Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #9

CatherineL Guest

Becky - I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress syndrome when I was small. My mum also suffered PND with me quite severly... apparently that in itself makes ya high risk!

Kate - I won't be attending, maybe another time. I won't be back until atleast the 17th. Have lots of fun though and eat something yummy for me!!!

ETA - why no take pills Kim?
    ETA 2 - I should just define that PTS also led to depression. But I haven't had a problem with depression for years....
    Last edited by CatherineL; December 7th, 2007 at 10:30 PM.

I had pills prior to Chelsea's birth and they made me so sick....so was sent to speak to a chick every week before and after birth...i found talking helped me thru it more then what pills may have. So this time ive done the same. I dont really want drugs in my body....goes for any drugs really. I hate taking panadol even...i guess this is why i also am not using contraception...cos its drugs..LOL

Mmmmm i have a weird way of working dont i!!

ARG - just read through 4-pages, can't remember what I wanted to say...

Cath - seriously MCNs are SO easy... I'm lazy as, but find MCNs really easy, we are transitioning between MCNs and sposies (huggies), my MCN supply isn't quite enough to do full-time and can't afford to buy any more until after Chrissy. We are trialling a few different ones and so far I like the pocket nappies for best absorbency, easy to use and no leaks!

Well totally brain dead and ready for bed, but too much to do...

Have a good weekend ladies!

becky Guest

What are these MCN's you are talking about? Cool nappies?

Kim - Did I read right? Your not using contraception? Baby number 3 soon??????

Cath - Oh OK. Well glad you proved them all wrong and got away with no blues. I feel very lucky too! I didnt realise PTS lead to PND!

CatherineL Guest

Becky - it's any history of depression equals higher risk of PND. I am constantly contacted by the hospital and quizzed. They wanted me to keep going in for appointments and I was happy to, because I'd rather be prepared and fight it than in denial kwim... But I have been so slack silly me. Luckily, I feel fine anyway. MCN'S = Modern Cloth Nappies... Have you seen Angie's FB page? She's got Lu in a little lady beatle one.. ROFL - O SO CUTE!!! But most people like them because they are better on the environment I think... I don't know much about it all.

Kim - I hear ya, If that's the way that's helped you deal with it - all power to you! I too am like you and don't really like putting those chemicals in my body... But if I were to relapse depression again, I wouldn't mess with my depression - only because I know how quickly out of control it can get, the drugs were the best thing ever for me. I got through it all with drug therapy and gym (that's actually how I got so heavily into gym). That's quite some time ago now though... But I'm stuck with PTS... and have been taught to handle it much better. I didn't particularlly like the drugs for PTS when I come to think of it... they made me feel a bit dead and slow. I'm glad I can live a normal life now and I'm quite a happy person

Peta - I am going to dedicate today to a whole lot of research on these MCN's... Ange and Leah have been kind enough to give me an array of links! Hopefully I can avoid the head spinning though.. I always do that... never can seem to remember all the things I wanted to reply to by the time i've finished reading it all... Doh!

i think it's rallybbek with the implanon. your insertion site will probably hurt for a week. if it hurts longer than that get it checked. i would advise keeping a diary. if you start feeling psychotic, weepy or anything else, keep a note of it (don't put it down to the baby or anything).

with implanon i had the following:

1) random spotting
    2) weight gain
    3) acne
    4) cry at the drop of a hat
    5) destructive (relationship etc)

it's different for everyone, and i also believe hormonal contraceptives are better handled in your early 20s than any other time. i was about 26 and starting on that hormonal aaargh phase.

catherine - there is a strong link between sleep and PND also - you sound like you're coping really well so i would doubt you're likely to slip into PND any time soon. i had PTSD myself for most of my teenage years and early 20s. (was in denial too). i had pretty carp blues after milk came in for a few days but only find myself going stupid when i'm exhausted. generally i feel like i'll make it.

kim - do you find it hard to sleep generally? are you sleeping at all when you're not eating?

PND - My Doc is going to talk to me again when I take Caitlyn if for her shots. Its hard having no support system out here and he was worried when I almost burst into tears when I went in for my 6 week check (was after a particularly bad night with little miss cranky pants!) I had depression diagnosed when I was a teenager (took drugs for a while then weaned off them) and my dad has it as well (taking meds for.....years!) so its kinda a family trait. DH is a little worried cause I sleep all the time but I am trying to tell him its cause I dont sleep at night! He too is concerned that I may relapse and seeing as he is never home he worries that I will and no one will be there to help me cope.
    Anyway - back to work on the 8th January (or maybe the 9th). Am kinda looking forward to it - adult conversation and all that - but will miss being at home with my baby! Am only going back part time so it wont be so bad. Does anyone else think its a rort that you have to pay for public holidays at child care! Bit silly really. I mean its not like the child or staff is there! Anyway!
    Caitlyn has kinda set herself into a routine. She basically feeds every 3 hours. But at night it can be anywhere from 3-5 hours so we are getting closer to a sleep through. However - it always comes with a draw back. We didnt get her settled until around 1015 last night. then she slept till 145. then up again at 530 for a feed. And now a feed at 830. So I guess that means i had better head off - little miss will be waking for a feed soon.
    How long does everyones bubs sleep for in any 24 hour period? I dont know if I am letting her sleep too much or not enough.

If i got to the point i was with Chelsea id consider more then just talking to help me thru. I guess the not eating/drinking is how im dealing with it this time. As bad as this sounds...if i dont eat/drink...then i wont have to deal with life after a while. I know id never do anythign stupid. My family means the world to me...but i do have very low days where i dont wanna be here and i tell Craig that. Upsets him and takes him ages to calm me down then.

I dont sleep when im in those moods. I refuse to go to bed and close my eyes. In general ive never been a great sleeper overall any how.

Becky yep i dot use any drug related contraceptions.....condoms i do...well most times :P
    #3 is planned for 10-12 months time, but i gota feeling it wont be that long a wait!

MCN...yep i gotta get back into the swing of things now that everything has settled here. I love them on Chelsea...but i dont really wanna go buy AIO's for Jasmine when she wont be in them forever. Ill probably wait til she is into Medium size. Fitted nappies are the WTG with 2 kids..but i dont like ones that need covers, hence why i like AIO the most!

Have a good weekend all

i my son.

that is all.

(he slept 10 hours last night).

Yey Viv!!!!!!! That's bloody unreal!!

Mateo has had a belly ache today - poor little thing, so a bit unsettled. Otherwise all is well and no I haven't had Baby blues or PND - Just get a little weepy when I'm tired, but I did that before Mateo came along anyway!! :-)

xo

WTG James....good boy!

Jasmine slept 8 hours over night..but thats usual for her! Bit unsettled today...just like Chelsea, but her problem is damn teeth coming thru!!

CatherineL Guest

Vivienne, Are you over the PTS? I didn't think you could get over it... WOOT on James sleeping 10 hours... little trooper...

Kim, It's really sad to hear you talking like that - but it's a good sign that your still thinking about the future... planning more kid etc. Hopefully it won't get any worse... ETA - did you actually get over PND through your pregnancy?

Rebecca - I'm sorry your finding no support hard, I thought it would be easier with help, but I hate it... I actually think it was easier when I was by myself!

Roight... off to make fruit cake...

Just a quick one.

During tummy time on Wednesday arvo, Tiera rolled from her belly to her back 7 times! Each afternoon since then she has cont. doing it. She gets cranky after a while as she just wants to be one her back and we keep turning her onto her stomach! lol We are so proud and have filmed. I am going to try to put it on our tot site, but I'm not sure how I'll go. Will let everyone know.

So sorry no personals. busy week this week and theres just too much to read!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

I never really got over PND thru the pregnancy with Jasmine. It never got worse...but never got better either KWIM? Was always on my mind and i had hard days where i couldnt cope and i kept saying id make a bad mum and that Chelsea would hate me cos i wouldnt be just HER mum..but mum to Jas as well.

I now notice little things on both girls and blame myself for them not being perfect in every way.

All in all...im extremley hard on myself.

Well - new formula - new baby!!! She is heaps happier now. Settlin and sleepin a lot better. Still not 7-10 hours a night but I guess maybe I just let her sleep too much during the day. Its not like there is anythin else to do.
    Catherine Help I can do without. Then again - it would be nice to be able to go out to dinner with DH and leave bubs at home with someone. There is just no support as in the CHN only runs a clinic every second wednesday and so far I havent been able to get in due to them losing my phone number and not calling me back with an appointment time. So she hasnt been weighed since my 6 week check up (4.53 kg). Plus there is only one doctor manning the surgery here until after christmas so getting in is near to impossible. And finding different teats to try....well the chemist only stocks Avent and the woolworths here doesnt have any slow flow teats just medium flow.
    But like I said - new formula - new baby! Dont think I need to try anything else for her now....and we did without the infacol today - no probs! In fact she has just gone down for another sleep with no dramas!
    I sooooooo wish I lived in Brissy! Would love to be able to get together with some of you guys. We are looking at moving to Mackay this time next year so I will be closer just a little too far for a get together. PLus who knows......maybe by then we will be working on number 2!!

becky Guest

Oh Kim, Im so sorry to hear you talk like that! Did it actually get really bad with Chels? I dont really know all that much about it caus I never experienced it. I always just thought it meant you cried a lot. And you shouldnt let yourself get sick from not eating or drinking etc, although I guess thats your way of coping.
    Anyway you can vent to us whenever you need to......

becky Guest

Oh and how exciting too Kim...... baby number 3 so soon!!

I wont go into the thoughts and 'wishes' i had after Chelsea was born...but it wasnt nice at all. Other things included not letting any one but ME feed, bath, and hold her etc. Id go to the shops and cover her so no one could see her. Id not even let Craig do anything with her. Slept in separate bed from Craig, spoke to him like he was a piece of rubbish, pushed him away from me. That is the basic stuff....as i said..wont go into it further as it is raw in my mind still. Probably all hurt Craig alot...and it began happening again but not as bad.

Im sorry if ive hurt anyone or offended anyone in what ive said (as in my thoughts of not wanting to live etc). It truly is a hard thing to live with and deal with as well.

My girls and Craig are my life...and im still here today because of them.

Some may think why have more kids if thats how i go afterwards.....yeh good point...hard to explain. Some grieve the loss of a child....i grieve over the loss of not being pregnant. That may sound selfish. Theres no way id get preg just to make me 'happy' either....thats not what i mean.

With Chelsea Craig was going behind my back talking to my health nurse, the hospital....alot of people, trying to get me help. Because i was ignoring him there was no way he could get thru to me as i turned him away. I was worried this time id be the same. I came close to loosing my husband last time...i sure as hell wasnt going to let my brain make me physco again and loose him.

Im sure ive got you all lost and confused and maybe made u think im a nutcase as well...im sorry.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast