Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #7

Morning!

Have fun at your meet-up... so jealous!

Well I feel like crap today, last night she just didn't want to settle after each feed, oh and she threw an extra feed in too. By this mornings early morning feed I was having trouble keeping my eyes open... just trying to settle her now for another sleep - then I'm going back to bed!

8-week jabs this arvo

Air conditioner getting installed this arvo - yipee!

Nevermind Kim went to the Fountain Gate & got her pic taken with Santa, so cute.
    I've put the pic on facebook, her website & in the Gallery.

Peta good luck with Kaylee's Vac's today, hope they don't hurt too much.
    Maddi is fine today only got a teeny little bruise from the 3rd neddle.

Mo so sorry i didnt see u come back and edit your post with a question for me

We got them at FG last year.

Good luck today Peta.

That's ok Kim We got the Santa's Special pack, it's good how they develop them straight away.

That was a whole lotta reading!

Too much to comment on.....

Good to hear everyone is well. Great hip news all round.

Someone asked about accomodation in Melb- there is a motel called City square motel. It is definately no frills and on the cheaper end of the scale, i havn't stayed there myself but MIL stays there often when she flys over. Not sure about suitablitiy for kids either. However it is located right in the centre of the city, public transport everywhere. I would suggest using the wotif website, but i guess with kids and all you want to plan further ahead than 2 weeks! Sorry i can't remember who asked?!

Queenscliff was great, (drove around Mo- took the camper trailer, they charge an arm and a leg with a trailer on the ferry), saw some great music, Lu was loving her first festival, kicking back in the sling sleeping most of the time. I was worried about the mossies but managed to keep her from being eaten alive.

Got all crafty at a GF's yesterday and made a christmas decoration for Lu. It's an fairy and i embroidered her name and 2007 on it. Dorky i know, but i am a mum now! lol

Well off for my walk, been in the car too long this am. Hope you ladies had a lovely meet up and that someone took a photo to show us all!

Oh, meant to ask, leah which liners were you using? I have some eenes and some other brand, but wanted to try the natures child ones. Eeenees seem a bit rough?

becky and Kim - thats great news about Chelsea and Jasmine, so glad to hear it

Trish - well said on the crying issue, we all have to figure out what works best for us, and stick with it! After all, every bub is different!

Great Santa pics ladies! I can't wait 2 get mine done!

I felt like a very bad mummy yesterday - yesterday morning Tahlia was crying and she had been fed, burped and had her nappy changed, so I tried putting the dummy in, which made her gag and cough, and then she spewed everywhere. After blaming myself for the spew for a few hours, DH convinced me that it wasn't because of the dummy, she was probably crying cause she had a pain, so I believed him. Then in the afternoon we went shopping, and the same thing happened, so I put the dummy in, and the same thing happened! I felt so bad! I want to throw all the dummies in the bin!

becky Guest

Hey everyone!

Sorry I didnt make the meet up today Brissy ladies. DH had the day off so we decided to take the kids to Shorncliffe. We dont get too many days off together so when we do we like to make the most of it! Hope you all had fun and I will DEFINATELY come to the next one! Better make it soon.......

Love all the santa pics, will definately be getting some done in the next week or two

Kellie - don't feel like a bad mum - I know with Hayley i've tried a few differnent brands of dummies and she really only likes the Avent ones. The others make her gag as i think they are way too big, even though they are newborn size and end up getting spat out (she has a very unhappy look that accompanies the rejection) Have you tried any other types/brands?

CatherineL Guest

Thanks for the meet up today ladies, had a great time... Hope I didn't talk too much, when i'm cooped up by myself for a while I burst at the seems with chatter! All the bubs behaved very well and they are all just gorgeous! Everyone looked great... Surprisingly no one looked exhausted! LOL

Kate - the avent one is the one that made her gag! I've also tried the nuk brand, and I've bought a newborn happy baby dummy, but haven't yet tried it (i'm too scared now!)

Hi all,

Kellied - Dont feel bad. I'd say both times she had a belly ache. Thowing up would have made her feel a load better.
    I find Tiera doesn't need her dummy any more. She is really quite settled, except when shes tired and letting me know shes hungry... both of which are easy to fix. Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon!!! lol

Mother's group again tomorrow and I am REALLY looking forward to it. We had such a lovely morning last week and I enjoy meeting new people.

I hope the Bris ladies enjoyed their get together yesterday. It would be good to put faces to names!

When are the SYD ladies having their get together?

Hope everyone had a great day!

CatherineL Guest

Vivienne, I meant to ask you - Which Child Health Clinic do you guys go to?

Amelia Guest

It was so nice putting names to faces today!! Both Rhys and I had a great time!! We will definately have to do it again soon.

what a wonderful morning we all had cant wait to do it again

Hi everyone!

Glad to hear your meet-ups went well! You should take a group photo one day and post it for the rest of us to see!

Had a busy day today getting out of the house visiting people. I was going a bit nuts and decided to bite the bullet and just get out of here! I saw my little niece who is now two weeks old, I haven't seen her since the day she was born so it was nice to see her awake.

Joel has been an absolute nightmare with keeping everyone awake (yes I said Joel, not Kieran!). When he goes to bed he likes to hum, chant, sing, etc... for a while as a way of winding down. He used to only do this for maybe 10 minutes then go to sleep. Otherwise we could just tell him to stop and he would. Well, now that Kieran has arrived he is using it as an attention thing (even if it is negative attention) and will do it at the top of his lungs. I tried to have a nap at 8pm last night and couldn't sleep because Joel was so loud. We went in numerous times and offered bribery then threats (!), but he continued for an hour and a half!! I was in tears from getting no rest. This morning I put Kieran down at 6am after his feed and hopped back into bed, half an hour later Joel woke up and started his chanting (he does this when he wakes too...sigh...). I nearly cried again! So anyway, I am feeling a bit mental right now. Luckily DH bribed him with a ride on his skateboard tomorrow if he is quiet and he hasn't made a noise tonight!!

Ahh...sorry about my rant, I just needed to get it off my chest! Right now both boys are in bed and DH has gone out to play in a tennis grand final so it is nice to have some time to myself. I would go have a nap, but Kieran is a bit windy tonight and I keep having to go in and settle him. Oh well, it's better than Joel's chanting!

Have a great evening everyone. Sleepy vibes to all!

Kellie-just like everything else:what works for one is worst for another!!!!

Tiff- we've been meeting at a cafe in Parramatta park

so today for the first time i got explosive poo'd and wee'd on while out-lucky we were at the shops so i bought myself a new shirt to wear, must remember to pack a spare shirt 4 me along withy miss h's spare outfit

Trish - You poor mite. I've been wondering lately how I'd go with two youngsters and I thought of various senarios and they sounded just like what you described! Is DH able to give you a break of a weekend??? Or can DH take Joel to the park or something for a few hr on a weekend when Kieran is asleep so you can have a nap??? I must say I am really lucky that home is work for both DH and I. Tiera wakes up with the sun, so he gets up to her and takes her over to the office until she is either due for a feed or I wake up. I hope you get a good sleep soon, you must be a patient person to have taken so long before having a cry! I'm sure it'll all settle down before much longer.

Kate - That happen to me yesterday, but I was at home! lol It has to happen at some stage doesn't it?! :P

Thanks Tiff! Luckily DH will get Joel up on a weekend so I can sleep in a bit longer and he has on occasion taken him out so I can rest during the day, he is a gem! It all just seemed so much harder last night and today, I think the lack of sleep has finally caught up with me. I am also amazed it has taken 4 weeks to finally have a cry! I cried heaps more early on with Joel. I'm not normally a crier though so DH takes it pretty seriously when I do! What would I do without him?? Your DH is great by taking Tiera for a while in the mornings! I bet she gets lots of attention at the holiday park.

Anyway, off to bed finally!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast