Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #14

LP- My mum said mine was Dadda, The boys were Dadda too. Funny really you wait for so long to hear those special words of mumma and dadda and then later on they dont stop saying it and it completely drives you mad sometimes. lol... Xavier is the one that will say mum about 50 times in a row and then finally when I have said what is it about 20 times he realises he has forgotten what he wanted in the first place.

Any way Hello to everyone and have a fab day

I've no idea what mine was, but DD1's was "mmmumumumumum!" I took that for a Mum first not a dadda! LOL

LOL Leanne at saying Mum fifty times then forgetting what they wanted to say - DD *still* does it (sometimes). Drives me nuts. I'm forever saying "just tell me what you want"~!

LP thats too cute, my first word was Dadda and my DH's was mumma (he was always such a mummy's boy lol).

Noni how did your friend go?

Leanne lol at Xavier forgetting what he had to say, must get annoying. Its like everything though, you cant wait for them to roll over then they do it when your changing nappies, cant wait for them to walk then your forever chasing them around and wishing they would sit in their pram. Lol the joys of being a parent- its all worht it though.

Well I have only been up for half an hour, I havent slept till this late for I dont know how long. I went to bed at 10.30 Logan woke at 12, went back to bed at 1 after feeding him then he woke at 2am wanting to play. I went back to bed at 3.30 then he woke at 5. In the end I put him in bed with me , fed him at 6.30 and cuddled him to sleep . So he has now had a big 2 and a half hour sleep as he only just woke up. I dont think any of that makes sense lol. I took him for his needle yesterday and just went to my GP's office to do it....never again. The nurse wasnt real gentle and he screamed his heart out and now he has a bruise the size of a 10cent coin there.

Have a great day everyone. I will jump back on later when my eyes adjust and I can read what everyone wrote lmao.

My first word was my own name. My brothers was 'biccie' (biscuit). I am not sure when they are 'supposed' to start talking - I thought they started around 6-8 months (but don't really know lol). Mum is always bragging about how I was talking in sentences by 1 - obviously not grammatically correct but could string together 3-4 words - and haven't shut up since.

That is really exciting if it is her first word, I can't wait.

I had my worst night ever last night. Will woke up 4 times between 8.30 and 12.30. Then I took him in bed with me and he was thrashing around all night. I didn't get a wink of sleep. He was tossing his head from side to side, kicking his legs in the air, flapping his arms around. He seemed to be lightly asleep, just really fidgety . I have no idea why, he normally doesn't move at all while he sleeps.

ETA - Sounds like there were a few rough nights happening in SEQ last night.
    Last edited by Artechim; January 9th, 2008 at 09:40 AM.

I hope all our Tired mummys get some sleep tonight. As for me Olivia slept all night and I woke to her talking in her cot at 6am this morning it been the first time in about a week she has done that. I feel great for it too. If only she would do that every night. But She is getting Needles tomorrow so that will be a different story.

Katie- I hope Logans bruise gets better. Poor little thing.

lol Leemar, the big girls here do that too... more with DF when he's busy or concentrating on something - "shannon, shan, excuse me uncle shan, shanny, shaaaaannon"... then they completely forget what was so important.
    I hope the needles go well tomorrow... I'm dreading our next round.

Art ~ the restless nights may be because of the random weather, It was so hot here last night... now it's raining... again.

Katie ~ Hoping Logans bruise gets better quickly - some nurses are so careless with needles, I remember seeing a girl have one snapped off in her arm when i was a kid, It was in one of those vans that come around to the schools, I was horrified.
    My GP does Scarlet's needles herself, The surgery doesn't have a nurse but my doctor is awesome... She's really gentle then she cuddles her for a good 15 minutes to say sorry before she will even give her back to me! lol.

I remember seeing a girl ....etc
    OMG I am HORRIFIED, quick LP edit that out before one of our needlephobic ladies reads it!!!

Sounds like the big girls are really settling in at your place - has the behaviour been an issue (as expected) or are they just thriving amidst all the love and attention? Have they had their ears seen yet?

Leanne - wow at that night's sleep - that's great. E had a night where she slept from 11 right through to 6.30 - hardly knew myself the next morning LOL

katie, I agree, don't take him back there again! E's 1st one really hurt last time but no bruising or anything afterwards.

Arte - LOL at biccie! He certainly knew his priorities!

I wonder how Pregpan and Noah are going?

MD I was just wondering how Pregpan was doing too. Hopefully everyone who hasnt been on in a while is enjoying a nice holiday or something.

Hayley hows work been? How did Maddie go at daycare?

LP thats a scary story. My DH hates needles so I had better no tell him about that lol.

Leanne lucky you getting such a great sleep. I think Logan used to sleep better though the night as a newborn, bring back those days I say lol.

Arte there must be something in the QLD air, lets hope we all get a better nights sleep tonight.

I was just thinking this morning how close we are to the 6 month old mark. I cant beleive how quickly time is flying by. Soon he will be trying solids and crawling, I dont even want to think about teething. Its so exciting yet sort of sad too.

hi all my friend had a baby boy at 9am this morning.. after i wrote she was going to the hospital she decided not to lol decided he wasnt coming yet then her waters broke in her bed at quatre to 12 lol so he had other ideas!! dnt know much about it except that she said labour is horrible and painful lol she sent me a pic sooo georgeous!!! they are both doing well as far as i know so thats the main thing!!! i just sent them some chocolates and a little blue plush dog and that book where is the green sheep lol.. the chocolates are probably going to be melted when they get them haha oh well..
    went to ww today and despite my pig out on shortbread biscuits last night i lost 1.5kg!!!!! yay for me lol
    md - lol now i am wondering whats been said!!! ive been wondering about a few ppl missing from the thread hope they are just busy!!
    lp - our gp does Ashas needles too.. hes the only one i trust! wow first words already.. sometimes asha will "talk" to us lol if we ask her things or talk to her she starts cooing back but weve never got anything that resembles a word wow!!! except when she cries and sometimes it sounds like mum lol i know thats a coincidence though haha...
    leanne - well done olivia sleeping through the night!!! gl with the needles
    lol arte @ your first word being your own name i am surprised u dnt hear about that more often really since its said so much to them!! i think Ashas first words will be "shutup jeordie" our dog lol
    katie - Asha screamed too but no bruise!! hope you find someone nicer next time round!

Oh no I've missed so much! I've quickly scimmed through everyone's posts. Wow so much has been happening...sounds like alot of us have been having sleepless nights lately. I'm home alone today, DP is in Brisbane at a car auction.

So Madeline has done her first two days at childcare. It was so hard for me, as I left home with her on Monday morning I was saying to myself dont cry its ok she will be fine, basically giving myself a little pep talk. Well I walked into the babies room and turned into a big blubbering mess "its m m madeline's 1st day wahhhh" lol they must have thought I was nuts. The girls were very nice though and I'm sure they see crying mums all the time. And the first day I called 4 times! They did tell me to call as much as I wanted. The second day I only called once. She was fine when I went to pick her up, they do so much fun stuff with them, only thing that upset me was on Tues when I picked her up I said "hello baby girl" like usual and she dropped her lip and cried, like I was a stranger The hardest part for me is I have the guilts something chronic and I miss her like crazy. Apart from that, I really enjoyed being at work, having adult conversation. Hopefully after a few weeks I'll be feeling better about it. If not DP has already said to me if it upsets you so much (had a stress out on Sunday night), its not worth it. We'll just wait and see how it goes.

Only thing that worries me about day care - She has already lost two avent bottles, one avent teat and a couple of lids. They arent cheap!!! I've labelled them all with the label maker so hopefully they are floating around there somewhere. Also they seem to rinse the bottles with either bleach (surely not!?) or the water has sooo much chlorine in it? Surely they wouldnt be rinsing them with bleach? I've cleaned and steralised them twice and the smell is still there. And this is petty...she pooped herself all up her back and they changed her obviously, but she has never done that with me, so I'm thinking her nappy was on incorrectly. Lol petty I know but it upset me! Oh and another thing...they feed her whenever she cries even if she isnt hungry. She never has anymore than 6 bottles a day, but both days at childcare she had 9!

Anyway enough of my childcare rant...

Noni - Oh how nice for your friend..baby boys are cuties. Do you know what she called him? Reminds me..my SIL is due very soon too!

Katie - I cant believe how fast time flys with babies as well. Maddie is almost 4 months!! Oh no thats a shame that the nurse wasnt gentle with poor Logan.

Hayley - My first word was 'moon' and 'scissors' apparently 'mum' and 'dad' werent far behind. Thats exciting, go Scarlet, she sounds like she is doing very very well. Haha stinky, we can relate to that, lets hope stinky isnt one of their first words. Also this is going to sound really bad, but my DP works with a bunch of blokes and the bad language they use is shocking. I keep reminding him not to bring that language home or Maddie will be going to day care swearing!!

Marydean - So glad E's torticollis is almost gone! Woo hoo!

Queenie - Good to hear that the brace is coming off soon. We almost went down that track too. I still have to take Madeline back next week for another ultra sound on her hip just to check up that things are still on track.

Leemar - Wow thats great that you have family to look after the little ones while you work. My parents are trying to get me in on the family business too....still thinking about it. And I cant believe you are only thinking about going to Vegas lol book those tickets woman!! Seriously, my friend and her hubby went to Vegas about two months ago, they had SO much fun, it looks amazing. The kids will love it.

Fianne - Definately do the vegas wedding!!!! It will be great! I keep saying to my DP lets just avoid all the finer details and elope to vegas, I know my parents would be so cool with it, but I think DP's parents and my sisters would be bummed - sisters have their names down to be bridesmaids hehe.

Cally - Happy anniversary for yesterday!!! Congrats.

Now who was talking about ear piercing for babies earlier? I keep seeing little girls with their ears pierced, it looks lovely, but I'm scared because I know Maddie would scream the house down. Is there a best age to get it done?

Theres so much more I could write about today, but just dont have the time. Hope you all have a lovely day and sorry to the people I missed personals on.

yay nappy company sending me 30 huggies nappies.. they said they can see why some of the nappies leaked something to do with the lining ive had about 5 leak and i sent them 3 so for 8 nappies trouble i am getting 30
    haley - they are probably using milton to steralise thats what most centres use coz its cheaper and quick i am sure they wouldnt use bleach!! if the smell puts you off too badly maybe u could have daycare bottles and home bottles? the lid will turn up good idea labling everything, make sure u lable every part of the bottle that way no one can claim it as thier own lol... they called him tarry i think pronounced tah-rie i am trying to scrounge for a holiday over there because i am desperate to see her as well as bubs.. think my grandad has some frequant fliers so trying to figure out something there

MIL just came around to see K because she hasn't for a week and she missed out because she was asleep - ended up having a 2.75 hour nap!! That's huge for her.

We're trying a bottle this afternoon. Had some EBM in the freezer that was getting close to being out of date so think we will see if she still will take a bottle. Haven't tried since those first couple of weeks.

Hayley - Hopefully it gets easier dropping Maddie off next week.

Leanne - Definitely go to Vegas!! Especially if you have help with the kids, will be great fun - and don't forget to have a stopover in Disneyland on your way through.

MD - yay for the torticollis almost gone. That is great news.

Mmm, must ring up this afternoon and book K in for her 4mth needles.

DH has gone to do the shopping. We had to have takeaway for lunch because there was no food in the house. Big vegie stirfry on the cards for tonight - we have heaps of stirfries and have really missed them the last week while at mum's.

K was good in the car on the way back yesterday. But she didn't want to go to sleep last night and then when she did (at 9:30) was awake again at 1:30, then 5:30 and chatted to herself in the cot for an hour!! I checked on her a few times but she was just looking around, acclimatising herself back to her room. I had tears to DH at 2am because I was so tired, but I keep telling myself (as does he) that I need to just go with the flow and not get obsessed about her nighttime sleeping habits. Which I usually can, but it builds up after a while into a minor meltdown. Frustrating when she goes down for sleeps so easily during the day, but nighttime is a completely different matter.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Cally, maybe she is still confused about night and day? Do you have a little routine that you do every night before bed, ie bath time, feed, cuddles, bed? Does she wake up hungry? Maddie now and then will wake in the middle of the night, I know she isnt hungry, I pop the dummy in and she's back off to sleep. Do you use a dummy with Katie? Its exhausting isnt it, I can so relate to the miny meltdowns. Hopefully as she gets older she will get better, just keep thinking that!

Noni - Oh I wonder if it is Milton? Wouldnt have a clue what it smells like, but it smells like chlorine or bleach.

Hayley- Definatly say something to the childcare. Its your baby and you are paying them I certainly do.
    Cally- I am glad K was great for the trip home but what a bummer on the sleeping at night.

Vegas- Well I am just thinking about it at the moment the air fares for me and kids will be around 6000. DH looked into it and apparently Olivia will need a seat too. Oh well its not till sept so I have heaps of time to save and thinkabout it.

Oh better go.

haley milton smells like that we used it in our centre for cups bottles etc its gross lol but perfectly harmless!!! the poo up the back could be a once off if it happens again and it dosnt happen at home deffinately say something or if u feel you need to now then go for it as leanne said you pay for it its your baby!!

Lol Noni I know, I'm being so petty about the poo up the back! Ok I'm satisfied that it must be Milton. I couldnt imagine them putting bleach into a baby's bottle.

Leemar - Not cheap to go to Vegas, start saving hehe.

Hayley - we do have a routine before bed, it worked really well the week before we went away we had 0 issues that week, I was hoping our issues in Canberra were because we were in unfamiliar surroundings and it would all be fine when we got home but it wasn't the case.

She won't take a dummy so I tend to feed her when she wakes in the middle of the night because I know it will settle her quickly as well as prolong the hungry wake up as well.

K was not interested in having the EBM from the bottle. Will try again tomorrow, but it looks like I won't be able to go far without her for a while yet - oh well, I've lasted this long.

Leanne - wow, $6000 is a fair bit isn't it.

K is so chatty now. She is just lying there, catching up with all her toys hanging from the playgym that she didn't see for the week. Yesterday while I was feeding her, she kept coming off and having a chat - I could imagine her saying 'Mmm, mummy this is good milk you're giving me here!'

Noni - that is good about getting the extra nappies - hope they are from a different batch and don't leak too!

Hayley - I noticed that in hospital the Milton smell really hung around for ages on my hands and it was really like bleach.

K has had huge naps today - I have a feeling she isn't going to want to go to bed tonight, she had another 1.5 hours after the marathon 2.75 this morning.

hello ladies

md-congrats on your ebay win! i am so addicted to ebay. i have bought so much stuff of it- including 2 boats and even a car! maybe you should resist doing any kind of housework??

arte- wow you leave so soon! you must have so much to do before then...how do you think your pets will go with the move? don't you just love it when your pets leave you presents? my dog pulled a whole rhododendren (roots and all) out of its pot once and brought it in and left it in the middle of the lounge room floor. great. i'm trying to lose weight atm too. it's very hard though. i picked up a lot of bad eating habits when i first moved in with dp and got even more out of control when pg. i've been trying to be a lot more healthy though. when is your open home?

lp- i can't believe how much crap the girls' mum is putting you through. you soooo don't deserve that! is the wonder weeks book good? i've been keeping my eye out for a copy to come up on ebay. no luck so far...how big is your paddle pool? where did you get it? i can't believe you have time for a new hobby! i am flat out looking after dp, lewis and dog....let alone all the responsibility you have now, you are a champion! do you really miss work? i don't miss it at all....

leanne- what kind of new car are you getting? you'll need a big one to fit all your babies in! lol good luck back at work.

katie- don't you just love it when they have sleepy days? i love it. i should do housework but i usually end up catching up on all my fav foxtel shows!

fianne- vegas chapel wedding sounds awesome! i know what you mean about the mismatched surnames, it gives me the sh#ts. people get really confused. especially as my surname is actually a common firstname- so i get letters adressed to miss (my surname) (dp's surname). clearly this person doesn't exist grrrr

cally- happy anniversary!

queenie- you're doing such a great job. a couple of things that have helped me have been reading some pinky mckay books. md put me on to them but i've found they've really helped me with understanding and relating to my little man. i'm with you on the polished boards and pets. i have a golden retriever and sometimes it looks like we have white carpet instead of floorboards. i vacuum it but it's never ending...

noni- did you send back dirty nappies or clean ones? well done on your weight loss. does your friend's baby have a name yet?

jaz- i don't really enjoy the beach either- too hot and sweaty and sandy...i'm definitely no baywatch babe!

sherie- i reckon you should send your kids to the lost property box at school and see what uniforms they can bring home for free lol! $300 is pretty crazy. not looking forward to all these up-coming expenses we'll have....

hayley - glad to hear maddie went ok at childcare. i can't believe your first word was scissors! that's so complex..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast