Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #10

Renee- I would just ring them up. Some private school you have to book in now but some you dont. The boys are going to private school from grade 5 and we wont have to book them in for a couple of years yet.
    Cally- I have problems getting back to sleep only sometimes.

Gracie- I would give him some panadol. Remember it takes about 1/2 hour to kick in. Then if he needs it give him some more in 4 hours.

ok- i'll have to go up to chemist and buy some children's panadol. is it liquid?

Gracie - I'd give him some panadol if he is still really upset. And lots of cuddles of course!

Ours came with a little syringe so we could squeeze it in like they do the oral vaccine.

oh nooo the flue is starting to hit me hard!!! idk what i will do Ash has it too has had a temp on and off the last few days and dp has it bad and will be at work so i will be looking after sick baby while sick any tips??? have to walk up the street to get formula too poo!!!
    baby panadol comes in a small bottle with a syringe very easy gracie, i had to give it to ash too she didn't cope well with her needles it really helped!!

Wow, so many posts... Just dropped in to see how everyone is going.

I'm soooo sick - I feel terrible, I have been pretty much ignoring Scarlet all day... She's been in bed with me while i've just been sleeping on and off but there's nothing i can do to help it, I keep worrying if i don't play with her she wont develop - I even had a mini nightmare about it.. I don't know whats wrong with me, I've been feeling like i'm dying all day... I never get sick! Doctor tomorrow for sure!

Hope all mummy's and bubby's are well - Back to bed for me.

Hayley xxx

managed to get up to the shops, i bought formula at coles though because the chemist that sells it cheaper was a further walk $5 difference can u believe it??
    on the way home i was lectured by this old lady who was saying that she was from europe and that ppl over here didn't know how to look after their children! she was refering to the fact that she believed the shade/fly screen i had on the pram was inadequate (sp) protection from the sun and that i simply must put a wrap or blanket over the pram (which i have done before in the shops to sheild the light to hope she would go to sleep and she hated it and screamed until i took it off) anyway the point is she was shaded lol and just because she wasnt in the dark this lady was insisting i was going to hurt my child!! i just said thanks but shes fine when the old lady said oh my god and grabbed her heart like i was commiting some horrible act of child abuse gosh it made me mad!!!
    lp - hope u get better soon i am not feeling the best either...

Hi ladies, long time no post, i find it hard keeping up with two different threads! Will try harder.

A Q for you all-Luella is really sleepy today, she was pretty much slept since 7am except if i wake her for a feed. (which i do about every 3-4hrs) She is normally a great sleeper but is awake about 1 in 3 hours. Nothing has changed here. No recent vax. Should i be concerned. Or is she just growing? Has this happened to anyone else?

hi ange and other ladies- hope luella is ok...i'm having very similar issues. i just popped on here to ask whether i should be worried about lewis right now. i didn't bother giving him the panadol cos he seemed to get better, but now he has been asleep all day. he never sleeps this much. should i be worried? i woke him before for a feed but he went straight back to sleep. this is very unlike him.isit just from the needles???

Gracie- i have heard the vax needles can make them sleppy for a day or two..... hope he is ok.

Ange - Rory had a period where he was only awake for an hour to 1/2 hour at a time, then slept for another 2/3 hours.

Gracie - that can be a side effect from the needles, I think a few of the other bubs were very sleepy for a few days afterwards.

AngeA - was she really fussy for the last few days? Could she have just had another growth spurt and is sleeping today to recover from it? I hope she doesn't decide that she wants playtime at 2am for you!!

thanks cally- so i guess i should just try to relax and enjoy the quiet time huh? unfortunately dp is working late tonight though so i'm all alone!

renee- i love the new pic in your ticker, mum and bubs is so cute!

Thanks for replying guys.

Now that you metion it Cally she has been a little fussier than normal the last two days. I thought it was b/c we were out at a wedding all weekend.

Renee- Good to hear i'm not alone, feel better already!

Noni - Thats excellent, definately make sure that you go along to the chrissy party! Isnt it ridiculous how much the cost of formula differs at coles etc and the local chemist. Once I paid $24.00 for a can of S26, but when its on special (like it as at the moment at toys r us for $18.00) I stock up. The flu is horrible. DP is sick atm, so we are keeping well away from home hoping to avoid it.

Renee - Oh no i've got my fingers crossed for you! Not that a baby would be a bad thing, just terrible timing! I've been wondering about the whole private school thing too, and whether I should get Maddie baptised. Ahh!

Gracie - Maddie was fussy and sleepy after her needles. I wouldnt worry about it, just enjoy the peace while you can!

Hayley - Hope you feel better soon. I often have a freak out too about whether I should be playing more with Maddie. I think as long as you have at least one play time together during the day, that should be fine? I also make sure I do tummy time every day, even 5 mins is better than nothing.

AngeA - Maddie has also had strange days where she has just slept and i've freaked out. I think its just a growth spurt, because she was back to her normal self the next day.

Cally - Yep I have trouble getting back to sleep. Maddie usually wakes at 5/6am, this morning it was 4am!! I finally fell asleep around 7am. Feeling tired today. I am a person who really needs 8 hrs plus!

I finally got my photos developed today, just need to buy a couple of baby albums.

Well we are having dramas within the family atm. My SIL (who can be a bit rude at times) is having a baby shower tomorrow night. I am the only one on this side of the family that has been invited. Even our MIL is not invited. She is the grandma for goodness sake!!!! This is SIL being a B**** and doing it on purpose, because she doesnt really like our MIL. I feel sorry for our MIL, she can be full on, trust me I know, but she was so excited about the baby shower. And considering that MIL has kindly bought her a brand spanking new pram & car seat, not to mention bundles of toys and clothing! Anyway is it evil of me to make SIL feel guilty about it tomorrow night!? Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut.

Has anyone else not dtd yet? Having dramas with DP, he says he is too scared as he thinks he will hurt me. I dont know if this is just an excuse though, because shortly after the birth, he 'jokingly' said he wont ever have sex with me again after witnessing child birth. Every night now for the past two wks I have been suggesting it and he always fobs me off. Feeling very unloved. Is it possible for a man's sex drive to drop? We havent done it in MONTHS and I've heard that the less you do it the less you want it. Maybe this has happened to him?

Haley - would a few beers help the situation? DH wouldn't go near me when I was first pregnant but with a few drinks in him he got over the weird pretty quickly lol Sorry your SIL is being a cow, it sucks to be caught in the middle of family problems.

Not much going on today, just stayed at home. I am glad I got a Bumbo, I sat Will in it while I was folding the washing - he laughed a my washing songs and tried to eat a toy. He is also happier at dinner time if he is sitting in it at the table with us, just watching and talking.
    I can't believe it was only 12 weeks ago he was a tiny little floppy worm, now he is getting so big and doing more every day.

Ladies, I'm lying low since disaster hit yesterday in the form of GASTRO - (me). Had to go it alone for 12 hours while DH got himself home from Sydney. Poor E just had to lie there crying for the last couple of hours cos I literally couldn't pick her up by then. Keep your fingers and toes and everything else crossed that the DDs don't get it.

Arte, I wasn't going to post but I saw your post and had to jump on to say - don't use the bumbo anywhere except at ground level - falls are a really common occurance, they were recalled in Aust a few months ago for that reason so the packaging could be updated. Not sure if that's what you're doing but thought it best to mention it for all the ladies who have pre-recall bumbos. xxx

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast