Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #13

about your goals not fitting anymore MD - mine don't either, and neither do my pants
    You're a crackup, Q! Re the screaming, are you adjusting the Zantac dose for her weight? Or might it just be tiredness and overstimulation after all the Christmas madness (bit of that at my house right now -tiredness not madness I hope LOL).

LP well done at pre-pg jean wearing! Do you have something specific you are going to retrain in or are you still canvassing options?

My poor cat has a broken tail - A dog chased her through the cat flap & because she ran through it so quickly it slammed on her tail... There are no vets open in the area today so i don't know what to do I've bandaged it up & she seems okay, just not very happy!

MD ~ I have no idea what i want to do, Trying to find something that i'll fully apply myself to is very hard... I was thinking children's services or something of that nature, in the mean time i'm going to sell my paintings - I have a bunch of them hanging in the guest room (I wasn't proud enough to hang them in public view *lol*), someone noticed them at christmas & everyone started asking how much they could buy them for, I love painting, I can do it at home & It'll bring in some extra cash until i get my plans sorted.

LP - ouchy on the broken tail, the poor little thing. And well done on the pre-preg jeans. I tried my size 10's on the other day and they went over my bum but my tummy overhangs at the front. The eclairs were very easy to make.

Had a good bbq last night for DH's birthday. K was overtired when everyone got there, we tried to put her down a couple of times for afternoon naps but she wasn't interested. Anyway she fell asleep during her last feed so that was easy - unfortunately she woke crying after 40 minutes. SIL and MIL were both offering advice 'oh she's got a sore tummy poor thing'. No she was just overtired!! SIL kept sticking her head in the nursery while DH was trying to resettle her. That wasn't helping!! MIL did the washing up though while she was crying so can't complain too much!!

Will be a quiet night here. Planning a very early night for me. Next door neighbours are planning a street party and cricket, so I might sleep in the spare room out the back.

Art - wow on the 14 minute night feed!! So fast. A little bit longer here, but we also have to do a nappy change. She went through a stage where she wasn't wetting overnight, but she is making up for it now!! Nappies are soaked after 3 hours.

MD - K settle quickly after her night feeds. I was quite used to the once a night feeds for the 6 weeks she did them, it's just taking me a while to get used to the fact that we're back to 2 feeds (but I think I'm going to have to) - went back to bed this morning until 11:45! Thank god for DH!

Fianne - Nothing comes out the second side unless it has been ages since she last fed (ie 6 hours). So not at all a sign that your supply is low.

Heading up to Canberra tomorrow for a week to see my family. K is likely to be spoilt while we are up there, but I am sure she will soak it up! So better go and do some packing, gosh they need a lot of stuff!!

LP - poor little puss! Make sure you do take her to the vet sometime over the next couple of days, my former wonderdog Beags was prone to tail problems and when it swells up it can affect their nerves in their backs, making them quite sick. Sorry not what you wanted to hear. The painting sounds excellent, will you branch out into eBay land?

Cally, enjoy your packing (LOL at extra stuff!) and your early night. I'll be required to stay up late for the ILs but that's no biggie after all the stupidly late nights I pulled in Dec, sewing! Hoping for a sleep in or a nap tmrw though!

hi everyone! thanks for all the feeding info. i guess i just wanted to see what "routine" actual breastfeeding mums whose babies are the same age (ergo same appetite supposedly) as max. it's sort of hard to rely on experts when they aren't going through it at the same stage as i am...or i should say, as max is.
    cally, enjoy canberra and time w/ family. we're loving having time with nana at the moment. this perth trip has been a real holiday for me.
    will be going to a friend's for new year's tonight. nothing big. just that today/tonight is the best time to catch up before we head back to brisbane on wednesday. they've got a little one who's 8 months old so it's really good going to a house w/c is equipped for her.
    probably not getting back online today so, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!

Hi All,

Fianne- Glad you a having a wonderful holiday.
    LP- Sorry about you cat. Hey I love paintings and have been wanting to buy some for our house as I dont have the time to paint. What type do you paint?
    Oh no Jordy just found me and said to say hi. Well I better go I am making Potato bake for our BBQ tonight.

Have a great night

Gosh it's been absolutely forever since I posted in here LOL.

Well the whirlwind that was Christmas came and went in a flurry of tinsel and brightly coloured wrapping paper. The kids were thoroughly spoilt, but *santa* was a bit scroogy here - we went for quality this year and not quantity as by this time last year I was already throwing out the remnants of broken cheap-ass toys. The IL's god bless them always buy a lot for the kids, but not always the best quality, so it never lasts long. This year they did a lot better and brought some pretty cool stuff for the kids (not that they always brought the wrong toys, just cheap ones).

So now I have to deal with the kids all at home for the next 4 weeks and by golly I am looking forward to Erin starting school LOL. She will do my head in that child (I love her, I really do, but she knows how to push my buttons thats for sure ) She's not bad, but very high maintenance.

Alister is just gorgeous. he thinks he is so funny now when he rolls around all over the place, but now we get the 'help me I'm stuck' cries LOL. he's also going through a lot of cranky phases, which I think it just developmental as he is in that terrible age of being just mobile enough to get frustrated at not being more mobile kwim? Erin was exactly the same and didn't let up until she started crawling (which thankfully was at 4.5mths so the grizzling stopped, but terrible because she grew up way to fast then). So I think Alister is following her trend for that. he's not like it all the time, but he has moments when it just seems like he wants to be more active. he is starting to develop good hand-eye coordination too now and can reach out for specific things when you hold it in front of him.

We still aren't in the crawler nappies yet - he's too lean for them, but the infants are looking small now. Hopefully it wont be much longer, but we aren't having problems with leaking though.

LP, congrats on fitting back in your pants. I could fit back into mine after about 6 weeks but mine are waaaaaaaay more accommodating than yours lol Hope your little kitty is o.k.

Cally, hope you get a good night sleep and K starts the year with a full nights sleep (or only one wake up)

Sherie, good to 'see' you. Alister must be a lean and tall fellow. Wish I had some of those genes lol.

Fianne, have a good night at your friends house, must be good to visit baby friendly places.

Will just slept for 3.5 hours. That is the longest day nap he has ever had by far. He has just woken from it so I had better go feed him.

Hi Arte! That's a huge effort from Will. Do you think you'll have a problem with him sleeping tonight, or will it not worry him?

Alister is really lean looking because he's quite long. He's not a hugely chubby baby as it's spread out over his length. I brought a new bonds wondersuit the other day in a 0 (which isn't saying much because they are a smaller fit anyway) and it fits him OK now. I also brought one of those new bonds easysuits (which I absolutely love!) in a 0 because I needed some warmer clothes with all the cool nights we'd been having and got the 0 so it would last for a while, but he fits it perfectly now. Trouble is that I need 00 pants for the length but the waists are all too big.

hey all just popped on to say happy new year to everyone!! hope its a beautiful and safe year for our bubs and our families

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF MY BEAUTIFUL BABY BUDDIES AND YOUR FAMILIES.
    I hope that 2008 is everything you hope and more.
    I cant belie how awesome this year has been and how lucky we are to have such beautiful and healthy babies.

Oh my gosh its almost 2008, woo hoo! 2007 has just flown by. Happy new year to you all, I hope 2008 is a great year for you.

Well we aint doing anything tonight for new yrs as you can see (apart from watching sex and the city, thank god DP likes it too lol)! Just having a quiet one at home and more than likely we'll be asleep by the time 12.00 rolls around!

Well it seems we are going through a rough patch atm. This is a tad embarrassing, but it seems I have picked up threadworm along the line and I've just spent the day washing, washing and washing. The house is spotless. Maddie doesnt seem to have it (i'm paranoid and keep checking) so I have treated myself and got DP to take a tablet too even though he doesnt have it. Does anyone know how bad it can be for a baby this young to contract threadworms? Grr I'm so angry I dont know where I could have picked it up from, but I've been reading about it on the net and it seems that it is very easy to catch.

Hayley - Well done on the jeans. I'm the same, they fit but are VERY snug. Poor kitty cat!!

Cally - Oh no dont you just wish people would butt out at times!?

Leemar - Awww Hi Jordy, hope you are being a good little boy for mummy!

Sherie - Sounds like Alister is coming along in leaps and bounds. Good on him.

Fianne - Hope you had a nice time out for new yrs.

Hayley, you could have got it from anywhere. the eggs are microscopic and it is so easily passed from one person to another - if you have touched someone who has them who didn't wash their hands properly after going to the loo you could have gotten it. Don't be embarrassed though, everyone gets them at some stage. Paige had a run of them when she was 2 and imagine the nightmare that was for me LOL - and the rest of us never had them either, but you have to do the lot. Cut your fingernails as short as you can too - the eggs can live under the fingernail.

it's pretty surreal being in a new year - last year I had a baby. The year before that I got pg - it seems like years ago kwim? And this year our babies will be 1!!!! God its making me feel so old LOL.

Hey Everyone ~

Scarlet is moving around so much, Yesterday she was on her playmat, DF and i were in the kitchen & when we came back she had wiggled & rolled about 2m away from her mat... She thought she was very clever!

I ended up taking the girls to see the fireworks at the beach last night while DF looked after S... Spent over an hour trying to convince them they didn't want to go swimming in the dark! lol They loved it though. The rain only stopped just long enough for them to do it, I'm so over it - it's been raining here for ages. we had a blackout the other day & now my dryer wont work so i have a tower of dirty laundry.

MD ~ Thanks, I will take her too the vet as soon as i can - This is the second time she's broken her tail. When she was a kitten she had a thing for power cords & a lamp fell on her... She doesn't like playing with cords anymore, lol. Going to ebay land is a good idea, I might check out the competition first

fianne ~ Did you have a good night last night? I'm glad you're enjoying your time away.

Leemar ~ I guess i'd have to say i do alot of abstract painting, but it vaires depending on my mood really - I've started doing all the popular kind of stuff that they sell in stores as prints too just to see how it works out. I'll take some photos & post in my gallery

Sherie ~ It sounds like Alister is doing great! happy to hear things have settled down for you now.

Hayley ~ If you still feel like cleaning please feel free to come on over lol I just *wormed* everyone here too, as a pre-caution with the girls really... It's nothing to be embarrassed about, you can get them from anywhere.

Have a great day everyone!

Posted a couple of pics of paintings, The third one isn't finished yet.

Oh my gosh Hayley you have talent! Those paintings are great!

Thanks! I want to do a portrait of Scarlet but i'm not so good at people, will have to see how i go.

Happy New Year!!!

Hoping 2008 is a wonderful year for everyone!

Hayley, don't be embarrassed about the wormies, it's a fact of life! They showed them on Oprah one time and you should have seen the horrified faces in the audience (most of whom had no idea about them) LOL. We're actually pretty lucky, in other countries there are a lot more wormies than just threadies - DH has to take these HUGE pills - three different sorts - when he gets home from his trips. I'm like Eeeew you have to take them before you get into bed with me in case any come wriggling out in the night and crawl across the sheets in my direction LOL. I routinely worm the family a few times a year when we worm the cat and dog - always have cos that's what my mum did. Makes you want to scrub under your fingernails just thinking about it hehe.

Sherie, good to hear from you again! You''ll have to concentrate on A's ball skills early on, sounds like he'll be the star of your local basketball team! E is longish too but much chubbier LOL. I have the opposite problem, we need 00s for the waist but they're too long. My baby panda LOL. We managed to bypass most of the junky toys this year too, might get to have a sureptitious cleanout in a couple of weeks when DD1 goes to FDC for a day!

Hi everyone else! xxx

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast