Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #98

hi girls

meg..i never bring my kids to the MCHN, only really in the first 3 months i have, so i would really worry to much, as everyone has said, they all do things at differnt ages..my son never crawled, and now he is a champion cross country runner.

jodi..not long now hun, my advice is stay in hospital for as long as you can (if you can stand it) i had 3 under 3, and i made a point of getting lots of rest in hospital before going home, mind you, with caity i planned on staying there for a few extra nights, but couldnt handle it, only for me to come home with a neborn with my parents here, 4 kids and me and craig, only to have to cook everyone dinner..that pi$$ed me off big time.

kell.. we have the same for caity she is in her new room, but still in the cot, not in the big bed as yet.

beatrix..nice to see you.

nelle..boys never get over there wind it continues throughtout......caity had really bad wind, i sleep her on her tummy of a day time ( so i could watch her) but it went about 6 months.

maz..how you going hun? thinking of you.

belle..i hope you dont get the pox, when jessica first started school, she bought them home, and it went through us all, and nicole was only 3 months old, and i was hospilised.. not nice.

now for me:

nearly thought we were having a baby on sat night, had 6 hours of contractions, that kept me up to 3am, craig woke from his snoring slumber and was bit worried, but then went back to sleep..so luckily they all stopped just after 3am, was just about to ring the hospital.

yesterday saw the OB, and told her, and she just brushed it off, as if i was bull$hitting, then she got me up to exam me, and low and behold i was having a contraction as she was feeling for bubs...that made her eyes light up and finally took me serious..im already measuring 40 weeks..but i will be getting checked at 37 weeks to make sure im ready and an inducement date will be set.......so that means 2 weeks tomorrow..thank f##k

caddie: we posted at the same time, i checked out your shop yesterday......you are very talented
    Last edited by Cougar; April 15th, 2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: caddie

Jodi, you'll be fine chicky I promise! Its alot easier than everyone made it out to be to me. I got more stressed panicking about how I would cope than actually dealing with 2 under 2 and coping just fine. Plus when we go out (which is often) my friends jump all over me to steal Ripley away so I get some free time to eat without having to bounce him on my knee, feed him and have it go cold etc. I would recommend keeping Nina in daycare maybe one day a week during those first few months, it was my lifesaver when I needed a day to sleep. Oh and stuff the housework, Ive only just started doing it again now and Rips is 3.5mths! Cant be too bad because Im nuts to go for 3 under 3 lol Who knows maybe I got lucky with really easy going kids.
    Will Heath be home to help for awhile? Does he care for Nina to let you rest? I get sleep in's every weekend while Ry takes care of BOTH boys (obviously Im not BF so that helps) because I hardly get any rest now Rips is awake longer during the day. Makes a huge difference.

Eh the housing is non existant up there. They said to call them at the start of May with 8wks to go and theyll consider upgrading us to a 4 bedroom but still cant guarantee there'll be any houses. I so dont want to have to rent privately.

Thanks for all of that advice. Has put my mind at ease, that's for sure. Chrissy - 3 under 3, you're a superwoman!!!!!!!!!
    Heath is a huge help, always has been. When I was b/f Nina, he would always go and get her in the wee hours of the morning, change her nappy and bring her into me, then we'd all go back to sleep. We're already into the routine of him bathing Nina and putting her to bed. He's been doing that for a while, as we knew at around that time, I will most likely be attending to Emily. And as for sleep ins on the weekend, ALWAYS get them! I'm a little spoilt. Heath is an early riser, Nina and I aren't. So when Nina does wake in the mornings on the weekend, Heath will attend to her, until she starts demanding to see me
    Nina is in daycare once a week ATM, and we're considering increasing that to 2 days a week once Emily arrives. We're not sure yet.
    My biggest problem though, is asking and accepting help. Never have asked for it, and very rarely accept it when it's offered. So I know I have to snap out of that one soon.

meg - it must be hard with your line of work seeing what you see, and worrying so much about J. I'm another who never takes Nina to the MCHN. I hated seeing them. They always made me worry, even though she was doing fine.

chrissy - **** woman, how scary for you? How are you feeling now? He certainly wants out doesn't he. Thank god you're getting induced, I can see a very quick labour for you.

kel - great to see you, and also great to hear that Jesse is in his new room now. Just wait until you start seeing the signs that he's ready for the big bed, then move him in.

Just a quick hello - There have been some issue with our accom in London (again ) This time the fraud squad is involved.
    WIll explain more when I get home from work.

Sounds like some of you girls are getting close to having babies! (the pregnant ones that is. )

Wow Meg, sounds fun. You're not staying with a little sister are you? Just sounds like the sort of fiasco my little sister would accidentally get caught up in. :P

Mum's taken Riv to playgroup, so I'm back in bed eating cereal while Si snoozes (I hope!) in the lounge. Decided I like putting him in his rocker during the day as opposed to his cradle, cos it sees him bend at the waist a bit more, which I think might help his wind...maybe?

Hope everyone is having a great morning, and hi to our lurkers too!

Gee not much luck there meg!
    Just a note to say that regarding my store anyone that orders anything before may15th goes into a draw to win a mummy brag book! Thanks everyone.

mum3girls Guest

Caddie - Your stuff is so gorgeous!!!!! We have a really talented bunch of girls in here!!! Congratulations on opening the store - I'm sure it will be a huge success!

Eta - couldn't resist, already bought something from you Caddie $$ on way
    Last edited by mum3girls; April 15th, 2008 at 12:44 PM.

God Meg, what is that all about?! Sounds like storyline off TV or something, can't wait to hear all details.

Jodi- Can't help on 2 under 2 but mum had 4 under 5 by the time she was 25 and she managed ok. She said you just do it cause you have to. It can be hard but take each day at a time. I know what you mean bout hating asking for help, I hate feeling like I'm putting people out yet I know they wouldn't mind cause I'd help someone out if they needed. I just don't like people thinking I can't manage or something iykwim.

AnnaT- Hope housing sorts out, if they don't give you what you need would you take a smaller place or rent privately?

Chrissy- Bloody hell! Are you sure he's gonna stay in there another 2 weeks? I have images of you giving birth on side road or doing a Nelle.

Kell- Good to see you again, I was wondering where you were at. You still have bit of time up your sleeve til you'll need the cot for bubs.

Df's birthday today so were going out for dinner with his parents and his brother and family. So I hope Ash decides to sleep (she is playing at the moment) cause we also have mums group this arvo and I don't want any crankiness at dinner or I won't be able to enjoy myself.

Caddie- Can I ask how much postage is to melbourne? I have my eye on 2 things so wanted a rough idea of postage costs. Ok its come up as free postage, hope thats right.
    Last edited by shellbell3; April 15th, 2008 at 12:59 PM.

caddie - it's sold already!!!!!!!!!!! I was too late
    I'll have to keep an eye out for when you have more in stock.

anna - hopefully you won't have to rent privately. If the rent in Townsville is anything like here, it'll cost a fortune!

Well Shell we'd probably rent privately until christmas time (if we can get a 6mth lease) and then hopefully there will be some Army housing because its peak posting period between Nov-Jan. The Army will pay for 3/4 of the rent so no biggie there its just a huge PITA.

Uh oh Jodi, must've been either what I or Shar bought! Sounds like caddie has got her work cut out!

AnnaT- Yeah at least though you can get something decent and the size you need. thats great they cover most of the rent, get a mansion!

mum3girls Guest

Oops! What was it you wanted Jodi??

Belle - Hope you guys don't get the chicken pox or shingles
    Last edited by mum3girls; April 15th, 2008 at 01:18 PM.

right, smacks for you 2 then! It was the nana's brag book. I've already sussed her out about something similar. She certainly does have her work cut out for her.

anna - that's good they're paying the majority then. I certainly wouldn't want to be renting these days, just too expensive.
    Last edited by Visitor7; April 15th, 2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: can't spell

Blame Shar for that one! I bought the frame and the boy photo thingy.

Gotta be quick hey!
    Who's the boy photo thing for, are you planning on a little man one day?

Not for me, friend is due with a little boy on 19th so be great gift to give them.

mum3girls Guest

Sorry hun If you still want it and Caddie can't help you out quickly enough let me know - I'm sure we can work something out (there maybe something that's heading up in the post very soon that I'd be able to slip it into )

Postage is included in the price girls so dont worry!!! And jodes will go and suss your thing out shortly!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast