Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #7

hey that pic of you brissy mum and bubs is great! I knew who Catherine, Viv and Ange were but not sure who else was who! someone tell me?

Well Nixon was jaundice but understandably cause he was premmie, but never seemed to be an issue because he was i NICU anyway so they used to do the heel ***** every secnd day. i jus checked his notes and his levels were 260. Doc told me Tyron's level ws at about 100 so not bad but he is going on 7weeks old.
    i just wish they put him under in hosp and got it right from the start. different days he looks a differnen colour. one day is is fine and the next looks real yellow.
    Rebecca- did Emma stay in hosp and have it or she had to go back to hosp oce already home?

catherine- i cant imagine how your labour was must have been sooo full on, and i bet u thought how the heck do pppl do this for 12hrs plus at this intensity? My sisters first labour was only 3hrs 45mins and i know she thought that and the whole time was really full on.

Kim- congrats on Chelsea walking how cute!
    Trish- i hope you get a nap this afternoon. Ive found Nixon seems to be waking earlir than normal so no sleeping in for me. but then he has a big mid morning sleep and im not tired yt by then so i try and get everything done! he has just woken now been asleep for 2.5hrs!

Cath- my bleeding lasted as long as yours. 2 weeks ish. But they say up to 6 weeks is normal or maybe average...... not sure?

Off to mothers group, bit apprehensive.....

Nic- Hope all goes well with Mr T today. He does look a TINY bit yellow, but i wouldn't have noticed either unless you pointed it out. How is he feeding? hope it's all working out for you.

Lu got her not-so-secret santa pressie! Thanks Santa waiting to open it on chrissy day.

Well Kaylee was a very good girl for nanny, and did a nice 7-hour sleep from 10pm - 5am! She has NEVER done that for me !!... She then fed at 5am, went back to sleep and was asleep when I got here (still at my mum's atm), fed at 9am, had a lovely play time with LOTS of smiles, then a grizzle and back to sleep just after 10am. Mum is at work, but we are going to meet her for lunch before we head home.

Amber - great pic, you gals are all looking gorgeous!

Ange - enjoy mother's group! I really enjoy mine!! I was a little unsure before I joined, but it is really great meeting other new mums.

Oh, AF arrived this morning ... I can't remember exactly how I long I bled for after birth, was at least 4-weeks - but very light flow the entire time for me as I had a c/s and 'clean' out the uterus quite a bit. Then I'm pretty sure I ovulated a couple of weeks ago - which I asked the Dr about and he said yeah can restart that early! Then AF arrived this morning - ARG! Been so nice not having it most of the year!

Have a nice day ladies!

Oh, Nic - Kaylee had very bad jaundice too, and we went back to the hospital 3-days after being discharged and were readmitted as soon as the paed looked at her, they put her under double phototherapy lights before the blood tests had even come back!! She was under the lights for nearly 48-hours.

I hope you all have a good week. Probably wont be online for the remainder of the day..ill try pop online now and then at the relos!!

My bub is 1 tmrw!! My gosh how fast its gone. She is a toddler...to think this time last yr i was in early labour

rallybbek Guest

nic - emma developed the jaudice straight away so we were still in hospital, if toby's jaudice had got any worse we would have had to back into hospital. btw, the heel *****s are not very kind are they, poor bubbas. Emma had from a tuesday morning to the saturday morning under the lights and she was still yellow for quite a while.

Becca - with my three kids, all of my labours were short and full on emma 3.5hrs, kate- 3.75 hrs (she got stuck! lol) and toby 2 hrs 15 mins! I think i will order a 10 minute labour for the forth one!! I wont know what hit me! LMAO

Have a safe trip Kim! Happy birthday for tomorrow Chelsea!!!

i went to post something then heard a little cry from down the hall... in the meantime you girls have added another page... one day i'll keep up.

nice to see everyone yesterday. i had one thoroughly over-stimulated boy by the time we'd wandered round the mall etc. i think the heat was a tad too much for him. he certainly had an arsenic hour last night.... poor kid. i think i'm going to reduce his mall doses to one a week (if that). he's a gem today. slept 8 + 3 last night and is asleep now. just likes being home methinks.

i think we're bonding better now. i just love him to bits and i can't help feeling his little babyhood slipping away *sniff*. even when he has a scream he's still cute.... sigh. i can't stop sniffing his head either. it's like an addiction. *covert sniff*

had physio this morning. 1cm ab separation above the belly button, so i'm doing ok. still banned from hard core exercise for another 6 weeks. *miffed*

all these posts are swimming before my eyes and i can't think what i wanted to talk about...

bleeding - mine went light after 2-3 weeks, stopped for a few days (yellowish) then came back light brown and went back to yellow yesterday. hoping it's stopped by the time Louis has to dig around in there for my 6-week check.

not looking forward to AF any time soon. still toying with getting the Mirena IUD (bit scared tho')

i have just put up the xmas tree. dh gets decorating duty this year so it's still just green for the time being.

baby wipes - turns out the big fella is a bit like his princess-and-the-pea mother and is sensitive to everything. even the extra-sensitive huggies wipes (and johnson's) cause him to flare up on the bot. the midwife got me onto using warm wet facecloths on his bot instead of wipes. fixed him right up - just with one day of using a plain wipe yesterday it's flared again. not cool. old school cloths for him!

my question today is this: how do you feel about your baby at the moment?

my SS present arrived - won't be opening it until the day but i have shaken it and fingered the edge of it already :-p

Just got back from mother's group, where I got Tiera weighed and for the first time, she is ABOVE her birth weight!!! Woo Hoo!!! I actually feel like I may just be doing things right now! She is one happy booby baby and is thriving beautifully. Tiera weighs a healthy 3.78kg. She gave the nurse a big smile just as she asked if she was smiling yet! It was very educational today and I got a lot of questions answered.

Rebecca - Tiera stil startles her self if I don't wrap her. Just as Trish said, I think thatast for a while due to their reflexes developing (I believe).

Trish - I hope your off having a lovely long nap!

Catherine - 2 weeks... You are VERY lucky!!! I wish!!! Ithink I'll end up a 6 weeker by the looks of things

Nic - I hope every goes OK with little Tyron! Poor little tike!

NT - to answer your qu.... I can't believe how much I could love someone! I always knew you love your chn more than anyone else, but is just amazing how much you can love themand the grows with every day. I am so proud and feel incredibly blessed. We are so lucky to have such a happy, healthy, relaxed and well behaved little bub! We are even lucky enough to have a bub that loves to sleep at night!!!
    Last edited by Tiff+2; November 28th, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

Claire Guest

Catherine - Harry has broken capillaries too - I thought it must have been the pushing?! I pushed for an hour! To think if I was in hospital they would have only have given me 20 minutes before going on about assisting me to get Harry out!

Nic - I thought Ty looked a little jaundice the time I came around with Emily for lunch but not on Monday?!

Pish - I bled in total for about 4 weeks but the last 3 weeks were like a light period getting lighter until nothing was left.

Viv - I'm totally head over heels with my little man. I remember after the birth with Emily it took longer to bond like this and assume it was in my case, because of the traumatic birth and the drugs. Apparently epidurals are known for this. Not that anybody told me at the time!!!

Me - Both children are asleep (I think, hope and pray!) I'm just about to drink a peppermint tea and get down to a good ol' chin wag with a friend. I need to go grocery shopping, we don't have a piece of veg or fruit left in the entire place but I can'r face taking the two children to Woolies! It's the logistics of it - Emily won't say put in the trolley; how do I bend over and put the groceries on the conveyor belt with Harry in the HAB; What if Emily has a tantie; it's just too hard!

I am the one sitting down in the Brissy girls photo.

Viv - L challenges me in so many ways, so I feel challenged by him, especially at 4 in the morning! Also very proud that I was part of creating this perfect baby.

Nothing much else happening.

im so in lov with lachie, he is perfect in every way!!(even when he poops)

my question if you dont mind is

How do you feel about your partner???

i am even more in love with him for giving me such a precious gift and being so supportive. i thought i loved him before but apparently it changes a huge amount when the baby actually comes along.

I feel much the same as you Kate when it comes to my DH. I am so lucky to have so much help and support from him. I love to sit and watch him with Tiera. Sometimes I feel bad if I have to tell him how to do something or if I have to nag him about being rough with her especially after she's fed, but luckily most of the time he doesn't mind. I also feel guilty we haven't DTD and dont want to for another couple of weeks until I've had my 6 week check.

CatherineL Guest

Claire - I only pushed 3 to 5 times, I really don't think it was 5 times... but I only had to push her head out and pant through the rest... IDK, maybe it's just all the pressure?

Viv - I think I have expressed many times how friggen much Ro ROCKS and how much I love being a Mum! I too have an obsession with sniffing her head...

Nic - I posted a comment on that photo of who was who.

LizzysMum Guest

Viv - re wipes. My kids are failrly sensitive to and I use cloth wipes. I biught the really fine baby terry washers from Big W and I keep them dampened with water in an old huggies container. I was them with the nappies but you could do them in the machine. Just add a bit of disinfectant in the rinse cycle, its just baby poop

I don't have any probs with redness and crying when geting wiped any more.

HTH?

Hi everyone. This is my first time on belly belly. I am looking for someone to talk to about baby stuff. My little Ethan was born on the 15th Oct 2007. He has just turned 6 weeks which is incredible. Feeling lonely and unsure as my hubby went back to work last week. Ethan is a difficult bub. He has reflux and just started meds this week. We are bottle feeding as I couldn't breast feed and he wont drink a lot which stresses me out. We are trying the self settling technique which doesn't help when he is feeling sick. The doc told me not to pick him up. He is just testing me. It breaks my heart to hear him cry. Any suggestions?

Saffi - My DH is an apprentice heavy road vehicle mechanic. There is just so much work out here to do that he works FOREVER!!! Plus being an apprentice - he is almost like a slave!
    To the questions that were put - my feelings towards my baby. Right now they are great (she is asleep FINALLY!) There have been days, I admit, where I wish I could send her back where she came from. These are the days that I dont cope very well with such a clingy baby.
    How do I feel about DH? I love him with all my heart but keep thinking how lucky he is to go to work and away from this baby that cries most of the time. Sometimes I get frustrated (?With him?? with myself??) cause things are getting done around the house that he could be helping me with, but as my mum said.....the dishes will still be there in the morning!
    My 6 week check up went ok. Everything is normal. Dr is a bit worried about me being a bit depressed (as I have no support out here and such a clingy baby) and is going to talk to me when Caitlyn has her shots on the 17th. I have the best Dr in the world I think.
    Gosh - all these short labours!! I thought (after listening to other people) that 13 hours was short! Must admit I thought 2nd stage was short but they tell me that the reason I had vacuum was because of prolonged 2nd stage - IDK!
    Anyway little miss is sleeping a bit - 3 hours now all day - so I have a chance to get things done.

Alz - We suspected reflux in my little one (we were VERY lucky that it wasnt!) but I can understand where you are coming from a little. I have a very clingy baby who cries if she is not being held or carried. By not drinking alot what do you mean? ONly takes a small bottle? or only a few times a day? It all depends on how much he is drinking over a 24 hr period. I was stressing cause my bub only took 80 mls at some feeds but after keeping a diary I realised that she was drinking sufficient. They say as long as bubs is gaining weight then they are getting enough.
    My little ones cries a lot when put in her crib. Its all just a matter of timing when we get her in there. Did the Dr suggest elevating the head of the crib a little. We did this even though bub doesnt have reflux and she settles quicker now.
    My only advice to you is that you have to figure out what works for bub best and go with that. I now keep a journal of what she has done during the day and how happy she was with this and that and (cause I have a bit of baby brain), I look over it every couple of days and try something again. You just never know what is going to work.
    All the ladies on here are lovely and everyone will be supportive of you. Keep your chin up!
    Just saw your other post. I read a little about Nan HA and see that it is not really an "anti reflux" formula in that it is not thickened jsut easier to digest. Are you using a thickener as well? Maybe try one of the AR formulas? I dont know - I'm not a Dr. I went and talked to my pharmacist when I suspected Reflux and he gave us a whole range of things to try - but as I said I was lucky - no reflux, just a guts!
    Last edited by Rebecca77; November 28th, 2007 at 04:09 PM.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast