Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #3

I found male doctors are waaay better then females.

We recieved birth certificate today......only sent it off on Monday!!

Amelia Guest

Catherine - I am having those dreams!! It is the last thing on my mind before I go to bed but I seem to still dream about it!!

Well Kaylee is sleeping soundly in the sling!... We actually had an ok night too! She spread her feeds out a lil, which was nice. Although, doesn't seam to matter how long I have slept for I find the early morning feed tough, actually fell asleep in the chair while feeding her this morning...

DTD - we did, very gently around 3-4 weeks I think it was, and then once more since then. Both too wrecked to have done it more or we would have (& yes have had the occassional dream too, more earlier = I think it's because of the hormones!)... But I had a c/s, so no pain down there. Dr said was ok after 3-4 weeks as long as it was gentle, and 'swinging from the chandeliers' (what he said, not me!) ok after 6 weeks!

Baby bonus, birth certificate & medicare card all received fairly close together! Can't remember how long it took, but didn't feel like long... oh and the A&B payment, got our first one with the Baby Bonus and then it said we would get it fortnightly from then on.

Hard to find a bulk billing Dr in WA!... And if you do, they are usually the worst at running extremely late. One time I waited over 2 hours to see a bulk billing Dr, to be rushed in and out so fast I hardly had time to blink let alone ask questions! I prefer to pay and claim what I can on Medicare = with Dr's here it seams the saying you get what you pay for applies!

Amelia Guest

I just got a phone call from Centrelink/Family Assistance Department....The stupid twat of a women that did my claim for me entered my DOB as the 14/10/2006 which is actually the date we got married and entered the date we got married as the 03/06/1987 which is my DOB!!! Grrrr...... But they said I will have it by wednesday next week!! YAY!!!! Along with our first FTB payment then fourtnightly from there.

I go to a Bulk Billing Dr here in Beenleigh and she is the best Dr I could ask for. She always has time for me and never rushes me. I always walk in with a list of questions to ask her cause I never remember!! Lol.

I have a male Dr now and he is really good!! But in the past have gone for female Drs.

If any of you are interested...register for online services on Centrelink website and you can view when your payments will be.

I just checked mine and the baby bonus is schelduled to go in on the 12th November.

Hi all, it's so strange not being on BellyBelly all the time! Had Kieran in bed with us last night so I could get some sleep as he didn't want to settle in his own bed and I was too tired to keep trying. Today he is sleeping really well for his naps, only needing to be settled a couple of times for a few seconds. MCHN is coming over between 3-3:30pm so I'm looking forward to finding out if he is still gaining weight nicely.

Joel is finally calming down and behaving a bit better. He still has his moments, but he is nowhere near as bad as he was the first couple of days. Hopefully by mid next week when DH goes back to work he will be back to his normal happy self. I keep having nightmares wondering how I will cope when DH goes back!

Looking forward to our baby bonus! We ordered some block out Roman blinds for Joel's room yesterday because his room lights right up when the sun comes up and he is waking far too early. The baby bonus will help pay for those! We have to wait 2-3 weeks until they are ready though because it is getting close to Christmas. I don't know if I can wait that long! Don't they understand I need my sleep?!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

My MCHN is ment to be here between 12-4.....i hate when i get given a huge time frame!!

Jasmine is sleeping well...wont wake for feeds thru the day....keeps us up all night!

So starting tonight....Craig will go bed early....and ill stay up, then tomorrow i can sleep and he watches the kids....take it in turns goin to bed early each night!

forgot to mention the erotic dreams. i have had those the entire pregnancy and even after surgery. wtf. it's because i wasn't getting any i suppose... really, really raunchy dreams. yay

We haven't cracked open the baby bonus or medicare or health fund paperwork just yet but after reading everyones posts I think i'll do it now!
    Re another baby... we definately want another one and will probably wait until Hayley is about 2 or thereabouts. Although DH came out last night saying how much he is loving us now being a 'family' and that a second baby should be on the cards sooner than we had discussed! I think he is just besotted with his daughter....
    Re DTD - so don't feel like it at the moment, am still sore and tender with the stitches as well as still bleeding so there is no chance we're back at it just yet.

Does anyone else wake up sweating? I never used to have a perspiration problem but I feel like I'm drenched in sweat when I wake up - its very odd.... And no, its not from having any hot dreams!

Right, off to do some paperwork!

aagghhh - why can you never find a black pen when you need it! I have a billion blue pens but no black....

Kate- yep re the sweat. i never sweat much but have been waking up sweating a lot lately.
    i was in hosp too but thought it was the crappy matress beds that are plasticy, but still happening since being home?? dunno why that is?

i always have way out dreams about anything and everything. cant remember if the erotic ones have increased or not but i know i had a few of them whilst pg!

well Tyron is 3 1/2weeks old and still waiting for a MCHN phone call to organise a visit, quiet annoyed at that. i rang them on Monday they didnt have any of my details and she entered them in and said i will get a call, still waiting....

rallybbek Guest

Hehehehe, KateP, wait till you have to hide all the pens and all other writing/drawing implements!!
    We started to DTD again monday. and again last night. DH is happy! Sorry, TMI!
    Nic, those MCHN are a bit slack! Hope they come soon. The girls are being ratbags once again today, oh to be on a island with a ****tail.
    Have a good one everybody.
    Bec

Kate - I too wake up in a sweat at night. I really don't sweat ordinarily unless I am being quite active on a summers day, and even then its nothing like what it had been lately! Its a grosse feeling!

RE DTD - REALLY don't feel like it at all! Last thing on my mind, but will definately hold out at least the 6 weeks due to the extent of tearing I had. I still have a fair bit of pain too so have no idea how long it will take for that to go away.

Tiera sleeps quite well at night. She had a feed at 9:30pm last night then didn't wake until 3:30am, so we got a great sleep in ten. I woke at 1:30am and 2:30am the to check on her as she hadn't woken and she was fast asleep. She then woke again at about 4:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep, so I layed on the lounge with her and we slept there until about 7am this morning. My main prob is I put her to sleep in my arms most of the time, rather than putting her to bed while she is settled so she can put herself to sleep. As of her first sleep today, she will be putting herself to sleep, even if I have a let her cry a bit.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

becky Guest

Pish - Did you have a third degree tear?
    Trish - Im the same, DS is finally starting to calm down! I even got him to have an afdternoon nap today!!! Yippee!!!! First time since Chels has been born.

Im starting to feel like DTD now (TMI) but cant cause of this stupid bleeding! Grrr. How much longer?????
    Hope everyone else is well!

MCHN came and Kieran had put on 90g in 3 days which is great! She said 20g + per day is good, so I'm glad the porker is putting on 30g a day. I told her that he is pretty unsettled after a feed and she suggested that we try Infacol to help his digestive system and bring up burps. I said that the box said not to use it until 1 month of age, but she said you can use it from 4 days onwards. I have just sent DH out to buy some now! She also showed me a great settling technique to get him to sleep which I'd actually worked out for myself earlier today, but it was great to see an expert do it and it actually worked. He cried for less than a minute and hasn't woken up since! I am hoping it works for me tonight so I don't have to bring him in to bed with me.

Tiff - Tiera sounds like a great night sleeper!

rallybbek - I take my hat off to you having two other children to care for. I'm finding one older child difficult to deal with!

Nic - Can't believe you haven't heard from your MCHN! Is it just a busy time for them ATM?

Kim - Does Jasmine feed if you wake her up for daytime feeds? I wake Kieran after 3 hours if he doesn't wake up during the day (probably sounds cruel of me!). I did this with Joel too and he started sleeping through the night pretty quickly, by 5.5 weeks he slept 8 hours through the night. I really hope Kieran does the same thing! I know not all parents are happy to do this though so please disregard my comments if it doesn't suit you guys

Becky - Glad to hear your DS is calming down too! It gives you hope doesn't it?

becky Guest

Trish - What is this settling technique? Not that I can really complain, Chels is a very good baby, but sometimes after her midnight feed, she just wants to play.........

Becky - We swaddled him in a muslin(sp?) wrap in a way that allows him to move his hands around within it and he can kick his legs (though it probably doesn't matter how you swaddle them as long as they are comfy) then put him to bed on his side - propped safely with a bunny rug - popped a dummy in his mouth (don't worry if you don't use one), put one hand on his shoulder and held the dummy in his mouth while using the other hand to pat him on the back. He cried seriously for less than a minute then he got quieter, then he stopped altogether and has been asleep for over an hour now! I tried this earlier today (didn't swaddle as well as the MCHN did) and it worked, though he woke up after about 5 minutes so I just did it again and didn't hear from him again. She said that if they are still crying after 2 minutes, pick them up and cuddle them, then put them down and start again. Fingers crossed it works just as well for us tonight!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast