Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #79

well Jack slept for 2 hrs and brendan for 1 hr 45min

now to get brendan too drink more water

ETA:: I forgot to mention Jack stood up unaided on sun and again last night

Last edited by Rach75; October 30th, 2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added stuff

Phew I am tired, all the mums just left. Df is cooking dinner so I can play on here.
    One of the mums in my group are preggy, I was wondering when one of us would go for number 2, not that they were planning just happened.

Kell- So your following the girl recipe? (thats what I call it). Whne we do eventually start ttc we'll try the boy one.

Belle- Hope your DH is okay with those chest pains. Hope nothing serious. That poor lady too, god you have had a busy stressful time.

Nelle- I don't know why some places charge and others are free. I had to pay for my u/s too. Might depend on where you are having the baby and if they have a scan place there or do you have to go to a private scan place. By the way where are you having bubs?

AnnaT- Hope you sort all the drama out. Hopefully once you do move you'll feel more relaxed and feel the weight has been lifted from your shoulders.

I've noticed past few weeks Ash is really doing more things, starting to use more words and understand things better. (Altho she still ignores "no"!)
    Its cute too now when she does a poo she grabs her nappy then goes and points to the nappy basket (where I keep all the wipes and cream) and lies down ready for me to change her.

Gee thats no good belle! Hope your dh will be fine and that poor lady.I heard something sad myself yesterday at the shops.A girl around 26 was having her baby today at 37 weeks because she found she had cancer halfway through.I felt terrible and real sad i couldve cried.So today she was being induced and will be holding her baby and then starting chemo again soon.She was having a baby brody.So hope all is well.
    I see its ness's and nelles bday this month.
    My girls are feral.Colds again.Ruby has had 1/2hrs sleep so hoping she crashes tonite.Millana well i know she will be in bed with me at some stage. sigh.lol just wish i had my bed back.
    Ok better stop millana kicking ruby in the head.

Maz - Will Vy keep her little piggy tails in? Does she try to pull them out? Glad that you don't have GD.

Nelle - Glad the Risotto turned out!! I call James a little seagull. It is so funny at mothers group. If you ever get any food out, all the bubs line up like little seagulls squawabbling for a scrap!!! James is still a bit boogery at the moment. He wakes up in the morning with it wiped all over his face. I hope Riv is feeling better today.

Kell - How's the achy legs?? I hope you are on the mend

Rach - In regard to the peanuts, if he has not had any reaction, then I am sure all is fine. It is more looking anaphylactic shock - e.g. swelling of face, tongue, limbs, blocked airways or severe rashes. Most of the time there will be a reaction within a couple of minutes. I had to laugh at your post about Brendan and Jack. I can just imagine it now!!!

Great to hear from you Rikki!!!

Anna - Nice to see you also. Take care. I know how tough PND can be xxx

Ness - Great the Annika enjoys the water. I have just bought James the cutest pair of boardshorts with built in nappy. They look awesome on him. They also sell little girls one and two piece outfits. They are from nurture nappies. I put James in a Grobag for all sleeps. I have a few different Togs. So there is no climbing!!!! He so would not stay in bed if I put him in a big bed. He would get out all the time!

Jodi - Can you believe that it is already time for your first ultrasound? You sound like you are feeling a bit better. No more morning sickness? and you must feel so much better getting a full nights' sleep.

Shell - Like you said, just means that you will have to wait till any other kiddies you have get Christened when they are about 1. The first few days of daylight savings is always tough.

AnnaT - You are allowed to have "me" posts. That is what this forum is all about. supporting and listening to each other. I am sure Ripley is fine. He is probably just nice and snug. I am glad that you were able to get some quality rest time today.

Belle - Sounds like you need a hug.

Today was a very draining day for me. I had my friends brothers' funeral. It was a very sad emotional funeral, as suicide is always hard. It was a little strange. His ex wife got up and spoke about how they are soulmates forever, then his girlfriend got up and said similar things. Mum and Dad had James for the day. He was a little angel for them. He didn't sleep at all though (too much excitement!!!) The antibiotics must be kicking in!!!

Oh I got my MagicAlls. So far so good. And they look so cute on!!!

Laurin Sharleen Helen Vix Annie and anyone else I have missed
    Last edited by lilima; October 30th, 2007 at 08:57 PM.

That must have been a sad day for you Meg with the funeral. How are you and his family holding up? Yeah I'm feeling a lot better. Hardly get any m/s at the moment. Only when I smell something really ferral.

ETA: Heath just told me we have friends coming to stay with us from Townsville on Saturday night, so I'm out for the msn party

Ohhh Jodi! Can you have 'pregnancy related sickness' and have the computer in your room or something? Or an um...web meeting? Or something?

Just got back from the paediatric 1st aid course, so interesting! But I am tired now.

Meg, funerals are difficult aren't they. I'm glad you got the MagicAlls! Lol at the Seagull description, that's exactly how it is!

Caddie that's so sad. It's awful what some people are dealt in life.

Shell, I find River seems to be communicating a bit more clearly too these days - I thought he might have said something that sounded like 'splash splash' (well his sounded like 'spash ash') in the bath the other day, cos I always say 'splash splash' when he is splashing around! He has started to listen really intently when I speak and then chatter back. Very fun.

Gee I'm tired. Lol, at the end of each post I always almost go WOHB: Do you do that too Maz? The cloth nappy thread has a game where we post WOHB: (what's on his/her butt) and then say what nappy they're wearing at the time! But here you guys'd be like 'what?' Haha.

ok, i'll try to remember some stuff before my princess (who is asleep in my bed, cheeky girl) wakes..

good start, it posted too soon, who knows what i hit!

Maz - yay on no GD
    Rach - hope you have a better day with the boys today
    Caddie - lunch next week sounds great (i am at home this week with my cousins, yay!)
    Meg - funeral must have been hard, but I know your friend would have appreciated you being there
    Anna** - glad you are getting those meds sorted
    Annat - good luck with sorting out your move and stuff
    Helen - how's your move going?
    Shell - how cute on Ash telling you she needs a change... toilet training in progress!
    Belle - hope Jeffrey's DR sorts out his problems. Hugs on the anniversary of your Dad's death
    Nelle and Ness - enjoy your scans.
    Jodes - hello! looks like we'll be in Townsville for Christmas next year now... but still Easter as well. I must be a glutton for punishment all that travelling with Ainsleigh!
    Laurin -
    Kell - hope you're feeling better

ok, i best go and clean up the champagne glasses from last night! xxx
    Last edited by rikki; October 31st, 2007 at 08:40 AM.

i must be crazy we are off to swimming soon, we are going early to let jack (and brendan) swim in wader to try and lower jacks core temp before getting in lesson pool which is cold cold.........wish me luck

MEg.. sorry again to hear about your friends brother. Legs arent achy anymore. Maybe it was because i stopped after a week of walking around.

Nelle.. Jesse is the same with his talking. Very slow on it but i swear i hear him mimick what i say to him. Splash splash was one of them actually.

Shell.. yep girl receipe! Hope it works, if not ah well. Its very hard though to pin point when youre going to ovulate inorder to stop DTD within enough days! We'll see how we go, if we get a boy then woo a little mate for Jesse! Do you have any idea when youll start trying?

Caddie.. hope the girls get better soon. I think Jesse's starting to get my cold from the past week, which i originally got from him! Aghh its a vicious cycle!

Nessa.. wooo for Annika in a big bed! Hope you got some sleep!

We're off swimming today woo! My head feels like its gonna expload so best i pop some nurophen.

Kell- We prolly won't start trying til middle next year altho Df was bringing it up the other day! But I'm just not ready yet, I think its more mentally I'm not ready. Are your cycles usually regular, that way it'd be easier to pinpoint when you will O.

Rach- Have fun swimming!

Nelle- I was reading the mighty toddler and she was saying how alot times our bubs are saying words but sometimes we don't realise so I've started listening closely and yeah I do notice some things she sort of is trying to say or trying to copy us so I bet River is doing that too. WOHB?

Meg- I can imagine it would have been so draining. How is everyone coping? Oh and what are magicAlls?

Ness- How did Annika go in the big girl bed? I reakon if I tried to put Ash in one she'd be runny riot round her bedroom!

Caddie- Thats awful. Do you know the girl? I hope she survives. It makes me think of that lady that was in the news a while back. She had cancer and was pregnant and chose to keep her baby instead of ending the pregnancy and getting treatment. She had healthy baby and not sure how long after but she ended up passing away. It was just so sad.

Do anyones bubs hate getting there hair washed? I only wash Ash's once week cause she gets so upset and cries and tries to wriggle away then ends up making it worse. I hate doing it.

Jodi - The family are holding up fairly well considering. His nanna threw herself on the casket howling. (They are Italian, and very emotional)

Nelle - Great you are doing the first aid course.

Rach - you are one brave woman taking two little ones to the pool.

Kell - Have fun at swimming.

Shell - James LOVES having his hair washed. Love water. Puts his head under etc. MagicAlls are cloth nappies. I have just started James in cloth.

We just got back from playgroup so catching a few mins before I start cleaning the house. Oh how exciting!!

Shell, River's doesn't really have much hair, it's quite fine, and I found that shampoo was drying out his scalp a bit - this morning in his bath I just rubbed it with a really wet facewasher. Seems fine for him. If I have to pour water over his head, I'll cover his face with my hand, like a sun visor.
    Does she like showers? Riv voluntarily puts his head under there...then comes out spluttering! Though he's realised he can breathe with his head under the shower.

Yeah Meg, it was pretty fun too.

Eww, someone just presented me with a very runny nose. I think he needs to go to bed actually!

WOHB: (just for you Shell!) A green Baby BeeHinds fitted nappy (made of bamboo), with no cover...but i might put a cover on for the nap! If he hasn't pooed already that is!

Rach- Have fun swimming!
    Shell it was fun until the lesson started he was having so much fun in the wader crawling around putting his head under blowin g bubbles as soon as we went over to the lesson pool he cried and cried and then I feel like the other mums are like what a bad mum cause I stick with it

also jack doesn't mind having his hair washed never has

Rach - you are one brave woman taking two little ones to the pool.
    taking there is no drama they are both real good in the wader and a friend of brendans mum comes over and minds Bren while Jack is having his lesson, and really I only have to chase one as Jack isn't walkign so he can't run off

well as I said above the lesson was crap again I may just have to go by myself each morning and take him swimming to get him into the habit its just a bit hard with brendan here this week till after 4pm each day and I have already paid for the lessons so I need to keep going if only jase would go with me of a arvie

well anyway I may go lay down brendan fell asleep on way home so he is out Jack just had a little lunch and a bottle and is out to it hoping they sleep like last week I think they woke after 2.30pm
    Last edited by Rach75; October 31st, 2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: hair washing

hiya,

just a quickie today. Heaps busy.

Rach - we got the carryboy canopy but we went through auto-one, not sure if they are in your neck of the woods or not. Ricks pretty happy with it. We just need to sell our hardcover now!

Kell - achy legs could be lack of salt in your diet, esp during warm weather.

Bailey has hardly any hari still so I have never actually washed it as such. I bought him a little brush and comb set last week and he loves getting his hair brushed...for about 5 secs and then he is off playing!

Hiya to everyone else.
    xxx

Shell.. Jess doesnt like it overly too much either. Some days i can wash it without him chucking a tanty, others he'll whing and cry until he can see clear again.. yet he loves going under the water in the pool and will even dunk his face in the bath himself.. so go figure! I do use the J&J No tears stuff too. Is that what youre using on ash? I did read in my baby book though, that it is sufficient to only wash their hair once a week for those babies that hate having their hair washed. Jesse i do probably every second day or so, depending if we're going swimming, if theres food in it etc. Dont think theres much you can really do except maybe encourage to lean her head back, get a jug to wash the water out so its all out in one quick go or maybe try and hold a washer over her eyes, thats what mum use to do for me.

Vixstar.. yeh it may be. Im not a big salt eater actually. Ill have it on chips but wont add it to any other meals. I think thats why i got alot of leg cramps while pregnant.

Rach.. thats not good. But is Jack sick? maybe thats why he didnt really wanna concerntrate on the lessons?

We had swimming too today. The big pool lead to the smaller kids pool that has fountains and stuff etc. We were in the big pool kinda near where it leads to the kids pool. There was a primary school in the outside pool and there were a few kids in the kids pool too. When we look over and they were fishing a "floater" out of the water! Not what you wanna see! So we stuck to the lap pool, moved a bit further away!
    Jesse is asleep atm woohoo. So just had a shower and am relaxing. Nose is still runny, ears still blocked, but ill get there.

A quick question..
    When your kids have got a cold/flu, how soon did you take them to the doctor? Why im asking is, i think Jesse is getting my cold/flu. This afternoon hes broken out in a mild cough. Nose is a tiny bit runny, not much yet. If i was to take him to the doctors is it too soon for them to give him anything for it? Like antibiotics? or would i be best getting him some kids Dimetapp to see if that knocks it on the head first?

TIA

Kell they wont do a thing unless he has a chesty cough and green snot.Millana is sick with it at the moment and has passed out on the couch.Shes hot too.And just got rid of a cold anyway too.Such a bummer and most liekly stay home tonite and not scrap. Just wished she was healthy and not sick all the time. BBL ruby is going to wake her up. Arghhh

Kell- See how he goes, just keep fluids and rest for him. Anti-biotics are only good if he has bacterial type infection and as colds are viral they won't be any use.

Ness- I forgot it was halloween today. I wish we went trick or treating like thry do overseas.

Thanks girls bout hair washing answers. I hope she gets used to it eventually, thats why I only do it once week. It only gets near her eyes cause she gets wriggly once there is water on her head.

I'm feeling very tired now. Bought Ash lots clothes today, just thought I'd better stock up on size 1 outfits seeing as she'll prolly start getting into them soon.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast