Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #21

hi all. Well have moved house, still waiting for little man to come and put satellite on house so i can get internet at home. Yes we live in the middle of nowhere now.
    Am in library with big boob in lu's gob to keep her quite and typing one handed! So sorry about the errors.

Havn't read the million posts since i was last here, will try and catch up when internet on at home.

Lu is 5 months and a few days now. Rolls around all over the place. Had to stop wrapping her at 4 months b/c she could roll over, so now happily sleeps in grow bag. She was sleeping through but has started waking ever 2-3hrs hunrgy, so going to start rice cereal today i think. Can't do sleep deprivation. Either that or top her up with formula at night maybe....... dunno.... any advice?

She has started this hilarious nose drag manouvre, She makes a crawling action with her legs but her arms don't move so she rubs her nose and forhead along the carpet. amusing to watch.

Have lost all baby weight but none of my clothes fit. My ar$e is about 2 inches wider i think. And my muffin top is something muffin break would aspire to.
    Jelly belly sux.

Sorry to post all about ME! Will catch up on you lot soon.

Hey Ange! - good to hear that the move went well and you're settled in. Life without the Internet would be unbearable! My laptop dies for an hour and I go into shock. Happy 5 months to Lu.
    Viv - I think I have seen sachets at the chemist of other formula brands. We use S-26 Alpha gold and have no probs, but L doesn't seem to be lactose intolerant. Seems like you may have the answer. As always its the mummy who has to make the sacrifice! How are you going generally?

Thats it.

thanks Trish! I have an ergo carrier and love it cause its so easy! The only thing I can say bad about it is that it kinda digs into Myles legs a little but I am sure once it softens up more it will be ok! Its really really comfy! Hope your day gets better!

Ange Well hello! I saw you on one of the web pages with Lu for the GDUNH woowoo! Cant remember which one but I love their nappies! too cute!

saffi great to hear L is sleeping in his big cot!

Well had my hair done today so I feel human again! Now just have to get the eyebrows and nails done and I will feel a little better!
    Anyway have to go keep hunting Have a great day! X

Viv- Could you possibly write/email to the companies and ask them to send you samples?? A friend of mine did that to Tommee Tippee, Avent and Nuk and they all sent her 1 x bottle and 1 x dummy! I was amazed (and jealous that I hadnt thought of it!!)
    Not really much to say today. C is not sleeping very well. I am feeling like the worst mum in the world again today. She was really restless over the weekend and I couldnt figure it out. Of course after washing her bottles I figured it out - the teats were split! She is still using the newborn teats (yes almost 5 months and still using them!) and so basically they were the equivalent to the number 2 teats. So she was getting too much milk! Poor little thing. Was wondering how she was managing to get through a full bottle without a break!
    Anyway - am off to the chemist when I finish work to buy some new teats. But....she seemed to settle down a lot this morning so I am wondering if it is because she has become used to the larger hole now......so am stuck on what to do! What to spend money on. I have some newborns at home (4) but have 9 bottles!!
    Oh well - decisions decisions. I had better head off - I actually have some work to do now!! YAY
    have a great day all - mwah

Hey girls!!

Haven't posted for a few days. Have had mum and dad down visiting, kids' birthday parties and the family picnic day for my work (still got an invite even though we're on mat leave) so had a very busy, tiring weekend!!

L has been good. Did our last visit at sleep school on Friday and we've officially 'graduated'! The nurse told us there is no need for us to come back because L is a good little boy who sleeps like any other 4 month old - YEY!! Still doing a little bit of resettling during the day but generally his sleeps are 1.5-2hrs now and only occasionally will he do a short sleep where I can't resettle him. A big improvement from the early days. Nights still the same, wakes at about 10pm and then at about 2am then sleeps through till 5am, sometimes 6am. Not expecting much change here till he's established on solids. Have accepted that he is just a big hungry boy!! Thinking of starting him on Farex next month, but will see how he goes.

In other news, it's turned into a total roller derby here! Cannot keep the boy still! He rolls everywhere. Had a few problems with him in bed the first few days but that seems to have settled. Would love to stop wrapping him at night and switching over to his grobag, but too scared about the dummy factor (Becky, we're in the same boat!), although he only really has that when I first put him to bed, settles without it after feeds.

We've also moved from feed, play, sleep routine to feed, play, sleep, play. Now that he's a bit older and he's awake more, if I feed him as soon as he wakes, it's a bit too soon so we've started stretching it out a bit. Seems to be working fine.

He has also learnt to squeal in the last few days..joy! Sounds like he's being murdered at times. He's just woken up from a big sleep now and is in bed squealing!!

Have to book his 4 month needles in this week, he was 4 months on Saturday.

Saffi - sounds like L might be having a growth spurt! Glad to hear his transition to the cot hasn't been too painful! We had to move L when he was about 7 weeks, none of us were getting any sleep. Was very sad to do it but was one of the best things we've done for his sleeping patterns to date.

Viv - don't know whether to say yey!or booo! About the diet working!! Doesn't sound like much fun. I haven't really eliminated anything from my diet other than alcohol and caffine. So far, so good. DS chucks a lot more than DD ever did though, not that it's a huge problem, just got spoiled with DD I guess.

Trish - sorry to hear you guys aren't well. It's hard when you have both of them waking up. We are at a loss as to what to do with DD. She started waking about 2 weeks ago and now it's almost every night. Have no idea why it's started or what to do about it really. She's slept through perfectly since 8 months without drama so it's a rude shock! Pooing in the bath - noice!

Boomba - happy 5 months to Myles!!

Big hello to everyone else!
    Last edited by Willow; March 3rd, 2008 at 01:14 PM.

Ange i saw that pic as well, very cute
    If Lu is waking during the night maybe a little bit of formula would be better, Because the rice cereal you would give mid morning.

Willow yay for "graduating" sleep school.

Amber-Happy 5 months to Myles for yesterday. Have you brought any more cloth nappies? I brought 4 so far.
    I seem to spend more time looking at all the nappies than trying to find the icon lol.

Viv-Rebecca's idea is a good one.

becky Guest

Willow - I know! Wish I had never given her a dummy! I dont remember having this much probs with Liam. Whenever I check her at night time - like an hour after i put her down, she never has her dummy in any more, but she just cannot fall asleep without it! Garr...

Amber - Yay for getting your hair done! I worked out I havent had my hair done at a hairdresser since October 06!!!!! Yes 06!! My Mum used to be a hairdresser 20 years ago, so she cuts it for me etc, but actually going to a hairdresser, its been that long!! Geez... Im thinking about maybe going later in the week!? Do something for me....

Ange - agreed, Muffin Tops SUCK!!

Trish - Sorry you had a crap night! Broken sleep is the worst hey?!!

Saf - Sorray about your crap night too! I hope you catch up on more sleep today!

Dunno if I should be worried, or if its just Implanon, but AF is about 3 weeks late again!! I worked out that after I stopped the initial bleeding from Chels, I have only had 1 period and it was very very light (not like me - sorry for TMI). Anyway, hoping its just the Implanon (and if that is the case - woot! Im not complaining!!) Might book me a DR appointment to have a check up!

Hope everyone is well.
    I'll be back a bit later.

Afternoon!

Mo - Have fun at Moomba, I haven't been for years! I love going on rides too lol!

Celtic
    - Yay for no more work! Now you can just enjoy your little man. I'm sure he will keep you busy enough!!

Saffi - Yay for Lachlan sleeping in his cot! What a big boy! So cute he can hold his own bottle. He should be OK if he is slightly upright, I think it's only a problem if they are lying flat as the milk can get into their ears and cause an infection (or something like that! I read it at our MCH centre once).

Viv - Wow, sounds like you might have found the problem! Bummer you have to give up dairy, but at least it's for a good cause.

Ange - Welcome back! Glad to hear you are all settled into your new house. Sounds like you have moved to the sticks lol! Are you too far away for another Melb. girls meet up?

Amber - Thanks for letting me know about your Ergo! Can you tell me if it distributes the weight well? My Baby Bjorn KILLS my shoulders and I want something that won't hurt me. Can you wear it comfortably for long periods? Sorry to bombard you with questions! Yay for getting your hair done, I haven't had mine cut since the week before K was born and it's looking a bit tatty.

Rebecca - Don't feel like a bad mum about the teats, how would you have known?! That's great that you've worked it out and Caitlyn is more settled. Great tip about the free samples! You should write in yourself!!

Willow - I've missed you lol! So glad L is sleeping well for you, well done on graduating sleep school! It's so hard when two of them wake you overnight isn't it?! Joel is usually a great sleeper, but because he's sick he keeps waking up. The poor thing has a horrible cough so I won't be sending him to kinder tomorrow .

Becky - Yay for no AF! Hopefully that is just a benefit of the Implanon.

Trish The ergo does distribute weight well! Between that and the HAB thre ergo wins hands down! The straps are superr soft and doesnt hurt your back at all! I can highly recomend getting one! Is there a store near you who stock them? You could go and try it out with both your boys to see how you feel about it!

bbl myles is having a shocker

x

Holy carp....just took me over an hour to get L to sleep, add to the equation DD screaming her over-tired head off and you can kinda get the picture....nights like these I have to agree with DH and say that two's plenty

Does anyone else find this still? That some nights it takes bub forever to settle to sleep?

Trish - why does my ticker say that L is a day older than K when he's actually a day younger??
    Last edited by Willow; March 3rd, 2008 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks Amber, you've been a GREAT help! I will try get to a baby shop this week to try one on.

Willow - I think my ticker is screwy because K's birthday is on the 31st and last month only had 29 days. One day he was 4 months and 1 day old and the next day he was 4 months old, weird!

Dunno how tonight's gonna go, K is sneezing heaps...

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

Hey Ange - missed you was wondering where you were. I emailed you last week

Re ERGO's my friend Sue at Itti Bitti nappies is having 20% off for the GDUNH if you are wanting to get one now is a good time. I have one and it is great, I can still carry Eliza in it. I am preferring the Mei Tai for Amara so far and have ordered a Scootababy - can't wait to get it!!!! I am becoming addicted to Baby Carriers, which is bad because they are way more expensive than nappies......

Still no rolling here, lots of squealing and major drool fest. Sometimes sleep thru and sometimes waking every 3 hours - cripes!!!

She has started watching us when we eat LOL, very cute but not giving food until 6 months.

I start back playing football soon - that will be a hoot lugging my jelly belly and muffin top about for 90 mins haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Night,

Good morning everyone!! I hope everyone had a good night! Caitlyn and I had a very wakeful night but I think I am actually getting used to getting 4 hours a night and then still functioning through the day.
    Carriers- Well to date I am yet to find a carrier that I find comfortable for both C & I. I have a baby Bjorn - hate it! It is soooo uncomfortable on both my shoulders and my lower back. HAB - again so uncomfortable. I dont know if its because I am short and dont have the torso length for these carriers. I am giving the HAB to my friend Taz who is due in July - just have to find the instructional CD that came with it! Bl00dy expensive thing for a huge long piece of fabric. anyway - i have basically given up on the carrier thing - am gonna buy a stroller. I had a heap of washing to do on the weekend so I put Caitlyn in her pram outside with me while i hung it all out and she loved it! Oh - when can you start using baby sunscreen? I used some on the weekend and didnt even think about it!
    Anyway - had best go and get ready for work - have been ebaying

Maddi and i had a good night, She now wakes at 6am, but will go down for another hour or 2 after her bottle which is great.

Nothing interesting to say.
    Hope everyone had a good night

Wow - quiet in here today!!!
    Mo-What a GORGEOUS picture!!!!
    Not a lot to say really - just popped in to see what was happening but doesnt look like anything is!
    mwah

Hi everyone,
    Well the baptism went fairly well, though my Mum and Dad nearly missed it (running late).

Had a quiet day yesterday as I was sick with tummy bug but am feeling much better now. Hubby had the day off so he looked after Ethan. E slept without a wrap last night and only woke up once so that was good. He is having trouble sleeping today without it though. I am sticking to my guns and not wrapping.

Great news! Ethan has finally leant how to roll from his back to tum now. I suppose nothing is safe now. I am really proud of him. Can you believe how quickly the bubs are growing. Ethan is in 00s now which makes me a bit sad. What happened to my little baby?

Strollers - can't remember who was asking but I got a new stroller last week. We got the steelcraft profile stroller and we think it is great. Only problem is that with the big nappy bag on the back the stroller falls over if E is not in it. Apart from that I am finding it fantastic. Fits well in the boot and easy to put up and down with one hand. Am going to try using the bus soon. The Mclaren ones look good too but they are more expensive. Good luck with the hunt.

Have a great day everyone.

Afternoon everyone!

Kieran had his 4 month injections today, yuck. At least they're done now and he is acting like nothing even happened which is great! I went and got them done at the council this time after the dr stuffed me around last time. She even forgot to write in his blue book that he had the rotavirus one!

Poor Joel is still sick with his cough, it sounds really chesty and horrible. I kept him home from kinder today because I don't want him to spread it around and also because he is tired from coughing all night. He wasn't disappointed about not going!

It is DH's birthday today and Joel told him last night what his present is, d'oh! We will give him his pressie tonight when both boys can be there.'

Alz - Glad the baptism went well. What a bummer you caught a tummy bug, I hope you are on the mend.

Rebecca - Once you buy a stroller you will never go back! They make life so much easier.

Leah - Thanks so much for letting me know about that site, what a great saving! I have convinced DH to let me get one, but I want to go into a baby store first to try one on just to make sure I am happy with it. Wow, that's great you play football, it must keep you fit!

Kellie - Are you around? We haven't heard from you for a while! I hope you and Tahlia are well.

Mo - How is Maddi going with her solids?

Kim - I hope you are feeling better! How is Craig's foot?

Hi to everyone, I'm gonna go make the most of having both boys asleep at once!

Hey - is anyone else going to be making their own baby food??? I really want to and I am sure it will be easy enough. My only problem is I dont have a blender or food processor. Does anyone have an idea as to which would be a better option??

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast