Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #12

Noni, tell your DP someone did a study and they worked out that caring for a baby each day was a full 8 hour job (not including any of the extra housework, etc that you normally do) so ACTUALLY you are working much longer hours than he is. Tell him Marydean said so. You are going to have to be firm and negotiate some extra sleeping time hun or you will get too tired to function and then everyone will suffer. xxx

Renee, I'm am looking forwards to reading your birth story, too tired tonight to give it the full attention it deserves - and I'm sure there's no dramaqueenness about it at all, your birth and your truth is yours to tell however you choose. xxx

Sounds like E has a similar sleeping/waking pattern as Hannah, Jazmum!

OK really just wanted to get on to tell you about a conversation my PILs had today. They were all excited to tell me that there's this breastfeeding cape thingy (it was on ACA on thurs night apparently) that you put around yourself when you're out feeding in public. (Implied that MD CLEARLY should be huddling under a cape when feeding in public )! That went down like a Lead Balloon, I couldn't even think of anything to say so I said nothing at all. I was literally silent in reply. They wanted DH to google it but he moved right along and ignored it completely (yay DH!). I was truly embarrassed actually, we were in my house, I was feeding E at the time, and I kind of felt like I needed to make a justificatory statement like "Actually I believe breastfeeding needs to be more visible in society and that's why I don't hide it" but there was no way of doing that without turning it into a huge conversation and dammit I shouldn't have to justify it anyway! So my eloquent response will be to continue to breastfeed fabulously visibly in public anytime my PILs are around and enjoy watching them SQUIRM! ha!

MD I think you did well to stay silent about covering up durring feeding. I am with you and think it should be more visable. I went to a big shopping centre last week and they have a big open outdoor food court in the middle and everywhere I looked there were women freely BF. I wish Logan had of been hungry as I would have joined them. So far I have only used the parents rooms when I am out.

Arte I am giving Logan a bottle after each BF (although not as much as the CHN suggested ), I have done it once before so I knew he would be ok with a bottle. I am expressing after each feed and desperatley (sp) trying to build up my supply. I have tried giving Logan water too, he doesnt like it and his face cracks me up everytime.

Noni I agree with MD and think you need to sit your DH down and explain how tired you are and that you need to compromise. You will be no good as a wife or mother being as tired and stressed as you are. You are doing a fab job with Asha, always remember that!!

I hope your all having a fab weekend. Not long until Christmas now woo hoo.

Art ~ Do you take W swimming in a chlorinated pool? I wanted to take Scarlet in the other day but i wasn't sure if i could?

Noni ~ Big I hope you've had a sleep and feel better now.

ETA: Missed a page..

MD ~ Completely agree, Also - Can you imagine how hot it would be for a feeding baby under a frigging cape in the middle of summer!.. I saw a woman using one at a cafe not long ago and her bub was wriggling and squirming all over the place so she ended up ripping it off & throwing it in her nappy bag.
    Last edited by LiddlePixie; December 15th, 2007 at 09:54 PM.

lol so its 12:14 and still no sleep we had some of my dads friends who are kinda becoming our friends come over with their bub who was born oct 31st (the one i talked about being in nicu for a while) shes so beautiful and full of smiles and giggles already!! wow her and ash are so different, this little girl is really fair and still looks tiny in comparison tear my little girl is growing up so fast!! it was nice to get together with another couple with a baby and everyone had such a good time we are probably going to have what weve called a "baby new years" lol.. her name is lorelei love the spelling so pretty!!!
    oh and more good news the house we are living in with my dad and his g/f has an extra room at the front of the house which is full of stuff atm and we have just been told after christmas they will clear it out and we can use it!! still figuring out how its all gonna work out atm but more space yay!!! and no need to feel stressed about moving asap things are looking up
    arte - although sleep deprived i am doing much better emotionally than i was... swimming is a good idea hadnt thought of it.. someone told me not to before her needles are finiushed but so many ppl tell u so many diff things i cant keep up!!

hi everyone- i'm sure you're all tucked up in bed,(all except you noni!!! - hope you can get some extra sleep tonight.) great news that you get an extra room. What will you use it for?
    nox - hannah sleeps in her cot. Yesterday and today i have been putting her in the cot awake, and she gets herself to sleep. She slept for 3 hours this morning.
    i'm sorry i can't remember what i've just read. Will have to jump back on in the morning when i can keep my eyes open. It's my birthday tomorrow whoopeee turning 36. bummer

hi all
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZMUM!!!!! I hope you have a beautiful day with your DH and your gorgeous girls.
    gotta be quick, I have managed to get Noah to have a sleep this morning and I need to unpack, tidy the house etc etc while I can. Had an awesome time in Melbourne - so much food and fun and it was like Noah was on tour! he was sooooo good - flights were fine and he was such a good boy with all the moving around, new environment and people... I have lucked out! DH is getting home this evening and I cant wait - must say I have a whole new appreciation for how hard single mums work now!
    Anyway I have had a quick skim of the recent posts - it sounds like we are all going well. Noni I am glad yuo are feeling a bit better - was worried about you last week.
    LP can I just say you are such an inspiration and wonderful person, I am in awe of you and what you are doing for your neices is so special. I hope someone is spoiling you for xmas - you deserve it.
    Hi to everyone else - will try tp keep up with my sept chatterboxes this week!!
    Hope you are all having fab weekends.
    xxx

Happy Birthday JaZmum!

LP, we do go in a chlorinated pool. The baby pool doesn't smell as strongly though and we haven't had any problems.

Noni, glad you are feeling better, hope you got a sleep in this morning. Remember when we could sleep all night and then have a sleep in too? Seems like so long ago. I hadn't heard of needing the full vaccinations before swimming - the pool people didn't mention it so I guess it is o.k?

As far as BF in public goes, if there is a parents room nearby I go to it, but if it is too far to go or if he just wants a couple of minutes of comfort feeding (doesn't like to wake up in strange places) then I just sit on the closest seat. I don't have massive boobs and he attaches quickly so I think I am quite discreet. If the parents room is a side room from the ladies toilets I refuse to use it and sit out on a public bench with DH instead.

Red face another newbee

Hey chickadees
    THought I would join you here. As much as sleep deprivation etc is horrible it is nice to see some people experiencing the same issues as me and able to give each other support and advice. Look forward to chatting with you. I'm trying to survive the heat in the Red Centre while trying to entertain my 3 month old little lady - all fun and games.
    Hope you all have a good week this week.

Jazmum - don't worry hun you're STILL younger than MD! I hope you have a lovely day and get thoroughly spoiled as you truly deserve it! xxx

Welcome Bilby - are you in the Alice or somewhere smaller? I lived in the Territory for nearly 20 years so I hear you on the heat. Love the name Maia - it was right up near the top of our list but in the end the energy of the name didn't match the energy of the baby so we got an Elisabeth instead! LOL

ETA - Noni - soooo happy to hear you have some new friends and also excellent news about the front room! It will make all the difference and you can look forward to spreading Asha's toys out a bit more LOL!

Morning yummy mummy's ~

Firstly..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JaZMUM xxx Hope you have a great day!

Hey Bilby, Welcome to our little family Love the name Maia BTW.

Noni ~ Glad to hear everything's going well for you - Stoked you've met some new friends!

ART ~ Well if it hasn't hurt W i'm going to have a go with S, It might give her more confidence in getting her hair washed. lol.

Pregpan ~ Happy to hear you had a great time away

Well my new family arrived in Qld last night - Was supposed to be Wednesday, then Monday & now they're here already... I'm picking them up from my mum's this afternoon (eek, kinda scared) - I spoke to them on the phone last night and they're so excited, I figure tonight we will have a bit of a chat over dinner and work out some base rules together ie: bedtime, I don't know how it will go down as they've never had rules before so we wont go to overboard - Yet! lol... Then tomorrow will be doctor/dentist & shopping day - going to get them both completely checked out and fix any problems they might have, Mum said they arrived with no luggage at all & what they were wearing smelled really bad, was torn and stained with mildew so she got some of my other nieces clothes from my sister & that's all they have now... Anyway! look at me rambling (i'm excited & nervous, lol) I better go get the house cleaned & put the finishing touches on the rooms.

Hayley xxx

LP - I have just PM'd you - let me know how I can help.

Hi all - super quick post to share the hilarious news that on leaving the bedroom last night to settle S I caught a glimpse of FIL's bare bum as he blundered back into the spare bedroom DH & I were in fits of giggles and couldn't sleep for a while!
    S got grumbly yesterday - the growsuit she was in yesterday morning seemed too small by evening. Incredible. She is too big for 0000 now, and when her brace comes off we have a whole pile of new outfits to try!
    MD - with such magnificent & majestic (.Y.) as yours how COULD you feed OTHER than "fabulously"??? LOL!
    LP I'm afraid I've missed the ref to your new family - are you hosting relatives/fostering? wow, sounds liek you are a superwoman!
    Noni my dear - I completely second MD, tell him Queenie will get mean on him. Sleep is reeeaaaaallly important and unlike his work, the 8-hour day just turns into 24!
    Welcome nox & bilby
    hi to everyone else - have missed you guys, hope all is well

Queenie good to see you online and with a preserved sense of humour too! Sounds like all the FILs will be keeping us entertained throughout Dec with their various antics .

Hi everyone!

Happy Birthday Jaz! I hope you are having a lovely day with the girls and DH. And don't forget that age is just a state of mind

Hi Bilby and welcome! How have the first three months been going for you thus far?

Not much on here today. The weather is very tropical, ie overcast and very muggy, but we have had good rain which was lovely. We got the Christmas tree out yesterday too after much pestering from the kids LOL. And the Christmas shopping is all done too (not sure if I said that already though?). I have another busy week ahead of me - tomorrow is Erin to the dentist, Tuesday is Lindsay's school presentation day and Wednesday is Erin's preschool Christmas party and concert. Luckily there is nothing on for the rest of the week for me or I would go mad LOL.
    LP, I think you will be surprised at how well the girls will respond to having structure to their lives. It doesn't have to be rules and guidelines - that will come once you have the lines of communication sorted out - but just take one day at a time and give plenty of cuddles and you will be right. And remember that there are a few of us here with older kids if you ever need any advice on how to deal with them OK?

*snap* Queenie! How can you ever look FIL in the eye again? Oh, that's right it wasn't his 'eyes' you saw LMAO - that would have been a mixture of hilarity and embarrassment on both parts LOL. How is Miss S been lately? I hope she is starting to settle a little bit for you.

Hi Ladies,

Just a Quick Hello

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZMUM and hope you have a wonderful day...

Well Xavier needs grommets and his adinoids done too. The dr asked me if he snored and I said no he thought I was weird but I know he definatly does not snore. Oh well he goes in to hospital for day surgery on the 5th Feb and Dr Hodge also wants to check Jordans ears too. He told me it is really common for boys rather than girls to get middle ear infections right up too about 7 or 8. He also told me that Xavier now has fluid in the middle ear and should be hard at hearing because of it and his speech should be slow. I did not realise his ears where that bad because he does not show any signs of hearing loss of his speech is above average. And all this was from 2 ear infections. Oh I hope Jordy is ok as he has never had any ear infections. However on the up side my DH hearing has not gotten any worse from 2 years ago so that is a plus and that with all the new techno they are working on that he could possibly be able to have a inner ear implant in the future that will make him hear like before he had the inner ear damage.
    Hi and Welcome to Bilby
    Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day. Sorry for no personals I will catch up later.

well dp stayed up last night to let me have some sleep and ive pretty much caught up and now hes sleeping lol.. its crap because now we cant spend the day together but i needed the sleep and i cant go saying he dosnt need sleep when he just deprived himself to let me catch up lol damn!!
    jazmum we are probably going to move our bedroom into that room at the front of the house and then have what is currently our room (which is joined onto our current lounge room) as a play area/storage room.. it will have all Ashas toys in there and because the rooms are joined i can easily bring them into the lounge room and back again when i want to watch her but we dnt have to have them all in here to trip over iykwim? we will probably have her extra blankets and things we dnt really need stored in there too its going to free it up alot dps a biy unsure actually because of the air conditioner if we move our bedroom it wont be air cond lol but i said to him as long as there is somewhere top escape to when its really hot we will be fine.. we will see lol...
    leanne - my cousin had gromits put in the porr little guy just kept getting the ear infections back and they dnt have private health cover so it took a while for the hospital to say ok u need them i think there was even a minimum number of infections hed have to have before they did anything.. poor thing was losing hearing and speech but is fine now they worked really well
    sherie - well done on the christmas shopping, shopping for ur kids must be so fun (lol and of course a bit stressful)
    welcome bilby
    lol queenie at the inlaw nudity
    lp - those poor girls in their mildew clothes it just breaks my heart!! your such a saint for taking them in yes it will be hard at first but a bit of structure im sure is exactly what they need... poor little things you guys are amazing!!!
    arte - cant remember where i heard it?? we took asha in my mums spa though n it was fine (chlorinated) so no idea lol
    pregpan - glad u had a good trip

LP - I admire you so much taking on the girls. I really hope that it all works out well for everyone. Good luck tomorrow at their check ups and have fun shopping!!

MD - My mum is very 'for' public breasfeeding. She always has comments about babies that are stuck under rugs while they feed. I understand that it works for some, particularly when they are new and still learning or get distracted, but those cloaks just look like more bother than they're worth!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZMUM!!!

DH is still sick. Much more talkative now though which is good. I sit in the middle of the lounge room while he is in bed and we talk that way. His boss told me last night that he could have the whole week off if he needed it, but I know he will want to go and finalise things before the end of the school year.

We just had a quick visit to the Christmas party last night, but they were all pleased to meet K.

Noni - glad you got to catch up on some sleep last night. And good news about getting that extra room.

Cold here today. K has almost grown out of her 00 wondersuits! Might have to pick up some 0's in case we get some more cold days this summer.

Welcome Bilby!!

Leanne - glad that DH is good on the hearing front, shame about Xavier.

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a nice weekend!

Hayley - You are the best! Good luck with looking after your little nieces. In regards to arriving with nothing, thats just terrible, poor things. Have a look at your local good sammies for some clothes for them, I used to be a bit of a snob hehe and wouldnt go to op shops, but sometimes you find the best bargains ever!! Also someone told me not to take a bub under 6 months old to the pool, as the chlorine can flare up allergies like asthma. Dont know how accurate this is, and the mum who told me tends to be a bit paranoid, but thought I'd just tell you so you can check it out and make up your own mind.

Katie - Thanks for the PM. They are cheap grobags arent they! I did see some I like, but I only had a quick look. I am planning on going back shortly to get a couple more.

Marydean - Good on you, why should anyone be embarrassed and needing to cover themselves up (unless they want to) when BFing. I can totally understand that some women feel a bit exposed, and I would so be one of them, but if you are happy with using nothing to cover yourself, then why not!? When we were doing our antenatal classes, the midwife said to everyone dont bother with the capes, they are a waste of time and you dont need them! God the inlaws drive me nuts too.

Noni - I'm glad you had a chance to catch up on your sleep. You need to get as much as you possibly can, otherwise you just cant function. I know its hard though, my DP gives me the guilts at times because he works 60 hrs a wk.

Jazmum - Happy bday, hope you have an excellent day!

Pregpan - I too have a whole new appreciation for single mums, I dont know how they do it alone.

Bilby - Welcome!! Its freezing cold in Perth atm, so i'm envious of your warmer weather.

Queenie - hahaha thats just hillarious! God I'd hate to see my FIL's bare bum!

Sherie - Another busy week! Hope you manage to get a moment to yourself here and there. How is Alister going?

Cally - Poor DH, thats nice of his boss to offer him time off. I hope he gets better soon. Gald you had fun at the work party, even though it was just a quick drop in.

Well last night we went out to DP's work party, it was really nice. Mum babysat for us. Yay!

We went shopping today (dont know why we bothered, absolute madness) Kmart were having a 'buy one kid's outfit get the second at 70% off'. So I got two dresses, an el cheapo and a pooh bear one, thinking that I'd put the el cheapo through first and hopefully get the 70% off the pooh dress, which was more expensive. It didnt work!! So I'm keeping the pooh one for Maddie, and giving the el cheapo (but its very nice) to my friends baby girl, Angelique, for chrissy.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast