Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #13

Wow LP, they are great! You should check out your local TAFEs as they often have really good arts courses that develop your skills, as well as teaching you about jobs in the arts world and (importantly) how to make money from what you do.

Having an eBay bummer, DH let me sleep in this morning and I missed the close of my Bebepod auction...*sigh* really want a bumbo/bebepod but don't want to pay top dollar. How are the ladies going who already have them?
    Last edited by AnyDream; January 1st, 2008 at 02:35 PM.

LP, your paintings are really good

MD, I got my bumbo from the 0-5 market they have in here in Brisbane for a bargain $30. I use it quite often, W likes to be included in everything (LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE!) so he grumbles during dinner if we put him in the bouncer etc but if we have him at the table with us in the Bumbo we actually get to eat together.

Sherie, have you been getting some of this rain? I am wishing all of ours down to your place, I can't go for a walk because it keeps raining.

Ozstar, welcome back. Has Logan settled down again or is he still the devil child?

I have just realised that my cat is feeling left out. She has been fussier than usual, bringing in heaps of lizards, bugs and birds, jumping on the couch for attention which she never does, and then today I found her asleep in the cot. I couldn't believe it, she never jumps on anything except the bed but she got in there. I didn't know she was feeling that abandoned. The dog is coping o.k, she loves Will and gives him kisses all the time but as soon as DH gets home she starts pesting for a walk - she seems to think that DH can have a turn looking after him. She rolled in something dead yesterday at the park which was home to a hoard of fat juicy maggots so I had to wash her in the dark and rain when we got home.

I am now worried about worms, I googled the symptoms and don't have any so I am going to assume we are safe.

Lol sorry Arte, hope I didnt make you worm paranoid. I think we have rid the house of worms now. DP was so horrified he helped me clean (a bit!). Everything has been through a hot wash and out onto the line for drying in the sun! Pain in the butt, literally hehehe.

Oh no Marydean bummer about the bumbo. They look so cute.

Haley, I always worry about worms because of the cat and dog. I worm them regularly and they never have any but you never know. I got really paranoid a couple of years ago and took a wormer but it resulted in the worst farts I have ever smelt in my life. I couldn't even be in the room with me - it was snowing outside but I had to have all the windows open just so I could breathe. I am so glad I took it on my days off and wasn't at work. I am not too keen to repeat the experience lol.

Hi everyone- a great big Happy New Year to you all!!!!
    i managed to stay up and see the new year in. Our little group of people were fizzling out, and then dh saved the day with his laptop of songs. We played a game of 'name that tune'!! Queenie, you were mentioned when 'Wang Chung' came on. lol.
    Little Hannah loves her porta cot - cause i found a padded fitted sheet. she's so comfy in it. has been having big morning sleeps. she has learnt a new game - pulls herself up to sitting up and forward when she is in her swing. she just won't lay back anymore. i'm worried that she is going to tip the swing over!!
    the weather here at the beach is pretty dismal, but i'm relaxing anyway. there are three other kids in the complex, so the girls are having a ball.
    lp - those paintings are amazing! you must have so much patience to be able to do those.
    sorry for no personals. dh is waiting to play his 'shoot-em up' games.
    md - can you believe that we've chatting for over a year!!
    talk to you lovely ladies tomorrow. have a great night.

JaZmum, I am glad that Hannah is nice and settled for you and liking the portacot, hope your holiday is lots of fun.

I am excited this morning - Will can roll! For the last few days he has been doing it while I am on the bed with him but since I make a bit of a down hill slope I didn't count it but this morning he did it while I was sitting well away from him. He did it about 5-6 times in a row, but he gets stuck on his tummy and I have to roll him back onto his back lol

hi all!! quiet in here today!!!
    well i finally went back to ww (couldnt really afford it in the lead up to chrissi) and i have only put on 0.4!!! thought it would be much worse than that so thats encouraging...
    house is an absolute pigsty!!! trying to clean it up but asha just decided shes had enough of her jumperoo then enough of her playgym lol poor thing is so tired so i have her in the bouncer at my feet bouncing away little fists clenched lol hopefully she will go to sleep and i can finish everything.. gosh over christmas this place has just got worse and worse.. we had a friend stay a few days too and that didn't help theres still christmas presents with no where to go lol and today ive been doing my best to start taking all the decorations down lol... our bedroom is the worst crap everywhere lol pile of clothes as tall as me almost that hasnt been put away lol why oh why did i let it get this bad i will now be cleaning all day long (well as much as asha will let me haha)
    arte - well done will!!! i dnt know if asha will roll anytime soon lol she did it a few times by fluke but hasnt since and she dosnt really enjoy being on the floor anymore not sure what it is..
    jazmum - glad ur holiday is going well and hannah is enjoying the porta cot
    haley - sounds like u have the worms under controll!! dnt feel bad we are currently contending with grass fleas eeeeeekkk yuk i feel so disgusting just thinking about it!! we have them mostly under controll now too but its not easy with those sneaky little buggers!!
    md - bummer about the bumbo i really want one too and asha has all this money lol idk if i said she got given 1000 from dps grandfather.. but i just keep umming and ahhing about it lol
    lp - thos paintings are really good!!! wish i could do something artistic lol i always felt i had the vision but not the talent to express it haha lame i know
    anyways hello to anyone i missed!! best be off ash has fallen back to sleep and the washing is about to be finished so i better get ready to hang it out!!!

Wow its so quiet in here today.

Noni good luck getting all your cleaning done and wow to Asha get $1000 thats awesome. Do you have a savings account for her? We opened onr for Logan when he was born and myself and my mum put money each week.

Arte woo hoo on Will rolling, I am trying to encourage Logan to do it but he has yet to seem interested. Has he started to roll when you try and change his nappy now?

Jazmum good to hear your holiday is going well despite the rain. I cant believe I left sunny Sydney and came back to this non stop rain. It has been nice though spending the days watching movies with DH and the grass is so long and green already.

Hayley good to hear the worms are under control. I remember we used to get them when we were kids.

MD I went into Toys R Us and they had a bumbo out of the box, I put Logan in it and his fat little legs were so squished lol so I dont think I will get one now. There seems to always be a few on Ebay so hopefully you pick up a bargin.

LP your pictures are amazing, I wish I could paint.

My little man seems to have settled down again and is starting to get in to a nice routine. He is 4 months old today, how time fly's! We are off to have his needles done tomorrow, so not looking forward to that.

It is quiet in here today, I think we are all recovering from christmas and new yrs!!

Noni - My home is a pig sty at the moment too, wish I had a cleaner! Wow $1000 lucky Asha! Maybe you can put it away for her schooling.

Arte - I was convinced that we had contracted worms from our cat, but DP seems to think the worms they get are not the same that humans get? Far out maybe I should check this out, Billy (cat) is in need of a worming actually. Wow go Will!! Cant wait for Maddie to start rolling.

Katie - I tried Maddie in a bumbo at toys r us and she didnt like it. I think its because she was just tired though. Is Logan a little chubby bubby? Maddie is huge, I get comments about it every where I go and people cant believe she is only 3 months. I had a little stress about it, until mum brought out my chubby bubby pics, I was a little monster too. As was DP.

Jazmum - Glad your holiday is going well for you.

I'm watching Madeline on her play gym. I cant believe how far she has come in the last 2 weeks, she goes beserk kicking at her toys and is starting to reach for them and sometimes trys to pick them up. If I clasp her fingers around something she will hold onto it and put it into her mouth. She is growing every day and DP and I still cant believe how lucky we are! Anyway better quit it now before I get all emotional lol.

OMG it's hot here today!

Hayley, you can get worms from cats and dogs - pretty gross hey? I always make the kids wash their hands after playing with the dog and extra good if it is a strange dog, not everyone might be as regular with their pet worming as we are. It's amazing how quickly they can develop - it's something I am always in awe over.

Marydean, did you manage to get the Bratz hair crimper/curler thing for H for Christmas? I saw one in my local Harvey Norman today and they look great - something I would definately get for Erin when she's older.

Katie, I'm glad Logan has settled down for you now and is a bit more predictable. I'm not fussed about the bumbo, just one more thing to clutter my house ATM LOL. I would be in a constant state of worry that one of the other kids would accidentally tip him out of it.

Arte, go Will GO! it's funny to see them roll for the first time, often they have no idea what they have just done and they look so surprised LOL.

Noni, never do today what you can put off until tomorrow is my motto LOL. You did well with only a .4 gain too - wont take you long to lose that little bit.

Jaz, having those other kids in the complex would be a godsend in the bad weather. That's what I love about having so many kids - they will be able to keep each other company on holidays LOL. So are you enjoying the break away? Hannah is going great guns too!

Things are just the same-old same-old here, except now its HOT. I hate the heat, I really do. I have been sleeping under the air con in the loungeroom the past few nights till I cool down enough to go to my bed. We have air con in there, but it's a reverse cycle wall unit and it's really noisy and I can't hear the other kids through the night with it on. I posted some new pics in my BB Album too.

Thanks ladies, by the sounds of it I should take E to the shops and try her in the bumbo before we commit. The one I missed was actually a bebepod and apparently they have a bit more room in them...? Cally didn't you get a bebepod? How's that going?

Arte - Go Will you Bay City Roller you! Woohoo! E is getting so close, she pushes off as if to roll but gets onto her side and goes no further LOL. I missed the last two baby & child markets (one in hospy, another we were away), a pity since before that I didn't know about bumbos. She's ready for it now and I don't really want to wait, I want a bargain NOW!

Jazmum, yep it's pretty amazing, what a year it's been (and where would I be without you all!?). Though I'm the first to admit breathing a sigh of relief that 2007 is over. It was the same when DD1 was born - big year all round. Now we can get on with everyday life again!

Noni, LOL at the mess, bit like that at my house, esp in H's bedroom! Wow at getting money, quick spend it! LOL only joking, save it for a rainy day, when there's something you really really want to get for her! Well done on minimal gain over Xmas, I'm dreading the Jan weigh in as I went hog wild for a week or so there !

Katie, wow four months already! Hope the needles go ok.

Well Squeaky has a new trick of getting up to play for a couple of hours in the middle of the night (!!!) you can imagine how pleased we all are with that - not! Ok, gotta go, she's squeaking!

Special shout out to Pregpan and Queenie - missing you guys!

lol its picked up a little now..
    re the money asha has two accounts lol one my grandad puts money in each month for her and one term deposit that currently has 1000 for her schooling.. we spent a little of it to stock up on formula and nappies etc but most of it will be put away unless theres something we desperately need.. thinking of buying a food processor coz i will need something good in a few mths coz i wanna make ashas food...
    md - i went pretty crazy at christmas too i was surprised it was only .4 i was expecting alot more..
    sherie - its really hot here too i dnt cope well with this weather and neither does ash or dp i suspect we will be off to the pools sometime soon...
    haley - its amazing how quick they are advancing now huh!! Asha is the same!! i cant believe how time is flying by!!
    katie - good luck with the needles!! glad logans settling into a routine for you

Yep Sherie, got the CHD (Crispy Hair DisasterLOL) Bratz thingy, ended up going to Myer and telling them the price Big W had them for. I think I got a bargain though cos I think the Myer one was a bigger better version than the Big W one! Used it on NYE though not properly as we were in a hurry and it took quite a long time to heat up.

I hate the heat too! Lucky it hasn't been too bad here so far this year. We bought a shade cloth awning thing to put over E's bedroom window, not that she sleeps in there yet but it's a bakehouse when we're changing nappies etc. First thing we'll do when we move back to our house in Adel is put ducted evap aircon in! That's not a threat, that's a promise LOL!

PS love the photo of A in the wrapping paper!

Sherie, it was stinking hot here today as well. Its going to be hot again tomorrow, 40 degrees I think I heard them say on the news.

Marydean - For the price you pay with the bumbos definately go try it out first.

Ok I know I said earlier that Maddie being a chubby bubby doesnt bother me, but I just read something on the net about over feeding babies. Maddie is still taking 6 180ml bottles a day. The last one of the day is around 9/10 when I dream feed her. I've tried cutting out the dream feed but she wakes around 3/4am instead of 5/6am. Am I over feeding her? She is slightly over weight according to the scale that the CHN provides. She is a big girl lol.

Happy New Year everyone!
    we've arrived safely home from Sydney. had a great time, although i do have to say that it is kind of hard staying at someone else's house with a baby..also (please don't be offended all you Sydney ladies) but i really don't enjoy the weather up there too much. it is just so bl**dy humid! i had real trouble sleeping. it was lovely to come back to melb and sleep in our own bed. i had the best sleep i'd had in ages last night. had a great time up there though. took lewis out boating a lot and even took him for a few dips in the water. he loved it!
    hope everyone had a wonderful new years and xmas. we had the quietest one in years but i loved it. i am so over the top 'in love' with dp at the moment. i think it's the whole feeling like a real 'family' thing now that we have lewis. i am all over him like a rash. i'm really hoping that i get an engagement ring soon. i have dropped so many hints!!!
    have been quite down and out about my weight the last few weeks. it's hard when dp's mates girlfriends all seem to be size 6-8s and hang around in bikinis all day (none of them have kids lol). does anyone know how much weight you can safely lose a week while breastfeeding? i really don't want to affect my supply as i love bfing so much. i'm going to join in the weight loss challenge on bb. is anyone else joining it?

well, must go now. will hopefully have time for some personals tomorrow

lp- your paintings are absolutely amazing. i'm very impressed with your talent!

bye all..

hey again lol just went crazy uploading pics to the gallery some real cute ones!!!!
    gracie - not affended by the weather comment i am not enjoying it either!!!
    haley - its not overfeeding if shes hungry in my opinion (though i am not any expert) some kids are just bigger than others.. if ur really worried maybe ask ur gp?
    md - lol crispy hair disaster!! well done at getting the better version cheaper!!!

hey noni- just checked out your pics. asha is absolutely gorgeous. i love the chrissy decos one lol! your dp has lovely hair too!
    i remember a while ago you posted that asha was getting teeth. how is that all going? i've noticed that lewis has a liitle white spot that looks like a tooth and he's been drooling heaps and always puts his hand in his mouth....

shes very on and off with her teeth.. there is still the one definate one and a few that might be something.. the last few days shes been ok.. lots of dribble and hand chewing but not so much screaming...
    lol i wish i could tell dp u said his hair was lovely but hed probably be mad if he knew i posted that pic of him lol.. he likes his hair but sometimes he gets so annoyed with it and wants to cut it but i dnt let him haha hes always telling ppl who give him crap about his hair (as guys love to crap on eachother lol) about how i wont let him cut it lol

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast