Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #10

*****!! Turns out that you need to take the pill for a full cycle to be protected. Okay Renee dont freak out....whooosaaaa whoooosaaaa 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 breath!

How can I be sooo stupid!!!

renee- take some deep breaths and think some ppl have unprotected sex for months before concieving or even longer! easy for me to say but try not to stress
    haley - Asha is like that too lots of patting and mummys here needed now lol but she is sick atm too poor thing has the flue and has been running temps on and off yesterday and today so she is super clingy!
    so lonly lol its so boring of a night when Asha has gone to sleep and i am just sitting around lol theres plenty of housework to be done but i cant be [email protected]*#d

It took us 6 months with Rory. And your bodies hormones are all over the joint from pregnancy...right?? RIGHT??

Noni - Rory is asleep too and im just browsing the net....sooo boring. I had to give him some panadole because he was a bit warm and fighting sleep. Does anyone else feel bad about giving bubs panadole? Am I strange?

rennee - ive given ash panadol twice in the last two days n i do feel bad about it but if she has a temp she has a temp! if it tiik u 6mths id just concentrate on that u know ofc it is possible but completely possible nothing will come of it too!!

Haley, Will is the opposite clingy wise, he has been a mummy's boy since birth - it has only been in the last week or so that he has been giving DH good smiles and letting him hold him for a decent amount of time. W has even let DH play with him for an hour in the morning before he wanted breakfast and he cheered up from his grizzlefest yesterday when DH got home (for a while anyway)

Renee, I am sure you are fine. Is that the mini pill that you need to take full cycle? We have opted to use condoms instead of pills, but I am sure they would have more chance of working if we actually used them. I seem to be relying on breastfeeding, withdrawal and good luck to not get knocked up again.

I don't like to give bub panadol but I do on occasion give it to him. After vaccinations the nurse told me it was quite alright to give them a dose every 4 hours for a few days if they need it.

It is 4am in the morning, can't get back to sleep after feeding baby because my DH is snoring and sounds like a lawnmower. I think I will go and sleep in the spare room.

Morning Ladies,

Art- No we didnt really have time for the 4d show. My DH snores too but mainly when he is tired or been drinking and he sounds like a freight train. lol.
    Renee- I too was scared to give the boys panadol at first and it took me till they were teething to start to feel more comfortable to give it to them. Xavier gets a lot of high temps when teething however Jordy was a breeze.
    Noni- I hope you a feeling better today.

morning everyone!
    Renee - which pill are you taking? i am on the mini pill and i must admit i worry a little how effective it is... it took us 12 months with Noah though but i guess it can be diff everytime... are you worried bc AF hasnt come or just bc it takes amonth to be effective?
    Noni - i would call the mat health nurse, she will know where there are groups.. and also your hospital/birthing unit - they will be able to at least tell you where to go... how are you feeling today? have you had a chat to DP about how you feel lonely?
    I havent given Noah panadol yet, but i am guessing that when he has his immunisations this will be needed? tell me , how many days do they need to get over them? i am thinking of trying to get him in on thu but we are flying to melb on sat so do you think this is wise? or shall i wait til i get back?
    Have any of your bubs started to drop feeds? i am hoping this is normal? the last 2 nights Noah has slept from 8.30 - 9ish to 7.30ish no feeds - he used to have 2 or 3 in this time, then dropped to 1 or 2 and now none.. is that ok? he also seems to have dropped 1 or 2 during the day time... ia m thinking he prob takes more at each feed now his tum is bigger and maybe he is growing less fast but i am a bit worried too (as i am sure all us 1st time mums get!!). i know he is def not underweight LOL (he was 6kg at his last weigh in 2 wks ago - 75th percentile) but why has he started to want less feeds suddenly? do you thinki shld wake him for a dream feed? it goes againt my instinct to wake him at all!
    with all your talk about jumperoos etc i am looking into getting a jolly jumper or jumperoo... i am guessing he will be able to use this in about a month? if so i may getit at post xmas sales... i guess i am lucky we dont do xmas so i dont need to get these things now!

Pregpan- Olivia is on 5 feed per day with her last feed being at 8 or 9pm and then she wakes about 4.30 5 am. Re needles tip- give panadola about 1/2hour before needles.
    Re Pill- I have not been on the pill for about 7 years now. We were trying for about 4 years before we did IVF and got the boys but with Olivia I fell straight away after I miscarried. Now we are using Condoms before DH get the big snip. lol.

hey Pregpan! I would say that he is just having more in each feed, so not need to feed as often now, particularly now that he is sleeping longer at night, they are bound to drop a feed or two (I bet your boobs aren't thanking him for that in the morning though ). Don't forget that they become very efficient feeders as they get older too. Plus if he was hungry he would let you know about it I'm sure.

Renee, I usually always wait for a full cycle on the pill to feel completely safe - I am very aware that we don't have any trouble at all falling pg (Lindsay was a nice surprise and the other three were all conceived on the first cycle of trying). Do you think you were at 'that time' in your cycle for it to be a problem? I think you will be pretty right though. I'm really glad that Rory is OK with his needles - just watch out for the natsy poos he might do.

Noni, it doesn't have to be a mothers group, you could find a playgroup near your area. They are for children from birth to 5yo and are a wonderful way to get involved, even if your baby is still small. And remember that you don't have to be full of confience with new people to be able to go and babies are a great ice breaker in new situations - especially with other mums. Asha will also benefit from it too by having social interaction with other babies.

Leanne, maybe you should do one boy at a time

Speaking of birth control, DH has his *appointment* tomorrow with the urologist and hopefully we will know when he can have the snip done. I don't think I will ever feel completely safe until then, actually probably not even then LOL - I am so sure my baby making days are over.

We have a Christmas party tonight for all the babies that were born at Temora Hospital for the year. It is a great night out. All the babies get a small Christmas decoration with their name and the year on it - I still put the ones that the older 3 got on the tree every year.

just a quickie as i have to leave right now for lewis to get his needles at 11.30 ouch!!...but just wanted to let renee know...we had unprotected sex once...yes that's correct...once...and now we have the little man...oooppps!!! lol
    you'll be fine though, i'm sure..just wanted to freak you out a little!! i'm so mean!

Ohh, Gracie, you meanie!! Fingers crossed Renee!

Pregpan - you lucky thing sleeping for that long. DD is still all over the place for her overnight sleeps. If she goes down at 9, she wakes anytime between 2:30 and 5, then again 3 or 4 hours later. So it makes a big difference to me the next day what time she initially wakes up.

DD has changed her daytime habits completely. She seems to be on a 2 hour schedule - feed and play for an hour, sleep for an hour. She wakes up grumpy a few times too. I've tried just playing with her, thinking that she surely can't be hungry yet, but until she has something she is a very unhappy girl. With all those daytime feeds I would have thought she would sleep longer at night, but that hasn't happened!

DD needed panadol the night of her immunisations, but was fine the next day.

Noni - try calling the birth unit about mothers groups, or is there another clinic near you that you don't attend that might have a better nurse to talk to?

Had a panic this morning - changed DD at 4:30 and her nappy felt really light, like she hadn't weeed at all. Had visions of helicopter flights with her up to Canberra, so didn''t go back to sleep. Of course the next nappy was absolutely soaking.

She roller over from her tummy to her back 4 times on the weekend in one go. We were very excited!!

She's awake, back later.

thanks for the advice girls - i wont worry about his feeding then....
    isnt it funny how they do things at such diff times Cally - Noah does not show signs of rolling yet, Katie is waking at nights etc etc = it just shows that they are all different and wonderful in their own ways...

Gracie - you meanie!!!! LOL!
    Sherie - that xmas party sounds fab. enjoy! and no my boobs are NOT happy by the time he wakes in the morning - one squawk from him and i am dashng in there top off ready to ram it in his mouth LOL!

HAPPY HANNUKAH PREGPAN!
    am hoping to teach myself to make latkes this year to celebrate Sash's Jewish heritage (from DH's mum) but might not quit make it! we both know v little and need to learn more as we want her to grow up learning about her background...
    btw i'det him sleep but i have no idea

hey all i called a few ppl this morning and theres two groups in the area..
    one is a young mums group but they said there are girls my age as well and even a baby with the same birthday as Asha.. problem is mums group is finishing this friday because they go by the school terms but they invited me to their christmas party and said santa will be there and Asha will get a present so i figured i would go even though its the last meeting just for something to do... the other one i am waiting for them to call me back about apparantly the lady who organises it is not in till thursday so thats a start i suppose...
    gracie - gl with the needles - wow once lol it only took dp n i around 2n a half months but it was just a matter of getting the fertile times right...
    sherie - i didn't know playgroups were from birth up i might look into it.. seems the problem is things are all breaking up for christmas..
    leanne - is olivia still having farrax? how is she doing?
    pregpan - cant really talk to dp about feeling lonly.. it will just make him feel bad.. i know he is feeling a bit down with working night shift too, this job is so far just until christmas so maybe we will talk about night shift when he comes to looking for something else and i will voice my preferences about it then, but hes not really liking these shifts either he just does it because we need the money..
    arte - dp snores too its awful.. theres no spare bed to go to here lol
    cally - congrats on katie rolling

Noni- Yeah I stopped it for a few weeks and mum gave her some on the weekend but have not given to her since will probally give her some tomorrow, she loves it. I am glad you found a mother group and I hope you enjoy it.
    Cally- Congrat on Katie rolling over Olivia is starting that too. lol.

Noni - hope you enjoy the Christmas party. You don't have to make friends straight away, but it will be good to meet some different people. And I'm sure they will all tell you how gorgeous Asha is!!

K hasn't rolled over since the first time - the next time I put her on her tummy she screamed! We might try again later.

We're using condoms - the way my brain is going there is no way I would remember to take the pill at the same time every day.

Gracie - hope the needles went OK. I had a little tear seeing her so distressed, but she got over it very quickly.

Pregpan - enjoy the extra sleep you get - K slept for 9 hours one night and I had a bad sleep because I kept waking up, expecting to get up. My best sleep was when she slept for 7 hours and woke just as I hopped back into bed after a toilet visit. I also dropped back to sleep very quickly that night.

Does anyone else have trouble getting back to sleep after a night feed? I sit in her room where its dark and feel like I could fall asleep in the chair, but when I hop back into bed I can be awake for another hour! Very frustrating. At least the night feeds are now less than half an hour, not like the hour they used to be.

Aww Noni that sounds great! Oh im excited for you. Makes me want to join a mothers group. Although Ive got my own little mothers group in our street, there are 6 babies all born within 2 months of each other!!! All boys except one. You can imagine what our street is going to be like in 4/5 years time...LOOK OUT!

Queenie - How is litte Sasha? It broke my heart when I read your post about her screaming through her feed. Poor darling.

Sherie - The christmas party sounds fantastic Hope you and the family have a great time!

Cally - Whoa - Katie is so clever rolling from her tummy to her back already! Rory gets stuck half way and just waves his arms and legs around like a slater beatle stuck on its back HAHA
    Pregpan - I wouldnt wake him. If he was hungry he would let you know, loud and clear haha

Where is Jazmum? I miss her! I wanted to ask her a question as Hannah is a tummy sleeping baby too

We want Rory to go to the private school a suburb next to us. Do we really need to get his name down now??

Rory is in such a good mood today He has been laughing all morning and now he is having his late morning nap. Its like he never got his needles yesterday.

quick question everyone- just got back from needles and lewis is really upset. can i give him some panadol or something or not bother? what should i do? i hate seeing him this upset..

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast