with her this week. Oh and to give DH a break from me!! I don't see any grey hairs on his head yet so I can't be stressing him out too much!

Kazzy - I hope his little whingy sessions get shorter!!! You put things into perspective for me. I know now that it will get easier as he gets older, but I want it to be easier now!!! Hope Eden settled when you got home last night.

Enough for me now. I'll have a little nap while Tristan's still asleep.

Love and hugs.............................Bonnie

Hey everyone.

Almost ripped my hair out yesterday. Tristan just kept crying and crying and no matter what I done, nothing would work to settle him down. He only stopped crying when I took him to the shopping centre and walked around for a while. But the good thing is, he sleeps at night time. Yay. This morning (so far) he's been a little angel. Little smiley man.

Today we're taking him back to the shopping centre to have his photo taken with Father Christmas. I can't wait. I even bought him a little christmas hat for him to wear!!! So cute.

Dee - Next week sounds good - More likely Friday because I'm going to the island (KI) to stay with Mum and Dad for a week starting from Thursday this week, so I should be back by Friday next week. I'll let you know if anything changes. I haven't even thought of Christmas shopping yet!! (don't really want to atm - too hard!!)

Nikki - Horrible about the tooth. I'm glad I haven't had any pulled yet. Get some panadeine forte into you!! That'll work wonders!! I'd love to have my nails done again. I had acrylic nails for about 6 years. I got rid of them when I got pregnant. I still miss them sometimes. I buffed my nails on the weekend and I think I buffed for too long because one of my nails really hurt when I touch it. Probably made the nail too thin. Whoops!!!
    8-[

Candice - I know what you mean. I noticed when my Mum went home, things got a little harder. I think that's why I'm going to stay with her this week. Oh and to give DH a break from me!! I don't see any grey hairs on his head yet so I can't be stressing him out too much!

Kazzy - I hope his little whingy sessions get shorter!!! You put things into perspective for me. I know now that it will get easier as he gets older, but I want it to be easier now!!! Hope Eden settled when you got home last night.

Kazzy Guest

Kerrie,
    big hugs to you - it is certainly a stressful time. It is hard to going from having some type of control to none at all and top it all off with no sleep, no appetite and being sick - any wonder you are feeling vulnerable. Don't feel bad at all about using the bottle. The main thing is that Jess is getting fed and you are getting rest when needed. Breastfeeding is not the be all and end all!!!!!!!!!!!! It is such a hard adjustment having a newborn and I htink that we all can understand how you are feeling.

As for depression - if you feel it is getting worse - go and see your doctor. I had severe anxiety with number one and had to find different ways of coping with it. I got the help I needed and during this time, I still breastfed and my appetite returned. I wanted to run away and not take on the resposibility because it frightened me. I got through that horrible time, just like you will by gettign the help that I needed. Everyone is different, but please do not suffer through it. This time, I am taking things from feed to feed and getting as much support as I can. DON'T feel bad about bottle feeding - Jess will still grow to be a healthy, happy little girl.

It is hard for our DH's to understand as even though they are parents too, they do not have the hormones and emotional attachment that we have. Also I think that the resposibility for us can be overwhelming at times as we feel as the mothers we are the only ones who can do things and can find it hard to pass it over. Tell your DH that it makes you feel better to talk about it, that you don't expect him to understand ( who would want to understand how it feels to be depressed and out of control!!) but just to accept that you need extra reassurance at times.

You will get through it Kerrie, just look for the help that you need, guilt free and let yourself be human. We all have those times of feeling down, anxious, unsure, angry, sad and confused. That is normal, but it doesn't mean that we have to feel like that all the time. It is not your fault that you got sick, it just happened!

I am sending you HUGE hugs and thanks for letting us know how you are feeling - it is important!!!!!!

Love
    Kazzy

Hey everyone.

8-[

Kazzy Guest

Kerrie,
    big hugs to you - it is certainly a stressful time. It is hard to going from having some type of control to none at all and top it all off with no sleep, no appetite and being sick - any wonder you are feeling vulnerable. Don't feel bad at all about using the bottle. The main thing is that Jess is getting fed and you are getting rest when needed. Breastfeeding is not the be all and end all!!!!!!!!!!!! It is such a hard adjustment having a newborn and I htink that we all can understand how you are feeling.

As for depression - if you feel it is getting worse - go and see your doctor. I had severe anxiety with number one and had to find different ways of coping with it. I got the help I needed and during this time, I still breastfed and my appetite returned. I wanted to run away and not take on the resposibility because it frightened me. I got through that horrible time, just like you will by gettign the help that I needed. Everyone is different, but please do not suffer through it. This time, I am taking things from feed to feed and getting as much support as I can. DON'T feel bad about bottle feeding - Jess will still grow to be a healthy, happy little girl.

It is hard for our DH's to understand as even though they are parents too, they do not have the hormones and emotional attachment that we have. Also I think that the resposibility for us can be overwhelming at times as we feel as the mothers we are the only ones who can do things and can find it hard to pass it over. Tell your DH that it makes you feel better to talk about it, that you don't expect him to understand ( who would want to understand how it feels to be depressed and out of control!!) but just to accept that you need extra reassurance at times.

You will get through it Kerrie, just look for the help that you need, guilt free and let yourself be human. We all have those times of feeling down, anxious, unsure, angry, sad and confused. That is normal, but it doesn't mean that we have to feel like that all the time. It is not your fault that you got sick, it just happened!

I am sending you HUGE hugs and thanks for letting us know how you are feeling - it is important!!!!!!

Love
    Kazzy

Oh Kerrie - I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time. I hope your DH can see how much you need his support atm.

kazzy - i agree - where would we be without this group? it really is easier to be open here than with our 'real world' friends.

Donella - I'm glad I'm not the only one with a huge appetite!! bf seems to make me ravenous!!

Nikki - hope your mouth is feeling better after having your tooth pulled. good on you for going to have your nails done! that will feel nice.

Melissa - give your DH a slap for me!! :shock: just joking. you have done so well though to lose 20 kg!! good on you!

Kristie - you are probably super busy right now - hope it is all going smoothly for you. You will be able to have a much deserved rest soon - I hope Louis agrees and lets you!!

Emma is improving with her night time sleeps so much, it is fantastic. She is chatting a lot more too, but it seems to tire her out LOL. she will smile and chatter away, then suddenly cry and has to go straight to sleep or gets cranky!! Hard work eh?

ggrrr, I just wrote a big long post with personals for everyone and then lost it............ ](*,)

Emma is doing really well, sleeping much longer at night and more smiles and chats (which seem to wear her out LOL - its hard work being a baby!!)

Will write more later........

Kazzy Guest

Kerrie - big hugs to you, Iposted you a huge message but it wouldn't post on the forum.

I do know how hard it is - after my son was born suffered from very bad anxiety which made me feel awful. It was a very dark time for me and my hubby, but I sought help and got thru it. You need to talk about how you are feeling and get support/help. I too didn't eat for 3 weeks straight - not a thing. This effected my milk supply but I just kept going. It came back. Even if it didn't, I didn't care at that time anyway because I wanted to run from the responsibility - too scarey!!!!!! Don't feel guilty about the bottle feeding - Jess will still grow to be a happy healthy girl regardless - let go of the guilt - it is not helpful. If you want, still try and feed and supplement with the bottles or vice versa - just get thru this patch whichever way you can.

As for you DH - it is hard for anyone to understand how depression feels unless they have been there. All I can say is ask your DH not to try and understand, but to just try and be patient and ready to listen. A few kind words go a long way when you need them.

This hard patch will pass - just get the support you need. I think that we all understand how you are feeling and it is great that you did 'vent' to us.

I know it may sound contrite, but I do know how you are feeling - I have been there and you are normal and you will be OK!

I am sending you big hugs and hope that you let us know how u are doing.

Love Kazzy

Hi!

Sorry no personals today. I've got the concert this evening so am running around with my head chopped off! hehe.

I will catch up tomorrow on my day off! hehe

Just wanted to let you know that I've updated my photo of Louis because I caught a big cheeky grin on camera! We're getting lots of smiles now!

Have a great day!

ditto kerry,i was going to post the same advice,well done kazzy,i too have been through it and dh didnt understand but did learn to be patient and we got through it with help from our dr.hangf in there chicky.
    havnt heard from kristie for a while or kirsty???????
    nikki

Nikki - Enjoy Getting your nails done, I am a qualified Nail tech, and just hate not having my done, like they are at the moment, oh well will pop some more on soon..

Dee, The sleeping patterns seem soo similar, that is a little strange

Kazzy - This group is great, and I agree that it is definately easier to chat to all you lovely women. The 1st mums group here doesn't start back up till February.. way to late to help with those early issues.

Kerrie - hugs to you honey.. I really hope you feel better soon. Please make sure you look after yourself, It will be very hard to look after your girls if you are not looking after youself first.. Are you taking any vitamins? that may help you while your not eating great. just take care honey.

Bonnie - I love it whe nmum is here she is soo patient and just seems to have that magic touch.. guess she has been there 4 times, so she should know a few tricks lol. Good to hear your little man is being better today

Linda - sounds like you little girl is doing very nicely.

Well we when to the community health centre for our appointment yesterday, my little man is a now 10lb 5oz he is growing so fast, the nurse who I spoke with was soo good, she gave me some great advice about settling him through the day, seems to have paid off as he is asleep right now, first time he has had a long day nap in a week. I really walked out of there with renewed confidence.

Also we have already had to put him in his cot as whenever he stirred in thecradle he would wack his arms on the side and wake with a startle, so that was no good.

We left Bryn with my parents last night and went to the movies. was great to have a break. we will be doing it every fortnight, and from now on my sister will look after him in return for me doing her acrylic nails afterwards. good deal i think.

well see you all soon, look after yourelves and bubs

Thanks Linda! DH is just looking out for my health I think. I almost did slap him one when he did say it. I know he's right.

I almost lost DH yesterday. He rolled the car on the way to work. Fell asleep at the wheel! #-o The car flipped a few times and ended up on its side, and he climbed out the driver's side window. His first phone call was to me, then to 000. I went and had a look at the car yesterday arvo, and I have to admit, I'm lucky to have him.

Melissa

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast