Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #98

Hey all thought i would pop back in and say Hi

miss you all

Things with MJ are going well, we are still bf strongly so am very happy with that. Ohter then a slight wind problem this morning she has been a great sleeper.

Hmm bbs

annika has just poked her

ok

Caddie- great stuff, i love it!!!

hi to everyone else

Hmm I had heaps trouble getting on here this morn and yesterday arvo, page wouldn't load up but seems everyone else got on so who knows what prob was. All other sites were working cept this one???

Hi Beatrix, took me a little minute to work out who you are! You're sounding good.

Caddie- When my friend has her little boy I might have to get something from your store, good on you it all looks fantastic.

Nelle- Ditto with what Shar said and we also used the infacol drops here for awhile at one stage, did seem to help a little.

Ambz- Things must be looking up cause you're sounding very positive in that post.

Just had busy day here cleaning, yes very exciting, I so wish I had a cleaner!

Df's birthday tomor, we went to DFO yesterday and he shopped til he dropped, very spoilt but I guess he never really buys stuff unless its birthday or xmas. I told him for my birthday I expect him to take me shopping and watch me try on stuff and pay for it all!

Which DFO did you go to Shell?

Hi Beatrix.

Went to a farm this morning. J had a blast. We patted some pigs and a donkey. Also chased the ducks and chickens!

Just got back from the MCHN appointment. J can't stack 4 blocks, nor does he really do imaginitive play. Should I be worried? My anxiety has gone into overdrive.

fak

Meg Riv thinks blocks are for throwing in & out of his trolley. No stacking here. :P

How about the imaginitive play?

Oh - I should add he weighs 13.3 kg and is 90.5 cm tall. That puts his weight at the 75th and his height above the 97th percentile. Looks like he is going to take after his parents in the height department. I am 5 ft 10, and DH is 6ft 3
    Last edited by lilima; April 14th, 2008 at 06:25 PM.

Um, he comes up to us sometimes like he has something in his hand, we hold out our hand and he hands us nothing...does that count? Please don't stress Meg, kids do things in their own sweet time. How long's J been walking for? Riv's only been walking for 2 weeks.

hi girls

How are you all? Ive been flat out and Julia is ok but still sickie and she had to have her chicken pox shot on Saturday as theres chicken pox in her daycare at the moment. Hopefully doesnt upset me or unborn Tara baby Ive had chicken pox...but could still get the shingles.

Meg - hon, what do they mean by imaginative play? I have to take Julia next week for her checkup with the MCHN. Julia doesnt stack blocks. She does build lego though.

Hope everyone is well, will come back later to write more.

Bel
    xxx

Hi Belle,
    It means that they will rock a dolly like a baby, or lie a teddy down and cover it with a blanket like it is going to bed, or use a pretent teapot and cup and pour a cup of tea etc.

Hope Julia is feeling better.

I'm guessing by imaginative play they mean pretending? I wonder if that includes pretend crying, River has crocodile tears all the time. :P Until he realises I'm not looking (well, I am, but not letting him know that!).

Just remembered we've got our 18month check up tomorrow too (sneaking it in with Si's 2week one, otherwise she knows I wouldn't turn up ) so we can compare notes after that!

Haha Nelle you can tell your a Mama-of-two because you called Silas Riv

Meg, well Jett stacks blocks and does imaginative play (Jett will feed and cover Ripley which I guess might count as imaginative play, and he drives his cars/trains around the floor making sounds and talking to himself) so I cant help you there except by saying that J is just fine and he will do things in his own time. Those appointments are just a way to make us feel like we arent up to scratch by "professionals" standards which are not worth a dime imo. Jetts only been doing it for about 2 or 3 weeks. Surprised me actually because he can hardly sit still through a movie or TV show so I didnt think his concentration span was up for actual playing with toys yet.

Maybe you could imaginative play with him and see what happens?

Haha well I changed it Annat, so now you look like a crazy lady. So back atcha!

Did you know you can buy Peach iced tea cordial? I'm drinking a beer mug of it now! Holding off on the coke, til Si's wind settles. People are telling me that windy babies often grow out of it...anyone know what time frame we're talking here? By 3 weeks? 6 weeks? 3 months? 21 years?

nelle, probably by the time he's 21 he would have grown out of it
    Seriously though, probably a good idea to stay away from the frozen cokes for now.

Any luck on the housing anna?

So what is life really like with 2 under 2??? I'll be there in a few weeks, and starting to really ***** myself now. And be kind!

meg - like the others have said, he'll do it all when he's ready.

Yeah I know. It is just that I work with people with disabilites, and if I had a doller for every time a mum told me that she didn't notice anything was wrong until later I would be rich. I guess I just over examine every thing that he does. Also he doesn't say many words that the general public could understand, athough I understand what he is saying. Gosh - I have got many years of worrying ahead of me

Meg, River doesn't say anything really. Okay, after saying grace at dinnertime he said 'aweh' (I'm guessing 'amen') once. But he knows what I'm saying, and can follow instructions (when he wants to).
    Each kid is so different, I've heard they only learn one thing at a time, so it just depends on what skill he's been focussing on developing. For Riv before he walked, it was his fine motor skills. Now he's concentrating on walking, just does circuits of the house and spins in circles. :P

Jodi, get LOTS of help in that first week while you settle in with the newie. Get as much help as you can. This is the start of our third week, and today wasn't a bad day, I got a load of washing done! Baby steps, just don't set yourself any big goals. Just look after the kids. And get to bed really early at night, get Heath to bring bub in for the last night feed. Oh, and have a stash of special toys and biscuits for when you're feeding, so you can lure a toddler away from naughty behaviour when you're helpless cos you're feeding. Riv is such an opportunist, sees me feeding and starts flicking switches and turning knobs. But he can't resist my stash of arrowroots, muahahaha...that's Mum-01:River-18... ah nuts, he's still ahead of me...

Meg- My MCHN doesn't even go thru those lists, she just sort of observed how she played and asked me if I had any worries, asked bout her speech and did weigh and height. We mainly discussed food cause I was having issues at the time. I wouldn't worry, I don't see how they can just use set things that they should be doing cause kids might not be interested in that type of thing. And not all kids do same thing at same time.
    Glad you had fun at the farm, I want to go to the colloingwood farm at some stage. We just went to Cheltenham DFO cause not far from our place.

Belle- Hope none of you get the chicken pox. Its a worry, how is everything going at the childcare? Any more issues?

Hey girls

Meg- well to be honest i dont even do the checkups, i know im naughty. we havent even done our 18mths needles. I have all 3 o take for needles in a month so will do it then.
    Annika sorta role plays, she will push a dolly round in a pram and wrap her up and rock her, she doesnt talk all that much. Though her fav work in mine atm,

Belle- hope you dont get the pox!!! how annoying that will be.

Jodi- i second what Nelle said, accept all help!!!!!!

Ok now i have one asleep (teleah) One flicking the light switch on and off (annika) and another with the hicups (MJ) better sort them out

Howdy ladies..

Thought id pop in and say heelloooo

Meg.. oh dont worry hun about the check up. I havent taken Jesse to his 18 months one as yet. He is the same with words. He can say words and sounds that i know what he means but no one else would. Like Tay is Ta/Thanks and ehh ehh means i need help, Boh for bottle and bah for banana etc. With roll play.. the best Jesse will do is pick up a phone and pretend to talk on it. Thats it. Blocks.. well, he can put some mega blocks together, but is more interested in cars and trucks than playing with blocks. Like the others have said, they all do things at different times. If he is progressing and you can see he is, then i really wouldnt worry too much. But if it is worrying you, always talk to someone about it, or get a second opinion. Some nurses are set in their ways and dont like to see the other side of the fence.. so always best in those cases to get a second opinion.

Jodi.. wow cant believe how fast your pregnancy has gone! You will be fine hun.. you will manage with 2. At times they may be demanding but you will find a way to get through it.

Chrissy.. how are you doing? Wont be long either!

We have moved Jesse into his new room. Still in his cot through (big bed is in there too). I just dont think hes mentally ready for a big bed yet. So amd going to wait a little while.. and if need be, will put Keira in a travel cot once she grows out of the cradle.
    Pregnancy is going well. So far the little miss is alot more gentle than Jesse! which is nice.

Hope everyone else is well.

Chicken pox? Hoping you all dont get it.Would be most uncomfortable.
    Hi kell! Hope jesse man went ok in his new room!
    Just remember girls the first month is always full of new routines and teething problems.Poor maz was in hospital again with matueaz at that time but it gets easier.Dont closet yourself at home either.Get fresh air and try to go to your older kids routines like playgroup.Other mums get clucky and do help out! Well they did at mine anyway!
    Hows the little liam going chrissy? still not trying to get out?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast